PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Kendrick Perkins ?

Sharmer
07-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I recall in Boston in the title run, that he was averaging 10PPG and was efficient at 60%, he was also a solid defender and against the Magic could handle D12 in the post without double coverage. Now at 30 when players should be hitting their peak, he's rubbish on offense and defensively. I know he had minor knee surgery before the OKC acquisition. But I don't get it when NBA players, with all of coaching resources available to them, lose most of their skill set.

MiseryCityTexas
07-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Thunder shoulda never traded Jeff Green in the first place. Harden,Green,Kd, Westbrook was that Thunder squad back in the day, and Kendrick ****ing Perkins and Kevin ****ing Martin broke all that shit up.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2015, 06:32 PM
No more KG to make him look like a good defender or space the floor with his alltime midrange game

ProfessorMurder
07-01-2015, 06:35 PM
He tore his damn ACL and got even slower, and he hasn't played with a PG that's looking to pass as much.

Akrazotile
07-01-2015, 06:35 PM
He was the definition of birdfed in Boston.

Budadiiii
07-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Thunder shoulda never traded Jeff Green in the first place. Harden,Green,Kd, Westbrook was that Thunder squad back in the day, and Kendrick ****ing Perkins and Kevin ****ing Martin broke all that shit up.
Can't keep them all my friend.

And Green almost died the following season after we traded him... we dodged a bullet there. He isn't very good.

All teams lose players over the years. IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE. I know you get off on taking shots at OKC - because you're a loser, and probably still mad about OKC whooping Houstons ass in the playoffs .... but get a grip on it for once.

What happened to Perkins? Well, Perkins happened to Perkins. He was NEVER a smart guy, that's 1 thing. He's one of the stupidest players in history. Tough... yeah he's tough. But stupid... oh so ****ing stupid. and slow. and uncoordinated. and ugly. and fat.

I don't know if Perkins was ever a 'good' player, or if he benefited by playing with some of the greatest players ever, namely Kevin Garnett.

10ppg on 60%? WOW.... 5 open dunks a game.... more than he got in OKC.

Sharmer
07-01-2015, 08:47 PM
I know he tore is ACL, but this can be rehabbed, especially with all the medical resources available.

Maybe it was the combo of Rondo and the all the floor spacing because those Boston teams were stacked with shooting depth, which exaggerated his production.

If anyone did watch the Magic series, he was huge against D12. But even defensively now, he's totally collapsed.