PDA

View Full Version : Lakers don't have enough cap space to sign two max deals, even with just Kobe/Russell

Westbrook0
06-30-2015, 07:13 PM
John Schuhmann @johnschuhmann

Even w/ only Kobe & D'Angelo Russell on the roster, the Lakers don't have enough cap space to offer 2 max deals.
4:01 PM - 30 Jun 2015

40 40 Retweets

RightTwoCensor
06-30-2015, 07:14 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/c257d64b67708b9ba0cdd26c4e13cccf.png

Cocaine80s
06-30-2015, 07:15 PM
http://images.rapgenius.com/6c8b328f53bb4f41d9b64183d1d10cdc.325x244x61.gif

Ca$H
06-30-2015, 07:16 PM
LOL. Kobe is a salary cap rapist.

Spurs m8
06-30-2015, 07:20 PM
LOL thanks Kobe!!

Cheers

FireDavidKahn
06-30-2015, 07:21 PM
LOL. Kobe is a salary cap rapist.
:oldlol:

SexSymbol
06-30-2015, 07:22 PM
There aren't two players worth the max in this offseason anyways.
Aldridge maybe, but he's getting old, and then who? Wade? lol

Ca$H
06-30-2015, 07:24 PM

Marc Gasol.

SexSymbol
06-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Marc Gasol.
fock out of here, he's averaging like 40 percent fg% as a center in the playoffs the last 3 years.
10 mil at best

RightTwoCensor
06-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Lakers fans acting like they didn't want these max free agents now that they know they can't get them.

:yaohappy:

Shit is too funny! You can't make this stuff up,

Droid101
06-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Who cares? The point is to get one this season, then with the massive cap jump and Kobe's 25 off the books, it's two more max guys plus a mid level guy.

bobopenguin
06-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Marc Gasol.

Only two max guys we want and possible to get is dj and LMA.
Marc should stay away, Love isn't leaving, Leonard and jimmy is restricted.
Monroe has no interest in join, wade is too old and washed up.

imnew09
06-30-2015, 07:28 PM
We dont need to sign 2 max. Durantand GOAtbrook arw free agent soon.

Funny thing is name another franchise that can afford to sign 2 max, yea not that many why only bring up the Lakers? :facepalm

Bosnian Sajo
06-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Lakers fans acting like they didn't want these max free agents now that they know they can't get them.

What are you taking about? This entire time we have been talking about signing one of Aldridge/Love/Gasol and then possibly signing one of Wade/Rondo(if we had drafted Jahlil). Unless you consider Wade a max free agent.....the plans always been do good in the draft, keep our assets, sign a big time FA this offseason and once Kobe's contract comes off the books, sign another in 2016.

We have about 24m available, Aldridge alone would take 18m capspace...who has been spewing false info saying we were in the running to sign 2 max? Or are you just coming up with your own conclusion, making a fool out of yourself in the process?

Bosnian Sajo
06-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Who cares? The point is to get one this season, then with the massive cap jump and Kobe's 25 off the books, it's two more max guys plus a mid level guy.

This, idk where anyone came up with the idea of 2 max this off season...we always knew that was impossible. 1 max + 1 mid maybe, probably...but 2 max? :no:

warriorfan
06-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Not a big deal, if anything it's a blessing in disguise. This year's FA sucks, it's gonna be about 2016.

r0drig0lac
06-30-2015, 07:34 PM
http://images.rapgenius.com/6c8b328f53bb4f41d9b64183d1d10cdc.325x244x61.gif
:applause:

daily
06-30-2015, 07:44 PM
This, idk where anyone came up with the idea of 2 max this off season...we always knew that was impossible. 1 max + 1 mid maybe, probably...but 2 max? :no:This

The reason it's being discussed is because somebody asked Pelton about it during an online chat after Wojo tweeted Lakers were trying to clear cap space for DJ and LMA. Mind you this is the same Wojo that said this morning the Lakers were out of the LMA sweepstakes and it was down to the Spurs or going back to the Blazers

Westbrook0
06-30-2015, 07:48 PM

Funny thing is name another franchise that can afford to sign 2 max, yea not that many why only bring up the Lakers? :facepalm

Basically any team in the league could afford to sign two max players if you strip them down to just their superstar and a rookie.

The Lakers are the exception because of Kobe's huge contract. Answer your questions for you?

:facepalm

sportsfan76
06-30-2015, 07:49 PM

I had no idea he was 30

daily
06-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Basically any team in the league could afford to sign two max players if you strip them down to just their superstar and a rookie.

The Lakers are the exception because of Kobe's huge contract. Answer your questions for you?

:facepalmNo they couldn't there are teams that could but most teams couldn't

TheCorporation
06-30-2015, 07:50 PM

The point was already made...Kobe is a salary cap rapist.

TheMarkMadsen
06-30-2015, 07:51 PM
when did anybody say we did..??

COnDEMnED
06-30-2015, 07:52 PM
It's a non issue. We're in the first year of a three year rebuild plan. The object is to get younger and get 1 max this year. We're half way.

dazzer87
06-30-2015, 07:56 PM
KOME...........:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: raping again.........

daily
06-30-2015, 08:02 PM
when did anybody say we did..??

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Around the league, executives believe the Lakers are pursuing space to offer free agent deals to LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan.

imnew09
06-30-2015, 08:03 PM

:facepalm
You act like Okc can sign 2 max players with the current roster. :facepalm

COnDEMnED
06-30-2015, 08:04 PM
‏@WojYahooNBA
Around the league, executives believe the Lakers are pursuing space to offer free agent deals to LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan.
Woj hasn't been the most reliable for Lakers news. He's speculating about executives speculating.

TheCorporation
06-30-2015, 08:05 PM

But OKC has good players to show for...Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka

vs...

Kobe/Young/Boozer

Close, though...

:lol

magictricked
06-30-2015, 08:07 PM
But OKC has good players to show for...Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka

vs...

Kobe/Lin/Boozer

Close, though...

:lolLin and Boozer are gone

Lakers got these fools shook :roll:

Ca$H
06-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Not a big deal, if anything it's a blessing in disguise. This year's FA sucks, it's gonna be about 2016.

The dubs will land Durant next summer. Can't wait for the Splash Triplets!

TheMarkMadsen
06-30-2015, 08:08 PM
‏@WojYahooNBA

I don't know why he would be reporting that when anybody that has looked at our cap situation would have been able to tell you months ago that we wouldn't have enough for 2 max free agents

oh the horror
06-30-2015, 08:20 PM

And as usual you're acting like a little girl in every Laker thread.

The reality is there ARENT that many max level players at the moment. And the Lakers aren't going to throw around shit contracts just "cuz".

The rebuild is after Kobe is gone. Most Laker fans accept that.

Westbrook0
06-30-2015, 08:30 PM

You're completely missing the point. We're not talking about current roster.

If OKC consisted of ONLY Durant and Cameron Payne, then they could offer two more MAX players.

If LA only had Kobe and Russell, they would NOT be able to offer two max players.

Bond007
06-30-2015, 08:35 PM
since when were the lakers able to sign 2 max deals this year? i always knew they had about $23M this year.:rolleyes:

Riley Martin
06-30-2015, 08:42 PM

If OKC consisted of ONLY Durant and Cameron Payne, then they could offer two more MAX players.

If LA only had Kobe and Russell, they would NOT be able to offer two max players.

And? Are either of those two hypotheticals ever going to happen?

COnDEMnED
06-30-2015, 08:43 PM

You're completely missing the point. We never intended to. Kobe's contract ends on a specific date by design. It's not an accident. It's not a coincidence.

Westbrook0
07-01-2015, 02:19 AM
And? Are either of those two hypotheticals ever going to happen?

No, they're not, because the Lakers have more than just those two players on the roster, meaning Kobe's salary is EVEN MORE LIMITING.

Westbrook0
07-01-2015, 02:20 AM
You're completely missing the point. We never intended to. Kobe's contract ends on a specific date by design. It's not an accident. It's not a coincidence.

I believe the point of the tweet and my original post is that Kobe's salary is taking up a huge chunk of the Lakers' cap space.

And if that was indeed the point, then I am not missing it.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-01-2015, 02:24 AM
Lakers and Celtics setting their franchise up for the return. Boston has a great thing going wit owning Brooklyn's and Minnesota future first rounders. You would think it'd be easy to predict which team will suck in the future so that you can trade for their future draft picks.

COnDEMnED
07-01-2015, 03:02 AM
I believe the point of the tweet and my original post is that Kobe's salary is taking up a huge chunk of the Lakers' cap space.

And if that was indeed the point, then I am not missing it.
If I was referring to your original post, I would have quoted it.
You said, " If LA only had Kobe and Russell, they would NOT be able to offer two max players."

I'm telling you, who gives a shit? They never intended to have 2 max slots for this free agency. Three-Year-Process.

The plan is sign Aldridge then clear enough cap space to go after someone LaMarcus enjoys playing with: Robin Lopez. It's part of the pitch.

Kobe's salary is taking up a huge chunk of the Lakers cap space. Welcome to 2015. Let it go. The contract is almost over.

toxicxr6
07-01-2015, 03:27 AM
If I was referring to your original post, I would have quoted it.
You said, " If LA only had Kobe and Russell, they would NOT be able to offer two max players."

I'm telling you, who gives a shit? They never intended to have 2 max slots for this free agency. Three-Year-Process.

The plan is sign Aldridge then clear enough cap space to go after someone LaMarcus enjoys playing with: Robin Lopez. It's part of the pitch.

Kobe's salary is taking up a huge chunk of the Lakers cap space. Welcome to 2015. Let it go. The contract is almost over.

To be honest at this point I don't think this is a successful strategy...

Firstly there are a lot of top end free agents this offseason and with the cap exploding next year it really is a missed opportunity to lock in a max guy at a cheaper rate.. Next when you mention players like LMA.. It's not going to be attractive in the pitch to say "next offseason we can sign another max guy" a lot of these top free agents are approaching the end of their peak and want to win now.. They don't want to waste another year "to see if it pans out next offseason"

The reality is kobes massive contract is a major burden this offseason and I think will be the one of the major reasons why they won't be able to lure any top free agent this year