PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lakers going to sign anybody?

Alamо
07-01-2015, 02:59 PM
It's funny how LMA, Love, Butler, and DJ were all dying to sign with the Lakers a couple of days ago (according to ISH posters). What moves are they going to make now?

How the mighty have fallen.

Riley Martin
07-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Free agency is almost over. They better hurry up.

CeltsGarlic
07-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Stay sleeping. Dloading alone can take LAL to WCF.

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2015, 03:02 PM
This Team has IT! Whatever it is Al, this Team has it..

warriorfan
07-01-2015, 03:04 PM
It's funny how LMA, Love, Butler, and DJ were all dying to sign with the Lakers a couple of days ago (according to ISH posters). What moves are they going to make now?

I don't know if LA even wanted those guys, if they really did then they dodged a bullet. All of those guys have warning flags next to their name and they want huge money to boot...Those two do not go well with each other.

Fudge
07-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Nobody gon say it?

I will.

Nobody wants to play with Kobe Bryant. It's really that simple.

Just the very thought of their irrelevance for the past 4 or so years is making my d!ck hard.

nba_55
07-01-2015, 03:06 PM
They need to get rid of Kobe, nobody wants to ruin their career with that old chucker.

oh the horror
07-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Nobody gon say it?

I will.

Just the very thought of their irrelevance for the past 4 or so years is making my d!ck hard.

I don't think it's so much of Kobe as it's more this version of Kobe on this contract gobbling up this much cap space.

24-Inch_Chrome
07-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Duncan > Kobe, San Antonio > LA. Hold this W.

StephHamann
07-01-2015, 03:07 PM
LA to the Lakers confirmed

http://media.giphy.com/media/QAgWTCgo9uKI0/giphy.gif

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2015, 03:08 PM
Nobody gon say it?

I will.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5F7pOyzWhpA/VEU1E-Rc70I/AAAAAAAAYcs/qCG8th-49mA/s1600/kobe%252Bbryany%252Bdont%252Bpass%252Blakers%252Bf unny%252Bmeme%252B2014.jpg

brownmamba00
07-01-2015, 03:12 PM
lmao these ****** holdin a parade already

we ain't even worried tho

ImKobe
07-01-2015, 03:14 PM
lol it's day 1 of FA

Ok, so Kevin Love reupped with the Cavs, that was expected and Lakers dodged a bullet

no official word on LA, DJ, Tyson Chandler

Our biggest need currently is a Center that can protect the rim, 2nd we need a defensive wing to replace Wes Johnson.

There are plenty of FAs out there that can fill the team's needs, they shouldn't go out there to throw a max at a name just to say they got somebody.... If we get Aldridge, cool, but that isn't enough to go deep in the Playoffs. Kobe's health and the play of the young core will be the deciding factors.

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2015, 03:19 PM
lol it's day 1 of FA

Ok, so Kevin Love reupped with the Cavs, that was expected and Lakers dodged a bullet

no official word on LA, DJ, Tyson Chandler

Our biggest need currently is a Center that can protect the rim, 2nd we need a defensive wing to replace Wes Johnson.

There are plenty of FAs out there that can fill the team's needs, they shouldn't go out there to throw a max at a name just to say they got somebody.... If we get Aldridge, cool, but that isn't enough to go deep in the Playoffs. Kobe's health and the play of the young core will be the deciding factors.

anddddddddddddddddddddd he's gone

Fudge
:roll:

Chandler = gone.

Telling you idiots. NOBODY wants to play with Kobe.

imnew09
Honestly dont need anyone this season. Let the rookies develop

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2015, 03:20 PM

Chandler = gone.

Telling you idiots. NOBODY wants to play with Kobe.

ImKobe like 'no official word on Tyson yet' minute later news come out he closed the deal with Suns

ImKobe
07-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Nobody gon say it?

I will.

they have been irrelevant for only 2 seasons..

You really think Kobe is the issue here? The issue is that the team is in a rebuilding stage and the young core will most likely take a few years to grow together...West is tough and players want to compete for championships, OKC ain't sniffed a title since Game 1 2012 and missed the Playoffs as well this year, it's not like y'all have done shit for you to act all cocky towards franchises that have won titles.

and lol @ you jumping on Bran's small weiner while your pathetic team missed the Playoffs.

Shade8780
07-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Negged

ImKobe
07-01-2015, 03:25 PM
ImKobe like 'no official word on Tyson yet' minute later news come out he closed the deal with Suns

:confusedshrug: oh well

it's not like your Mavs are in a better position :oldlol: with you losing a player that had the most impact on your team this last season.

r15mohd
07-01-2015, 03:26 PM
they have been irrelevant for only 2 seasons..

You really think Kobe is the issue here? The issue is that the team is in a rebuilding stage and the young core will most likely take a few years to grow together...West is tough and players want to compete for championships, OKC ain't sniffed a title since Game 1 2012 and missed the Playoffs as well this year, it's not like y'all have done shit for you to act all cocky towards franchises that have won titles.

and lol @ you jumping on Bran's small weiner while your pathetic team missed the Playoffs.

it is far and wide apart of the issue...he's eating up a lot of cap space to even have big names consider playing with them as they have little room left to field a competitive team.

dont overlook the obvious

Mr. Jabbar
07-01-2015, 03:28 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5F7pOyzWhpA/VEU1E-Rc70I/AAAAAAAAYcs/qCG8th-49mA/s1600/kobe%252Bbryany%252Bdont%252Bpass%252Blakers%252Bf unny%252Bmeme%252B2014.jpg

:roll: :roll:

Nash
07-01-2015, 03:28 PM
how the hell do players go to canada, suns and cleveland but not the ****in' LAKERS in the sunny city of Los Angeles?

triangleoffense
07-01-2015, 03:29 PM
lmao these ****** holdin a parade already

we ain't even worried tho
lolol

ArbitraryWater

it's not like your Mavs are in a better position :oldlol: with you losing a player that had the most impact on your team this last season.

lol he didn't.. Tyson isn't getting any younger or better.. Monta kills em, but if anyone gets a bottom Playoff spot, it will be the Mavs not LAL (not sure it would be of use right now, though)

TheMarkMadsen

it's not like your Mavs/Heat/Cavs/2inches are in a better position :oldlol: with you losing a player that had the most impact on your team this last season.

fixed that

dazzer87
07-01-2015, 03:31 PM

Kobe at the meeting: "I eat first"

ImKobe
07-01-2015, 03:32 PM
lol he didn't.. Tyson isn't getting any younger or better.. Monta kills em, but if anyone gets a bottom Playoff spot, it will be the Mavs not LAL (not sure it would be of use right now, though)

lol he was

Monta was beasting early in the season but fell off the map, Dirk washed up, Rondo washed up

TC by the numbers produced the most :applause: and now he's gone :lol

and now we hear that Monta wants to go to the Pacers

hold this L

dubeta
07-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Nobody wants to play with Kobe :lol

Even Larry Nance (a rookie) knew the truth about him.

Fudge
07-01-2015, 03:34 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:kobe:

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2015, 03:35 PM
lol he was

Monta was beasting early in the season but fell off the map, Dirk washed up, Rondo washed up

TC by the numbers produced the most :applause: and now he's gone :lol

and now we hear that Monta wants to go to the Pacers

hold this L

Mavs actually gonna get a replacement though.. DeAndre looking very likely to sign, and nothing is lost on Monta yet.. suddenly thats another good, entertaining Team again... not title bound but a good Team.. rather do that than go through the lottery (its a process teams have to go through at some Point)

ImKobe
07-01-2015, 03:35 PM
how the hell do players go to canada, suns and cleveland but not the ****in' LAKERS in the sunny city of Los Angeles?

Because Lakers don't want everybody...lol at those cities overpaying the likes of Demarre Carroll just so they can stay medicore, they are happy just to be in the Playoff race every year with no hopes of winning a title..

Lakers want big names, superstars. Sadly, none have been available as of late or the guys are already in winning situations.

I'm glad Melo and Kevin Love didn't sign here.

ImKobe
07-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Mavs actually gonna get a replacement though.. DeAndre looking very likely to sign, and nothing is lost on Monta yet.. suddenly thats another good, entertaining Team again... not title bound but a good Team.. rather do that than go through the lottery (its a process teams have to go through at some Point)

DeAndre as your best\2nd best player is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

BlazerRed
07-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Weird how no one wants to go there any more. Is it the FO? This team could turn it around pretty quickly if they were able to sign those stars they've been after.

Bernkastel
07-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Players want to be able to drink water without having to ration it.

Yoda
07-01-2015, 03:45 PM

Delusional, entitled. Lakers fans I sense.

PejaNowitzki
07-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Free agency is almost over. They better hurry up.

NBA free agents over the past few years have been using the Lakers the way NFL owners have been using L.A. when it comes to getting a new stadium. Its all about the leverage.

PejaNowitzki
07-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Weird how no one wants to go there any more. Is it the FO? This team could turn it around pretty quickly if they were able to sign those stars they've been after.

I think Kobe is just too much of an oveebearing, domineering presence, when he finally retires, I think you'll see the Lakers become a legit, major FA draw once more.

MEB2kDeez
07-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Kobe at the meeting: "I eat first"
:oldlol: :oldlol:

dubeta
07-01-2015, 03:54 PM
OldBe finna have a heart attack

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ghbKqYdEFlo/hqdefault.jpg

So lonely :lol

sfballa13
07-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Lakers are laughing all the way to the bank

This year every game will be a sell out because it could Kobe's last season

Their pick that the Sixers own is top 3 protected in 2016 AND 2017.

So they tank this year and the league rigs Ben Simmons to the Lakers

Then they sign Durant and a C, bring back Kobe dope team for the next 5-6 years

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe/Simmons
Durant
Randle
Free Agent

ihatetimthomas
07-01-2015, 04:10 PM
What appears to be the problem is the same problem as last season. They are going for the most elite and coveted free agents. And while doing so, they are missing out on the tier below free agent class. The class below the elite free agents are getting targeted first by other teams and getting snagged up. Lakers still making the mistake in using all their time and resources courted the most coveted.

imnew09
07-01-2015, 04:14 PM

Which "Stars" are you referring to? Lol Melo? Look at knicks. Aldridge? Lol doesnt fit well with Lakers if we want to develop Randle. K Love? LOL big who cant defend, look at MINNY.

We need Goatbrook , KD , those are true stars

Magic 32
07-01-2015, 04:22 PM
If insidehoops existed in 1989, would trolls say the same thing about Kareem in his 20th season?

Nodoby wants to play with a guy in his 20th season? Shocking!

This is pathetic trolling.

Hey Yo
07-01-2015, 04:59 PM

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe/Simmons
Durant
Randle
Free Agent
:facepalm

STATUTORY
07-01-2015, 05:02 PM
weak mentality from today's players, everyone wants to go to a place readymade for a championship

HOoopCityJones
07-01-2015, 05:06 PM
We wont attract anyone til Kobe retires. It's that simple.

Levity
07-01-2015, 05:09 PM
What appears to be the problem is the same problem as last season. They are going for the most elite and coveted free agents. And while doing so, they are missing out on the tier below free agent class. The class below the elite free agents are getting targeted first by other teams and getting snagged up. Lakers still making the mistake in using all their time and resources courted the most coveted.

this. and ignorant laker fans will shrug off this offseason saying next year will be sooo much better. but we'll be in the same predicament, even with a huge CAP in our lap. talent brings in talent. Cap space and a dleague roster doesnt.

SpecialQue
07-01-2015, 05:10 PM
We wont attract anyone til Kobe retires. It's that simple.

As much as I want some good players to sign with them I'd rather see the rookies develop this season. Also, for god's sake they need to keep Kobe out of these meetings.

HOoopCityJones
07-01-2015, 05:12 PM
As much as I want some good players to sign with them I'd rather see the rookies develop this season. Also, for god's sake they need to keep Kobe out of these meetings.

"You can be my Pau" :roll:

Poor soul, just like the organization in general, Kobe thinks it's still 2007.

I can't believe we spent two hours talking to Aldridge about off court opportunities. :facepalm

STATUTORY
07-01-2015, 05:15 PM
"You can be my Pau" :roll:

Poor soul, just like the organization in general, Kobe thinks it's still 2007.

I can't believe we spent two hours talking to Aldridge about off court opportunities. :facepalm

This is why it's hard for a real alpha like Kobe to find a runningmate because two alphas just can't coexist, it needs to be an alpha and beta relationship like the Rule of Two

Droid101
07-01-2015, 05:16 PM
"In'n'Out Burger LaMarcus! In'n'Out Burger!"

chazzy
07-01-2015, 05:17 PM
There's nothing established on the Lakers right now. Why are people surprised? Every interesting player right now hasn't proven a thing. A vet all star isn't going to sign 4 years of his career to developing players.

gts
07-01-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't think it's so much of Kobe as it's more this version of Kobe on this contract gobbling up this much cap space.it's for one season on a team that's in rebuild. Honestly, if that's the deciding factor for a FA then he's not what the Laker's need in the first place. Rather stick with the kids and let them have the time to develop

Secondly.. LMA, K Love they were long shots anyways

Love said back in Feb he was re-signing with the Cavs.. since he announced he was leaving the Blazers LMA was going to the Spurs, the Spurs name popped up before he announced he'd be a FA, so lets not act like this is a shocker

dubeta
07-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Kobe just has a very awkward personality all around. It's hard for him to make conversation and generally relate to ppl.

It's why he is a loner and has no friends in real life

outbreak
07-01-2015, 05:23 PM
If orlando land millsap i could see them picking up tonias harris. He'd be a good fit there imo

Clarkson, randle, harris and russell is a good young core.

BlakFrankWhite
07-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Lakers left themselves really handicapped by giving next year's pick to 76ers.

Maybe give one year of development to Russell and Randle...if they do well...FA's might be willing to join...considering Kobe and his $26 million could be gone.

gts
07-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Lakers still making the mistake in using all their time and resources courted the most coveted.

How do yo know this? just because the big names guys draw the most media attention by reporters doesn't mean the Lakers haven't called others...

The reason we don't hear the second tier guys being talked about is because nobody in the media is staking out their hotels or badgering their agents 24/7 :lol

We know they've talked to Butlers people as well as Ed Davis and T Harris's as of last night, Monroe today

Free agency has been going on less than 24 hours, there's still 3 months left

The-Legend-24
07-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Durant next year

PP34Deuce
07-01-2015, 05:28 PM
the Lakers have history...That's it.

Celebrities have been going to Clippers games
Clippers are the young hot dumb GF while the Lakers are the fading wife that used to be hot.
Clippers have the star power now and will when Kobe is gone.
Kobe is so old school in his approach that young players will be intimidated.

BlakFrankWhite
07-01-2015, 05:31 PM
As much as I HATE to admit it.

Lakers are the royalty of NBA...

.parts of me wants them to do well....so they can go back to being the team "everyone loves to hate" instead of the laughing stock they're becoming

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Lakers left themselves really handicapped by giving next year's pick to 76ers.

Maybe give one year of development to Russell and Randle...if they do well...FA's might be willing to join...considering Kobe and his $26 million could be gone.

We didn't give next years pick to Philly, we traded it for Steve Nash back in 2012. Phx ended up trading it away in the Brandon Knight trade.

And for those of you saying it's only the first day of FA...that may be true, but all the main and even 2nd tier players are being locked up. Of the main FA, only Gasol/Aldridge/Jordan remain. Gasol already said no before FA began, Aldridge met with the FO and was unimpressed, leaving only Jordan. Monroe is probably going to the Knicks, Millsap is deciding between Orlando and ATL, Monta is signing a 4yr deal with Indiana...who does that leave us?

POTENTIALLY Tobias Harris (is he RFA?) could end up signing with our team, but why would he choose us over ATL who was 1st in the East and Orlando, who seem to have really made an impact this offseason with Hezonja coming in and potentially Millsap.

Rank of remaining FA that have even a slight possibility of signing with us:

1. Deandre Jordan
2. Tobias Harris
3. Wes Mathews
4. Lou Will
5. Reggie Jackson
6. Josh Smith
7. Aaron Afflalo
8. David West
9. Enes Kanter (god forbid...his D is the worst in the league)

We could still end up with a decent team, but imho playoffs is out of the question. The only reason we should still try and sign 1 or 2 guys is so that we have pieces to offer the free agents of 2016. It'll be much more attractive coming to a team with all of our youth players and one of these listed FA. Wes might be a good investment considering he is injured and will help us get a bottom 3 finish, while still being able to contribute once he gets healthy for next season (16-17) (he has allll year).

outbreak
07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
We didn't give next years pick to Philly, we traded it for Steve Nash back in 2012. Phx ended up trading it away in the Brandon Knight trade.

And for those of you saying it's only the first day of FA...that may be true, but all the main and even 2nd tier players are being locked up. Of the main FA, only Gasol/Aldridge/Jordan remain. Gasol already said no before FA began, Aldridge met with the FO and was unimpressed, leaving only Jordan. Monroe is probably going to the Knicks, Millsap is deciding between Orlando and ATL, Monta is signing a 4yr deal with Indiana...who does that leave us?

POTENTIALLY Tobias Harris (is he RFA?) could end up signing with our team, but why would he choose us over ATL who was 1st in the East and Orlando, who seem to have really made an impact this offseason with Hezonja coming in and potentially Millsap.

1. Deandre Jordan
2. Tobias Harris
3. Wes Mathews
4. Lou Will
5. Reggie Jackson
6. Josh Smith
7. Aaron Afflalo
8. David West

We could still end up with a decent team, but imho playoffs is out of the question. The only reason we should still try and sign 1 or 2 guys is so that we have pieces to offer the free agents of 2016. It'll be much more attractive coming to a team with all of our youth players and one of these listed FA. Wes might be a good investment considering he is injured and will help us get a bottom 3 finish, while still being able to contribute once he gets healthy for next season (16-17) (he has allll year).
Atlanta haven't been linked to Harris. Detroit boston ny and la were the teams that were always mentioned as wanting him. His restricted but if millsap went to orlando i don'tthink they match for Harris

dazzer87
07-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Players are scare to come to LA.....

IF kobe gets into that mess again like in Colorado....Players around the league are scare he may drop their names to the Cops like he did Shaq........

brownmamba00
07-01-2015, 06:00 PM

1. Deandre Jordan
2. Tobias Harris
3. Wes Mathews
4. Lou Will
5. Reggie Jackson
6. Josh Smith
7. Aaron Afflalo
8. David West

I don't know why Laker fans are against Kanter...he's 7 ft legit center that can go in the post and get buckets and he'd fit right in with this young core we have.

I'd much rather have Kanter on a relatively good contract than overpay Greg Monroe...both can't play D but Kanter can improve on that end if he keeps getting PT.

Asik is worth mentioning he's a tough rim protector that can rebound.

but let's see what DJ does first...He's meeting the Lakers FO this night.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Atlanta haven't been linked to Harris. Detroit boston ny and la were the teams that were always mentioned as wanting him. His restricted but if millsap went to orlando i don'tthink they match for Harris

I'd be veeeeery satisfied picking him up, yet another young player who has actually proved himself and is a good player...and on the slim (very slim) chance we do pick up DJ...

Russell/Clarkson
Bryant/J.Brown/Ellington
Harris/Young/A.Brown
Randle/Davis/Nance
Jordan/Black/Upshaw/Sacre

That would be an interesting team for sure, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

gts
07-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Players are scare to come to LA.....

IF kobe gets into that mess again like in Colorado....Players around the league are scare he may drop their names to the Cops like he did Shaq........:facepalm I remember when ISH posters were clever when they talked shit

Riley Martin
07-01-2015, 06:02 PM
If they can't land DJ or Monroe, they should just try to grab Robin Lopez or Omer Asik.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't know why Laker fans are against Kanter...he's 7 ft legit center that can go in the post and get buckets and he'd fit right in with this young core we have.

I'd much rather have Kanter on a relatively good contract than overpay Greg Monroe...both can't play D but Kanter can improve on that end if he keeps getting PT.

We are already worried about Randle not being a factor on defense (we will see once he actually plays through an entire season), having both Randle and Kanter on the floor with be suicide when it comes to low post D. We're not getting Monroe bro, he is most likely going to the Knicks, and I don't see Asik leaving the good situation he is currently apart of in NOLA. DJ would be a really nice pairing with Randle, we need a defensive anchor to be competitive.

Levity
07-01-2015, 06:09 PM
I'd be veeeeery satisfied picking him up, yet another young player who has actually proved himself and is a good player...and on the slim (very slim) chance we do pick up DJ...

Russell/Clarkson
Bryant/J.Brown/Ellington
Harris/Young/A.Brown
Randle/Davis/Nance

At this point, that is the ideal line up. If DJ doesnt work out, Lakers can save themselves a few mill and sign RoLo .

If we could keep Kobe around 28 mins a game, it would allow our future core to really gel.

Russel, Clarkson, Harris, and Randle. not a bad group of guys to have moving forward. and theres still the potential of upshaw. I might be in the minority, but im intrigued by Nance and his versatility due to length

outbreak
07-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Russell/Clarkson
Bryant/J.Brown/Ellington
Harris/Young/A.Brown
Randle/Davis/Nance

He'd fit in well there whereas I'm not sold on how he fits in to Orlando's current offence with Payton and Oladipo being subpar shooters we need a knock down shooter at the three not another iso player. That being said Orlando can apparently afford to sign both of them but then we'd have trouble when Payton, Gordon and Oladipo come off their rookie deals.

brownmamba00
07-01-2015, 06:11 PM
We are already worried about Randle not being a factor on defense (we will see once he actually plays through an entire season), having both Randle and Kanter on the floor with be suicide when it comes to low post D. We're not getting Monroe bro, he is most likely going to the Knicks, and I don't see Asik leaving the good situation he is currently apart of in NOLA. DJ would be a really nice pairing with Randle, we need a defensive anchor to be competitive.

bruh I feel ya we're gonna need some defense and I hope DJ comes over but I highly doubt it...if everything else fails I wouldn't mind something like this tho;

PF: Randle/Davis/Black
C: Kanter/Davis/Upshaw

and then you go after Ariza as the 3&D guy...that's a decent team as long as Russell and Randle pan out and if Kobe can have a good season we may sneak in to the playoffs.

edit: also hearing Iman Shumpert to Lakers rumours which would help out the perimeter D.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 06:15 PM
http://fansided.com/2015/07/01/nba-rumors-atlanta-hawks-sign-tobias-harris/

In that article it says ATL would be a potential destination for Harris, depending on what happens to their own FA. Seeing as their SF went to Toronto and Millsap is probably going to Orlando, they have some holes to fill. Splitter fills in for Millsap, and Harris would be a perfect replacement for Carroll.

That being said, the Lakers should still have a decent chance at him...it wouldn't be the first time a Magic player has joined the Lakers.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/7/1/8878839/la-lakers-tobias-harris-free-agent-rumor

A couple of sources have already said that the Orlando Magic will not match a max offer sheet for Harris, but would he really be worth the max? And for that matter, what is the max contract offer he can receive? Because I believe he would be a nice signing if we got him for Khris Middleton type of money (70m/5yrs). He averaged 17ppg & 6rpg last season, while shooting 47% from the field. He has improved his 3pt shooting (36.4% last season) and can hit his free throws, he might be a really good pickup for us.

HOoopCityJones
07-01-2015, 06:16 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 11s12 seconds ago
The @aldridge_12 camp pushing back hard against LAT story that he's already eliminated the Lakers from consideration: "completely false."

BlakFrankWhite
07-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Dude have you ever seen Kanter play? He's the worst big man defender ever.

He not only let's opponent C's into the paint....he lays them a welcoming mat!

And he won't improve his defence....he's been saying he'll improve it for 4 years and he hasn't.....him and Randle would get murdered in the post

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 06:21 PM
At this point, that is the ideal line up. If DJ doesnt work out, Lakers can save themselves a few mill and sign RoLo .

If we could keep Kobe around 28 mins a game, it would allow our future core to really gel.

Russel, Clarkson, Harris, and Randle. not a bad group of guys to have moving forward. and theres still the potential of upshaw. I might be in the minority, but im intrigued by Nance and his versatility due to length

I'm with you on Nance. I was pretty upset when we first picked him over Looney, but watching some of his games from college he is hella athletic and a high iq player. Anthony Brown has potential to be a Green type of 3&D guy, and Upshaw has potential to be the next Big Ben...if he can get his head in the game.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 06:24 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 11s12 seconds ago
The @aldridge_12 camp pushing back hard against LAT story that he's already eliminated the Lakers from consideration: "completely false."

All signs point to him signing with San Antonio...the Spurs have never been a team that gambles, no way they trade Splitter away without commitment from Aldridge that he is signing a contract.

And yea...Kanter really is an abomination on the defensive end.

Rooster
07-01-2015, 06:25 PM

Still waiting for DJ then Asik if no after. Essentially those are the players that we need. Meh on Kanter and Monroe.

KungFuJoe
07-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Lifetime Laker fan here.

No one wants to play with Kobe except guys that have no choice.

longtime lurker
07-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Russell/Clarkson
Bryant/J.Brown/Ellington
Harris/Young/A.Brown
Randle/Davis/Nance

Barf. At this point Jordan for the max would be a mistake. Plus he'll want to get more post touches like Dwight Howard. I'd rather focus on signing Harris, KJ McDaniels and trade for Roy Hibbert.

PG-Russell/Clarkson
SG-Kobe/Young
SF-McDaniels/Nance
PF-Harris/Randle
C-Hibbert/Black/Upshaw

Gives us a defensive lineup that can spread the floor and match up with the small ball teams of today. Also gives us 3 guys that can create their own offense and 2 defensive stoppers. Plus it gives us a lot of offensive punch off the bench. This team would at least be competitive and could sneak into the playoffs as a low seed.

Rooster
07-01-2015, 06:30 PM
bruh I feel ya we're gonna need some defense and I hope DJ comes over but I highly doubt it...if everything else fails I wouldn't mind something like this tho;

PF: Randle/Davis/Black
C: Kanter/Davis/Upshaw

and then you go after Ariza as the 3&D guy...that's a decent team as long as Russell and Randle pan out and if Kobe can have a good season we may sneak in to the playoffs.

edit: also hearing Iman Shumpert to Lakers rumours which would help out the perimeter D.

No for Kanter. Shumpert will be a nice addition for the right price but should not over pay him. You only overpay role players when you have a system in place and the foundation of team identity establish.

Rooster
07-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Lifetime Laker fan here.

Lakers still won championships :confusedshrug:

HOoopCityJones
07-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Lifetime Laker fan here.

Bill Plaschke ‏@BillPlaschke

Too easy to blame @kobebryant for LMA bad pitch..he barely spoke..this is about organizational failure to convince players they can thrive.

It's easy to blame Kobe, but the fact of the matter is we have nothing to offer except an unproven budding core of rookies. Most of The Lakers pitch was about off court benefits in LA.

Lakers Front Office need to get with the times and realize you have to sign second tier talent to at least make your roster attractive, this whole banking on tradition and cap space shit is not gonna cut it.

Even with Kobe gone, next year will be no different if not worse if we keep up this same charade, we'll have all the cap space in the world with zero direction for the Team. The Bucks look better than us at this point.

ImKobe
07-01-2015, 06:35 PM
All signs point to him signing with San Antonio...the Spurs have never been a team that gambles, no way they trade Splitter away without commitment from Aldridge that he is signing a contract.

And yea...Kanter really is an abomination on the defensive end.

Splitter isn't exactly a game changer and Greg Monroe is their plan B

brownmamba00
07-01-2015, 06:45 PM
No for Kanter. Shumpert will be a nice addition for the right price but should not over pay him. You only overpay role players when you have a system in place and the foundation of team identity establish.

I mean yeah his defense sucks but he gives you 18/10 on good percentages with room to grow. If you can lock him up for 10 mill a year and you can pair him up with a rim protector like Davis, that would be something to think about.

I just hope they don't panic and throw the max at Monroe.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 06:47 PM
I mean yeah his defense sucks but he gives you 18/10 on good percentages with room to grow. If you can lock him up for 10-12 mill a year and you can pair him up with a rim protector like Davis, that would be something to think about.

But see, that's unrealistic thinking. What makes you think we could get Davis onto our team (who is locked up in NOLA for the next 6 years) when we can't even get Aldridge to sign with us?

brownmamba00
07-01-2015, 06:50 PM
But see, that's unrealistic thinking. What makes you think we could get Davis onto our team (who is locked up in NOLA for the next 6 years) when we can't even get Aldridge to sign with us?
Ed Davis:lol

Droid101
07-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Lifetime Laker fan here.

What about that guy in your avatar who willingly signed with the Lakers? :lol

dubeta
07-01-2015, 08:29 PM
What about that guy in your avatar who willingly signed with the Lakers? :lol

He's mentally retarded (not unlike you) didnt know what he was getting himself into

Droid101
07-01-2015, 08:30 PM
He's mentally retarded (not unlike you) didnt know what he was getting himself into
A championship? :oldlol:

You guys are too easy.

Rooster
07-01-2015, 08:30 PM
I mean yeah his defense sucks but he gives you 18/10 on good percentages with room to grow. If you can lock him up for 10 mill a year and you can pair him up with a rim protector like Davis, that would be something to think about.

You have to remember we have Randle in our team. If Utah can't get it done with him and Horford, what makes you think Lakers can. Ed Davis will go where the money is. Technically he's not on the team. I rather pay Asik then let Randle develop

TheBigVeto
07-01-2015, 08:46 PM

They still want to sign with the Lakers, according to Kobetards.

Anyway, they'll be lucky if they can retain Jeremy Lin.

ihatetimthomas
07-01-2015, 08:53 PM
How do yo know this? just because the big names guys draw the most media attention by reporters doesn't mean the Lakers haven't called others...

The reason we don't hear the second tier guys being talked about is because nobody in the media is staking out their hotels or badgering their agents 24/7 :lol

We know they've talked to Butlers people as well as Ed Davis and T Harris's as of last night, Monroe today

Free agency has been going on less than 24 hours, there's still 3 months left

Obviously I don't know for sure, Im no insider. I am basing this off how I have seen the Lakers approach free agency. It seems to me they are looking for that big name free agent to sign. That quick fix that appeases sponsors. fans and season ticket holders. They are going all out on elite level free agents that they are a long shot. And while they are doing that, other teams are courting these second tier guys as their first option and taking the lead. Aldridge was a long shot against the Spurs, and honestly makes little sense for the teams current makeup as a 30 year old. I understand they had to go for the top free agents, but they havnt shown me the ability to have a backup plan but you are right, its still early.

The same pitch has struck out on top flight free agents the previous 2 years and that appears to be the same this year. At some point, the focus should be on the young up and comer free agents to build for future.

Lots of time left in free agency, but guys are getting snagged up quickly.

ImKobe
07-01-2015, 09:03 PM
They still want to sign with the Lakers, according to Kobetards.

Anyway, they'll be lucky if they can retain Jeremy Lin.

ok

Human Error
07-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Lifetime Laker fan here.

An intelligent Laker fan finally.

red1
07-01-2015, 09:35 PM
They'll rebuild in earnest in two-three years. Just have to wait for the new agreement and for that big contract to come off the books.

PickernRoller
07-01-2015, 10:05 PM
A championship? :oldlol:

You guys are too easy.

Poor Dubeta. An obvious alt of a bonafide fakkit here for sure...

gts
07-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Obviously I don't know for sure, Im no insider. I am basing this off how I have seen the Lakers approach free agency. It seems to me they are looking for that big name free agent to sign. That quick fix that appeases sponsors. fans and season ticket holders. They are going all out on elite level free agents that they are a long shot. And while they are doing that, other teams are courting these second tier guys as their first option and taking the lead. Aldridge was a long shot against the Spurs, and honestly makes little sense for the teams current makeup as a 30 year old. I understand they had to go for the top free agents, but they havnt shown me the ability to have a backup plan but you are right, its still early.

The same pitch has struck out on top flight free agents the previous 2 years and that appears to be the same this year. At some point, the focus should be on the young up and comer free agents to build for future.

Lots of time left in free agency, but guys are getting snagged up quickly.

You know it's perfectly acceptable to explore all avenues in the off season, you have a direction planned out and it can involve going after a big name player AND finding players that fill other voids in the roster... it doesn't have to be one or the other, the Lakers are not just in need of one player or trying to fill a need at one position, they can basically use depth/talent at all positions...

Before free agency you line up your ducks, we want to talk to this guy and that guy when the clock strikes midnight, when it's time they pick up the phone and start setting up appointments and making offers

fact is they can't talk to any of them before that time and unless the players agent reaches out to the team before July 1 first to set up a meeting the first contact doesn't happen until midnight EDT

Big name free agents go first they're in the highest deamnd so you have to meet with them first... mid level next and the roster fillers last

You don't go to the day after Christmas sales looking for smoking deal on beef jerky, you head straight to the TV department and score the giant screen then pick up the jerky later cause they buy that shit by the ton... Like jerky there will always be plenty of mid level players and guys that fill out the roster but you can't wait on the big screens because they got a limited supply and once they're gone they're gone

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 12:29 AM
You have to remember we have Randle in our team. If Utah can't get it done with him and Horford, what makes you think Lakers can. Ed Davis will go where the money is. Technically he's not on the team. I rather pay Asik then let Randle develop

I never realized Horford was apart of the Utah Jazz...weird.

Rooster
07-02-2015, 01:06 AM
I never realized Horford was apart of the Utah Jazz...weird.

I meant Favors. But I still think we should sign a rim protector that can anchor the team defensively.

bobopenguin
07-02-2015, 01:17 AM
I meant Favors. But I still think we should sign a rim protector that can anchor the team defensively.

any decent rim protector available right now..? :(

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-02-2015, 01:20 AM
I'd sign Tobias Harris and Monroe for 2-3 years. then try my luck on FA pool in 2016+ after kobe's contract is up.

Rooster
07-02-2015, 01:27 AM
any decent rim protector available right now..? :(

Only DJ can be a game changer but I don't think he will consider the Lakers.
After him, bunch of cheap guys who can help but nothing special, Robin Lopez, Biyombo

bladefd
07-02-2015, 02:16 AM
At this point, Lakers best bet is Greg Monroe.

Is Harrison Barnes also a free agent? I would target him too. Definitely not max though. He is not worth max money

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 02:28 AM
Honestly, who cares what the Lakers or Twolves or 6

TheBigVeto
07-02-2015, 02:28 AM
They will sign somebody. The question is whom.

Actually they need to sign Monta Ellis, I don't think he'll be joining the Pacers. The Lakers need an upgrade in SG position badly.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 02:30 AM
Why don

bobopenguin
07-02-2015, 02:32 AM
At this point, Lakers best bet is Greg Monroe.

Is Harrison Barnes also a free agent? I would target him too. Definitely not max though. He is not worth max money

err.. instead of getting Monroe,
i rather focus on our young guys, Sacre, Upshaw, Black..
Since we are not contending, we might as hoping one of them will turn out decent.

Droid101
07-02-2015, 11:26 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/56551932.jpg

...for Laker free agency move.

LONGTIME
07-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Durant next year

:oldlol:

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Do people really think Russell Westbrook or Kevin Durant are actually going to sign with the Lakers with the team they have right now? Durant seems like the loyal type, and will probably retire in OKC. We have no idea how Randle and Russell are going to pan out, so I can't say if the both of them will be good selling points to free agents going forward.

Westbrook? Didn't another UCLA player spurn the Lakers this offseason?

Players have the freedom to thrive financially on small market teams nowadays, thanks to both the advent of social media and the CBA. This isn't the 80's/90's anymore. Durant and Westbrook have played on a small market team their whole career, and both seem to like winning. Do the Lakers give them the best shot to win going forward?

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 12:04 PM
I don't think the Lakers were that high on Monroe anyway and to be honest most fans didn't really give a shit about him as well. But I'm concerned with the foundation they're laying to try to snag free agents next season as they seem
To be banking on the talent of rookies hopefully panning out as SOMETHING.

Outside of that there isn't much going on with this roster

HOoopCityJones
07-02-2015, 12:42 PM
No one wants to sign to a roster full of unproven rookies and old Kobe.

Lakers management being lazy. We should've went after the next tier guys instead of only focusing on the big names. Now they think signing a bunch of one year deals and doing it all again next year is the best course of action.

It gets to a point where you have to wonder when will Mitch be fired. Buss kids certainly ain't going under that ....Bus.

Levity
07-02-2015, 12:53 PM
struck out last year, Laker fans responded with "we'll sign big names next off season!!"

striking out this year (so far), and no doubt ignorant fans will chime in with "we'll get durant next year"

Cap space, a dleague roster and 2nd/3rd year players does not attract superstars. If we put some semblance of a competitive team together, then yes, you could potentially draw the interest of a superstar hoping to bring that team to the next level. Until then, we'll just continue to flounder

r15mohd
07-02-2015, 01:23 PM
struck out last year, Laker fans responded with "we'll sign big names next off season!!"

striking out this year (so far), and no doubt ignorant fans will chime in with "we'll get durant next year"

Cap space, a dleague roster and 2nd/3rd year players does not attract superstars. If we put some semblance of a competitive team together, then yes, you could potentially draw the interest of a superstar hoping to bring that team to the next level. Until then, we'll just continue to flounder

this. basically every major FA next year is currently on a significantly better team right now. there's no reason for them to even consider LA knowing they're getting worse.

especially for guys like Durant who will be signing max deals for about 4-5yrs, and pretty much needing to secure a ring in this time frame as the back end of those 5yrs begins their decline

Lakers are in quick sand right now

Rooster
07-02-2015, 01:55 PM
No one wants to sign to a roster full of unproven rookies and old Kobe.

Lakers management being lazy. We should've went after the next tier guys instead of only focusing on the big names. Now they think signing a bunch of one year deals and doing it all again next year is the best course of action.

It gets to a point where you have to wonder when will Mitch be fired. Buss kids certainly ain't going under that ....Bus.

You have to go to top tier first regardless. I don't think the next tier are that good of an option is. Overpaying role players will not change us, it will only make it worse in the long run. Just let the kids develop and grow.

The Warriors are looking to dump Lee salary to avoid paying hefty luxury taxes. Maybe we can get Barnes in the package or picks.

Rooster
07-02-2015, 01:56 PM
I don't think the Lakers were that high on Monroe anyway and to be honest most fans didn't really give a shit about him as well. But I'm concerned with the foundation they're laying to try to snag free agents next season as they seem
To be banking on the talent of rookies hopefully panning out as SOMETHING.

Outside of that there isn't much going on with this roster

It worked out well for us before Shaq came over:confusedshrug:

fragokota
07-02-2015, 01:59 PM
What a sad sad ending for Kobe's career...

Yoda
07-02-2015, 02:02 PM
https://www.fanduel.com/insider/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/yoda-meme.jpg

Thunderfan86
07-02-2015, 02:06 PM
What a sad sad ending for Kobe's career...
I know man.....his body is breaking down and he has to play with a D League roster. Oh well, at least he's making all that fvcking money.

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 02:11 PM
It worked out well for us before Shaq came over:confusedshrug:

Lakers from my memory actually had a decent squad already in place before Shaq arrived. They weren't contenders by any stretch but they weren't as depleted as they are right now either. Not to mention you had Jerry Bus still running the show and the high of only being a few years removed from the Magic Johnson years. Right now the team has been straight garbage for a few seasons now. They need to start working on a more solid foundation

Rooster
07-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Lakers from my memory actually had a decent squad already in place before Shaq arrived. They weren't contenders by any stretch but they weren't as depleted as they are right now either. Not to mention you had Jerry Bus still running the show and the high of only being a few years removed from the Magic Johnson years. Right now the team has been straight garbage for a few seasons now. They need to start working on a more solid foundation

That team was built through the draft. Getting Eddie Jones in the lottery and the signing of Ceballos enabled us to make a quick turnaround.

dubeta
07-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Truth is players like LMA don't wanna turn into Kobe's little b!tch spot-up shooter

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Who's the last big name free agent the Lakers signed after Shaq? I don't understand why people say players love to go there. Over the last decade they've won by having two of the greatest players ever supplanted by revolving supporting casts. Besides, superstars rarely change teams through free agency anyway.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 03:45 PM
We are getting desperate right now...we absolutely ****ing need Tobias Harris to sign with us. He fills a hole and at least adds some optimism and a realistic chance for a FA to sign next season. Or not, idc, it's just that I along with the majority of Laker fans will be pissed if we don't get anyone after all this talk about going hard in free agency.

At the same time I'm starting to second guess the Russell pick now...I didn't mind it one bit when all those big men were available, but now that they have all basically found teams, Okafor would of been a better fit on the roster. We already had Clarkson on the team at the time, what we lacked was a center. idk man, I hope I'm just overreacting like a bitch right now. They gotta do SOMETHING (except trading for David Lee......).

G0ATbe
07-02-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the roster right now so couldn't care less. The less big names we sign this offseason, the more we'll be able to offer Durant next offseason.

L8krH8tr
07-02-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the roster right now so couldn't care less. The less big names we sign this offfseason, the more we'll be able to offer Durant next offseason.

lol Durant isnt coming to LA you fool

WeGetRing2012
07-02-2015, 04:03 PM
I like a front court of DJ & Josh Smith. DJ wants more responsibilty on the offensive end and Josh Smith is a versatile big who plays defense.

DJ/Hill/Sacre
Josh/Randle/Black/Kelly
3&D player :confusedshrug: / Swaggy P/Nance
Kobe/Ellington/Brown
Russell/ Clarkson/ Lin

Very good team

Mirror
07-02-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the roster right now so couldn't care less. The less big names we sign this offseason, the more we'll be able to offer Durant next offseason.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Confirmed Jim Buss ISH account.

robert de niro
07-02-2015, 04:18 PM

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe/Simmons
Durant
Randle
Free Agent

Levity
07-02-2015, 04:20 PM

stupid rationalization is stupid.

gts
07-02-2015, 04:28 PM
We are getting desperate right now...we absolutely ****ing need Tobias Harris to sign with us. He fills a hole and at least adds some optimism and a realistic chance for a FA to sign next season. Or not, idc, it's just that I along with the majority of Laker fans will be pissed if we don't get anyone after all this talk about going hard in free agency.

At the same time I'm starting to second guess the Russell pick now...I didn't mind it one bit when all those big men were available, but now that they have all basically found teams, Okafor would of been a better fit on the roster. We already had Clarkson on the team at the time, what we lacked was a center. idk man, I hope I'm just overreacting like a bitch right now. They gotta do SOMETHING (except trading for David Lee......).:lol Bos in full panic....

Lakers Legend#32
07-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Does signing Robert Sacre count?

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 04:31 PM
:lol Bos in full panic....

It's hard not to be man, we have NEVER had 3 losing seasons in a row...times truly are changing.

LONGTIME
07-02-2015, 04:54 PM

:oldlol:

gts
07-02-2015, 04:56 PM
It's hard not to be man, we have NEVER had 3 losing seasons in a row...times truly are changing.Never had to deal with a CBA that was as restrictive to player movement and team spending as this one.. times have changed, lakers biggest weapon (their wallet) has been significantly changed.

Everyone wants to blame the FO but it's no coincidence that the Lakers changing how they do business happened at the same time as the new CBA was introduced just bad timing that a long time coming rebuild needed to happen at the same time

edit. lets also not overlook injuries... those have had a bigger effect on the last two seasons than anything else.. easy to forget they happened but they did and they were a huge factor

chips93
07-02-2015, 05:08 PM
What could the lakers have done different with the old cba? They managed to put together an apparent super team when they got nash and howard.

gts
07-02-2015, 05:12 PM
What could the lakers have done different with the old cba? They managed to put together an apparent super team when they got nash and howard.both trades

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Sucks for the rebuilding process. That Nash trade really fvcked us over. We barely have any draft picks to rebuild and got to wait til lik 2020 to have our picks back. We probably won't get top 3 pick next year unless we do worst then last year. So our pick goes to philly. Now to salvage the season we have to trade or try and sign D.Lee, Hibbert, Koufas, or Jason Smith? I'd make a run for Tobias and hope Orlando doesn't match as he's young and has potential to fill the SF need.

Wishful thinking is..suck or tank whatever comes first, miracle first pick and rebuild with Ben Simmons.

bdreason
07-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Lakers will be better off not signing any of these guys. They need a top 3 pick again this year, or they'll have to give their pick away. Dump Kobe, get 3 or 4 legit prospects on the team, then add a superstar. Signing a bunch of 30 year old all-stars isn't going to do anything for the Lakers long term. The only guy I think they should've signed was Monroe, because he's only 25... but he only signed a 2+1 deal.

talkingconch
07-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Dont get why Lakers are after aldridge, is it for the max? what a waste

would rather get cousins, at least he is young, but since talks died down i would wait until next season.

AirTupac
07-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Ive already given up hope and this is shtting out my ass but what if the only reason LMA is still enticed by the Lakers is if they know they can get Demarcus Cousins as well. He hates playing C so this guarantees that he'll see a lot of time at the PF position. But nah we'll get David Lee + Sacre at the end of the day.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Ive already given up hope and this is shtting out my ass but what if the only reason LMA is still enticed by the Lakers is if they know they can get Demarcus Cousins as well. He hates playing C so this guarantees that he'll see a lot of time at the PF position. But nah we'll get David Lee + Sacre at the end of the day.

David Lee is not a bad pick up, if they do acquire him in FA.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-02-2015, 11:23 PM

Prob throw in Josh Smith while you're at it with D.Lee/Hibbert/Koufas/RoLo.

bobopenguin
07-02-2015, 11:28 PM

God, why not just fk me in the @ss right now.

chazzy
07-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Can't even get Robin Lopez lol

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 11:33 PM
I think they would do good looking at solid role players, forget the stars.

LBJMVP
07-02-2015, 11:41 PM
I don't know if LA even wanted those guys, if they really did then they dodged a bullet. All of those guys have warning flags next to their name and they want huge money to boot...Those two do not go well with each other.

yah.... LA dodged a bullet by not signing the best players in free agency.:roll:

Bosnian Sajo
07-03-2015, 01:49 AM
Maybe it really is time to trade Kobe? I've always been against that, but it'd be for the tank. Simmons would be an elite pickup next season. But who'd take on his contract? Lee is 15m so that won't work, unless they add Livingston but I'm pretty sure they want to keep him as their backup guard.

I mean shit, if we're already gonna be a losing team this season, let us at least do it right. If we miss the playoffs and don't have a pick for next years draft, that is a completely wasted year right there.

LA_Showtime
07-03-2015, 01:59 AM
I'm cool with offering anyone for Cousins but I don't want Aldridge or really any of the free agents available this summer. It's tough to see Kobe go out on a losing team but he's been very fortunate in terms of being surrounded by great talent so you win some you lose some.

magictricked
07-03-2015, 02:01 AM
I'm cool with offering anyone for Cousins but I don't want Aldridge or really any of the free agents available this summer. It's tough to see Kobe go out on a losing team but he's been very fortunate in terms of being surrounded by great talent so you win some you lose some.

Kobe knew the score when he took the extension. Don't feel too bad for him, he knew they would not be contending and a full on rebuild was going on. The good point is the young guys will have him around for a season and learn a thing or two from one of the greatest players ever. Kobe is a student of the game, if they work hard and listen they could learn some things about the game and how it's played. That would be invaluable and something very few young players get early on

LA_Showtime
07-03-2015, 02:02 AM
Kobe knew the score when he took the extension. Don't feel too bad for him, he knew they would not be contending and a ground up rebuild was going on.

Honestly even had Kobe taken less I don't think the Lakers would have competed. Injuries, Kobe's ego, and terrible management has been our downfall. Best we can hope for is a feel-good year for Kobe, a top-3 draft pick, and player development.

gyu
07-03-2015, 02:06 AM
They will sign Amar'e for $40million/2years

ZMonkey11
07-03-2015, 02:06 AM
Maybe it really is time to trade Kobe? I've always been against that, but it'd be for the tank. Simmons would be an elite pickup next season. But who'd take on his contract? Lee is 15m so that won't work, unless they add Livingston but I'm pretty sure they want to keep him as their backup guard.

I mean shit, if we're already gonna be a losing team this season, let us at least do it right. If we miss the playoffs and don't have a pick for next years draft, that is a completely wasted year right there.

If Kobe can stay healthy this year, he is your tank. Keep ahooting kobe, keep shooting.

gyu
07-03-2015, 02:07 AM
Honestly even had Kobe taken less I don't think the Lakers would have competed. Injuries, Kobe's ego, and terrible management has been our downfall. Best we can hope for is a feel-good year for Kobe, a top-3 draft pick, and player development.
Rational Laker fan on Insidehoops? :applause:

LA_Showtime
07-03-2015, 02:08 AM
Can't even get Robin Lopez lol

I don't know why we wanted to sign him in the first place. Our best bet is to STOP pursuing these free agents, develop our young talent, and wait for the Kings to do something stupid. Given they just traded away Staus-God, a future first round pick and the rights to swap... I think we have a shot. :oldlol:

magictricked
07-03-2015, 02:09 AM
Honestly even had Kobe taken less I don't think the Lakers would have competed. Injuries, Kobe's ego, and terrible management has been our downfall. Best we can hope for is a feel-good year for Kobe, a top-3 draft pick, and player development.The last two seasons the Lakers have logged more games missed by players to injuries than any team in the history of the league

SwishSquared
07-03-2015, 02:11 AM
Honestly even had Kobe taken less I don't think the Lakers would have competed. Injuries, Kobe's ego, and terrible management has been our downfall. Best we can hope for is a feel-good year for Kobe, a top-3 draft pick, and player development.Depends on if you believe Windhorst, but he said LBJ had interest in teaming up with Melo on the Lakers last summer but they didn't have the cap space to do it.

I tend to not believe him nowadays and think rebuilding properly is better. However, Lakers kinda needed to do an amazing job in FA this summer because it will be really hard to keep that pick.

LA_Showtime
07-03-2015, 02:13 AM
Depends on if you believe Windhorst, but he said LBJ had interest in teaming up with Melo on the Lakers last summer but they didn't have the cap space to do it.

I tend to not believe him nowadays and think rebuilding properly is better. However, Lakers kinda needed to do an amazing job in FA this summer because it will be really hard to keep that pick.

It sucks to potentially lose a lottery pick but I'd rather us save the money than aimlessly spend it just because we need Top 3 to keep the pick.

magictricked
07-03-2015, 02:32 AM
Funny how Lakers fans keep saying lets not go after big names, develop the young talent instead. Then hoping they tank so bad they get that top 3 pick in 2016. That's not how you develop talent, talent is built by playing to win not lose.

LA_Showtime
07-03-2015, 02:42 AM
Funny how Lakers fans keep saying lets not go after big names, develop the young talent instead. Then hoping they tank so bad they get that top 3 pick in 2016. That's not how you develop talent, talent is built by playing to win not lose.

It's not about NOT going after big names, but overpaying guys who don't deserve the money. I'd rather develop our guys this season, even if it means losing a Top 3 pick, than sign Robin Lopez and Rajon Rondo. I'm all for signing a legitimate superstar, if that's even a possibility these days, but the guys we've pursued this summer are not that.

SwishSquared
07-03-2015, 02:43 AM
It sucks to potentially lose a lottery pick but I'd rather us save the money than aimlessly spend it just because we need Top 3 to keep the pick.That's a good point. If you don't land your top targets (which I guess were DMC/LMA/DJ), then may as well build it out slow. Philly could be in fantastic shape next draft as a result, but we'll see. Lakers do have the cap space to sign Tobias Harris if they want.

LA_Showtime
07-03-2015, 02:45 AM
That's a good point. If you don't land your top targets (which I guess were DMC/LMA/DJ), then may as well build it out slow. Philly could be in fantastic shape next draft as a result, but we'll see. Lakers do have the cap space to sign Tobias Harris if they want.

I'd rather be patient and wait until next summer or until a team like the Kings get even more desperate. There is no way we are making the playoffs this year, regardless of who we sign, so we might as well be patient, develop our young talent, and wait for an opportunity to present itself. Or you know I guess we could ask Aldridge for another meeting. :roll:

SwishSquared
07-03-2015, 02:46 AM
I'd rather be patient and wait until next summer or until a team like the Kings get even more desperate. There is no way we are making the playoffs this year, regardless of who we sign, so we might as well be patient, develop our young talent, and wait for an opportunity to present itself. Or you know I guess we could ask Aldridge for another meeting. :roll::lol Third time's the charm!

bobopenguin
07-03-2015, 03:32 AM

u wanna tank another year just to get top 3 pick?

there's different between let young players develop while playing hardest and let them strive for the win, to just send them out on the court to play and aim for the lose.

it's ok if u tried the hardest and still lose and get ur top pick, but it's not ok to go up knowing the match is gonna suck and aim to lose, then starts stat padding and chucking.

if we wanna develop Scare, Black and Upshaw, then fine, so be it, but play the hardest and aim for wins.

LA_Showtime
07-03-2015, 03:37 AM
u wanna tank another year just to get top 3 pick?

there's different between let young players develop while playing hardest and let them strive for the win, to just send them out on the court to play and aim for the lose.

it's ok if u tried the hardest and still lose and get ur top pick, but it's not ok to go up knowing the match is gonna suck and aim to lose, then starts stat padding and chucking.

if we wanna develop Scare, Black and Upshaw, then fine, so be it, but play the hardest and aim for wins.

I don't care if we keep the pick, but obviously I would like to if given the chance. The only thing we have to play for this year is youth development. I didn't say I want us to tank lol

Sharmer
07-03-2015, 06:24 AM
According to the Buss family next season is another Kobe celebration season, the season after that is supposed to be their re-entry into the Playoffs, with the goal of getting past the second round.