PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Aminu got $30M/4 years from Blazers

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago

Free agent Aminu Al-Farouq has agreed to a four year, $30 million deal with Portland, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

:eek: Didn't expect him to get nearly that much

Akrazotile
07-01-2015, 12:33 AM
:eek: Didn't expect him to get nearly that much

Remember with the cap increase a lot of these salaries are gonna seem higher than what they really are proportionally just bc we arent used to it yet.

KembaWalker
07-01-2015, 12:34 AM
It Begins

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Just wait until Wes and his torn achilles sign a contract paying him 15m/yr.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Damn...too bad

He found a really nice spot on this Mavs team behind and next to Dirk on the court.

Not sure how he'll do in a different situation. Hope it works out for him/Blazers....really like that guy.

midatlantic09
07-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Why give this guy $30 million?

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Why give this guy $30 million?

Lots of reasons actually, but I need to see what else the Blazers do before I know if I think it's good or bad for them.

I actually think the Blazers need to rebuild...and Aminu is a guy that can be part of that process.

So we'll see...

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 12:40 AM
Remember with the cap increase a lot of these salaries are gonna seem higher than what they really are proportionally just bc we arent used to it yet.I know, I'm fully aware of the cap jump that's coming. I just didn't think he would have gotten that many years. Smart by Portland to lock in a talented young player who's versatile defensively.

Damn...too bad

He found a really nice spot on this Mavs team behind and next to Dirk on the court.

Not sure how he'll do in a different situation. Hope it works out for him/Blazers....really like that guy.I bet he's utilized really similarly by Portland, given Stotts' Dallas connection. However, he'll be a lot less effective if LMA leaves obviously. I'm guessing he'll play a lot of PF.

I thought he was a steal by you guys last summer (I said Cleveland should have brought him in vs. Marion fwiw) but I honestly think Carlisle utilized him so well that it showcased his attributes better than just about any other coach could have. Thought Aminu would have been a really nice fit alongside Melo in NYK. I guess he's a short term stopgrap if LMA leaves but his contract should be good for trades. Need some decently-sized contracts for future trades.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 12:43 AM
I know, I'm fully aware of the cap jump that's coming. I just didn't think he would have gotten that many years. Smart by Portland to lock in a talented young player who's versatile defensively.
I bet he's utilized really similarly by Portland, given Stotts' Dallas connection. However, he'll be a lot less effective if LMA leaves obviously. I'm guessing he'll play a lot of PF.

I thought he was a steal by you guys last summer (I said Cleveland should have brought him in vs. Marion fwiw) but I honestly think Carlisle utilized him so well that it showcased his attributes better than just about any other coach could have. Thought Aminu would have been a really nice fit alongside Melo in NYK. I guess he's a short term stopgrap if LMA leaves but his contract should be good for trades. Need some decently-sized contracts for future trades.

Yea.

I am very interested to see what the Blazers do here. Assuming LMA leaves...I think they could have a really quick rebuild with a very young team.

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Yea.

I am very interested to see what the Blazers do here. Assuming LMA leaves...I think they could have a really quick rebuild with a very young team.True. If I were the GM, I would hope that if I can't convince LMA to stay, he goes to Lakers and they can get Randle (or more) in a S&T.

Apparently Lakers want both DJ and LMA. Aldridge has made it known he likes playing with RoLo, perhaps with Lakers, so maybe Portland can work something out to get a promising prospect out of the departing guys.

midatlantic09
07-01-2015, 12:48 AM
Lots of reasons actually, but I need to see what else the Blazers do before I know if I think it's good or bad for them.

I actually think the Blazers need to rebuild...and Aminu is a guy that can be part of that process.

So we'll see...

He's not a good player, lol.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 12:52 AM
True. If I were the GM, I would hope that if I can't convince LMA to stay, he goes to Lakers and they can get Randle (or more) in a S&T.

Apparently Lakers want both DJ and LMA. Aldridge has made it known he likes playing with RoLo, perhaps with Lakers, so maybe Portland can work something out to get a promising prospect out of the departing guys.

Randle would be great of course, but any assets will be nice.

This team now has a really solid young core imo. It's not great yet or anything, but the pieces are there.

All indications are that LMA is going to the Spurs. I'd agree to the sign and trade and do Splitter/Diaw and a pick. Then I'd turn around and flip Splitter and Diaw for a couple picks or a young player.

Blazers do that and get into the top 10 of the draft next year....they've got a really nice team around an already proven all star guard....with plenty of cap space to fill out the roster and go after guys.

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Randle would be great of course, but any assets will be nice.

This team now has a really solid young core imo. It's not great yet or anything, but the pieces are there.

All indications are that LMA is going to the Spurs. I'd agree to the sign and trade and do Splitter/Diaw and a pick. Then I'd turn around and flip Splitter and Diaw for a couple picks or a young player.

Blazers do that and get into the top 10 of the draft next year....they've got a really nice team around an already proven all star guard....with plenty of cap space to fill out the roster and go after guys.True, I can see Diaw and Splitter having value around the league, especially since Diaw's deal is partially guaranteed for 2016-2017 I think. Splitter's on a pretty decent contract too and wouldn't be too hard to move right now.

Portland, assuming LMA/Wes/RoLo/Affalo all leave (and why wouldn't they all), does have some nice young pieces in Lillard, McCollum, Aminu, Vonleh, Leonard, and Plumlee. I'm not sure how great that core is or could be, but getting a bottom 5 record in a draft that seems to have some really high end talent at the very top could make for a great foundation. I guess with the exodus all those young guys can get some PT and we can see how they can do with more burn (Myers Leonard 50/40/90 repeat performance anybody?).

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 01:03 AM
True, I can see Diaw and Splitter having value around the league, especially since Diaw's deal is partially guaranteed for 2016-2017 I think. Splitter's on a pretty decent contract too and wouldn't be too hard to move right now.

Portland, assuming LMA/Wes/RoLo/Affalo all leave (and why wouldn't they all), does have some nice young pieces in Lillard, McCollum, Aminu, Vonleh, Leonard, and Plumlee. I'm not sure how great that core is or could be, but getting a bottom 5 record in a draft that seems to have some really high end talent at the very top could make for a great foundation. I guess with the exodus all those young guys can get some PT and we can see how they can do with more burn (Myers Leonard 50/40/90 repeat performance anybody?).

That core, with the addition of a lottery pick this coming summer, would be great if they could add an all star level player in free agency (easier said than done)...

But losing a player the caliber of LMA usually sets a team back more than this.

The Blazers would be smart, imo, to let Lopez, Wes, and Afflalo all go. They'll be better off in the long run imo.

bluechox2
07-01-2015, 01:10 AM
aminu was like 7th options where ever he went...over paid

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 01:10 AM
That core, with the addition of a lottery pick this coming summer, would be great if they could add an all star level player in free agency (easier said than done)...

But losing a player the caliber of LMA usually sets a team back more than this.

The Blazers would be smart, imo, to let Lopez, Wes, and Afflalo all go. They'll be better off in the long run imo.100% agree in letting guys go and even helping facilitate S&Ts if necessary. Apparently Mavs are meeting with Wes now and Knicks are offering at least $12M/year to Affalo, so they're likely goners.

I'm not sure how competitive they'll be in 2016 free agency to land a stud (Portland's a chill town, so that should work in their favor), but they'll have so much cap space they can help top end guys build their own teams essentially.

They need a good 2016 draft or they'll have Lillard with lots of nice role players, even with that great cap space. Weird situation with cap exploding and a team completely blowing up, but it wouldn't shock me if they're lotto bound for next ~3 years or in the playoffs. Hard to read how rest of FA will play out for them. Maybe they scoop up some young guys on the cheap?

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 01:17 AM
100% agree in letting guys go and even helping facilitate S&Ts if necessary. Apparently Mavs are meeting with Wes now and Knicks are offering at least $12M/year to Affalo, so they're likely goners.

I'm not sure how competitive they'll be in 2016 free agency to land a stud (Portland's a chill town, so that should work in their favor), but they'll have so much cap space they can help top end guys build their own teams essentially.

They need a good 2016 draft or they'll have Lillard with lots of nice role players, even with that great cap space. Weird situation with cap exploding and a team completely blowing up, but it wouldn't shock me if they're lotto bound for next ~3 years or in the playoffs. Hard to read how rest of FA will play out for them. Maybe they scoop up some young guys on the cheap?

That is why this Aminu signing could be sneaky great. He can be part of the rebuilding process, but his true value will be shown if the Blazers add another all star player in the next 2 years.

You do that and hit on 1 of the draft picks they'll have...and it's a really nice situation with a team full of guys in or entering their true primes.

The trick will be to play it right. Which, imo, would be to play all these young guys a ton this year and next and naturally progress while looking to find that missing piece.

KNOW1EDGE
07-01-2015, 03:04 AM
I like what the blazers are doing to brace for the departure of half their team including their franchise player.

But if they want to contend for a championship they'll need to sign a guy like Greg Monroe or work a sign and trade for LMA

RoseCity07
07-01-2015, 03:17 AM
I like what the blazers are doing to brace for the departure of half their team including their franchise player.

But if they want to contend for a championship they'll need to sign a guy like Greg Monroe or work a sign and trade for LMA

:oldlol:

wally_world
07-01-2015, 03:45 AM
He's probably very close to his ceiling already, not a great deal

T_L_P
07-01-2015, 08:04 AM
He's a great player.

Euroleague
07-01-2015, 08:10 AM
These NBA teams are run by a bunch of clowns.

Carbine
07-01-2015, 08:22 AM
My issue with the deal is what is Aminu is today's NBA?

With such an emphasis on spacing, 3&D wing players are more crucial to put around stars as ever. Stretch 4's an even 5's are even more of a luxury if they can defend.

Aminu as a SF does not fit this mold. He's a brutal shooter. He's not a stretch four either. His value is defensively, however with no offensive game to rely upon unless spoon fed..... Can he really be apart of your core rotation on a championship team?

I have my doubts. He wouldn't have played for Clevelad much even with all their injuries. And he wouldn't have sniffed the court with GS.

unknowns8
07-01-2015, 08:22 AM

So we'll see...

the mavs loyalty to Dirk is to be commended but the rebuildingh process is truly onhold wehilst Dirk is playing there ... not saying the Mavs should sell Dirk but look at how well Boston have done after selling Pierce and Garnett, Mavs can't do that kind of organisational change whilst Dirk is there

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 08:29 AM
the mavs loyalty to Dirk is to be commended but the rebuildingh process is truly onhold wehilst Dirk is playing there ... not saying the Mavs should sell Dirk but look at how well Boston have done after selling Pierce and Garnett, Mavs can't do that kind of organisational change whilst Dirk is there

Actually not really if Jordan signs with us. We will have rebuilt on the fly while staying competitive.

We also just shouldn't have blown it up or blow it up given Dirk is still a very good player and on an absurdly cheap contract given the market and upcoming cap increases.

My issues with what the Mavs have done since last summer are well documented....and if we strike out on LMA (he's not coming) and Jordan...we won't make the playoffs most likely.

This is make or break for the Mavs....for a lot of reasons.

senelcoolidge
07-01-2015, 08:40 AM
:facepalm
why would someone do this? You look at a players body of work..not what he did for one playoff series...

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 08:53 AM
why would someone do this? You look at a players body of work..not what he did for one playoff series...

You also look at talent and potential. Aminu was a top 10 pick for a reason (iirc he was top 10....getting old and can't remember shit like I used to)

He is also the type of player the league is trending toward seeing in a new light.

Guys that can play defense on multiple positions, rebound, and hustle.

Aminu has all that in spades...and he made real improvements in his game last year that will carry over in the right situations.

You also look at where the cap is going. This deal is a decent deal based on just looking at it in this cap this coming year...then turns into a very good deal for the Blazers starting with the cap increase in 2016.

It's a bit more complicated, but it's also good if the Blazers don't bring back LMA, Lopez, Afflalo, and Wes...which seems likely at this point. Aminu won't add many wins to the Blazers next year, which will be good for them, but if they sign an all star type player next summer and hit on their lottery pick next year....Aminu's value sky rockets for them as his best fit is always going to be playing on a good team where he's not asked to do a lot.

If that is the Blazers plan (we have no idea at this point)...this is an even more sneaky good move by the Blazers.

Carbine
07-01-2015, 09:13 AM
You also look at talent and potential. Aminu was a top 10 pick for a reason (iirc he was top 10....getting old and can't remember shit like I used to)

He is also the type of player the league is trending toward seeing in a new light.

Guys that can play defense on multiple positions, rebound, and hustle.

Aminu has all that in spades...and he made real improvements in his game last year that will carry over in the right situations.

You also look at where the cap is going. This deal is a decent deal based on just looking at it in this cap this coming year...then turns into a very good deal for the Blazers starting with the cap increase in 2016.

It's a bit more complicated, but it's also good if the Blazers don't bring back LMA, Lopez, Afflalo, and Wes...which seems likely at this point. Aminu won't add many wins to the Blazers next year, which will be good for them, but if they sign an all star type player next summer and hit on their lottery pick next year....Aminu's value sky rockets for them as his best fit is always going to be playing on a good team where he's not asked to do a lot.

If that is the Blazers plan (we have no idea at this point)...this is an even more sneaky good move by the Blazers.

The league isn't transitioning to guys who can't shoot or playmaker either. His rebounding isn't great. He's not Tristan Thompson (who would be far far less enticing if he didn't get his team multiple extra possessions by himself on the glass)

He's not a fit for these spacing offennses at all.

D-Rose
07-01-2015, 09:15 AM
His contract is very much the new MLE in a couple years. It's a fair deal. You know Portland has to overpay a little. They're going into a bit of a rebuild anyway, smart to invest in a young player with lots of upside. He's got defense and tenacity, offense should develop.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 09:19 AM
The league isn't transitioning to guys who can't shoot or playmaker either. His rebounding isn't great. He's not Tristan Thompson (who would be far far less enticing if he didn't get his team multiple extra possessions by himself on the glass)

He's not a fit for these spacing offennses at all.

His rebounding is very good for a player of his versatility on offense.

Yes...he's not TT...which is why he's going to make less than half or right at half what TT makes a year....

You guys are acting like he got paid 12 million a year. He's making roughly 7.5 a year....and with cap increases coming...it's just not a contract to worry about it.

Aminu is 24 years old. He's still improving his game. I think he's a little better than you describe above, but he does have weaknesses to his game.

Hence why he's not getting a huge contract.

You just can't look at this deal like it's based on the current cap. It isn't.

If he doesn't work for the Blazers this year....I can assure you the Mavs would love to take Aminu, if he was healthy, back at 7.5 a year once the cap goes up next summer. They'd love it....and most other teams would as well.

The thing with a player like Aminu is that he's going to thrive on a contender imo...or at least a team that is really good and he can be kind of an afterthought. If he has to play a large role and do a lot...he won't be playing near his optimal level.

This is why I don't mind the signing for the Blazers. Aminu isn't adding a ton of wins to a rebuilding team (good thing) and then if the Blazers hit their draft pick next yar and sign an all star or a couple of real pieces...Aminu will help add a lot of wins to that team in his proper role.

If it doesn't work at all...contending teams will be lining up to trade for him at 7.5 a year.

So it's basically a "no lose" situation for the Blazers unless he gets hurt.

StephHamann
07-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Aminu is 24 years old. He's still improving his game. I think he's a little better than you describe above, but he does have weaknesses to his game.

If he doesn't work for the Blazers this year....I can assure you the Mavs would love to take Aminu, if he was healthy, back at 7.5 a year once the cap goes up next summer. They'd love it....and most other teams would as well.

The thing with a player like Aminu is that he's going to thrive on a contender imo...or at least a team that is really good and he can be kind of an afterthought. If he has to play a large role and do a lot...he won't be playing near his optimal level.

This is why I don't mind the signing for the Blazers. Aminu isn't adding a ton of wins to a rebuilding team (good thing) and then if the Blazers hit their draft pick next yar and sign an all star or a couple of real pieces...Aminu will help add a lot of wins to that team in his proper role.

If it doesn't work at all...contending teams will be lining up to trade for him at 7.5 a year.

So it's basically a "no lose" situation for the Blazers unless he gets hurt.

It's also a "no win" situation for the Blazers. Aminu is a hustle guy and nothing more. Nice to bring players like that from the bench, but he won't win you games in any way.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 10:46 AM
It's also a "no win" situation for the Blazers. Aminu is a hustle guy and nothing more. Nice to bring players like that from the bench, but he won't win you games in any way.

They aren't paying him like he's anything other than a role player.

Have you guys actually looked at his contract?

He's not making 14 million a year.

He's making roughly 7.5 per for 4 years. He's not being paid, nor will he be asked, to come in and be the driving force for wins.

Again, if the Blazers end up wanting to rebuild this season...it's a good signing because he's not adding a lot of wins to a team that probably just wants to be kind of bad.

If they end up replacing some of these guys and making a playoff push (I don't like this option)...Aminu will really help on a good team.

If it doesn't work out for some reason other than health...they'll be able to trade Aminu in hours after this season.

What the **** are you talking about "no win"???? Almost every scenario has this as a good or net even signing for the Blazers.

Is the Mike Dunleavy signing at 5 million a year a "no win" for the Bulls? Of course not. Aminu making a little more on a team that has the cap room and isn't in a "win now" mode (this is all assuming LMA leaves)...just isn't hurting the Blazers at all...

Only scenario that hurts them is devastating injuries..and that is true with every contract.

StephHamann
07-01-2015, 10:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2o1sESk.jpg

He only got a minimum contract after the last season in New Orleans, his stats are even worse on the great Mavs offense. And now he gets 40 million, because he had 2 good games against Harden in the playoffs?

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 10:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2o1sESk.jpg

He only got a minimum contract after the last season in New Orleans, his stats are even worse on the great Mavs offense. And now he gets 40 million, because he had 2 good games against Harden in the playoffs?

He didn't get 40 million for starters.

Het got 4 years 30 million.

And he got that because he is a very talented player that improved his game throughout the year.

What do you think is a fair number for him over 4 years with the cap increasing a ton next season?

You are essentially bitching about like 5 million over 4 years. Which essentially means nothing.

And might mean even less depending on how they structure the contract...which could be front loaded depending on what the Blazers decide to do this year...which would give them even more cap down the road and improve Aminu's trade value if it doesn't work.

StephHamann
07-01-2015, 11:00 AM
And he got that because he is a very talented player that improved his game throughout the year.

What do you think is a fair number for him over 4 years with the cap increasing a ton next season?

You are essentially bitching about like 5 million over 4 years. Which essentially means nothing.

He did not improved in any way. His FG% even got worse.

Corey Brewer is the better player and has a Dunleavy type deal.

CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $14,107,500

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 11:05 AM
He did not improved in any way. His FG% even got worse.

Corey Brewer is the better player and has a Dunleavy type deal.

CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $14,107,500

Dunleavy is basically a decade older....:facepalm

And I don't think Brewer is a better player actually.

And the 4 years locked in is a huge win for the Blazers here...not the player. You want to lock in guys as long as possible right now.

I definitely think he improved as well, but that doesn't even matter.

There is a reason he was taken in the lottery. He's got real NBA talent and given where the cap/money is going. Locking him into 4 years at that price is not bad.

Is it the best signing ever or something? Of course not, but having him on your team is not a bad thing. You are acting like he's a scrub or something. He's a good player.

You really think this guy, at age 24 before his true prime, is only worth 4 million a year or something with the cap set to go through the roof during his contract? This signing makes sense for a variety of reasons...and you are ignoring that a 24 year old can also improve. Stop acting like Aminu has no chance to get better over the next couple years.

Again, you are arguing over nothing. Are you saying that 4 years 25 million would be bad as well? That you'd take issue with that also? Please answer.

HurricaneKid
07-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Its threads like this that make it evident people here don't get it. Aminu is 24 and just had a spectacular year of growth with Dallas. He is a lousy shooter and mediocre offensive player. But he can cut effectively and still plays a role. Defensively he shines. His athleticism is off the charts. He can most wings and a LOT of 4s. He was top 55 in real +/- this year ahead of a lot of max guys.

For 7.5M/ he is a steal. So much so I think less of this community for there only being one person here who sees it. Its no coincidence that it is a Mavs fan. Probably the only person here who bothered to watch him this year.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Its threads like this that make it evident people here don't get it. Aminu is 24 and just had a spectacular year of growth with Dallas. He is a lousy shooter and mediocre offensive player. But he can cut effectively and still plays a role. Defensively he shines. His athleticism is off the charts. He can most wings and a LOT of 4s. He was top 55 in real +/- this year ahead of a lot of max guys.

For 7.5M/ he is a steal. So much so I think less of this community for there only being one person here who sees it. Its no coincidence that it is a Mavs fan. Probably the only person here who bothered to watch him this year.

Someone gets it.

Thank you...the world makes sense again.

unknowns8
07-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Actually not really if Jordan signs with us. We will have rebuilt on the fly while staying competitive.

We also just shouldn't have blown it up or blow it up given Dirk is still a very good player and on an absurdly cheap contract given the market and upcoming cap increases.

My issues with what the Mavs have done since last summer are well documented....and if we strike out on LMA (he's not coming) and Jordan...we won't make the playoffs most likely.

This is make or break for the Mavs....for a lot of reasons.

So if DeAndre signs with someone else, then my point is proven and retaining Dirk - even on the cheap contract given to him given his talents/skills/stature - is hindering the Mavs organisation rebuiilding process ... and confirmation that this signing is way overs for no other apparent reason other than they can... :confusedshrug:

StephHamann
07-01-2015, 12:17 PM
He did not develop last year, his numbers got worse.

He was so good that 45 year old Richard Jefferson was playing many games instead of him, but Rick Carlisle is a bad coach i guess.

His +- was good, ok. Brandan Wright was PER top 10 with the Mavs for 2 years.

Keep getting dem checks Aminu, he peaked at the right time and had a few good games at the end of the season and in the playoffs. Good for him.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 12:19 PM
So if DeAndre signs with someone else, then my point is proven and retaining Dirk - even on the cheap contract given to him given his talents/skills/stature - is hindering the Mavs organisation rebuiilding process ... and confirmation that this signing is way overs for no other apparent reason other than they can... :confusedshrug:

You make it sound like the Mavs are trying to rebuild. They aren't. Never were.

Making mistakes to build the right team...like I have repeatedly called the Mavs out on since 12 isn't the same as rebuilding.

Put it this way...the upside of fielding quality teams with Dirk since 13 to present far outweighed the upside of a complete overhaul of the roster and a rebuild. Hence why it was never an option.

And that is just from a basketball standpoint. Mavs fans would freak the **** out if we moved Dirk so we could do what? Go back to being arguably the worst franchise in all of sports like we were before he came here?

No thanks buddy...we want to see Dirk retire a Mav. And his 8 million dollar a year contract and all star level type play isn't doing anything other than helping this franchise.

It's on everyone else to get shit done for a change. That goes for the players we sign to the front office.

Not to mention...if we don't get Deandre...we might suck anyway...LOL

StephHamann
07-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Not to mention...if we don't get Deandre...we might suck anyway...LOL

We will suck with or without him, this team is going nowhere.

unknowns8
07-01-2015, 12:28 PM
You make it sound like the Mavs are trying to rebuild. They aren't. Never were.

Making mistakes to build the right team...like I have repeatedly called the Mavs out on since 12 isn't the same as rebuilding.

Put it this way...the upside of fielding quality teams with Dirk since 13 to present far outweighed the upside of a complete overhaul of the roster and a rebuild. Hence why it was never an option.

And that is just from a basketball standpoint. Mavs fans would freak the **** out if we moved Dirk so we could do what? Go back to being arguably the worst franchise in all of sports like we were before he came here?

No thanks buddy...we want to see Dirk retire a Mav. And his 8 million dollar a year contract and all star level type play isn't doing anything other than helping this franchise.

It's on everyone else to get shit done for a change. That goes for the players we sign to the front office.

Look, overall you're right ... i guess the sticking point is I view those failed moves (specifically the way that title roster was blown up) as flawed rebuilding moves whilst honouring Dirk and his achievements, nothing wrong with that I suppose but it's brought very limited success ... shuffling Dirk aids that process but it also alienates the fan base as you've said so its a damned if you do scenario I guess

also, I don't wanna hijack a thread about a now-Blazers player into a Mavs rebuilding plans thread :cheers:

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 12:28 PM
We will suck with or without him, this team is going nowhere.

Nah...well...it depends.

If we signed Wes and Jordan...we will not suck. We won't be as good as people will initially think, but depending on how the roster fills in around them...it could be a very good team with health.

Also, stop it with the Aminu shit. You aren't understanding the cap or his situation at all.

And you definitely vastly under-rate his impact. Guys like him are not worthless. Being able to guard most positions and rebounding/hustling like that...that has value.

I ask again. What would you pay Aminu? What do you think is fair?