PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Dragic re-signs with Heat (5yr-90m) (STEINLINE)

GIF REACTION
07-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Marc SteinVerified account
‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say Goran Dragic has a five-year, $90 million deal from the Miami Heat

The Heat have re-signed G Goran Dragic have agreed to a five-year, $90M deal with a player option for the 5th year.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/1/8810587/goran-dragic-contract-miami-heat-nba-free-agency-2015

PJR
07-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Less than the max. I'm good with this. Now lock down Wade.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Great news for Heat/Wade fans...cap is also going to be roughly 2 million higher than expected.

Should have enough room to front load Wade and still chase Durant next season.

Clifton
07-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Um... a what-now?

This is not something you get fired for... this is something you get sued for.

Unless this "salary cap jump" is much greater than I think, and in 3 years this will be every quality NBA starter's contract.

GIF REACTION
07-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Um... a what-now?

This is not something you get fired for... this is something you get sued for.

Unless this "salary cap jump" is much greater than I think, and in 3 years this will be every quality NBA starter's contract.
My bad bro

Bond007
07-01-2015, 09:53 AM
wow these contracts flowing:applause:

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 09:57 AM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

going to be very exciting with Dragon running the show, definitely looking forward for the uptempo play he's shown the late half under the Heat this past season

Beastmode88
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM
good for dragic making his paper. bye wade sad to see a lifer having to leave because of money. :(

GIF REACTION
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

going to be very exciting with Dragon running the show, definitely looking forward for the uptempo play he's shown the late half under the Heat this past season
Are you a heat fan? Do you want Wade back or would you rather fill his absence with some other quality free agents?

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Are you a heat fan? Do you want Wade back or would you rather fill his absence with some other quality free agents?

very much a Heat fan.

i would rather Wade have opted in and then sign the $10 mil per for 2yrs deal the Heat initially offered him...it paid him at the $12mil rate he's basically worth today

if he's asking for more, much more I should say, to where it hampers Whiteside and KD landing, then I'm OK with letting him walk and getting someone like Lou Williams or Monta to replace him.

mistergreens
07-01-2015, 10:03 AM

Losing Wade would cripple the Heat. Sure he gets injured and has his shortcomings, but the Heat would only have the MLE I believe (~$5MM) so in know way would the Heat be able to replace his production with that little money. Losing Wade would only lessen Mickey's tax burden, it would not give us any meaningful cap space.

aj1987
07-01-2015, 10:26 AM
:roll: @ the idiot wanting Lou to replace Wade.

18 per is not bad when the new cap kicks in. The '16 season is going to be terrible though, if we don't get Wade or another top tier SG to replace him. Hope Arison does the right thing and pays him ~$23M next season, so they can pay him ~$12M for the 2 or 3 seasons after that.

Dragic/Rio
?????/Tyler Johnson
Justise/Deng/Ennis
Bosh/McBob
Whiteside/Birdman

Only need to fire Spotard and we're set.

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 10:30 AM
:roll: @ the idiot wanting Lou to replace Wade.

18 per is not bad when the new cap kicks in. The '16 season is going to be terrible though, if we don't get Wade or another top tier SG to replace him. Hope Arison does the right thing and pays him ~$23M next season, so they can pay him ~$12M for the 2 or 3 seasons after that.

Dragic/Rio
?????/Tyler Johnson
Justise/Deng/Ennis
Bosh/McBob
Whiteside/Birdman

Only need to fire Spotard and we're set.

there's a difference in wanting to replace and settling for a replacement...hard to understand to the likes of you, we know :rolleyes:

LikeABosh
07-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Well under the max, great news. Can't wait to see how Bosh and him play together :banana:

Hey Yo
07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Less than the max. I'm good with this. Now lock down Wade.
Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 1 minute ago
Heat would appear to have no realistic way to bring back Wade and duck tax. Look for them to work hard to dump mid-sized contracts.

aj1987
07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
there's a difference in wanting to replace and settling for a replacement...hard to understand to the likes of you, we know :rolleyes:
You do know that the Heat don't have to "settle", right? Probably too complicated a concept for the likes of you, Riley/LeBron nut rider. :rolleyes:

ShackEelOKneel
07-01-2015, 10:35 AM
That is what Kawhi gets :oldlol:

aj1987
07-01-2015, 10:38 AM
That is what Kawhi gets :oldlol:
Yep. The Spurs have one of the GOAT FO's though. Should've given him $48M/3yrs, IMO. If he doesn't sign, tank next season. Get another top 10 draft pick and head into FA with Bosh/Whiteside/Justise as the core.

Smoke117
07-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Great news for Heat/Wade fans...cap is also going to be roughly 2 million higher than expected.

Should have enough room to front load Wade and still chase Durant next season.

Meh...I like Dragic, but he isn't even worth this much. It's funny how everyone says how Wade is slowing down, but watching the Heat with Dragic I couldn't help thinking how much more athletic Wade NOW was than Dragic. Obviously athleticism isn't everything, but it's telling. Dragic isn't some young buck either...he's already 29. That made me laugh that the 5th year was a player option because Dragic at 34 is really going to leave all that money on the table at that point in his career. Wade wants 3 more years and he'll be better than Dragic in those 3 years, but the Heat want to continue to treat him like an asshole and not respect him and pay him his due? He's taken a pay cut for 5 seasons now...synonymous with the Miami Heat franchise yet never been their highest paid player...wtf? :biggums: I'd be upset too if I was Wade.

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 1 minute ago
Heat would appear to have no realistic way to bring back Wade and duck tax. Look for them to work hard to dump mid-sized contracts.

they're looking to move Bird and Rio's contracts...was even talking about dumping the #10 pick and McBob the night of the draft. luckily they didn't or we lose out on Justise

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 10:48 AM
You do know that the Heat don't have to "settle", right? Probably too complicated a concept for the likes of you, Riley/LeBron nut rider. :rolleyes:

well they do if they want to chase KD next season and re-up Whiteside...so it is more complicated than just gifting Wade his dues, as you would like.

aj1987
07-01-2015, 10:49 AM
well they do if they want to chase KD next season and re-up Whiteside...so it is more complicated than just gifting Wade his dues, as you would like.
I'm done trying to explain stuff to you. Have a good day, kid. :cheers:

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm done trying to explain stuff to you. Have a good day, kid. :cheers:

your idea of explaining have been lies after lies, oh wait...mistaken info, as you like to call it. :rolleyes:

thanks and good day, sir! :cheers:

aj1987
07-01-2015, 11:01 AM
your idea of explaining have been lies after lies, oh wait...mistaken info, as you like to call it. :rolleyes:

thanks and good day, sir! :cheers:
PM me your address. I ship an "English for Dummies" or "English for Kindergartners" to your place. Since you can't seem to grasp basic English and have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old. Oh, and "Math for Dummies" as well.

bobopenguin
07-01-2015, 11:05 AM
wow... 5yrs 90mil.. so it's 18mil a year?
he worth that much????

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 11:08 AM
PM me your address. I ship an "English for Dummies" to your place.

so first you're done trying to explain things...then want my address to provide me something that further explains things? :rolleyes: just another one of your lies...wait, "being mistaken" as you say :D

hahahaha...then you edit and explain yourself even more. such a loser

PJR
07-01-2015, 11:09 AM
He's a top 10 point guard, who was all NBA third team and the most improved player in the league when he was featured, and given a high usage. Yes he's worth it.

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 11:11 AM
He's a top 10 point guard, who was all NBA third team and the most improved player in the league when he was featured, and given a high usage. Yes he's worth it.

yup...he was getting more on the open market anyways, surely a team would have given him the max, but the Heat got him discounted.

Rile's gets another one to bite for the betterment of the team :applause:

wish they did this with Bosh...Houston offered like $80m/4yrs, Riley should have just said we'll match at $100/5yrs. not gift him an extra $20m :facepalm then the Wade predicament is non-existent

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Meh...I like Dragic, but he isn't even worth this much. It's funny how everyone says how Wade is slowing down, but watching the Heat with Dragic I couldn't help thinking how much more athletic Wade NOW was than Dragic. Obviously athleticism isn't everything, but it's telling. Dragic isn't some young buck either...he's already 29. That made me laugh that the 5th year was a player option because Dragic at 34 is really going to leave all that money on the table at that point in his career. Wade wants 3 more years and he'll be better than Dragic in those 3 years, but the Heat want to continue to treat him like an asshole and not respect him and pay him his due? He's taken a pay cut for 5 seasons now...synonymous with the Miami Heat franchise yet never been their highest paid player...wtf? :biggums: I'd be upset too if I was Wade.

Dragic is definitely worth that much with where the cap is going over the duration of his contract.

At this current cap, it's borderline...I'd probably say he's nor worth it under normal circumstances.

These aren't normal circumstances though...at all. Given the increases coming...he's absolutely worth that. And with Bosh locked in...you really have no other way to improve the team.

You had to pay Dragic...and him taking less than his full max combined with the extra 2 million in the cap increase this year really help the Heat potentially make this all work.

Droid101
07-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Hassan Whiteside
@youngwhiteside

Congrats @Goran_Dragic on new deal welcome back to the family and let me borrow 5 dollars �� lol

He's making less than a mill... no wonder he needs some cash!

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Hassan Whiteside
@youngwhiteside

Congrats @Goran_Dragic on new deal welcome back to the family and let me borrow 5 dollars �� lol

He's making less than a mill... no wonder he needs some cash!

lol...he's in a for a big payday next year though.

DaSeba5
07-01-2015, 12:51 PM
:banana:

aj1987
07-01-2015, 04:33 PM
so first you're done trying to explain things...then want my address to provide me something that further explains things? :rolleyes: just another one of your lies...wait, "being mistaken" as you say :D

hahahaha...then you edit and explain yourself even more. such a loser
Yep. Whatever makes you happy, dude. You call me a loser, but you have an account dedicated to 2 things. Hating on Wade and sucking LeBron's and Riley's dick.

Good for you, boss! :cheers: