PDA

View Full Version : Lakers to go hard to sign David lee

toxicxr6
07-02-2015, 12:16 PM
To be honest the lakers should just scrap the idea of signing anyone this offseason now.. Seems all the top free agents are not interested. They should just focus on getting minutes into their youth and hope they benefit from it. Concede it's another poor season coming.. In the long run they will probably benefit from it

But this is the lakers.. At this point i feel they are trying to save face abit.. Now apparently they are pursuing hard for David lee.. Really don't like the idea to be honest but I think the lakers feel they need to sign someone

Oh well I don't think they will be a lot of competition for David lee

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 12:19 PM
I don't understand that signing. Just seems like another Carlos Boozer type signing. Just for the hell of it.

NBASTATMAN
07-02-2015, 12:19 PM
To be honest the lakers should just scrap the idea of signing anyone this offseason now.. Seems all the top free agents are not interested. They should just focus on getting minutes into their youth and hope they benefit from it. Concede it's another poor season coming.. In the long run they will probably benefit from it

But this is the lakers.. At this point i feel they are trying to save face abit.. Now apparently they are pursuing hard for David lee.. Really don't like the idea to be honest but I think the lakers feel they need to sign someone

Oh well I don't think they will be a lot of competition for David lee

Dangelo and Clarkson would benefit from playing big minutes with Kobe guiding them... Lee can light it up on offense but his defense I am not so sure of..

brownmamba00
07-02-2015, 12:20 PM
link?

doubt they go after him that would be seriously retarded when they have 4 PF's on the squad.

make a move for Kanter or just resign Davis and call it a day.

PejaNowitzki
07-02-2015, 12:21 PM
I don't understand that signing. Just seems like another Carlos Boozer type signing. Just for the hell of it.

Gotta do something with all that cap space. Lakers fans are getting a small taste of what fans of small market teams have experienced many times over.

Droid101
07-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Uh... they can't sign him. He's on contract for 15+ million this coming year.

Trading for him, as long as they get cap relief next year or some picks would be fine. He comes off the books.

Patrick Chewing
07-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Lakers fans on suicide watch.

Nobody wants to play with Kobe Bryant.

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Lakers fans on suicide watch.

Nobody wants to play with Kobe Bryant.

We're only a few seasons removed from winning a title. It's hardly "suicide watch".

daily
07-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Link to said rumor? I've heard a lot of names tossed around but Lee isin't one of them

Torious
07-02-2015, 12:41 PM
The only way this trade would make any sense is, if GSW are looking for cap reliefe (that is a no-brainer) and Lakers are throwing in the towel on FAs and are instead looking for picks and the next off-season.

At this point you don't go for Lee for his basketball prowess.

sammichoffate
07-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Honestly, they just need a 3 and D guy and a big. Gotta wait maybe one more year for a big signing.

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe/Ellington
Johnson/Young
Randle/Black
Davis/Hill

Pretty awful, but I see some progress.

Mirror
07-02-2015, 02:36 PM
So their big signing may end up an injury prone guy who lost his starting spot. :roll:

Levity
07-02-2015, 02:39 PM
If they do go after him, its strictly for cap relief and picks. Maybe they can try to sneak barnes out of the deal too, but that falls into the wishful thinking category.

warriorfan
07-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Only value David Lee has is that his 15 mil+ contract is coming off the books next year. So if another team has guys on the hook for multi years and trade for david lee they will get a lot more cap room in 2016 to try to sign a FA on max.

sammichoffate
07-02-2015, 02:40 PM
If they do go after him, its strictly for cap relief and picks. Maybe they can try to sneak barnes out of the deal too, but that falls into the wishful thinking category.Is Barnes really that expendable for GS though? I don't think so

ShackEelOKneel
07-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Only value David Lee has is that his 15 mil+ contract is coming off the books next year. So if another team has guys on the hook for multi years and trade for david lee they will get a lot more cap room in 2016 to try to sign a FA on max.

That would fit better with a good team that hopes to have cap room next year. The contract coming off the books would be good for Lakers in a year, but Lee is too talented to add to a team that should be tanking.

Vancouver-Grizz
07-02-2015, 02:44 PM
if they are....Wrong play!!!

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 02:48 PM
If they want David Lee, their realistic best-case scenario imo is doing Nick Young for Lee + Looney. Maybe they get GSW to throw in a future first, but I doubt it. That leaves LAL with only rookie-scale guys + Clarkson's cap hold on their cap sheet in FA next summer.

Maybe that roster is bad enough to keep their pick next year (just might). If they want to win more games + have minimal money on their books next summer, Young for Hibbert could work. Dallas' offer of Felton for Hibbert is more attractive though, assuming DJ doesn't sign with the Mavs.

Rooster
07-02-2015, 02:58 PM
If they want David Lee, their realistic best-case scenario imo is doing Nick Young for Lee + Looney. Maybe they get GSW to throw in a future first, but I doubt it. That leaves LAL with only rookie-scale guys + Clarkson's cap hold on their cap sheet in FA next summer.

Maybe that roster is bad enough to keep their pick next year (just might). If they want to win more games + have minimal money on their books next summer, Young for Hibbert could work. Dallas' offer of Felton for Hibbert is more attractive though, assuming DJ doesn't sign with the Mavs.

Warriors will have to include a package to dump Lee and I don't think they are looking to pick up more contracts because they are already above luxury tax. They are gonna pay hefty luxury taxes if they can't dump Lee. Lakers will have that leverage on that talk.