PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis signs with the Pacers - 4 years 44 million

DirkNowitzki41
07-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Marc Stein

@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Monta Ellis and Indiana Pacers have agreed on a four-year, $44 million with an option to return to free agency after Year 3

Chris Broussard

@Chris_Broussard

Sources: Monta Ellis turned down more $ from Sacramento. Kings offered $48 million over 4 years

great deal for both sides, what a bargain.

Great fit too.. Ill def be rooting for Indy next year.

Fudge
07-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Wow, what a bargain.

11M per. Not bad at all.

Thunderfan86
07-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Not bad.....not bad at all.

ISHGoat
No excuses for indy

DMAVS41
Player option after 3rd year for Monta...he's earned that...although I doubt the Pacers care much about that.

Great deal for Monta.

He's a valuable player at that price for sure.

Meanwhile in Dallas....:sleeping

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Perfect role for him as the 3rd best player on a team

Hill/Watson
Monta/Miles
George
Ribbert
their perimeter game nice but they got no bigs

DirkNowitzki41
nice

Michael Lee

@MrMichaelLee

Source: Monta Ellis got 4-yrs, $44 mil with player option for final yr. SAC offered more $ but Mr. Have It All chose #pacers instead

RRR3
Monta have it all :dancin

imnew09
But with Paul George playing the 2.... So Ellis as PG? Lol...

Fudge

Hill/Watson
Monta/Miles
George
Ribbert
That negro Myles Turner is nice. Might even be a starter right off the bat.

Fudge
07-02-2015, 01:25 PM
But with Paul George playing the 2.... So Ellis as PG? Lol...
Hill
Ellis
George

You halfwit.

DMAVS41

Hill/Watson
Monta/Miles
George
Ribbert

They are going small though.

They won't even play Hibbert.

At this point...and it pains me to say this...I bet Dallas takes on Hibbert if we strike out on DJ. And I bet the Clippers take Hibbert if they strike out on DJ.

I think the math works...or at least someone I trust said so last night.

SwishSquared
Sacramento stays losing.

Love this move by the Pacers. He's the kind of offensive creator this team has needed. No clue what they will do about PF and probably will end up relying quite a bit on Turner, but they have a nice starting perimeter core that fits pretty well.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-02-2015, 01:26 PM
That negro Myles Turner is nice. Might even be a starter right off the bat.
Forgot bout him............Millsap would be a great fit on this team but unless they got their big spot figured out even in the weak Least theyll have problems

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Hill
Ellis
George

You halfwit.

I don't think there is a better situation in the league at pg/sf for Ellis to play next to.

Just perfect.

I was trying to create a poor man's version of this in Dallas last summer with all my ideas. Good to know I'm not crazy and Larry Bird sees what I saw.

Good for them....could really work out well here if they are healthy and the Pacers can get enough pieces to play the style they should.

KembaWalker
07-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Wasn't PG looking to play the 4 more this season?

DirkNowitzki41
07-02-2015, 01:29 PM

Hill/Watson
Monta/Miles
George
Ribbert

Hmm? Ellis is the 2nd best player on that team. After PG13.

StephHamann
07-02-2015, 01:31 PM
I don't think there is a better situation in the league at pg/sf for Ellis to play next to.

Just perfect.

I was trying to create a poor man's version of this in Dallas last summer with all my ideas. Good to know I'm not crazy and Larry Bird sees what I saw.

PG24 is not Ariza, both want the ball will be interesting to see.

But hill is like the perfect PG next to Monta.

DirkNowitzki41
07-02-2015, 01:33 PM
^ agree w you two.

Hill is litreally the best fit at PG for Ellis. I was hoping Dallas traded for him last year b4 Rondo. and I'm sure Ellis can work just fine w PG13.

Great fit.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 01:33 PM
PG is not Ariza, both want the ball will be interesting to see.

But hill is like the perfect PG next to Monta.

Yea, he's way better than Ariza on both ends

I agree with what you say, but I also think Monta isn't as limited as a player offensively in style as most do.

Monta learned how to really play the pick and roll the last 2 years in Dallas...it became a huge part of his game and remains a part of his game that is vastly under-rated imo.

And it's because of that improvement that I thought having a defensive minded pg (that could hit some 3's) and a quality 3 and D guy around him and Dirk...with Tyson at center...would have been scary good. With a deep team around them.

It's not like Monta can only be good if he's playing like Iverson. He learned and improved a lot in Dallas and I think he absolutely will be able to play with PG.

I think it will be great.

And yes...Hill is perfect.

Sigh...pretty depressing thinking about having an Ellis/Ariza/Dirk...sg/sf/pf core at roughly 27 million a year combined....****

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Hmm? Ellis is the 2nd best player on that team. After PG13.
Hill>
He's a top 10 PG now way better position. Fact that he carried that bum cast last season to 23rd offense is underrated. Montas a better slasher and finisher, hill is better at everything else

Mirror
07-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Wow. Why so cheap?

Lebron23
07-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Pacers are back in the business

Cavaliers vs. Pacers in the conference finals.

DirkNowitzki41
07-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Paul George ‏@Yg_Trece 10m10 minutes ago

Here we go! Let's get back to where we belong Indy... On top! #DopeEdit https://instagram.com/p/4pHb5bHMuE/

Done_And_Done
07-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Really like this signing for Indy, especially at that price.

Is Monta not the biggest scoring threat that PG has ever played with?

warriorfan
07-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Monta have it all

sammichoffate
07-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Woulda been nice if they did this a few years ago, it could've put them over Miami while Lebron was there. Great signing, though

Dro
07-02-2015, 02:29 PM

Hill/Watson
Monta/Miles
George
Ribbert
Somebody must have missed the draft...

But anyway, I love the pickup..we needed a SG and Bird must have already this in the works which is why he chose to draft Turner instead of a SG. Turner has a lot of potential and fits into today's NBA offense, a big that can shoot and stretch the floor, yet still be a rim protector...I dunno whats going to happen with Hibbert and West but I'd like to see a starting lineup of

PG - Hill
SG - Ellis
SF - Miles/Hill depending if you need offense or defense
PF- George
C- Turner/Hibbert

Dro
07-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Really like this signing for Indy, especially at that price.

Is Monta not the biggest scoring threat that PG has ever played with?
He definitely is...unless you count Granger......

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Somebody must have missed the draft...

But anyway, I love the pickup..we needed a SG and Bird must have already this in the works which is why he chose to draft Turner instead of a SG. Turner has a lot of potential and fits into today's NBA offense, a big that can shoot and stretch the floor, yet still be a rim protector...I dunno whats going to happen with Hibbert and West but I'd like to see a starting lineup of

PG - Hill
SG - Ellis
SF - Miles/Hill depending if you need offense or defense
PF- George
C- Turner/HibbertI think asking PG to play heavy mins @ PF all year is going to wear him down. It's smart that they want to have lineup versatility to play small when in need. I get Bird learned this after being knocked out by Miami, but PG's not LBJ- he's got a much smaller build. You can only do that in the right matchup imo.

Great signing, still.

Dro
07-02-2015, 03:56 PM
I think asking PG to play heavy mins @ PF all year is going to wear him down. It's smart that they want to have lineup versatility to play small when in need. I get Bird learned this after being knocked out by Miami, but PG's not LBJ- he's got a much smaller build. You can only do that in the right matchup imo.

Great signing, still.
I pretty much agree...They currently have no PF's on the roster. I expect them to re-sign Scola and probably Shane Whittington too...Forgot about Lavoy Allen. But I'm fine with Scola starting if thats what they choose.....

ProfessorMurder
07-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Pacers should gp after Brandon Bass. He'd fit in well in Indy.

Cleverness
07-02-2015, 04:12 PM
So now both he and Stephen Curry are on 4 yr 44 million contracts:D

Cone
07-02-2015, 06:27 PM
wow, what a great deal for indiana. ellis will kill it for them

Dro
07-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Pacers should gp after Brandon Bass. He'd fit in well in Indy.
I agree, I like Bass..I would've like Thomas Robinson also, even though he can't shoot, but he provides energy and defense and the ability to finish around the rim.....

I wouldn't be mad at Derrick Williams either but I don't know how much he would cost........

jamal99
07-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Seems quite low compared to these ridiculous contracts signed in the last few days...

Optimus Prime
07-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Seems like a steal for a proven scorer and playmaker.

What are the moped laws in Indiana?

JimmyMcAdocious
07-02-2015, 08:15 PM
wtf, Monta isn't even 30 yet? These ****ing high school kids, always throwing me off.

Cocaine80s
07-02-2015, 08:18 PM
And the East gets even stronger.... jesus crhist