PDA

View Full Version : Greg Monroe to the Bucks, per Woj

Proctor
07-02-2015, 11:02 AM
:rockon:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Free agent Greg Monroe will sign a maximum contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

DukeDelonte13
07-02-2015, 11:03 AM
holy moly!

Ca$H
07-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Nice. Great young core.

DukeDelonte13
07-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Were the Knicks pursuing him?

PJR
He made a sound basketball decision. I'm sure Kidd made a heck of an impression.

imnew09
Niceee.

Hey Yo
07-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Were the Knicks pursuing him?
Yes.....sports talk this morning said that he was the first FA player NY reached out to. Not sure if he was offered a deal or not, though.

fiddy
07-02-2015, 11:14 AM
wtf

UK2K
07-02-2015, 11:15 AM
:roll:

kshutts1
07-02-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't understand the signing.
What position does Monroe play? PF.
What position does Parker play? PF.
Play them both together? Fine, whatever. Who defends the post?

So now...
MCW I guess?
Giannis
Middleton
Parker
Monroe

Ugh. Give me Henson in that starting spot, or another C like Robin Lopez, Kosta Koufos... and I love it. But Monroe? WTF does he bring that the team didn't have?

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Wow. Lakers and Knicks eschewed so a free agent can go to Milwaukee. Never thought I would see the day. But what a day it is.

I'll make room on my bandwagon for anyone who wants to beat the rush.

#2019NBACHAMPS

brownmamba00
07-02-2015, 11:18 AM
didn't want him on the lakers personally but damn knicks and lakers FO's takin L's this off-season.

Myth
07-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Damn, goodbye Aldridge. Not that I think Monroe was a good fit next to him, but getting somebody considered quality would have helped our chances of keeping him.

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 11:19 AM
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/mjlol.png

Rose'sACL
07-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Overpaid. He doesn't deserve max.

Jailblazers7
07-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Interesting fit for the Bucks. They have the reverse of what you would typically imagine when building a defense. Super long and ranging perimeter guys so they can probably get away with throwing out a front line that sacrifices on rim protection.

Bucks are definitely a LP pick for me next year.

Knicks101
07-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Think this cements Aldridge to the Knicks. :applause: lol

Charlie Sheen
07-02-2015, 11:27 AM

So now...
MCW I guess?
Giannis
Middleton
Parker
Monroe

Ugh. Give me Henson in that starting spot, or another C like Robin Lopez, Kosta Koufos... and I love it. But Monroe? WTF does he bring that the team didn't have?

Monroe just has to be smart, play angles and position himself well. Giannis is gonna be tasked with a much heavier responsibility on defense to cover a lot of ground in a help, roaming role. Kidd is creative, I've got all the belief in the world he'll make this work in his favor.

PP34Deuce
07-02-2015, 11:29 AM

So now...
MCW I guess?
Giannis
Middleton
Parker
Monroe

They are moving Giannis to the 2 i believe. parker at the 3. Monroe is going to flourish because defensively, eh doesn't have to worry as much. He has defenders.

GIF REACTION
07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Monroe can be extremely effective if he is really active setting ball screens... One of the better post players in the league, he can do damage

kshutts1
07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
They are moving Giannis to the 2 i believe. parker at the 3. Monroe is going to flourish because defensively, eh doesn't have to worry as much. He has defenders.
So if Parker is 3, then does that mean Middleton is 4? Doesn't matter... Parker and Monroe still strike me as similar offensive games in that (and solely in that) they operate larger in the paint expanded out to 15'. Just seems like an odd fit.

And that's on offense! Where the team is pretty set. But D? I can't wrap my head around that. OK, so building a defense backwards.... but will that matter? With elite shooting, the wings can't help DOWN too often, so any team that can toss it inside (admittedly not many) will do well against this Bucks roster.

And all those reservations, and I have not even touched on the (likely) exorbitant contract for a player that should be your 3rd, or even FOURTH!, best player in a year.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:34 AM
I don't hate this, but don't love it either.

That seems like a favorable contract for Monroe. A player option in year 3? Playing on a team he's going to be featured quite a bit?

Dude is gonna take that option and get another huge payday again in 2 years once the cap explodes. I feel like the real value with a guy like Monroe here would have been to get him as long as possible, but perhaps that was impossible.

Bucks could be a really freaking nice team as well.

UK2K
07-02-2015, 11:35 AM

Absolutely not.

FireDavidKahn
07-02-2015, 11:36 AM
It's a 3 year deal.:confusedshrug: If the experiment doesn't work out it really isn't a big deal considering how short the contract is. 3/50 for Monroe is fine for a team like the Bucks. He provides some much needed offense.

morbius
07-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Really weird signing. Monroe is a good offensive weapon, but Bucks have no lack of offence. He is also an awful defender, so how does he fit on a team that prides itself on length and pestering defence? Sanders was actually a perfect C for them, too bad he is crazy. Risky move for the franchise, this probably puts them close to luxury, even after dropping Ilyasova. Monroe might end up being next Drew Gooden for them.

It does make sense for Monroe, though. LAL and NYK probably tried to haggle with him, he spurned them for a team that gave him the max.

ShackEelOKneel
07-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Think this cements Aldridge to the Knicks. :applause: lol
:lol

Knicks and Lakers fans are 2 peas in a pod.

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 12:28 PM

So now...
MCW I guess?
Giannis
Middleton
Parker
Monroe

You are missing the entire purpose and identity of the Bucks. If they can switch everything (and with Monroe it gets tricky) you can't just put thim into a PnR and make them scramble. They were the #2 D in the NBA and all their guys are kids. When they mature they are going to be FANTASTIC defensively. A 6'7" PG, a 6'8" SG, a 7' guy that can defend 2/3/4/5, a 6'9" scorer, and now a 6'11" PF/C.

And I scoff at the notion that a 6'11" 250lb man cannot play C in todays NBA. What C in the east can't he defend? If there are any Zaza will play more that day. NBD.

Droid101
07-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Really weird signing. Monroe is a good offensive weapon, but Bucks have no lack of offence.
hm. I think they had the 4th best defense and 26 best offense last year off the top of my head.

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Really weird signing. Monroe is a good offensive weapon, but Bucks have no lack of offence. He is also an awful defender, so how does he fit on a team that prides itself on length and pestering defence? Sanders was actually a perfect C for them, too bad he is crazy. Risky move for the franchise, this probably puts them close to luxury, even after dropping Ilyasova. Monroe might end up being next Drew Gooden for them.

It does make sense for Monroe, though. LAL and NYK probably tried to haggle with him, he spurned them for a team that gave him the max.

The Bucks ABSOLUTELY have a lack of offense. They were the #4 defense in the NBA (and 2nd in some metrics) and were #26 in offense.

Close to luxury? WTF?
Player 15-16
MONROE $15,800,000
MIDDLETON $12,000,000
MAYO $8,000,000
VASQUEZ $6,600,000
PACHULIA $5,200,000
PARKER $5,152,440
DUDLEY $4,250,000
BAYLESS $3,000,000
HENSON $2,943,221
CARTER-WILLIAMS $2,399,040
PLUMLEE $2,109,294
SANDERS BUYOUT $1,865,546
GIANNIS $1,953,960
ENNIS $1,662,360
VAUGHN $1,444,200
INGLIS $855,000
JOB $845,059

PROJECTED SALARY CAP $69,000,000
COMMITTED SALARY $76,080,120
CAP SPACE -$7,080,120
EXPIRING CONTRACTS $32,102,515

CJ Mustard
07-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Really weird signing. Monroe is a good offensive weapon, but Bucks have no lack of offence..
:biggums:

Bobcats2013
07-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Huge signing for the Bucks. That team is on that come up big time.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't hate this, but don't love it either.

That seems like a favorable contract for Monroe. A player option in year 3? Playing on a team he's going to be featured quite a bit?

Dude is gonna take that option and get another huge payday again in 2 years once the cap explodes. I feel like the real value with a guy like Monroe here would have been to get him as long as possible, but perhaps that was impossible.

Bucks could be a really freaking nice team as well.He apparently was only seeking short term deals so I guess Bucks wanted to land a top end low post threat with the cap space they created and pounced on him. I don't love this move exactly because I thought they'd go for a guy like Koufos, who would bring better D/worse O. I don't love his fit on this team, but I can see why they did it after missing out on Chandler/Bropez/DJ.

Bucks did need somebody who could get them some buckets and I guess with Jabari returning and Monroe in the fold now, that should juice their offense. I think their defense will suffer, but maybe Monroe can be coaxed into trying more on defense. I think Middleton & Giannis will be roaming a ton to make up for Jabari/Monroe.

I'm also interested to see Inglis get some minutes. In 2014 draft he was touted as being able to guard 2-4. I picture Bucks continuing to play 1-in/4-out with all their rangy perimeter defenders.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 12:53 PM
He apparently was only seeking short term deals so I guess Bucks wanted to land a top end low post threat with the cap space they created and pounced on him. I don't love this move exactly because I thought they'd go for a guy like Koufos, who would bring better D/worse O. I don't love his fit on this team, but I can see why they did it after missing out on Chandler/Bropez/DJ.

Bucks did need somebody who could get them some buckets and I guess with Jabari returning and Monroe in the fold now, that should juice their offense. I think their defense will suffer, but maybe Monroe can be coaxed into trying more on defense. I think Middleton & Giannis will be roaming a ton to make up for Jabari/Monroe.

I'm also interested to see Inglis get some minutes. In 2014 draft he was touted as being able to guard 2-4. I picture Bucks continuing to play 1-in/4-out with all their rangy perimeter defenders.

Yea...I actually don't mind the fit that much. It's not ideal, but I also think they can get really creative. I like Henson on this team as well...he's still locked in for this coming year right?

Monroe seems to have quite a bit of gamble in him. Love it honestly. He goes to this team and produces the next couple years? He's getting a full on 5 year max deal likely at age 26 two summers from now...or at lest a full 4 year max from somebody else.

He clearly has no problem betting on himself....and now he's in a great position to do it again.

Milbuck
07-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Did the Bucks really just beat out NY and LA for a free agent?

https://i.imgur.com/JAoyUGi.gif

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Yea...I actually don't mind the fit that much. It's not ideal, but I also think they can get really creative. I like Henson on this team as well...he's still locked in for this coming year right?

Monroe seems to have quite a bit of gamble in him. Love it honestly. He goes to this team and produces the next couple years? He's getting a full on 5 year max deal likely at age 26 two summers from now...or at lest a full 4 year max from somebody else.

He clearly has no problem betting on himself....and now he's in a great position to do it again.

Henson is an RFA after this season. Most of us (Bucks fans) want him gone. He gets pushed under the basket by almost all opposing Cs, most of his blocks come at the expense of rim integrity, his is injury prone, is worthless from outside 5 feet. He has the length to play on the team and could still be a valuable bench big but the ship has sailed on him being a significant contributor to a contender.

Make no mistake about it. In 3-6 years this team is a contender.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Henson is an RFA after this season. Most of us (Bucks fans) want him gone. He gets pushed under the basket by almost all opposing Cs, most of his blocks come at the expense of rim integrity, his is injury prone, is worthless from outside 5 feet. He has the length to play on the team and could still be a valuable bench big but the ship has sailed on him being a significant contributor to a contender.

Make no mistake about it. In 3-6 years this team is a contender.

Henson could be a valuable 15 to 20 mpg guy off the bench on a contender though...right?

When I've seen him play he certainly strikes me as a guy like that.

That is the role I was talking about him in...not a featured role or anything.

Maybe I'm off here...I haven't seen him play night in night out, but when I do...he strikes me as a guy that could make a nice impact for 15 to 20 or so minutes per game in the playoffs. Which has real value imo.

Bernkastel
07-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Milwaukee is the new LA.

Milbuck
07-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Henson could be a valuable 15 to 20 mpg guy off the bench on a contender though...right?

Maybe I'm off here...I haven't seen him play night in night out, but when I do...he strikes me as a guy that could make a nice impact for 15 to 20 or so minutes per game in the playoffs. Which has real value imo.
He would do well in a role where there's minimal expectations, he doesn't have to play the most meaningful minutes (crunch time), and he's playing against bench guys who can't bully him around all the time. Every now and then he'll come out super engaged and play like he has a set of balls, and he'll look like an elite defensive big..like he did at times against Chicago in the playoffs. But then eventually he'll regress back into the mediocre IQ, lack of motivation, soft, twig of a center he always is. You probably caught him on a good night lol

I do agree he would be perfect as a 15-18 minute big off of San Antonio or Cleveland's bench. Mainly because of the culture and coaching in place, he'd actually have to care and play with intensity to get minutes. He would have great players and a great system so he would get spoonfed buckets and wouldn't have to use that overplayed lefty hook all the time.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 01:19 PM

He clearly has no problem betting on himself....and now he's in a great position to do it again.You're very right- after taking he QO he eschewed the longest max b/c he feels so confident in himself- he could make absolute BANK when the cap is at $120M in a couple years. I guess it helps that for the past 2 years he's only played on 1 side of the court :lol

I think Henson is probably a career backup but I can definitely see him being a solid 18mpg guy who can spark a team if he plays with energy. Dive to rim on PnRs, use his awkward lanky frame to defend, etc. He'll keep getting better I bet under Kidd and his staff. His top assistant is very sharp and started doing some funky stuff defensively with him (Lowe wrote a good piece on the Bucks a few months ago that detailed specifics that I can't remember lol).

Might be drinking cool-aid too much but Milwaukee should probably get to 2nd round, right? I mean they need to be healthy + peaking at right time, but they have some really good offensive players to match the D. Plus, they have close to $20M coming off the books next summer. They can re-tool their bench then too.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 01:21 PM
You're very right- after taking he QO he eschewed the longest max b/c he feels so confident in himself- he could make absolute BANK when the cap is at $120M in a couple years. I guess it helps that for the past 2 years he's only played on 1 side of the court :lol

I think Henson is probably a career backup but I can definitely see him being a solid 18mpg guy who can spark a team with his energy. Dive to rim on PnRs, use his awkward lanky frame to defend, etc. He'll keep getting better I bet under Kidd and his staff. His top assistant is very sharp and started doing some funky stuff defensively with him (Lowe wrote a good piece on the Bucks a few months ago that detailed this).

Might be drinking cool-aid too much but Milwaukee should probably get to 2nd round, right? I mean they need to be healthy + peaking at right time, but they have some really good offensive players to match the D. Plus, they have close to $20M coming off the books next summer. They can re-tool their bench then too.

Agreed.

Depends on how good Jabari is. If that guy gives you close to EV as the 2nd pick....the Bucks are going to be monsters for a long long long time.

I'm excited to watch this team...I already really enjoyed them...now it will be even more fun.

RRR3
07-02-2015, 01:23 PM
He would do well in a role where there's minimal expectations, he doesn't have to play the most meaningful minutes (crunch time), and he's playing against bench guys who can't bully him around all the time. Every now and then he'll come out super engaged and play like he has a set of balls, and he'll look like an elite defensive big..like he did at times against Chicago in the playoffs. But then eventually he'll regress back into the mediocre IQ, lack of motivation, soft, twig of a center he always is. You probably caught him on a good night lol

I do agree he would be perfect as a 15-18 minute big off of San Antonio or Cleveland's bench. Mainly because of the culture and coaching in place, he'd actually have to care and play with intensity to get minutes. He would have great players and a great system so he would get spoonfed buckets and wouldn't have to use that overplayed lefty hook all the time.
Hey, man, you never told me (or I forgot to look) what you thought about your draft? I imagine you wanted Dekker haha.

Monroe should be good for you guys; you have a "beast to throw the ball to down low" (to quote Stephon Marbury) which should help you guys immensely in the half-court. Also, Jabari will obviously help score in the half-court as well, which was the main problem I saw for y'all in the playoffs.

Droid101
07-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Monroe should be good for you guys; you have a "beast to throw the ball to down low" (to quote Stephon Marbury) which should help you guys immensely in the half-court.
Saw this:

Monroe ranked 5th in the NBA with 415 points scored on post-up plays last season. Milwaukee scored 426 post-up points COMBINED last season, good for 25th in the league.

RRR3
07-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Saw this:
Damn, that RRR3 dude should be a GM. :biggums:

morbius
07-02-2015, 01:26 PM
hm. I think they had the 4th best defense and 26 best offense last year off the top of my head.

My bad. What I meant to say is that I don't expect the Bucks will have problem on offence in the coming season, because their young guns are expected to improve. It was bad this year, but Parker will get healthy and become a 20 ppg player at some point.

RoseCity07
07-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Didn't like Monroe but just found out he had a solid year. PER of 21. Decent FT shooter. 16/10.

I just don't understand why he didn't put up more on Detroit.

Droid101
07-02-2015, 01:28 PM
My bad. What I meant to say is that I don't expect the Bucks will have problem on offence in the coming season, because their young guns are expected to improve. It was bad this year, but Parker will get healthy and become a 20 ppg player at some point.
Jabari handsome AF

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/assets/4854398/Rookies-small.jpeg

ShackEelOKneel
07-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Lakers offered him a max contract:

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne

Milbuck
07-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Hey, man, you never told me (or I forgot to look) what you thought about your draft? I imagine you wanted Dekker haha.

Monroe should be good for you guys; you have a "beast to throw the ball to down low" (to quote Stephon Marbury) which should help you guys immensely in the half-court. Also, Jabari will obviously help score in the half-court as well, which was the main problem I saw for y'all in the playoffs.
I'm meh about it. I thought Dekker would be gone before our pick tbh. I really wanted Portis...reports were he's still growing, dude could end up being a 7', mobile, floor spacing center..would be perfect here. I had a feeling passing on him for a guard meant Hammond knew he might have something in FA. But Vaughn is a typical Hammond pick anyways...super young, best potential at that spot. Dude has talent no doubt. Can handle, light it up from range, has a really good scoring feel. He could develop into a really nice 6th man behind our core. Not the ideal pick but I like Vaughn.

I actually like this Monroe signing a lot. Idk how anyone who saw us in the playoffs can't think this won't be HUGE for our offense. From all reports Jabari is absolutely beasting in his rehab so he should be another shot creator. Giannis with a jumper next year should be a stud. Inglis is a wild card..check him out.

MCW / Vasquez / Bayless / Ennis
Middleton / Mayo / Vaughn / Vaughn
Jabari / Duds / Inglis
Giannis / Monroe / JOB
Monroe / Henson / Zaza / Plumlee

If the young guys develop well and we don't get wrecked by injuries that's potentially a 2nd round team in the East imo.

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 01:34 PM

Sure. And its still a relatively important role.

I think of him as a poor mans Brandon Wright. Rolls well, fairly active and long. He just can't bang for extended minutes. And the world is moving away from 4s who just clog the middle on offense.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Agreed.

Depends on how good Jabari is. If that guy gives you close to EV as the 2nd pick....the Bucks are going to be monsters for a long long long time.

I'm excited to watch this team...I already really enjoyed them...now it will be even more fun.I think Jabari is the real deal offensively and I think he will be able to add a decent 3 point shot going forward (will be necessary imo on this roster). His defense scares me, but hopefully he didn't lose much lateral quickness. Noel looks quick as ever after his ACL tear, so knocking on wood that Jabari comes out ok. Bucks' D took off after he went down, but I don't expect good defense from rookies anyway.

If he is, the D improves, & he's in good shape, I think you're getting close to EV out of his draft position. Bucks backed into building a contender basically and I'm definitely watching this team next year. One of my 5 fav teams to watch probably.

Also want to see if Kidd's staff uses Giannis as a small ball 5 for the heck of it. They broke out the Jabari/Giannis PF/C combo some, but I think it could work in a 3 minute spurt to ignite a run. He doesn't have the lower body heft like Draymond, but this dude is so tall/long and seems wiry strong.

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm meh about it. I thought Dekker would be gone before our pick tbh. I really wanted Portis...reports were he's still growing, dude could end up being a 7', mobile, floor spacing center..would be perfect here. I had a feeling passing on him for a guard meant Hammond knew he might have something in FA. But Vaughn is a typical Hammond pick anyways...super young, best potential at that spot. Dude has talent no doubt. Can handle, light it up from range, has a really good scoring feel. He could develop into a really nice 6th man behind our core. Not the ideal pick but I like Vaughn.

I actually like this Monroe signing a lot. Idk how anyone who saw us in the playoffs can't think this won't be HUGE for our offense. From all reports Jabari is absolutely beasting in his rehab so he should be another shot creator. Giannis with a jumper next year should be a stud. Inglis is a wild card..check him out.

MCW / Vasquez / Vaughn / Ennis
Middleton / Mayo / Bayless / Vaughn
Jabari / Duds / Inglis
Giannis / Monroe / JOB

If the young guys develop well and we don't get wrecked by injuries that's potentially a 2nd round team in the East imo.

I don't even care about this year. I just want to buy season tix for 3-8 years from now. Such a great outlook for a team that has really never had that. Just get Jabari going, Giannis improving, etc. Need to see the youngsters continue to develop.

Milbuck
07-02-2015, 01:44 PM
I don't even care about this year. I just want to buy season tix for 3-8 years from now. Such a great outlook for a team that has really never had that. Just get Jabari going, Giannis improving, etc. Need to see the youngsters continue to develop.
Jabari is going to destroy teams this year, once he shakes the rust off. I still remember early in the year when Kidd was figuring out his rotations, Jabari would get taken out at random times, play like 10 minutes stretches then sit for like 12 minutes even if he had it going. It's actually impressive to me that he cracked 12 ppg lol. With big minutes and a bigger role he's going to kill it. You just know he's sick of all the Wiggins hype.

I still can't believe he got max offers from NY and LA and he chose us. Not trying to kick those teams when they're down but it's pretty awesome having players like Monroe choosing trying to win in a small-market over playing in a massive market.

Pointguard
07-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Got to love how the Bucks use height/length. One of the few teams constructed this way. If they had more offense they would be the idea team to beat the Cavs who are susceptible to length. Middleton, Giannis and Parker will all make a big leap offensively, within the next two years so who knows when they make the contender leap. You have to love a young team that gets after it on defense. They will flat out stifle teams.

The Monroe piece is ok, a bit of a rush knowing that the three mentioned above are perhaps a year away.

RRR3
07-02-2015, 01:56 PM

MCW / Vasquez / Bayless / Ennis
Middleton / Mayo / Vaughn / Vaughn
Jabari / Duds / Inglis
Giannis / Monroe / JOB

:applause: :applause: :applause: Exactly. Hopefully, Giannis can improve his scoring skills in the half court as well. Already the GOAT greek born player :dancin

Pointguard
07-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Ii think Monroe plays better in an aggressive environment. Kidd keeps them playing hard. I think he will be better in Milwaukee than Detroit.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't make sense to move Middleton to the 2 spot (all the skills a SG needs) and have Parker as a SF? I thought when they drafted him he was in fact a SF anyway? Giannis can come off the bench, because Parker > Giannis and there is no way you're gonna bench a dude with a 70m contract, shit would be ludicrous. Also, no they all cannot start together, Monroe and Parker as the front court is too much of a liability.

fiddy
07-02-2015, 03:32 PM
let him rot in Milwaukee, dumb mfer

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 03:35 PM
let him rot in Milwaukee, dumb mfer

A team full of young talent on the uptick or 36+ year old Kobe plus 2 unproven rookies and D-leaguers.

"rot" :lol

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Wouldn't make sense to move Middleton to the 2 spot (all the skills a SG needs) and have Parker as a SF? I thought when they drafted him he was in fact a SF anyway? Giannis can come off the bench, because Parker > Giannis and there is no way you're gonna bench a dude with a 70m contract, shit would be ludicrous. Also, no they all cannot start together, Monroe and Parker as the front court is too much of a liability.

Move Middleton? He played 85% of his minutes at the 2 last year.

Giannis and Jabari man the 3/4 and Giannis guards the better offensive player. And the 6'11" 250lb Monroe can absolutely play C. And avg 20/13 per 36 with a really good DRAPM as just that when Drummond wasn't on the floor with him.

fiddy
07-02-2015, 03:37 PM
A team full of young talent on the uptick or 36+ year old Kobe plus 2 unproven rookies and D-leaguers.

"rot" :lol
So what? Nobody coming out of the Least but Lebran :confusedshrug:

bluechox2
07-02-2015, 03:38 PM
The Bucks ABSOLUTELY have a lack of offense. They were the #4 defense in the NBA (and 2nd in some metrics) and were #26 in offense.

Close to luxury? WTF?
Player 15-16
MONROE $15,800,000
MIDDLETON $12,000,000
MAYO $8,000,000
VASQUEZ $6,600,000
PACHULIA $5,200,000
PARKER $5,152,440
DUDLEY $4,250,000
BAYLESS $3,000,000
HENSON $2,943,221
CARTER-WILLIAMS $2,399,040
PLUMLEE $2,109,294
SANDERS BUYOUT $1,865,546
GIANNIS $1,953,960
ENNIS $1,662,360
VAUGHN $1,444,200
INGLIS $855,000
JOB $845,059

PROJECTED SALARY CAP $69,000,000
COMMITTED SALARY $76,080,120
CAP SPACE -$7,080,120
EXPIRING CONTRACTS $32,102,515

how could they go over the cap...?

fiddy
07-02-2015, 03:39 PM
RFA?

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 03:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI7plkrW8AAkqmE.jpg

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/whew.png

HurricaneKid
07-02-2015, 03:41 PM

The cap hold on Middleton is like 1M. So they sign Monroe, finalize the deal for Midz. SOP in the NBA.

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 03:43 PM

So he shouldn't give it a shot? Better than playing for a bottom team like the Lakers in one of the toughest conferences in history, right?

fiddy
07-02-2015, 03:45 PM
So he shouldn't give it a shot? Better than playing for a bottom team like the Lakers in one of the toughest conferences in history, right?
So Monroe is a рussy that runs away from challenges? Go hard or go home, mitch made clown.

MCW is garbage, Jabari is pretty much a rookie, Middleton unproven, this team is not going anywhere but a first round exit

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 03:47 PM
So Monroe is a рussy that runs away from challenges? Go hard or go home, mitch made clown.

You gotta start somewhere, dude. How many times are you Lakers fans going to keep calling every big-name FA who turns you guys down a p*ssy? :facepalm

I hope you're prepared to brand Westbrook and Durant pussys for turning you down as well.

KyrieTheFuture
07-02-2015, 03:49 PM
This team is built for 3 years from now, just as the Cavs are declining. Gonna be some awesome, awesome playoff series

Mirror
07-02-2015, 03:50 PM

Would Middleton really start at SF and Giannis as SG? I would think they would be swapped.

GIF REACTION
07-02-2015, 03:50 PM

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/whew.pnghttp://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/whew.png

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 03:51 PM
MCW is garbage, Jabari is pretty much a rookie, Middleton unproven, this team is not going anywhere but a first round exit

Yea, and Randle and D'Angleo are what exactly? We don't know how either of their games are going to translate to the NBA, and neither does Greg Monroe. Why should he chose that uncertainty over a clearly positive developing core in Milwaukee.

dubeta
07-02-2015, 03:55 PM

lool only a 6'8 PF?? undersized lol

fiddy
07-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Yea, and Randle and D'Angleo are what exactly? We don't know how either of their games are going to translate to the NBA, and neither does Greg Monroe. Why should he chose that uncertainty over a clearly positive developing core in Milwaukee.
Its pretty much the same thing and you get to live in LA and cheered by the biggest NBA fanbase? :confusedshrug:

Megabox!
07-02-2015, 03:58 PM
The Bucks are on the rise :eek: hope they do well next season

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Move Middleton? He played 85% of his minutes at the 2 last year.

That's what I thought, I saw people putting him at the 3 so I thought that I was tripping.

Milbuck
07-02-2015, 04:01 PM

This is the right 5 but the positions are screwed up. Middleton is the 2, Jabari was supposed to be the 4 when he was drafted but Giannis is developing into a hell of a defender at the 4..it's gonna be MCW-Mids-Jabari-Giannis-Monroe, or atleast it should be.

GIF REACTION
07-02-2015, 04:02 PM
This is the right 5 but the positions are screwed up. Middleton is the 2, Jabari was supposed to be the 4 when he was drafted but Giannis has turned into a hell of a defender at the 4..it's gonna be MCW-Mids-Jabari-Giannis-Monroe, or atleast it should be.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 04:03 PM

See, this is what made me say move Middleton to the 2..it just didn't look right having the much taller player and worse shooter as the 2. Not like I pulled it out my ass.

RIP CITY
07-02-2015, 04:08 PM
I think it's a pretty good signing and a solid fit for the Bucks. Monroe will never be a perfect fit for any team because of his defensive deficiencies but he gives the Bucks a very good post scorer, rebounder and a solid passer, something I think they do need. Offensively he's a really solid player.

But be ready to be frustrated with his defense, he literally is allergic to contact on the defensive end. He avoids it at all costs. Very lazy and finesse on the defensive end. But he's a good player to dump it to down low for a bucket and he's a solid passer out of double teams or looking for cutters. But it's a solid fit for the Bucks because they have good defensive players around him.

robert de niro
07-02-2015, 04:10 PM
nice, that's a really solid signing :eek:

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Its pretty much the same thing and you get to live in LA and cheered by the biggest NBA fanbase? :confusedshrug:

Social media has really leveled things, dude. You can play in a small market and have the same traction as a star in the 80's now. Times have changed, and this FA period has proved it.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 04:14 PM
I think it's a pretty good signing and a solid fit for the Bucks. Monroe will never be a perfect fit for any team because of his defensive deficiencies but he gives the Bucks a very good post scorer, rebounder and a solid passer, something I think they do need. Offensively he's a really solid player.

But be ready to be frustrated with his defense, he literally is allergic to contact on the defensive end. He avoids it at all costs. Very lazy and finesse on the defensive end. But he's a good player to dump it to down low for a bucket and he's a solid passer out of double teams or looking for cutters. But it's a solid fit for the Bucks because they have good defensive players around him.

Some dude earlier was trying to tell me how his defense was "impressive" when Drummond was off the floor :oldlol:

I mean idk where people come up with these things. Not to say it is a bad signing, I think any big free agent is a plus for the Bucks, glad to see the small markets doing work...but to start making shit up is just dumb.

fiddy
07-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Social media has really leveled things, dude. You can play in a small market and have the same traction as a star in the 80's now. Times have changed, and this FA period has proved it.
:facepalm

imnew09
07-02-2015, 04:18 PM

Thast a pretty bad line up honestly. Giannis as SG? Lol....

Meticode
07-02-2015, 04:19 PM
The Bucks just got super-interesting. It'll be intriguing to see what lineups Kidd uses. There are literally several possibilities.

I do not see Giannis at SG.

Bosnian Sajo
07-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Thast a pretty bad line up honestly. Giannis as SG? Lol....

Didn't you just say in the other thread that you are happy with the Lakers staying the way they are right now, not signing anyone? And you think the Bucks have a bad lineup?

Pick a new sport man, you straight up don't understand basketball. Everyone sees this as a positive for the Bucks, pretty sure you're the first guy to say anything bad about this squad.

Milbuck
07-02-2015, 04:25 PM
That lineup is wrong. Don't know who made the pic but it's wrong.. Middleton played the vast majority of his time at SG, he's a SG. And Giannis is a SF/PF/small-ball C. He and Jabari are interchangeable at the forward spots but it'll most likely be Giannis on the tougher defensive assignment. Giannis has outgrown either guard spot, he's more of a big man than a wing at this point.

GIF REACTION
07-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Jabari is closer to 6-10 then 6-8 anyways

JimmyMcAdocious
07-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Can you really switch everything? No offense to Parker and Monroe, but they really aren't Draymond Green and Bogut on defense. And, imo, the biggest reason why the Warriors could switch all the time and be successful was because of Bogut's ability to be the last line. Unless Monroe suddenly gets infinitely better, he isn't that type of defender.

I get Monroe's fit to fill holes. Don't really think it's a great fit long term if the Bucks want to go this positionless type of team. Too bad Sanders is a nutcase. He's what I think they would want.

Also I think Henson is a PF.

embersyc
07-02-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm getting on the Bucks bandwagon next season.

Just kidding, GO PISTONS! now and forever.

chips93
07-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Positions dont matter so long as the players fit.

Call giannis a bad shooting SG, or a ball handling power forward, it doesn't matter.

Milwaukee is going to be very interesting next year.

embersyc
07-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Greg Monroe is a center anyways.

ballin33
07-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Dude from Milwaukee here, hope JKidd can make it work. move and Giannis need to develop at least a serviceable jumper though.

Fowl
07-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Dude from Milwaukee here, hope JKidd can make it work. move and Giannis need to develop at least a serviceable jumper though.
You should know how good your defense was last year.
I still think that the defense the Bucks played on us in the playoffs was even better than the defense the Cavs played.
What killed you was offense, and thats what Greg Monroe brings.

MCW,Middleton,Jabari,Giannis,Monroe

That should be the lineup. Remember, GSW won a championship with a 6'7 center.

veilside23
08-10-2015, 12:41 PM
in b4 monroe becomes an all star for the bucks...

people are just acting dumb saying that they dont need offense.. when they were just all praying that the shots of middleton will fall yes it did at times but after middleton without Parker everything is relying on chances...

now they add monroe a guy who 24 years old and has put up 16/10 with a team were he played out of position behind drummond, i mean seriously if kevin love can get a pass for not playing defense why are people so hard on monroe ?

I am not saying that Monroe is better but is this the end for him already? Why are people so high on Okafor. Monroe and Okafor are of similar skillset except Monroe is a better free throw shooter.

If the bucks had the 2nd pick this year they would have picked okafor and people would celebrate as if they win it all already. Instead they got Monroe and people thinks its not good?

The bucks made the playoff without Parker... Add Monroe to that team its 4th seed at least .

They would be just fine playing Monroe at the 5. Henson and the greek freak will be there to help him.

Won't be surprise if Middleton would perform better this year playing alongside Monroe.