PDA

View Full Version : Stein: Bucks and Khris Middleton closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

Milbuck
07-01-2015, 03:22 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13178955/milwaukee-bucks-khris-middleton-close-5-year-70-million-contract
Marc Stein
‏@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Milwaukee and Khris Middleton are closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

3:00 AM - 1 Jul 2015

:rockon:

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 03:24 AM
What theeee ****. That's almost James Harden money, and people were complaining about Klay's extension earlier in the season.

:biggums:

fiddy
07-01-2015, 03:24 AM
Someone needs to throw a MAX at Middleton

Imtheman
07-01-2015, 03:25 AM
What theeee ****. That's almost James Harden money, and people were complaining about Klay's extension earlier in the season.

:biggums:
Cap went up.

Legends66NBA7
07-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Someone needs to throw a MAX at Middleton

Isn't he a RFA ? Bucks can match anything.

fiddy
07-01-2015, 03:26 AM
Isn't he a RFA ? Bucks can match anything.
Exactly :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 03:28 AM
Cap went up.

I understand, but that doesn't mean role players should be getting this kind of money. The cap went up to 67m (possibly 69m) for this following season, and then will shoot up to about 90m after that...But damn. 13ppg on the bucks gets you this kind of money?

fiddy
07-01-2015, 03:30 AM
I understand, but that doesn't mean role players should be getting this kind of money. The cap went up to 67m (possibly 69m) for this following season, and then will shoot up to about 90m after that...But damn. 13ppg on the bucks gets you this kind of money?
Hes young, good two-way player hes worth the money hes getting

Milbuck
07-01-2015, 03:31 AM
He's not a role player. He was arguably the best player on the team, and once that retard Knight was traded and Mids got a bigger role in the offense he put up 17/4/4 on 46/39/88 shooting with great defense over his last 30. His overall career stats and full season stats are irrelevant to me because he's taken huge jumps year-to-year and especially once Knight was traded. And he's 23, not even in his prime. In a couple years he could very well be a fringe all-star in the East. Under the new cap, that at 14 mil a year is an absolute steal.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Hes young, good two-way player hes worth the money hes getting

[B][U]a

Milbuck
07-01-2015, 03:45 AM
Well hey, if Bucks fans are happy. Hopefully he doesn't just sit on this money now, because that's a lot of ****ing money :eek: I liked him in the playoffs for sure, I was hoping the Lakers might have made an offer (irrelevant because RFA) but I didn't expect the starting offer from the Bucks to be this high. You're probably right though, 14m for him leaves you like 76m for the rest of your starters and main bench players, plus whatever they set the hardcap.
Yeah that's my biggest concern, after the Sanders fiasco we really need Mids to earn his contract :lol

The new cap is ridiculous, iirc in 2017-18 it will be ~108mil.. So his 14 mil that season would be the equivalent of 8.1 mil this past season. Most of these seemingly big deals are gonna look pretty insignificant in a couple years.

fiddy
07-01-2015, 03:47 AM
[QUOTE=Bosnian Sajo][B][U]a

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 03:54 AM
Yeah that's my biggest concern, after the Sanders fiasco we really need Mids to earn his contract :lol

The new cap is ridiculous, iirc in 2017-18 it will be ~108mil.. So his 14 mil that season would be the equivalent of 8.1 mil this past season. Most of these seemingly big deals are gonna look pretty insignificant in a couple years.

I was gonna add that in my post but I thought nah, not the same situation, that nigqa was Wiz Khalifa high :oldlol:

I didn't know the cap will go up that high, wtf? Insane. But you gotta remember...some players can command 30% of the cap, meaning there will be players with contracts starting at 36m if the cap is 108m. Salaries add up, quick.

fiddy
07-01-2015, 03:56 AM
I was gonna add that in my post but I thought nah, not the same situation, that nigqa was Wiz Khalifa high :oldlol:

I didn't know the cap will go up that high, wtf? Insane. But you gotta remember...some players can command 30% of the cap, meaning there will be players with contracts starting at 36m if the cap is 108m. Salaries add up, quick.
Middleton is worth that contract given the circumstances :facepalm

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 04:06 AM
Middleton is worth that contract given the circumstances :facepalm

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-03/enhanced/webdr06/31/20/anigif_enhanced-29196-1396312647-3.gif

What happened to "get off my nuts", did you miss me?

fiddy
07-01-2015, 04:09 AM
What happened to "get off my nuts", did you miss me?
You want that magic cream again? You dirty little girl, the Imam is not going to be happy with you. IS kills fellow talibans in Syria for being homosexual. :no:

Sportal
07-01-2015, 04:10 AM
Seems like big money tbh.

And lol @ the dude trying to grammar-nazi people, and then uses an emoticon as a form of punctuation. Get outta here.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 04:15 AM
Typical fiddy, always taking it too far.

Seems like big money tbh.

And lol @ the dude trying to grammar-nazi people, and then uses an emoticon as a form of punctuation. Get outta here.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0worzzQzK1qg8hapo1_500.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4K6NhDvPBjE/Stgr2p1pyrI/AAAAAAAAANQ/2XclAoT_GOI/s320/SuperStock_1525R-4902.jpg

fiddy
07-01-2015, 04:17 AM
Typical fiddy, always taking it too far.

I have seen at least four executions carried by your fellows of the Islamic State against people charged with homosexuality. :confusedshrug:

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 04:22 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/eKDp7xvUdbCrC/giphy.gif

fiddy
07-01-2015, 04:25 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/eKDp7xvUdbCrC/giphy.gif
Betta be careful, just sayin

RoseCity07
07-01-2015, 06:16 AM
He's not a role player. He was arguably the best player on the team, and once that retard Knight was traded and Mids got a bigger role in the offense he put up 17/4/4 on 46/39/88 shooting with great defense over his last 30. His overall career stats and full season stats are irrelevant to me because he's taken huge jumps year-to-year and especially once Knight was traded. And he's 23, not even in his prime. In a couple years he could very well be a fringe all-star in the East. Under the new cap, that at 14 mil a year is an absolute steal.

70 million for a fringe all-star. One that has the potential to be fringe. Not a good deal for the Bucks.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 06:32 AM
good signing

BuffaloBill
07-01-2015, 07:12 AM
70mil is a good deal for both sides imo.

When you consider people like Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, and Gordon Hayward wanting max contracts, 70 mil is a good deal for Middleton

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 08:48 AM
70 million for a fringe all-star. One that has the potential to be fringe. Not a good deal for the Bucks.

Are you nuts?

This guys is an awesome player and is only 23 years old.

This is going to be one of the best contracts in the league for years now with the cap increases coming.

Middleton is a great two way player and he's not even near his true peak/prime yet.

This is a huge win for the Bucks.

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Great signing for the Bucks and this is actually a very fair deal. Klay is making $17.5M/year starting this year- Middleton is a better defender and worse offensively right now. That trade off for $3M/year less is worth it. Carroll is 30 and just got $15M/year from the Raptors. People bashing this don't realize how good KM is and how he still has room to improve. He hasn't even entered his prime- he just broke out basically. Also, his shooting is basically invaluable on this Bucks team with MCW and Giannis playing huge minutes. We'll see how much Jabari has improved from the outside, too.

imnew09
07-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Wish i was taller

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Great signing for the Bucks and this is actually a very fair deal. Klay is making $17.5M/year starting this year- Middleton is a better defender and worse offensively right now. That trade off for $3M/year less is worth it. Carroll is 30 and just got $15M/year from the Raptors. People bashing this don't realize how good KM is and how he still has room to improve. He hasn't even entered his prime- he just broke out basically. Also, his shooting is basically invaluable on this Bucks team with MCW and Giannis playing huge minutes. We'll see how much Jabari has improved from the outside, too.

It's fantastic. No other way around it...

People are just stupid. You'd think fans hardcore enough to be on message boards wouldn't be, but they are.

Milbuck
07-01-2015, 01:36 PM
He's one of those players you have to watch to understand why he's so valuable. Dude is a 6'7", long, athletic defender in an elite defense. He's a sniper on a team that desperately lacks shooting. He's clutch and can make ridiculously tough shots on a team whose best shotmaker tore his ACL. And he's 23, not even in his prime. Terrific work ethic too. Honestly after Knight was traded and Khris was given more responsibility offensively, he wasn't too far off a 23 year old Klay.

T_L_P
07-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Good stuff.

Get that money, Khris

http://www.nickadamsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/white-kid-dance-club.gif

kshutts1
07-01-2015, 01:41 PM
I was WAY off base with his salary projections. :facepalm :wtf: :rolleyes: at my saying teams should sign him for 7 or 8 million per.

I seriously, seriously underestimated the market increase NOW. On one hand, I think some teams are being really stupid, because the thinking "it won't be a bad deal WHEN THE CAP INCREASES" is silly. But on the other hand... athletes won't settle for less now, so I'm not sure how realistic my "non-stupid" view is.

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 01:41 PM

People are just stupid. You'd think fans hardcore enough to be on message boards wouldn't be, but they are.True, true. I came here to geek out on NBA hoops and expected most to understand these things, but :oldlol:

I said months ago he's getting $13-14M/year and my IRL buddies laughed at me. Of course, they like the Lakers so they're more likely to not get it haha

Bucks' future is really bright going forward. Which C are they chasing now that Brook Lopez is going back to the Nets? I don't know if Tyson is realistic especially if a DJ/Tyson+Felton S&T is discussed.

Milbuck
07-01-2015, 01:52 PM
True, true. I came here to geek out on NBA hoops and expected most to understand these things, but :oldlol:

I said months ago he's getting $13-14M/year and my IRL buddies laughed at me. Of course, they like the Lakers so they're more likely to not get it haha

Bucks' future is really bright going forward. Which C are they chasing now that Brook Lopez is going back to the Nets? I don't know if Tyson is realistic especially if a DJ/Tyson+Felton S&T is discussed.
We met with Monroe last night after his meeting with NY. It's a longshot but just one of guys we're looking at. RoLo as well, more likely but still not too likely. Chandler is a real option with the Kidd connection. Some reports on interest in Koufos...he's the guy I want.

Koufos would be awesome here imo. HUGE, mobile, two-way high energy player. Not an athletic freak like DJ or a smooth scorer like Bropez but is rock solid on both ends. Statistically one of the better rim protectors out there, solid finisher around the basket as well. He and Giannis would be a nice 4-5 duo and it would be so much cheaper than the other options. Would give us space to sign more bench guys.

kshutts1
07-01-2015, 01:52 PM

People are just stupid. You'd think fans hardcore enough to be on message boards wouldn't be, but they are.
One of my best friends is a gigantic NBA fan. Knows more about current NBA than the vast majority of people on this board... but he's totally clueless about the business/money/finance aspect of the league.

Some fans/people just have their niches, while some have a more broad/thorough understanding.

kshutts1
07-01-2015, 01:54 PM
We met with Monroe last night after his meeting with NY. It's a longshot but just one of guys we're looking at. RoLo as well, more likely but still not too likely. Chandler is a real option with the Kidd connection. Some reports on interest in Koufos...he's the guy I want.

Koufos would be awesome here imo. HUGE, mobile, two-way high energy player. Not an athletic freak like DJ or a smooth scorer like Bropez but is rock solid on both ends. Statistically one of the better rim protectors out there, solid finisher around the basket as well. He and Giannis would be a nice 4-5 duo and it would be so much cheaper than the other options. Would give us space to sign more bench guys.
Koufos, and Middleton, have been two of my "underrated and cheap" signings this offseason. Having that feeling with Middleton made me look like a simpleton... let's see how Koufos pans out.

Milbuck
07-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Koufos, and Middleton, have been two of my "underrated and cheap" signings this offseason. Having that feeling with Middleton made me look like a simpleton... let's see how Koufos pans out.
Eh there were whispers about Middleton commanding near max money by personnel around the league as early as the all-star break. I'd be very surprised if Koufos hit 8 figures. I hope you're right about him lol.

FireDavidKahn
07-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Lol at people saying this contract is bad. The guy was 10th in real plus minus, 9th in war, the offense was 6 points better with him on the floor and the defense was 9 points better. Oh and opponents averaged something like 10.5 PER against him..

The guy is crazy good at impacting the team.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Lol at people saying this contract is bad. The guy was 10th in real plus minus, 9th in war, the offense was 6 points better with him on the floor and the defense was 9 points better. Oh and opponents averaged something like 10.5 PER against him..

The guy is crazy good at impacting the team.

Yea...people don't realize how good he is.

I was coming up with trade after trade (fake of course) for the Cavs to try and get him last summer.

morbius
07-01-2015, 02:27 PM
This should be a pretty good deal, Bucks are well under the cap and it will skyrocket exactly when they need to sign long term their two rising stars. The core is set, they just need to fill in the holes. Not sure MCW will be good enough for a long term PG, but one will become available sooner or later, this is a PG era. The hole at 5 will be harder to fill, but I definitely like Koufos, that Greek connection is going to rule.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 02:55 PM
This, IMO should help set the market for Tobias. Middleton is better than Harris.

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 02:58 PM

Koufos would be awesome here imo. HUGE, mobile, two-way high energy player. Not an athletic freak like DJ or a smooth scorer like Bropez but is rock solid on both ends. Statistically one of the better rim protectors out there, solid finisher around the basket as well. He and Giannis would be a nice 4-5 duo and it would be so much cheaper than the other options. Would give us space to sign more bench guys.Koufos would be a really nice option actually. I doubt he gets 8 figures (Ajinca got just over $5M) but I could see something like $7-8M or so going forward. I think he wants to start finally and he's a pretty smart player. Monroe would be nice for the post-up threat but I think Giannis & Jabari become the de facto post up threats for you guys. I'm not a big Monroe fan personally. Better the save the money like you said.

I saw Dudley opted in- would you consider trading him ever? What if Cleveland did Haywood contract for Mayo & Dudley?