PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic offer Paul Millsap 4yrs $80mil

Take Your Lumps
07-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Sauces, say.

@Chris_Broussard
Sources: @Paulmillsap4 met w/ Orlando last night, was offered Mac 4yr, $80 million deal. Millsap will decide btwn ATL & Orl.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/616241856544948224

I bet this ends up being a S&T for Tobias if it goes down.

GIF REACTION
07-01-2015, 09:56 AM
How doe the Sauce-man himself Chris Broussard still have a job? This dude is renowned for being the shittest in the game.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM
**Insert Kevin Garnett reaction here**

20 million dollars for a guy who will give you 17/8.

GIF REACTION
07-01-2015, 09:59 AM
**Insert Kevin Garnett reaction here**

20 million dollars for a guy who will give you 17/8.
What's that going to look like under the new salary cap? Is it reasonable for a player of his quality?

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-01-2015, 10:02 AM
What's that going to look like under the new salary cap? Is it reasonable for a player of his quality?

The cap increase doesn't kick in until 2016-2017. And that means Paul Millsap will be one year older. 20 mil for that production is a lot. By the time the salary cap kicks in, he will be 32. I'm not sure his game is built for longevity at that price.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 10:03 AM
This seems odd. Magic don't need to rush this process.

Just bring back Harris and build naturally. Not sure the Millsap signing would do much for them at all.

Seems like a waste.

Take Your Lumps
07-01-2015, 10:04 AM
The cap is going up like 40% in the next two years...so really a deal like this would be closer to $12mil/yr.

Sauce: https://youtu.be/eCmORjuF3bo?t=176

fiddy
07-01-2015, 10:04 AM
This seems odd. Magic don't need to rush this process.

Just bring back Harris and build naturally. Not sure the Millsap signing would do much for them at all.

Seems like a waste.
TB is a goner IMO

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-01-2015, 10:05 AM

Harris wants a max contract and he played under Skiles in Milwaukee who he hated. Rocky relationship may be a problem in negotiations.

Take Your Lumps
07-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Hawks also offer Millsap the MAX
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13179917/paul-millsap-mulling-max-deals-atlanta-hawks-orlando-magic

If you're going to overpay a bit for 1st/2nd tier talent -- this is the year to do it.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Harris wants a max contract and he played under Skiles in Milwaukee who he hated. Rocky relationship may be a problem in negotiations.
nope. that has nothing do with harris.

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Damn Magic not ****ing around, offered him at 12:01 apparently.

Was hoping we could bring him back for less than the max but apparently that was a pipe dream. I want to believe he'd choose us over the Magic now.

atljonesbro
07-01-2015, 10:24 AM
The Hawks offered the same thing. I think I'm gonna puke.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Depends if he wants to be with a contender or be with an up and coming young team. Does he want to be the "vet" that everyone relies on.. or does he want to be just "one of the vets".....

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-01-2015, 10:26 AM

It is a lot of money for a guy who in a year or two will be averaging around 12/7.

atljonesbro
07-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Depends if he wants to be with a contender or be with an up and coming young team. Does he want to be the "vet" that everyone relies on.. or does he want to be just "one of the vets".....
Good god please choose Orlando

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 10:28 AM
;)
Henni ain't f*cking around this year

DCL
07-01-2015, 10:32 AM
he's 30 years old

atljonesbro
07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
I don't want another Joe Johnson fiasco in Atlanta. For the love of god please go to Orlando

Smoke117
07-01-2015, 10:35 AM
http://theroyalhalf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ktQzR.gif

Why would any team offer this guy 20 million a year?...and the Magic...wtf? I don't understand why they would be interested in a 30 year old Paul Milsap when they are rebuilding.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
I don't want another Joe Johnson fiasco in Atlanta. For the love of god please go to Orlando
20m is equivalent to like 12m in years 3/4 of his contract... so not really comparable.

atljonesbro
07-01-2015, 10:37 AM
20m is equivalent to like 12m in years 3/4 of his contract... so not really comparable.
I'm rooting for your magic to get millsap, I really am. Good luck.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 10:41 AM
ugh this makes the frye signing stick out though. 8m we could have spent elsewhere...

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2015, 10:41 AM
I feel like Hennigan did this just to **** us

HylianNightmare
07-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Then trade Harris and dipo

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 10:46 AM
I feel like Hennigan did this just to **** us
:lol

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Then trade Harris and dipo
:biggums:
resign harris and add a backup PG (though idk how we'll get the money to do that!)

Take Your Lumps
07-01-2015, 11:21 AM
ugh this makes the frye signing stick out though. 8m we could have spent elsewhere...

I think Frye still has good trade value in the right situation.

Houston, for example, would be a great fit.

IF Orlando can sign Millsap AND keep Harris, that's a very deep and talented team all of a sudden with Hezonja coming in.

I do like that Hennigan is trying to get those young guys into the playoffs as soon as possible. They need that experience.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 11:22 AM

Teams will line up for Frye.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 11:26 AM

IF Orlando can sign Millsap AND keep Harris, that's a very deep and talented team all of a sudden with Hezonja coming in.

I do like that Hennigan is trying to get those young guys into the playoffs as soon as possible. They need that experience.
it has to be a very specific situation. it isn't happening this offseason for instance.

Take Your Lumps
07-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Teams will line up for Frye.

Yep - people complain about that signing but honestly, I think the Magic did the right thing tying him up long term. At only $8mil, with the new cap situation that's a very attractive contract for the right team shoring up their bench for the playoffs.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Yep - people complain about that signing but honestly, I think the Magic did the right thing tying him up long term. At only $8mil, with the new cap situation that's a very attractive contract for the right team shoring up their bench for the playoffs.

Yep. Said that last year.

I don't like this Millsap stuff at this point, but I need to see what they are going for.

I generally don't like stuff like that on teams like the Magic...just seems forced and Millsap is good and all, but not elite. He's also gonna be 30.

I'd like this a lot more if he was 26.

We'll see though.

atljonesbro
07-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Tobias Harris may be a part of a sign and trade with sap going to orlando

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Tobias Harris may be a part of a sign and trade with sap going to orlando
could happen but doubt it

Droid101
07-01-2015, 12:03 PM
I don't get the hate.

Rebuilds should only take so long. Once you have a collection of assets, you get a proven vet and make a run. Look to trade assets to poorly performing teams mid-season to get a star who a team is looking to dump for cheap.

Especially in the East... this is definitely a playoff team now. 6-8 at worst. Higher if everyone meshes.

HurricaneKid
07-01-2015, 12:10 PM
LOL @ ORL. Signed a stretch 4 for 32M last year. Drafted a 4 with a top 4 pick last year. Player on the team with the best upside is a 4.

1 minute into FA and they offer 80M to an older 4.

Seems awfully early to give up on Gordon, Harris, Frye. And as a Bucks fan I promise you Skiles/Harris is a bad idea. I was pretty shocked when he was named HC for just that reason. It meant Harris was gone.

DMAVS41
07-01-2015, 12:12 PM
I don't get the hate.

Rebuilds should only take so long. Once you have a collection of assets, you get a proven vet and make a run. Look to trade assets to poorly performing teams mid-season to get a star who a team is looking to dump for cheap.

Especially in the East... this is definitely a playoff team now. 6-8 at worst. Higher if everyone meshes.

I think the hate is that we don't think Millsap is the guy you look to make a run with.

longtime lurker
07-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Don't go to Orlando Milsap! You're committing career suicide. Better off staying with the Hawks

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 12:26 PM
I don't get the hate.

this

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 12:28 PM
LOL @ ORL. Signed a stretch 4 for 32M last year. Drafted a 4 with a top 4 pick last year. Player on the team with the best upside is a 4.

1 minute into FA and they offer 80M to an older 4.

Seems awfully early to give up on Gordon, Harris, Frye. And as a Bucks fan I promise you Skiles/Harris is a bad idea. I was pretty shocked when he was named HC for just that reason. It meant Harris was gone.
1. gordon isn't a 4 and even if he was it doesn't matter. orlando took BPA
2. best upside player is probably oladipo or mario
3. harris is a 3 that can play 4, not reversed
4. skiles/harris relationship is overstated.
keep up or you look like a ****ing retard

HurricaneKid
07-01-2015, 12:42 PM
1. gordon isn't a 4 and even if he was it doesn't matter. orlando took BPA
2. best upside player is probably oladipo or mario
3. harris is a 3 that can play 4, not reversed
4. skiles/harris relationship is overstated.
keep up or you look like a ****ing retard

1. If he isn't a 4 he might as well be out of the league because he shot 19/71 from >10 ft. If he isn't a 4 there is no way he was BPA.
2. We've never seen Mario in the league. Thats jumping the gun. And Dipo is 2 mos younger than Harris. Might be Dipo. But Harris has had a higher PER the last three years than Dipo has ever had. And again, they are the same age.
3. No. Its. Not. I watched it blow up first hand. I promise you Harris wants to leave and I promise Skiles wants him to leave.

Its admirable that a 12 year old has some passion about the game. But your knowledge and understanding of the game is not at the level where you should be calling other people retards.

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2015, 12:47 PM
What is the deal with Harris? How is a 22 year old putting up 17/6 and shooting well from outside getting so little attention?

Why would his own team favor a 30 year old who puts up equivalent stats over a 22 year old on the upswing of his career?

Headcase? Is he that bad of a defender?

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 12:50 PM
1. If he isn't a 4 he might as well be out of the league because he shot 19/71 from >10 ft. If he isn't a 4 there is no way he was BPA.
2. We've never seen Mario in the league. Thats jumping the gun. And Dipo is 2 mos younger than Harris. Might be Dipo. But Harris has had a higher PER the last three years than Dipo has ever had. And again, they are the same age.
3. No. Its. Not. I watched it blow up first hand. I promise you Harris wants to leave and I promise Skiles wants him to leave.

Its admirable that a 12 year old has some passion about the game. But your knowledge and understanding of the game is not at the level where you should be calling other people retards.
1. He's 19 years old. His shot needs work most definitely, but it was actually better than I expected. Who should we have drafted that wwas supposedly so much better? Exum? Sucked. Randle? Broke his leg. Vonleh? Sucked.
2. Upside is about POTENTIAL. If you asked me who the best player on this team was right now I'd say Vucevic.
3. Skiles and Harris have kept in touch, and sources inside say the Skiles-Harris dynamic is nothing and if he wants to leave that has little to do with it. "I watched the Bucks" doesn't mean jack shit so shut the **** up.
Stop saying shit when you have no idea what in the everloving **** you are talking about.

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 12:51 PM
What is the deal with Harris? How is a 22 year old putting up 17/6 and shooting well from outside getting so little attention?

Why would his own team favor a 30 year old who puts up equivalent stats over a 22 year old on the upswing of his career?

They aren't. They can sign Millsap and sign Harris. Millsap has nothing to do with Harris right now.

longtime lurker
07-01-2015, 12:52 PM

Because GM's are stupid. I think he's a player that the Lakers should target with a full max offer. And if Orland signs Milsap, it just makes it less likely that they'll match Harris.

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2015, 12:53 PM
They aren't. They can sign Millsap and sign Harris. Millsap has nothing to do with Harris right now.

Is Harris not a little redundant if they bring in Millsap though? You're going to give big money to two PF's while trying to develop a third?

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Is Harris not a little redundant if they bring in Millsap though? You're going to give big money to two PF's while trying to develop a third?
Harris is a SF. He plays the majority of his minutes there too

Jameerthefear
07-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Because GM's are stupid. I think he's a player that the Lakers should target with a full max offer. And if Orland signs Milsap, it just makes it less likely that they'll match Harris.
No. It. Doesn't.
They WILL match Harris at any cost.

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 01:17 PM
My take:

Harris is too slow-footed to be a good perimeter defender as a SF. He's not strong enough to guard PFs full-time. Gordon being picked last year was sort of a "fit" pick, even if Henni thought he was BPA (I didn't) because he should be able to match up defensively against the better forward. Tobias kills PFs with his speed offensively and is too big for most SFs to guard him in the post. True tweener. Also, his outside shot isn't super wet yet or anything. He will be a great weapon if he can knock down 3s. Same for AG I suppose.

Magic are smart to get a guy who commands a max-type salary now, sure, but him playing 30mpg will take PT away from Gordon and potentially Harris. They can/should make the playoffs and maybe develop Gordon was a supersub, but that seems like not giving AG enough time to develop.

Henni is trying to get as much outside shooting from the frontcourt on this team as possible with Elfrid and Dipo needing driving lanes, so it makes sense. They can trade Frye this offseason if they'd like- I guess it depends how much they value O'Quinn/Nicholson/Redmon going forward.

Not a bad get at all for ORL if he chooses them over ATL, but he's so much older than their core guys that I guess he'll transition to the bench by the end of this contract.

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 01:17 PM
1. He's 19 years old. His shot needs work most definitely, but it was actually better than I expected. Who should we have drafted that wwas supposedly so much better? Exum? Sucked. Randle? Broke his leg. Vonleh? Sucked.
2. Upside is about POTENTIAL. If you asked me who the best player on this team was right now I'd say Vucevic.
3. Skiles and Harris have kept in touch, and sources inside say the Skiles-Harris dynamic is nothing and if he wants to leave that has little to do with it. "I watched the Bucks" doesn't mean jack shit so shut the **** up.
Stop saying shit when you have no idea what in the everloving **** you are talking about.

He shoots less than 1 shot from >10 ft per game. Usually meaning he is wide open when he takes it. And he shot 28%. ON THE SEASON. If that is better than you expected you need to demand more from professional basketball players.

Yes, it is. Yes, you are probably right. But age has everything to do with potential. The point was that Harris and Dipo are the same age even though Harris has been in the league longer. And since he has been better and has the same amount of time to get better he very well might become better.

Inside sources is the team leaking out that they two love one another even though the two were at each others throats so much after Harris went from starter to playing 5 min a game and then ultimately shipped out for a half a season of JJ Redick. Maybe Harris has grown in the last two year but he played the Bucks later that season and put up 30/19/5 and hit a game tying 3 with sec left in regulation and played that game ready to die to beat the team and the coach that gave up on him and gave him away. The two did not get along before the trade. Period. And I watched that. Thats why it IS relevant.

Its like Nance and Portis trying to walk back their tweets. You can't change history.

Jameerthefear
07-04-2015, 02:53 AM
He shoots less than 1 shot from >10 ft per game. Usually meaning he is wide open when he takes it. And he shot 28%. ON THE SEASON. If that is better than you expected you need to demand more from professional basketball players.

Yes, it is. Yes, you are probably right. But age has everything to do with potential. The point was that Harris and Dipo are the same age even though Harris has been in the league longer. And since he has been better and has the same amount of time to get better he very well might become better.

Inside sources is the team leaking out that they two love one another even though the two were at each others throats so much after Harris went from starter to playing 5 min a game and then ultimately shipped out for a half a season of JJ Redick. Maybe Harris has grown in the last two year but he played the Bucks later that season and put up 30/19/5 and hit a game tying 3 with sec left in regulation and played that game ready to die to beat the team and the coach that gave up on him and gave him away. The two did not get along before the trade. Period. And I watched that. Thats why it IS relevant.

Its like Nance and Portis trying to walk back their tweets. You can't change history.

“First off, me and Scott have a great relationship,” Harris said. “What people don’t understand is that when he first coached me, I was 18 years old. And from 18 to being about to turn 23 now, I’m a completely different player. Even in Milwaukee, where I didn’t play as much, we still had a great dialogue. He just wanted me to work harder. He just said, ‘Your time is coming.’ So he was always encouraging for me.

“Today, we communicated. He wants me to be a leader. He wants me to lead. He’s a fantastic coach. I think he’s the perfect coach for our team. Actually, I know he’s the perfect coach for our team. And he’s a coach I want to play for. He’s a fiery guy. He gets after you. He has that passion to win, that fire to win. Me and him, we have no problems. That passion, that’s the passion that I play with, so that’s what I love in a coach.”
What Harris actually ****ing said >>> your opinion.
now f*ck off

SwishSquared
07-04-2015, 02:57 AM
What Harris actually ****ing said >>> your opinion.
now f*ck offAre the Magic going to start Gordon this year or try Frye once more?

Jameerthefear
07-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Are the Magic going to start Gordon this year or try Frye once more?
it really depends. i can't tell you tbh

SwishSquared
07-04-2015, 03:05 AM
it really depends. i can't tell you tbhAh ok, thanks man. Hopefully he's healthy all year so we can see what he can do.