PDA

View Full Version : Stein: B. Lopez & T. Young Agree With Nets

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 01:03 AM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m3 minutes ago

Says at least one source close to talks on expected 3/60M deal for Brook Lopez and 4/50M deal for Thad Young: "Consider them done deals"
Brook's surge the second half of the season made him BANK. Also Thad Young didn't do too badly for himself. Billy King with that blank check GM system haha.

Healthy Lopez + full year of Young + improvements from Bojan should make Brooklyn perfectly mediocre once again.

Nets fan 93
07-01-2015, 02:31 AM
Brook's surge the second half of the season made him BANK. Also Thad Young didn't do too badly for himself. Billy King with that blank check GM system haha.

Healthy Lopez + full year of Young + improvements from Bojan should make Brooklyn perfectly mediocre once again.
Hollins had just figured out how to use Lopez in his system. This is gonna be the first time in the Brooklyn Era where the nets aren't switching the coaches. They'll be better next year. Hollis-Jefferson is that "Tony Allen" Hollins has been wanting too so that'll be interesting

bobopenguin
07-01-2015, 02:38 AM
now all need is Deron back with his mind.. :facepalm

dammit, Dwill, show these haters! u are capable of being in the same discussion as cp3!!

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-01-2015, 02:42 AM
Hopefully Brook is over his health issues and will play significant games. That would be my only concern about locking him up long term.

Thad is a decent bench player. With the trading of Pkumlee, I wonder if Teletubby will play more....

R.I.P.
07-01-2015, 02:45 AM
Here is the Starting Five Billy King gets you for $75M:

Williams
JJ
Hollis-Jefferson
Young
Lopez

Gotta love the guy. :lol :lol

Dr. Ice
07-01-2015, 02:50 AM
Doing their best to maintain their status of most boring team in the league

bobopenguin
07-01-2015, 02:50 AM
Here is the Starting Five Billy King gets you for $75M:

Williams
JJ
Hollis-Jefferson
Young
Lopez

Gotta love the guy. :lol :lol

this is eastern conf playoff team, no problem.:cheers:

R.I.P.
07-01-2015, 02:57 AM

A very doubtful maybe. 8th seed last year and the teams around them Bucks, Heat and Pacers are expected to be much better. Hornets already added Batum. Knicks will be active in free agency.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-01-2015, 02:58 AM
It probably is... and when you add Teletubby, Steve Blake, Jarrett Jack off the bench...

BlackWhiteGreen
07-01-2015, 03:35 AM
Pretty sh!tty for the Celtics who have their pick next year, but Lopez is still injury prone and Thad Young has never shown ability to carry a team. Got to figure Lopez misses at least 1 of the next 3 years and gives the Celtics a lottery pick.

Nets had no other choice though. What's the point of trading all your picks if you're going to let your best player go?

Fudge
07-01-2015, 03:38 AM
:roll:

bobopenguin
07-01-2015, 04:04 AM
A very doubtful maybe. 8th seed last year and the teams around them Bucks, Heat and Pacers are expected to be much better. Hornets already added Batum. Knicks will be active in free agency.

let's see..

locked: cavs, bull, hawk, wizs.
probably: pacer, Heat, Bucks

no chance: magic, piston, 76ers
wtf is this team: Knicks

last spot between hornet vs celtics vs Nets vs raptors

probably has a chance.
pacers - out on David West, which is like 3rd wheel on the team.
celtics - i dont even know how they made that far last year.
raptors - exposed to be pretender, will get worse if they get rid of Derozan
Hornet - Batum in is the big deal, but they are looking to unload Stephenson, so..

salwan
07-01-2015, 04:24 AM
Pretty sh!tty for the Celtics who have their pick next year, but Lopez is still injury prone and Thad Young has never shown ability to carry a team. Got to figure Lopez misses at least 1 of the next 3 years and gives the Celtics a lottery pick.

Nets had no other choice though. What's the point of trading all your picks if you're going to let your best player go?

My exact thoughts. The pick's gonna land somewhere between 10

fiddy
07-01-2015, 04:47 AM
Not really :oldlol:

Smook A.
07-01-2015, 05:07 AM
So $20 million a year for a softie and $12 million a year for a role player. I'm sorry, but I'd HATE to be a Nets fan right now.

wally_world
07-01-2015, 05:23 AM
Worst team to play in myGM mode

uber
07-01-2015, 05:24 AM
let's see..

locked: cavs, bull, hawk, wizs.
probably: pacer, Heat, Bucks

no chance: magic, piston, 76ers
wtf is this team: Knicks

last spot between hornet vs celtics vs Nets vs raptors

probably has a chance.
pacers - out on David West, which is like 3rd wheel on the team.
celtics - i dont even know how they made that far last year.
raptors - exposed to be pretender, will get worse if they get rid of Derozan
Hornet - Batum in is the big deal, but they are looking to unload Stephenson, so..

i hope they can somehow unload him

:rolleyes:

Nets fan 93
07-01-2015, 10:36 PM
So $20 million a year for a softie and $12 million a year for a role player. I'm sorry, but I'd HATE to be a Nets fan right now.
If the new TV deal wasn't happening then yeah life as a nets fan would suck.. But it is... And this team will make the playoffs.

oh the horror
07-01-2015, 10:42 PM
As someone trying to rep BK here in California (born in crown heights) this shit is sad. How billy King has a job is beyond anything I can comprehend