PDA

View Full Version : Has the cavs dynasty officially started ???

Kingwillball
07-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I mean with basically whole team back and bound to actually improve team that was for all intents and purposes best in NBA post trades the cavs could have the east on lockdown for years to come. Lebron could realistically get to double digit finals by time he retires. I will go on record and say he goes 5 out of 10 in finals wins and appearances.

Raymone
07-01-2015, 03:27 PM
They'll have to win a title first. And that won't happen when they have to beat a West team in a series to do it.

Perennial ECF champs at best.

Cocaine80s
07-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Plus healthy verajao :applause:

oh the horror
07-01-2015, 03:33 PM
We really going to do this again? You dudes just lost and now you're already talking about dynasties? I feel like this is every off season for Lebron teams :oldlol:

Kingwillball
07-01-2015, 03:47 PM
They'll have to win a title first. And that won't happen when they have to beat a West team in a series to do it.

Perennial ECF champs at best.

No way they would of won in 5 at most this year if Irving and love were healthy.

3ball
07-01-2015, 03:47 PM
A dynasty requires a team to employ superior strategy, teamwork, and mental strength over an extended period of time.

Lebron-ball's rudimentary approach and rigid, unadjustable nature preclude any of these things from happening.

Accordingly, Lebron James is not capable of being on a dynasty.

This is not hate.. It's true.

Derka
07-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Dynasties don't begin until you win a title.

Blue&Orange
07-01-2015, 03:56 PM
statpadding dinasty

imnew09
07-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Empty Stats dynasty.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 04:05 AM
They just need to stay healthy.

RightTwoCensor
07-02-2015, 04:07 AM
Have they addressed the lack of backcourt offense that lost them the Finals? No? Okay.

bobopenguin
07-02-2015, 04:07 AM
no excuse.

champ or fail.

Cocaine80s
07-02-2015, 04:17 AM
Have they addressed the lack of backcourt offense that lost them the Finals? No? Okay.
Healthy Kyrie alone can fix that

Heavincent
07-02-2015, 04:19 AM
Yes, the dynasty has officially started even though they haven't won a title.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 04:20 AM
The Cavs will have the best record in the NBA next year. Their stats improved substantially towards the second half of the season, and they fell two games short of a ring, given that their second and third best players were injured, this was a outstanding achievement.

FrenchDude
07-02-2015, 04:29 AM
Love and Kyrie are still injury prone players....

coin24
07-02-2015, 04:29 AM
According to Pauk just making the finals is a win:lol

Heavincent
07-02-2015, 04:38 AM
Meanwhile, the real dynasty is underway in Golden State.

Curry, Thomson, Barnes, Green, Iguodala, Livingston, Ezeli, and Bogut all locked in until 2017, with one of the best front offices in the league and a top 5 coach.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 04:40 AM

Curry, Thomson, Barnes, Green, Iguodala, Livingston, Ezeli, and Bogut all locked in until 2017, with one of the best front offices in the league and a top 5 coach.

You don't think the GSW had their fair share of luck during the Playoffs ?

Heavincent
07-02-2015, 04:43 AM
You don't think the GSW had their fair share of luck during the Playoffs ?

1. Just like every other championship team.
2. Who gives a shit, the only thing people will remember is that they won

They were the best team in the league from beginning to end. Period.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 04:47 AM
1. Just like every other championship team.
2. Who gives a shit, the only thing people will remember is that they won

They were the best team in the league from beginning to end. Period.

But you are arguing that they are going to develop into a dynasty, you need more than luck to build a dynasty.

I think they will be the type of team that wins a lot of regular season games, but I think when the games are slowed down in the Playoffs, they will struggle to get over line in the future.

They deserved to win, but had more luck than some other teams.

Heavincent
07-02-2015, 04:51 AM
But you are arguing that they are going to develop into a dynasty, you need more than luck to build a dynasty.

I think they will be the type of team that wins a lot of regular season games, but I think when the games are slowed down in the Playoffs, they will struggle to get over line in the future.

They're bringing back pretty much the same team that wrecked the league all season (one of the best point differentials ever), only this time with more experience and possibly Marco Belinelli.

They're not going away any time soon.

TheBigVeto
07-02-2015, 04:52 AM
Let's have them win one first dawg.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 04:54 AM
They're bringing back pretty much the same team that wrecked the league all season (one of the best point differentials ever), only this time with more experience and possibly Marco Belinelli.

They're not going away any time soon.

They look to be in a good position, but I think the league will adjust to their style of play.

Kerr looks to have great basketball IQ. I don't think he has been given enough credit.

knicksman
07-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Sorry. But i dont see a winners gene in bran. That gene that is present in curry. The gene that made curry to be the most skilled player in the league and overcome the lack of athleticism.

3ball
07-02-2015, 07:38 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-18-2015/f2jwKx.gif

Dynasties are always smart teams.. Otoh, Lebron's less adjustable style prevents his teams from using optimal, cutting edge strategy.. Instead, it's the opposite - Lebron's opponents in the Finals are the ones employing the superior, cutting-edge strategy to beat him (i.e. Spurs, Warriors) - they're the teams that are considered the "smart" teams in the league, not Lebron's.

Otoh, MJ's teams were those very teams employing the cutting edge strategy and perceived as smart (like the Spurs, Warriors, etc.).. MJ's GOAT level of offensive sophistication (shown in GIF above) provided the necessary adjustability and capacity to be the centerpiece of cutting edge strategy (the triangle).

Unfortunately, Lebron-ball's rigid, straightforward approach means it can never be part of an all-time great team - all-time great teams have always used cutting edge strategy over an extended period of time, which gives the team a sustainable advantage on the rest of the league.

Doranku
07-02-2015, 07:41 AM
We really going to do this again? You dudes just lost and now you're already talking about dynasties? I feel like this is every off season for Lebron teams :oldlol:

LeBron is the GOAT when it comes to hypothetical championships

Leroy Jetson
07-02-2015, 08:11 AM
LeBron is the GOAT when it comes to hypothetical championships
:oldlol: :oldlol:
Hypothetically he's six of six in the finals. Watch out Jordan, he's hypothetically about to pass you.

Kingwillball
07-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Haters gonna hate but lebron is getting to 5 or 6 championships before he is done and appearances will be double figures.

kamil
07-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Haters gonna hate but lebron is getting to 5 or 6 championships before he is done and appearances will be double figures.

:lol keep dreaming

Crimsonrain777
07-02-2015, 09:16 AM

i actually think Golden State will fair better in the playoffs next year than they did this year. it was their first year making it to the finals. The team was nervous, alot of shots that theyre used to hitting they were missing and this wasnt because of defense. some of these were wide-open shots and others were relatively open. their second or third best player; also, the most mentally weak player on the team in Klay Thompson disappeared for basically the entire finals. He was the player that put them on that other level and made them the most terrifying team in the league. when he plays like a snot- nosed rookie on the biggest stage of the game they lost that extra dimension to the offense that they had throughout the entire season.He's also the player i see benefiting the most from the Finals experience. all things considered i expect GSW to perform better next year(KT especially).

tpols
07-02-2015, 10:24 AM
i actually think Golden State will fair better in the playoffs next year than they did this year. it was their first year making it to the finals. The team was nervous, alot of shots that theyre used to hitting they were missing and this wasnt because of defense. some of these were wide-open shots and others were relatively open. their second or third best player; also, the most mentally weak player on the team in Klay Thompson disappeared for basically the entire finals. He was the player that put them on that other level and made them the most terrifying team in the league. when he plays like a snot- nosed rookie on the biggest stage of the game they lost that extra dimension to the offense that they had throughout the entire season.He's also the player i see benefiting the most from the Finals experience. all things considered i expect GSW to perform better next year(KT especially).

It was the defense though.. shump had him locked up and moz/thompson are very good hedgers. Cleveland was the best defensive team of the whole playoffs..