PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce to sign with Clipps

Hey Yo
07-01-2015, 08:28 PM
"Paul Pierce will join his hometown Los Angeles Clippers after agreeing to a three-year, $10.6 million deal, sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

The Clippers only had their taxpayer minimum to offer him, and that was enough to lure him from the Washington Wizards, with whom he proved to be every bit the veteran leader they had hoped in the postseason.

He shot 52.4 percent from behind the arc during the playoffs and bumped his points per game average from 11.9 in the regular season to 14.6 for the postseason.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/13184239/2015-nba-free-agency-los-angeles-clippers-sign-paul-pierce

Braincells
07-01-2015, 08:29 PM
This might be Chris Paul's ticket to the WCF. No more colossal chokejobs.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2015, 08:33 PM
If they hold onto Deandre...Clips looking stong af.

Paul/Rivers
Redick/Crawford
Pierce/Stephenson/Hedo
Griffin/Big Baby
Jordan/Udoh

Flexin.

Fudge
07-01-2015, 08:34 PM
This no facial hair havin' ass is going to play till he's 41?

TheBigVeto
07-01-2015, 08:45 PM
This might be Chris Paul's ticket to the WCF. No more colossal chokejobs.

This.
While CP3 was the biggest choker in last playoffs, PP was the biggest clutch player. Hold this W, Clipper fans!

Funktion
07-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Pierce will be lucky to stay out of trouble in L.A.

Budadiiii
07-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Dude just needs to retire.

Can't handle his emotional mood swings anymore. 1 minute he's yelling in the mic "I called game!!!" and the next he's in the locker room depressed, bald, ugly, and most likely smelling like some straight up shit.

Just leave, dude. You're not winning another ring.

Hey Yo
07-01-2015, 08:59 PM

Paul/Rivers
Redick/Crawford
Pierce/Stephenson/Hedo
Griffin/Big Baby
Jordan/Udoh

Flexin.
Might make DJ think a little more before making his......decision

Sharmer
07-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Pierce is a baller, but if the Clippers think that relying on this 37yo to get them over the line, they are being deluded.

raprap
07-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Stacked.

K Xerxes
07-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Way too many chokers for PP to save. Maybe in his prime he could have dragged the Clips kicking and screaming, but not this decrepit washed up version.

alanLA92
07-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Should of went over there last year but I guess destroying the Raptors in the Leastern Conference first round two years in a row was "too good" to pass up. :lol

Derka
07-01-2015, 10:06 PM
3 YEARS?! Holy hell. Its cheap money for a player like Truth who showed during this last playoffs that he is still someone you can plug into a tough situation and he'll get you the bucket you absolutely need...

But there's no way he plays all three of those years.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-01-2015, 10:07 PM
If Pierce is anywhere NEAR the level he played at this last postseason (hitting ridiculous clutch shots and all), I'll be one stoked motherf*cka. :cheers:

red1
07-01-2015, 10:08 PM
king in the south?

J Shuttlesworth
07-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Damn. Please get DJ back :applause:

Sharmer
07-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Pierce was looking old in Boston, not a good move. Whilst I accept Pierce was outstanding in the playoffs, the future should be designed around some fresh legs.

PickernRoller
07-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Ring chasing is the new motto of this league. Not to mention collusion (Heat/Spurs). No exception to the rule, except the only true alpha of the 2000's. Happens to be a Laker.

SwishSquared
07-01-2015, 10:45 PM
3 YEARS?! Holy hell. Its cheap money for a player like Truth who showed during this last playoffs that he is still someone you can plug into a tough situation and he'll get you the bucket you absolutely need...

But there's no way he plays all three of those years.Last year is non-guaranteed team option I think. LAC probably doesn't expect him to play past 2 years I'm guessing.

rmt
07-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Great pickup for the Clips - clutch, championship experience, former franchise player - maybe he's who they need to take them over the hump. They're looking more formidable. And the West just keeps getting better.

clipps
07-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Pierce and Stephenson are solid pickups. Crawford is probably on his way out. He was atrocious in the playoffs.

SpecialQue
07-02-2015, 12:39 AM
If they hang onto DJ, this team's gonna be tearing rectal tissue next season. It's weird, there's going to be probably around 5 legit title contenders in the West.

ClipperRevival
07-02-2015, 12:45 AM
Huge signing. He'll provide leadership and balls in crunch situations in the playoffs and that will rub off on his teammates. Maybe that will be enough to advance further because let's face it, they choked two straight years in historic fashion. With a guy like Pierce, the chances of something like that happening go way down. I don't even look for him to be that impactful during the regular season. This signing was all about the playoffs and crunch situations.

wally_world
07-02-2015, 01:14 AM
I think it is only 3 years because Clips only have that 3M+ to sign a player, and he can retire after a year or two and still get paid what he rightfully would have wanted.

tragicbronson
07-02-2015, 01:56 AM
This.
While CP3 was the biggest choker in last playoffs, PP was the biggest clutch player. Hold this W, Clipper fans!

I don't know how the heroics he did in game 7 vs spurs is considerd choke job while he singlehandedly won that game barely being able to play and then hit that amazing game winner.:confusedshrug:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-02-2015, 02:01 AM
a year late...........but Docs dumb@zz wanted Hawes SMH

Paul/Rivers
Redick/Crawford
Pierce/Stephenson/Hedo
Griffin/Big Baby
Jordan/Udoh

Flexin.
Rivers, Crawford, Hedo, Big Baby and Udoh?
lmfao theyre garbage Clips worst bench in the league will bite em in the @zz again

Kobe_6/8
07-02-2015, 02:04 AM
I don't know how the heroics he did in game 7 vs spursis considerd choke job while he singlehandedly won that game barely being able to play and then hit that amazing game winner.:confusedshrug:

Chris Paul: 1st round heroics

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 02:04 AM
That

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 02:10 AM
a year late...........but Docs dumb@zz wanted Hawes SMH

Rivers, Crawford, Hedo, Big Baby and Udoh?
lmfao theyre garbage Clips worst bench in the league will bite em in the @zz again

Rivers, Crawford, and Big Baby are garbage now? And Hedo is more of a veteran presence, plus he did his job last season. No one expected him to come in and play 30 minutes/game, he comes in for like 10 minutes, hits a three or a couple of shots, spreads the ball and then sits down. 43% from 3, and most of his shots made were 3's. He's there for depth. Udoh idk about.

bdreason
07-02-2015, 02:11 AM
It's a great signing, especially at that price. I'm sure Clipps wish they had PP last season.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE=Sharmer]That

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 02:21 AM
Last year's not guaranteed. So more like ~$6.7M for 2 years. He was set to make ~$5M with the Wizards had he opted-in. He could have gotten this same deal from several teams imo. Not as bad as it sounds. Would have been better if he took vet min but oh well. GM Doc gonna do his thing.

He

Young X
07-02-2015, 02:26 AM
Rivers, Crawford, and Big Baby are garbage now? And Hedo is more of a veteran presence, plus he did his job last season. No one expected him to come in and play 30 minutes/game, he comes in for like 10 minutes, hits a three or a couple of shots, spreads the ball and then sits down. 43% from 3, and most of his shots made were 3's. He's there for depth. Udoh idk about.ALL of those guys are horrible players. Especially Crawford.

I like this signing though, Pierce is an upgrade over Barnes and has championship experience. There's no way he'll be as bad as that f*ggot Barnes was the playoffs this season.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 02:38 AM
He’s never been a good defender, but now that he is older he looks like he has bricks in his pocket and is a major liability. There're almost zero reasons besides ‘veteran leadership’ he can provide at this point. It’s a sad last chapter of a Hall of Fame career. I’ve been saying Doc needs 3 HOFers to win but meant 3 in their prime. It will be fun watching another failed season. Hopefully, then people will recognize Doc as being the most overrated coach in the game that he is. So tired of the bogus accolades he receives.So many people on this board have slammed the moves Doc has made as a GM. He's a great motivator, can draw up nice ATO plays, and is mediocre at in-game adjustments. He's a bad GM.

Also, Pierce defensively only can hold up as a PF for an entire season. That's pretty accepted I thought. Doc's hoping Lance is a defensive upgrade from Barnes at SF. Pierce at least gives them that sage vet presence to keep things smooth and help focus guys up. He was a downgrade from Ariza in Washington but he helped the young guys grow some. Also, Doc signs guys he's familiar with. He's proven that.

I was only pointing out his contract to you b/c it's not as bad as it seems. I thought Doc maybe could convince Pierce to take the vet min and save the mini MLE for another need.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 02:42 AM
So many people on this board have slammed the moves Doc has made as a GM. He's a great motivator, can draw up nice ATO plays, and is mediocre at in-game adjustments. He's a bad GM.

Also, Pierce defensively only can hold up as a PF for an entire season. That's pretty accepted I thought. Doc's hoping Lance is a defensive upgrade from Barnes at SF. Pierce at least gives them that sage vet presence to keep things smooth and help focus guys up. He was a downgrade from Ariza in Washington but he helped the young guys grow some. Also, Doc signs guys he's familiar with. He's proven that.

I was only pointing out his contract to you b/c it's not as bad as it seems. I thought Doc maybe could convince Pierce to take the vet min and save the mini MLE for another need.

I just find Doc as GM is ridiculous, a good bullshit artist can go far in life. Next thing he is going to go after Rondo. So they have nut job Stephenson and Pierce coming off the bench now.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 02:43 AM
I just find Doc as GM is ridiculous, a good bullshit artist can go far in life. Next thing he is going to go after Rondo. So they have nut job Stephenson and Pierce coming off the bench now.People on this board could have better managed the Clippers' balance sheet and picks than Doc has. No kidding. And he's going after Perkins, which just shows what kind of guys he wants hahah

Thunderfan86
07-02-2015, 02:48 AM
Pierce was looking old in Boston, not a good move. Whilst I accept Pierce was outstanding in the playoffs, the future should be designed around some fresh legs.
It is a good move IMO.....they're only paying him chump change so it's not that much of a risk.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 02:50 AM
It is a good move IMO.....they're only paying him chump change so it's not that much of a risk.

They offered double what the Wizards did.

KelticForce1349
07-02-2015, 02:54 AM

But there's no way he plays all three of those years.

3 years does seem like a long time for his age, but I think the amount of money is correct. Many people will disagree with me, but this is a perfect example of why I think Chicago paid too much for Dunleavy.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-02-2015, 03:26 AM
Rivers, Crawford, and Big Baby are garbage now? And Hedo is more of a veteran presence, plus he did his job last season. No one expected him to come in and play 30 minutes/game, he comes in for like 10 minutes, hits a three or a couple of shots, spreads the ball and then sits down. 43% from 3, and most of his shots made were 3's. He's there for depth. Udoh idk about.
In what world arent they garbage?
Big Baby cant walk fullcourt 5 times before gassing, is too fat to play D
Crawford takes 15 shots and 6 flops a game to score 16-18pts and hes one of the worst defenders in NBA
Austin Rivers...............do i honestly have to explain that?

lmfao @ ur description for Hedo. Jalen Rose could come out of retirement and contribute more than him dude is so washed its not even funny

senelcoolidge
07-02-2015, 03:40 AM
It's a very good deal for the Clippers, especially come playoff time. They still need another SF and big. The last year has a team option. Pierce will likely retire with the Celtics so he'll be traded before this contract expires.

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 03:51 AM
It's a very good deal for the Clippers, especially come playoff time. They still need another SF and big. The last year has a team option. Pierce will likely retire with the Celtics so he'll be traded before this contract expires.

Danny Ainge doesn't believe in sentiment, no way, he's not going to be back in green.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 01:06 PM
They offered double what the Wizards did.

Marc J. SpearsVerified account
‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Wizards offered Paul Pierce 2-year deal paying $6.6M next season w/team option for 2nd season, source said. Helps in KDurant chase next yearThis offseason they nearly offered double what the Clippers offered. Wiz wanted him to re-up once he become a FA, but they were wanting him to opt-in to the last deal of his contract at ~$5M before FA began. Wizards gave him ~$10M over 2 years last offseason.

Clippers are paying him ~$3.3M for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018. Last year is not guaranteed. So either you have a problem with 2 guaranteed years, him not taking the vet min as opposed to the mini MLE (which he could have gotten from nearly any contending team in the luxury tax), or his age/fit on this LAC team. Which parts bother you? I'm curious. Clips just got him for 2 years what Washington offered for 1 season.

RidonKs
07-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Pierce and Stephenson are solid pickups. Crawford is probably on his way out. He was atrocious in the playoffs.
really? i thought everyone loved him. i think he would fit great next to stephenson on the second unit.

crawford
reddick
rivers
stephenson
jordan

that's a fun lineup right there, when it would work which isn't very often

imnew09
07-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Lol 3 years.... ***** 37 and only plays like 20 mins in Reg season....

Clippers HOLD tHIS L and suck a d***

LoneyROY7
07-02-2015, 02:07 PM
WE. GOT. DIS.

Let Crawford go, re-sign DJ, and it's a f*cking WRAP.

Game. B*TCHES.

Mirror
07-02-2015, 02:09 PM
This works if DJ stays. Otherwise, not that awesome.