PDA

View Full Version : Demarre Carroll signs with the RAPTORS lol career-suicide

doinitbig06
07-01-2015, 12:16 PM
no offense Raptors fans but thank you for paying DeMarre what he deserved, now he can go back to being an AVERAGE forward but now for an AVERAGE team y'all got a really good ROLE PLAYER for a star price congrats :roll:

Fudge
07-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Meltdown.

Derka
07-01-2015, 12:21 PM
$15 million a year isn't star money anymore, broski.

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 12:29 PM
$15 million a year isn't star money anymore, broski.

this. he's being paid accordingly. Derozan is liekly gone though so the Raptors are basically the same with the addition and subtraction of DeRoz

Done_And_Done
07-01-2015, 12:56 PM
You sound more bitter than mineral water homie.

BigNBAfan
07-01-2015, 12:57 PM
If a player plays for Toronto, do they get their income taxed in the US and Canada?

NugzFan
07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
I knew farieds deal would be cheap. Didn't think it would happen so soon

yeaaaman
07-01-2015, 01:04 PM
If a player plays for Toronto, do they get their income taxed in the US and Canada?

They get taxed in Canada but also there is some sort of foreign-worker tax system where the States will still tax you on money you have made in another country, where I'm pretty sure in reverse that's not the case. For example, Andrew Wiggins pays only 1 tax, and that's in the US where he is working, Carroll apparently has to pay both.

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2015, 01:06 PM
You sound more bitter than mineral water homie.

:roll:

D&D did it again

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 01:07 PM
They get taxed in Canada but also there is some sort of foreign-worker tax system where the States will still tax you on money you have made in another country, where I'm pretty sure in reverse that's not the case. For example, Andrew Wiggins pays only 1 tax, and that's in the US where he is working, Carroll apparently has to pay both.

really...i would think they are only taxed for where they work/live. like for me with clients, we tax their employees based on the residence....so if they worked in NY, but lived in NJ, they are subjected to the NJ tax laws.

such a downer if what you're saying is true

HurricaneKid
07-01-2015, 01:16 PM
The most he has ever earned in any year is 2.5M. He signs a 60M guaranty and you think its career suicide? The guy just made sure his family would never have to worry about money again by signing this.

Some of you need to get a grip.

yeaaaman
07-01-2015, 01:55 PM
really...i would think they are only taxed for where they work/live. like for me with clients, we tax their employees based on the residence....so if they worked in NY, but lived in NJ, they are subjected to the NJ tax laws.

such a downer if what you're saying is true

I heard it on local radio I think or maybe a Jalen Rose podcast, assuming he would know having played for the Raptors. As for your work that would make sense state-to-state but country-to-country would probably have different rules.

https://americansabroad.org/issues/taxation/us-taxes-while-living-abroad-faq/

I am an American living and working abroad. Do I need to file a US tax return?

Regardless of where you live now, being a United States citizen requires that you file a yearly tax return with the IRS. Green card holders and all US citizens are required to file a US return, no matter where they live, as long as their income (earned in the US and abroad) is just over $9,000.

There's more details there obviously, I may have it slightly wrong but that's what I understand it to be.

Rooster
07-01-2015, 02:03 PM
The most he has ever earned in any year is 2.5M. He signs a 60M guaranty and you think its career suicide? The guy just made sure his family would never have to worry about money again by signing this.

Some of you need to get a grip.

This.

What kind of career suicide is from making 2.5 to 15 mil per year.:facepalm

He got like 500% increase from being a role player to another team role player.:applause: