PDA

View Full Version : WOJ: Spurs only team Aldridge is confident about currently.

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 05:59 PM
@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago

Beyond Blazers, only contender for Aldridge that he's clear about organization, about role for him: Spurs. Everyone else, still questions.

http://media.giphy.com/media/kEreCbeHk5Oak/giphy.gif

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Hmm... I was hoping he'd be interested in the Rockets

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 06:03 PM
If he's so sure then why not sign? That makes no sense

L8krH8tr
07-02-2015, 06:05 PM
so i guess hes just going to milk Riley for a free dinner and wine and bounce?

PejaNowitzki

He's clear about the organization and role with the Spurs but apparently is undecided if it is indeed the best for him.

protox

I agree with you. They don't have a C. Sure when Timmy plays, but he doesn't play back to backs, so that means LMA will have to have some time at 5 which he hates.

r15mohd
07-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Only team he's confident about right now

Let's not forget LMA called Riles, and after dinner with the don...much can change

oh the horror
07-02-2015, 06:06 PM
He's clear about the organization and role with the Spurs but apparently is undecided if it is indeed the best for him.

Ah I see. Makes sense.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-02-2015, 06:08 PM
I agree with you. They don't have a C. Sure when Timmy plays, but he doesn't play back to backs, so that means LMA will have to have some time at 5 which he hates.

Not only that... Duncan will only play about 25-28 minutes a night. That is at least 20 minutes where they are centerless as well.

imdaman99
07-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Who cares already? He's a good player but he ain't winning a damn thing as the #1 (before you jump down my throat, I feel the same way about Melo). If this guy wants to bandwagon his way to a championship contender, than get it over with already. Stop attention whoring and sign with the Spurs.

GOBB
07-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Spurs is a no brainer. I'm lost why he is playing around? I'm assuming he fears once Manu, Parker, Duncan leave which is soon (manu/duncan for sure) that the team may not be as good then? But Spurs proven they can build. However with Duncan its just way easier to do. Without that is a huge void.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-02-2015, 06:10 PM
And what are the Spurs going to do after Duncan retires, probably after this season?

CoastalRyan
07-02-2015, 06:11 PM
Not only that... Duncan will only play about 25-28 minutes a night. That is at least 20 minutes where they are centerless as well.
It'll be less than that when they go small. If they sign Aldridge they'll bring a vet big to eat up the difference.

But lets not act like the issue was/is about him having to fill in at the 5 for 5-10 minutes every now and then. It was about his primary role and how the team envisioned him fitting in.

KyrieTheFuture
07-02-2015, 06:11 PM
The most important thing is the playoffs, and he'll spend 0 time at center during the playoffs.

People talking about the original 3 retiring totally forget kawhi is going to be on a joke of a contract once the cap goes up. EASY to get someone else if those guys bounce.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 06:13 PM

Yea, but you know what...any team he goes to...he's going to spend some time at center each game.

Even on the Suns with Tyson. Tyson isn't playing 38 minutes a game or something.

And the league is trending, and will continue to, trend towards position-less basketball.

Some situations are better than others for this for LMA, but dude is playing some minutes each night at center regardless of where he goes...especially if he wants to win...it's one of the things that makes him as valuable as he is.

It's what I'm sure Riley is gonna try to sell him on....pairing him with Bosh....and being able to just destroy teams with that versatility on both ends.

If he really wants to win...he's gonna have to put in the hard work of banging a little, protecting the paint, and working his ass off on defense.

If he doesn't want to do that shit...he should just go back to the Blazers and take the money.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Yea, but you know what...any team he goes to...he's going to spend some time at center each game.

Even on the Suns with Tyson. Tyson isn't playing 38 minutes a game or something.

And the league is trending, and will continue to, trend towards position-less basketball.

Some situations are better than others for this for LMA, but dude is playing some minutes each night at center regardless of where he goes...especially if he wants to win...it's one of the things that makes him as valuable as he is.

It's what I'm sure Riley is gonna try to sell him on....pairing him with Bosh....and being able to just destroy teams with that versatility on both ends.

If he really wants to win...he's gonna have to put in the hard work of banging a little, protecting the paint, and working his ass off on defense.

If he doesn't want to do that shit...he should just go back to the Blazers and take the money.
LMA isnt versatile on defense at all like Bosh tho. Hell hes not even that good of a defender

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 06:16 PM
The most important thing is the playoffs, and he'll spend 0 time at center during the playoffs.

People talking about the original 3 retiring totally forget kawhi is going to be on a joke of a contract once the cap goes up. EASY to get someone else if those guys bounce.

This just isn't true....a lineup of Parker, Green, Leonard, Diaw, and LMA would definitely be used at times in the playoffs.

Now, you could say Diaw would technically be center or something, but there is just too much value going small when you have LMA and Green/Leonard on the perimeter.

He just is going to have to come to terms with part of what makes him so great is his versatility that would allow for something like that.

jbryan1984
07-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Do spurs really have cap for him or they doing S&T?

Legends66NBA7
07-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Well, it was the first time that the Raps were even in a situation like this. It was a long shot he would sign here, but I'm glad they pitch went well anyways.

KyrieTheFuture
07-02-2015, 06:18 PM
This just isn't true....a lineup of Parker, Green, Leonard, Diaw, and LMA would definitely be used at times in the playoffs.

Now, you could say Diaw would technically be center or something, but there is just too much value going small when you have LMA and Green/Leonard on the perimeter.

He just is going to have to come to terms with part of what makes him so great is his versatility that would allow for something like that.
Yea I would have said Diaw would be, my point is he will not be relied upon as a center

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 06:20 PM
LMA isnt versatile on defense at all like Bosh tho. Hell hes not even that good of a defender

I know he's not Bosh on defense. I'm not claiming that....at all.

I'm saying that Bosh/LMA would be fine defensively if they worked at it and it would allow them to rape teams on the other end.

Bosh has already proven he can play quality defense at center...and any team that is trying to win a title is going to ask LMA to play a little time at center and work hard on defense.

Like I said above...if he doesn't want to do that...then don't go to legit contenders. Because that is what it is going to take.

The game is changing....not like LMA and a guy like Roy Hibbert is good together anymore like it would have been 2 years ago. They'd get run out of the gym by anyone going small.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-02-2015, 06:21 PM

And if they are trotting out that lineup out there, they will get bounced in the first or second round.

That lineup has 1 3 point shooter on the floor, no interior defense, no points in the paint (LMA shoots more midrange jumpers and less efficiency than Dirk).....
and get killed on the boards...

What made the Spurs successful was having good 3 point shooters as well as having bigs that could finish inside and rebound. No Duncan/Splitter in that group... no chance of staying with the Grizz/Clips/Rockets/Warriors....

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Do spurs really have cap for him or they doing S&T?

They cleared enough room, I believe.

RoseCity07
07-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Spurs are the only team I know will use him right and get him a ring. If he leaves I hope he goes there. Pop is a great coach. Duncan is about to retire soon. It's a good situation. I just wish we could get something back for losing a free agent that big.

PejaNowitzki

That is why they have a young up-and-coming player in Alex Len to be out on the court for when Chandler is on the bench. The Suns I'm sure don't expect Chandler to exceed 30 minutes a game. Len showed this past season that he was more than capable.

If Aldridge wants to immediately compete for a championship, he should go to the Spurs.

If Aldridge wants to have the biggest payday, he should stay with Portland.

If Aldridge wants to be the star player on a team and never have to play center, he should go to Phoenix.

If Aldridge wants the most attention and marketing viability, he should go to the Lakers.

DMAVS41
And if they are trotting out that lineup out there, they will get bounced in the first or second round.

That lineup has 1 3 point shooter on the floor, no interior defense, no points in the paint (LMA shoots more midrange jumpers and less efficiency than Dirk).....

What made the Spurs successful was having good 3 point shooters as well as having bigs that could finish inside and rebound. No Duncan/Splitter in that group... no chance of staying with the Grizz/Clips/Rockets/Warriors....

Uhhh...just no.

Leonard is a good 3 point shooter for starters....so I don't know what the **** you are talking about.

In fact, Parker and Diaw can not just be left open either. Good luck just leaving those guys wide open...teams would not do that.

And I'm not saying they trot that lineup out there like that is the lineup they play most often.

I'm saying that the Spurs would ask LMA to be on the court when they go smaller. It just makes a lot of sense....they are going to ask him to try his ass off on defense because if they can defend (already have two elite perimeter defenders in that group) that lineup can cause nightmare matchup problems.

Versatility is important here.

What is that team doing when the Warriors go uber small? They gonna run Duncan out there and hope Draymond Green misses wide open 3 after wide open 3?

No, they'll have to match...at least in some way...or they'd be toast.

That is the whole point of why the Spurs make so much sense for LMA. They can play against any style. They can play big or small...fast or slow. They can play LMA all the way out at the 3 point line on offense if need be.

You don't just pick 1 style and stay with it no matter what.

What made the Warriors so great, in large part, was their ability to play every style well and play both sides at an elite level.

If the Warriors couldn't go small...they might have lost the title to a scrub Cavs team.

Versatility is key...and LMA better realize he's gonna have to man up and play some center if he wants to win it all on the Spurs...and really any team that is legit contending.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 06:27 PM
That is why they have a young up-and-coming player in Alex Len to be out on the court for when Chandler is on the bench. The Suns I'm sure don't expect Chandler to exceed 30 minutes a game. Len showed this past season that he was more than capable.

If Aldridge wants to immediately compete for a championship, he should go to the Spurs.

If Aldridge wants to have the biggest payday, he should stay with Portland.

If Aldridge wants to be the star player on a team and never have to play center, he should go to Phoenix.

If Aldridge wants the most attention and marketing viability, he should go to the Lakers.

Agreed on all fronts.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Uhhh...just no.

Leonard is a good 3 point shooter for starters....so I don't know what the **** you are talking about.

In fact, Parker and Diaw can not just be left open either. Good luck just leaving those guys wide open...teams would not do that.

And I'm not saying they trot that lineup out there like that is the lineup they play most often.

I'm saying that the Spurs would ask LMA to be on the court when they go smaller. It just makes a lot of sense....they are going to ask him to try his ass off on defense because if they can defend (already have two elite perimeter defenders in that group) that lineup can cause nightmare matchup problems.

Versatility is important here.

What is that team doing when the Warriors go uber small? They gonna run Duncan out there and hope Draymond Green misses wide open 3 after wide open 3?

No, they'll have to match...at least in some way...or they'd be toast.

And again... trotting out that lineup for basically 20 minutes a night? Because Duncan isn't playing 40 minutes... it will mean the Spurs are a second round exit at best.

And Diaw and Parker are not good 3 point shooters. Forget percentages. Neither shoot enough from range for it to matter. Parker shoots 32% for his career on **1** attempt a game. Diaw is a career 34% shooter on **1** attempt a game.

That lineup is going to have spacing problems. Big time. Throw in the lack of interior defense, and rebounding? It will be a disaster.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 06:43 PM
And again... trotting out that lineup for basically 20 minutes a night? Because Duncan isn't playing 40 minutes... it will mean the Spurs are a second round exit at best.

And Diaw and Parker are not good 3 point shooters. Forget percentages. Neither shoot enough from range for it to matter. Parker shoots 32% for his career on **1** attempt a game. Diaw is a career 34% shooter on **2** attempts a game.

That lineup is going to have spacing problems. Big time. Throw in the lack of interior defense, and rebounding? It will be a disaster.

It's not going to have spacing issues. The issues would be on defense.

You aren't giving nearly enough credit to Leonard/LMA just as offensive weapons on their own there.

I never said Parker or Diaw were great 3 point shooters. I said you can't just leave them wide open at the 3 point line. It doesn't matter how many they've taken in the past or percentages. They aren't physically inept...they can shoot the ball well enough to draw attention at the line if need be.

The whole point would be about giving Leonard or LMA space to operate on offense in the wing post (which is a really good option against teams going small)...while being able to match up defensively and not get pick and rolled to death with a slow big on the court.

Spacing issues? No. Diaw, Leonard, and LMA can all play in the post/wing post and shoot 3's if they are open. They can play pick and roll with Parker as well...they can run action weak side or spot up green or run him off a million screens as well.

Spacing issues with literally every one of those guys being able to make open 3's and 2 of them being reliable 3 point shooters...with 3 of them comfortable on the post/wing post? Just no.

They'd simply have to go with some version of a lineup with LMA playing the big or they won't be able to play against teams going small.

SCdac
07-02-2015, 06:53 PM
I'll believe his commitment to the Spurs when I see it official

edit: in other words, not getting my hopes up

The-Legend-24
07-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Then why hasn't this nikka signed yet? :facepalm

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-02-2015, 06:57 PM
It's not going to have spacing issues. The issues would be on defense.

You aren't giving nearly enough credit to Leonard/LMA just as offensive weapons on their own there.

I never said Parker or Diaw were great 3 point shooters. I said you can't just leave them wide open at the 3 point line. It doesn't matter how many they've taken in the past or percentages. They aren't physically inept...they can shoot the ball well enough to draw attention at the line if need be.

The whole point would be about giving Leonard or LMA space to operate on offense in the wing post (which is a really good option against teams going small)...while being able to match up defensively and not get pick and rolled to death with a slow big on the court.

They'd simply have to go with some version of a lineup with LMA playing the big or they won't be able to play against teams going small.

And if LMA is playing center for 20 minutes a night (even in playoffs)... they won't be making it very far. You have to have bigs at the center position to succeed.

ShackEelOKneel
07-02-2015, 07:00 PM
And what are the Spurs going to do after Duncan retires, probably after this season?

It is probably that Timmy will stay and mentor for a year, and Aldridge becomes the full time replacement.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 07:03 PM
And if LMA is playing center for 20 minutes a night (even in playoffs)... they won't be making it very far. You have to have bigs at the center position to succeed.

Dude.

It depends on the opponent.

So you think the way to beat the Warriors when they go small is to go big? LOL...you'll get toasted. It won't work.

You go with a big lineup...LMA at the 4 and a big at center Duncan...whoever...doesn't matter. You go with that against:

Curry/Klay/Barnes/Iggy/Draymond....you simply are toast. You can go big at times and counter....and LMA/Duncan would be a good combo for that, but you can't do that all the time. Duncan isn't dominant enough in the post anymore to make that work. Almost nobody in the NBA is good enough in the post anymore to make that work. Hence why it's so valuable.

You have to remain versatile. That's the name of the game now.

RIP CITY
07-02-2015, 07:04 PM
From an outsiders perspective, I'm stunned he hasn't already signed with the Spurs. Based on his options it's a complete no-brainer.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 07:06 PM
From an outsiders perspective, I'm stunned he hasn't already signed with the Spurs. Based on his options it's a complete no-brainer.

We don't know what LMA is valuing here though. He could value things we don't think he should or not be after exactly what we've been told.

None of us know this guy.

It might be a no brainer to us, but he's a different person.

Chadwin
07-02-2015, 07:06 PM
U

Feed Duncan in the post until Draymond fouls out of the game.:lol

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Feed Duncan in the post until Draymond fouls out of the game.:lol

Yea...I really don't think that works.

Warriors offense on the other end will win that battle consistently. Duncan would be struggling to score 2's while the Warriors would be hitting 3's.

It's why Blatt going small in game 5 against the Warriors after game 4 was actually a brilliant decision. Mozgov's numbers were the definition of fool's gold.

Over the course of a game/series...the EV of the Warriors on offense will just win out there. You have to match them at some point...you can't always go big.

At times it's fine, but you have to be able to change things up and match them. And the Spurs, with LMA, would absolutely be able to do that.

ShackEelOKneel
07-02-2015, 07:10 PM
We don't know what LMA is valuing here though. He could value things we don't think he should or not be after exactly what we've been told.

None of us know this guy.

It might be a no brainer to us, but he's a different person.

He understands his role, he knows they have the capacity to win, they can offer as much as anybody except the Blazers, and it is in his home state. I'm pretty sure he values those things.

PejaNowitzki
07-02-2015, 07:15 PM
He understands his role, he knows they have the capacity to win, they can offer as much as anybody except the Blazers, and it is in his home state. I'm pretty sure he values those things.

He might also value being the star player on a team, not playing center and being part of a young developing roster, all of those are reasons why I think Phoenix is in the picture. If you go there, you know that Bledsoe, Knight, Chandler and their young players such as Len, Warren and Booker will be there with you.

San Antonio should be and clearly is the strong favorite but not to such a degree that I think it would be ridiculous for him to contemplate going to a team like Phoenix.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 07:16 PM

Sure. But what if he values something else more?

I mean...we simply don't know.

Think he would have signed already if it was just a done deal and he didn't have to think about it at all.

Are you saying he's grandstanding right now by taking all these other meetings and delaying his decision?

Chadwin
07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Yea...I really don't think that works.

Warriors offense on the other end will win that battle consistently. Duncan would be struggling to score 2's while the Warriors would be hitting 3's.

It's why Blatt going small in game 5 against the Warriors after game 4 was actually a brilliant decision. Mozgov's numbers were the definition of fool's gold.

Over the course of a game/series...the EV of the Warriors on offense will just win out there. You have to match them at some point...you can't always go big.

At times it's fine, but you have to be able to change things up and match them. And the Spurs, with LMA, would absolutely be able to do that.

Remember when Duncan lit up Bosh so bad in the Finals they put Haslem on him the next game? I'll take those easy opportunities all day over Draymond three point attempts.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Remember when Duncan lit up Bosh so bad in the Finals they put Haslem on him the next game? I'll take those easy opportunities all day over Draymond three point attempts.

And you'll lose, but okay.

I'm not saying it's all one way or the other. I'm saying that is what gets you into trouble. At times they'd go big with Duncan...at times they wouldn't. We really gonna debate this?

Chadwin
07-02-2015, 07:26 PM

I'm not saying it's all one way or the other. I'm saying that is what gets you into trouble. At times they'd go big with Duncan...at times they wouldn't. We really gonna debate this?

A career 32%/28.7% (reg/playoffs) three point shooter vs Duncan getting easy looks in the post.

You go right ahead.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 07:30 PM
A career 32%/28.7% (reg/playoffs) three point shooter vs Duncan getting easy looks in the post.

You go right ahead.

Draymond isn't shooting every shot...and Duncan is only that much older.

Again, it's fools gold.

You are playing right into their hands. You go right ahead.

Do you think Blatt is a moron...or do you think he might have seen stuff that made him weary of playing Mozgov and going big again even though Moz had 28 on 16 shots iirc?

Is Blatt just an idiot according to you?

Optimus Prime
07-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Maybe he sees the writing on the wall.

Duncan and Pop are gone next year. Without Timmy and Pop, San Antonio has what...Kawhi? He won FMVP because he shook LeBron bad, but he's not a #1 option. San Antonio looks a lot less attractive without Duncan and Pop.

Plus, he'd have to play lots of C, and he clearly doesn't want to do that.

Can't discount the fact that he also owns a home in LA. Being home more often than not matters to many people.

:kobe:

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Maybe he sees the writing on the wall.

Duncan and Pop are gone next year. Without Timmy and Pop, San Antonio has what...Kawhi? He won FMVP because he shook LeBron bad, but he's not a #1 option. San Antonio looks a lot less attractive without Duncan and Pop.

Plus, he'd have to play lots of C, and he clearly doesn't want to do that.

Can't discount the fact that he also owns a home in LA. Being home more often than not matters to many people.

:kobe:You're suggesting he picks the Lakers? They had to beg him for a second meeting to make up for the fact that they didn't have a bball strategy to pitch to him.

Indications are he's got Spurs/Suns/Dallas in his top 3, likely in that order. Phoenix is youngest and he'd almost never play C in theory. SA has the winning pedigree, close to home, etc. Dallas could be his team and play for a proven coach. I'm sorry but Lakers just aren't that attractive of a bball situation imo.

Optimus Prime
07-02-2015, 07:53 PM
You're suggesting he picks the Lakers? They had to beg him for a second meeting to make up for the fact that they didn't have a bball strategy to pitch to him.

Indications are he's got Spurs/Suns/Dallas in his top 3, likely in that order. Phoenix is youngest and he'd almost never play C in theory. SA has the winning pedigree, close to home, etc. Dallas could be his team and play for a proven coach. I'm sorry but Lakers just aren't that attractive of a bball situation imo.

You're mad. I get it. Just like all these "reports" that he had no interest in the Lakers, there are zero "reports" that the Lakers "begged" him for a second meeting.

If he truly had no interest in the Lakers, he wouldn't have accepted a second meeting under any circumstances. It's as simple as that.

Grow up.

RIP CITY
07-02-2015, 07:53 PM

You make it sound like Golden State is an unbeatable Dynasty and that their style of play is the only way you can win a Championship in NBA. It's all about putting the right mix of players together, if you're suggesting that no team that goes big has a chance against the Warriors I think you're wrong. Just have to have the right mix of bigs and perimeter players. The Cavs were short handed so they didn't have that mix. If the Warriors run into a healthy Cavs team or a SA team with Duncan/Aldridge things might go alot differently.

rmt
07-02-2015, 08:02 PM

Duncan can do it for 2-3 possessions at a time (e.g. Bosh or vs Ibaka - game 6), but that is not something you can do all game long. Spurs are at their best when the offense comes from someone other than Duncan and he can concentrate on defense. These days when Duncan scores a lot - it means everyone else is struggling and he's forced to step up.

I think the key to these small ball match ups is Diaw - he is so versatile - can run with the midgets, occasionally hit a 3 but post up a smaller defender. LMA will have to play some center when teams go small - Duncan should only play 25-27 mins/game this year to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

rmt
07-02-2015, 08:10 PM
You make it sound like Golden State is an unbeatable Dynasty and that their style of play is the only way you can win a Championship in NBA. It's all about putting the right mix of players together, if you're suggesting that no team that goes big has a chance against the Warriors I think you're wrong. Just have to have the right mix of bigs and perimeter players. The Cavs were short handed so they didn't have that mix. If the Warriors run into a healthy Cavs team or a SA team with Duncan/Aldridge things might go alot differently.

Spurs played GSW well this past year. It's OKC that gives them problems - young, athletic teams who can jump shoot. I guess that describes GSW too, but Curry/Thompson don't overwhelm you like Durant/Westbrooke. Also, OKC has better big men defenders (Ibaka, Adams, Collison). I'm not so worried about GSW as OKC (as a Spur fan). But I agree with your post.

Springsteen
07-02-2015, 08:12 PM

He was born and lives in Texas, dude. Most millionare athletes have a "home" in Los Angeles.

hawksdogsbraves
07-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Seems like he's just enjoying soaking up the spotlight of being the most sought after FA in a year when no real superstars hit the market. Just gonna get the tours, listen to all the teams talk about how much they love him and how good he is, then sign with the Spurs like he was all along.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 08:26 PM

No.

I make it sound like any team contending for a title with LMA...is going to take him to play center in some form of a small ball lineup for roughly 15 minutes a game.

Versatility is key.

Zach Lowe literally just stole the words out of my mouth on his podcast I'm listening to right now.

But I guess he doesn't get the game either...right?

RIP CITY
07-02-2015, 08:32 PM
No.

I make it sound like any team contending for a title with LMA...is going to take him to play center in some form of a small ball lineup for roughly 15 minutes a game.

Versatility is key.

Zach Lowe literally just stole the words out of my mouth on his podcast I'm listening to right now.

But I guess he doesn't get the game either...right?

Woah, no need to get testy man. I don't even know who Zach Lowe is so I don't know. I wasn't questioning your knowledge, just debating a point that I don't agree with 100%. I agree that Aldridge will have to play Center at times and that versatility is important. But you made it sound like anyone that plays with two bigs has zero chance against the Warriors, I just don't buy that.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 08:34 PM
You're mad. I get it. Just like all these "reports" that he had no interest in the Lakers, there are zero "reports" that the Lakers "begged" him for a second meeting.

If he truly had no interest in the Lakers, he wouldn't have accepted a second meeting under any circumstances. It's as simple as that.

Grow up.

:kobe:I'm not mad, I'm being realistic.

Was I the only who saw the LA reporters say he was tarnishing an organization with his remarks about how unimpressed he was after their FO leaked to media they felt that their meeting went well? Could be he's trying to save face? LMA doesn't seem to enjoy bad press and he seems to like being recruited by a bunch of teams after feeling he was unfairly not getting enough credit in Portland past 2 years.

Anyways, he can pick the Lakers if he likes. I highly doubt he does. Willing to admit my incorrectness if he does. Just don't hold your breath bro.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Woah, no need to get testy man. I don't even know who Zach Lowe is so I don't know. I wasn't questioning your knowledge, just debating a point that I don't agree with 100%. I agree that Aldridge will have to play Center at times and that versatility is important. But you made it sound like anyone that plays with two bigs has zero chance against the Warriors, I just don't buy that.

Read my above post...I never said you only could go small.

In fact, I said this:

You can go big at times and counter....and LMA/Duncan would be a good combo for that, but you can't do that all the time. Duncan isn't dominant enough in the post anymore to make that work. Almost nobody in the NBA is good enough in the post anymore to make that work. Hence why it's so valuable.

Of course it's not all one way or the other. It's about being versatile enough to mix and match when things are and aren't working.

vtec_pwr
07-02-2015, 08:40 PM
He is going to re-sign with Portland. No way is he going to leave 30 million on the table with this being his final big payday contract.

Carbine
07-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Dude.

It depends on the opponent.

So you think the way to beat the Warriors when they go small is to go big? LOL...you'll get toasted. It won't work.

You go with a big lineup...LMA at the 4 and a big at center Duncan...whoever...doesn't matter. You go with that against:

Curry/Klay/Barnes/Iggy/Draymond....you simply are toast. You can go big at times and counter....and LMA/Duncan would be a good combo for that, but you can't do that all the time. Duncan isn't dominant enough in the post anymore to make that work. Almost nobody in the NBA is good enough in the post anymore to make that work. Hence why it's so valuable.

You don't give enough credit to that Spurs lineup. They could hang against that GS lineup. Duncan eats up players smaller than him in the post even at his age because of his superior fundamentals and height/length. There is nothing Draymond would be able to do against Duncan down there except hope he misses, or front him.

That's a certified mismatch.

Iggy defending Aldridge would be the same thing. Aldrige has such a high release point and solid post game it would basically be between Aldridge and the rim as to if he made his shot or not.

Of course there would be mismatches both ways, but if an inferior team all around can go up 2-1 playing big against the Warriors like the Cavs did, I don't see why the Spurs would get toasted.

Ruler
07-02-2015, 09:38 PM

Excuse me... Did Parker not just have the best three point shooting year of his career? Is Danny Green not the owner of the Finals record for most threes made in a series? Is Boris Diaw not a stretch 4/5? Have you seen Diaw play in the post? He has some great moves down there. The idea is that wing stop (Green + Leonard) stops most penetration from the perimeter, leaving the two bigs just to stay on their man. And Kawhi is a top rebounding small forward, averaged 7.5 rebs / 30 mins this year or however many minutes he averaged. He played the 4 in college and was a double double machine. If need be he could step up and do the same with Aldridge and Diaw out there.

gts
07-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Being reported Lilliard flying to LA to meet with LMA to try and talk him in off the ledge

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2015, 09:43 PM
I wonder what part of the Spurs offer has him hesitating. The expectations?

gts
07-02-2015, 09:51 PM

I would imagine it's the age of the team.. Duncan, Pops, retirement talk...

there's some uncertainty involved with the future of the team when it comes to the key parts

Sharmer
07-02-2015, 09:55 PM

Obviously he numbers will go down, the Spurs are unit, so individual stats don't stand out, as much on other teams.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:12 PM
You don't give enough credit to that Spurs lineup. They could hang against that GS lineup. Duncan eats up players smaller than him in the post even at his age because of his superior fundamentals and height/length. There is nothing Draymond would be able to do against Duncan down there except hope he misses, or front him.

That's a certified mismatch.

Iggy defending Aldridge would be the same thing. Aldrige has such a high release point and solid post game it would basically be between Aldridge and the rim as to if he made his shot or not.

Of course there would be mismatches both ways, but if an inferior team all around can go up 2-1 playing big against the Warriors like the Cavs did, I don't see why the Spurs would get toasted.

If you actually read my post...you'd see I said it won't work going big all the time.

In my post, there is, you know...that part about LMA/Duncan being a good combo doing all the things you are talking about.

I simply said you can't do it all the time.

This debate started with a poster acting like LMA could absolutely never play center on this Spurs team. And that simply isn't true...for somewhere around 15 minutes per game, depending on opponent and situation of course...the Spurs would go small with LMA at center.

And having that versatility to do so is key.

Playing big a times is also key, but I really do think over the course of a series...the EV of the Warriors offensively would trump the Spurs here if the Warriors went small and the Spurs went big.

Using a small sample in the finals in which the Warriors happened to play pretty badly isn't something I'd hang my hat on, but that is really besides the point.

The point is that if LMA doesn't want to ever play center like is being talked about...he might as well not go to the Spurs...because he absolutely will have to play center and the Spurs will absolutely have to play small at times unless something else drastically changes on the roster in addition to adding LMA.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Excuse me... Did Parker not just have the best three point shooting year of his career? Is Danny Green not the owner of the Finals record for most threes made in a series? Is Boris Diaw not a stretch 4/5? Have you seen Diaw play in the post? He has some great moves down there. The idea is that wing stop (Green + Leonard) stops most penetration from the perimeter, leaving the two bigs just to stay on their man. And Kawhi is a top rebounding small forward, averaged 7.5 rebs / 30 mins this year or however many minutes he averaged. He played the 4 in college and was a double double machine. If need be he could step up and do the same with Aldridge and Diaw out there.

This.

Jesus people. At some point we have to stop trying to debate facts.

The **** are you guys talking about? The Spurs would absolutely go small at times if they signed LMA. It would be smart and that lineup or something similar to it could roast teams...and also stay very good defensively if LMA really bought in.

If he doesn't want to defend and play center at times consistently...then he better not go there.

Perhaps this is what all the issues are about...because I guarantee you Pop and the Spurs were telling him the same shit if he was asking them about never playing center.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-02-2015, 11:20 PM
This.

Jesus people. At some point we have to stop trying to debate facts.

The **** are you guys talking about? The Spurs would absolutely go small at times if they signed LMA. It would be smart and that lineup or something similar to it could roast teams...and also stay very good defensively if LMA really bought in.

If he doesn't want to defend and play center at times consistently...then he better not go there.

Perhaps this is what all the issues are about...because I guarantee you Pop and the Spurs were telling him the same shit if he was asking them about never playing center.

And him playing center for nearly 20 minutes a night + 30 minutes a night when Duncan sits on back to backs.... the Spurs are not going far in the playoffs with that.

That is the thing. Sure they can play it. Pop knows they can play it. But Pops wants to win a championship, not just make the playoffs and be fodder.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:25 PM
And him playing center for nearly 20 minutes a night + 30 minutes a night when Duncan sits on back to backs.... the Spurs are not going far in the playoffs with that.

That is the thing. Sure they can play it. Pop knows they can play it. But Pops wants to win a championship, not just make the playoffs and be fodder.

Then why is he going after LMA?

So Pop thinks playing LMA at center with a loaded lineup like that can't possibly work well enough for 15 minutes a game in the playoffs, depending on situation/opponent, yet he gave away a really good center....just on the chance to sign LMA...

That is evidence he doesn't think it could work?

You aren't making sense again.

I mean...I agree that isn't going to be the best lineup they have, but it's the versatility to be able to go to that when/if needed....and a lineup like that will absolutely be needed in the playoffs against a team like the Warriors. A team that is very likely the Spurs will have to go through.

gyu
07-02-2015, 11:28 PM
How much money can the Spurs give to Aldridge?

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Then why is he going after LMA?

So Pop thinks playing LMA at center with a loaded lineup like that can't possibly work well enough for 15 minutes a game in the playoffs, depending on situation/opponent, yet he gave away a really good center....just on the chance to sign LMA...

That is evidence he doesn't think it could work?

You aren't making sense again.

Because Duncan is retiring at some point in a year or two and they need a replacement? He fits that bill pretty easily so they won't be a bottom dweller while trying to rebuild?

The solution to getting LMA isn't "Go small."

It would not shock me that they find a servicable big (a la Splitter) to pair with LMA or Duncan.... one of them that is already thinking about going there is David West for example...

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Because Duncan is retiring at some point in a year or two and they need a replacement? He fits that bill pretty easily so they won't be a bottom dweller while trying to rebuild?

The solution to getting LMA isn't "Go small."

It would not shock me that they find a servicable big (a la Splitter) to pair with LMA or Duncan.... one of them that is already thinking about going there is David West for example...

Nobody said the "solution" is to go small.

I said that an important part of LMA on this team would be him buying into playing defense and being willing to play center when the team needs to go small.

David West would be a really nice addition, but even with him there would still be times you'd want to play LMA out there as the lone true big.

And I'm starting to think that the reason LMA hasn't signed yet is exactly this. That he asked the Spurs about this and they gave him the honest and obvious answer that they'd want him to play center at times.

And if LMA is really as averse to that as has been reported...then this would all make sense.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Needs to stop being a diva and pick a team already. If he was a FA in any other year, he'd be tier 2.

Springsteen
07-03-2015, 12:16 AM
@TheRocketGuy 2h2 hours ago

A front office source was told no point in meeting with Aldridge...he's sold on the Spurs...awesome fit if he lands @spurs

http://media.giphy.com/media/oOmOgdJ1PR7Ec/giphy.gif

rmt
07-03-2015, 12:26 AM

Last year, Duncan didn't sit many back to backs. He played 77 (out of 82) games and averaged 28.9 minutes. I'm hoping Pop plays him 25-27 min/game to keep him fresh for the playoffs so Spurs will need another center (maybe Baynes?) because Diaw and Bonner can't play center. Are there any veteran centers available and no, David West doesn't qualify.

DMAVS41
07-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Last year, Duncan didn't sit many back to backs. He played 77 (out of 82) games and averaged 28.9 minutes. I'm hoping Pop plays him 25-27 min/game to keep him fresh for the playoffs so Spurs will need another center (maybe Baynes?) because Diaw and Bonner can't play center. Are there any veteran centers available and no, David West doesn't qualify.

Baynes signed with the Pistons.

Alamо
07-03-2015, 12:35 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/oOmOgdJ1PR7Ec/giphy.gif

http://www.dogster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ed900dd01204ec5a5e78b0cd17aab510.jpg

wally_world
07-03-2015, 01:05 AM
I love LMA but he's being a Lil beach right now

gyu
07-03-2015, 01:11 AM
I love LMA but he's being a Lil beach right now
Dude averaged 33% fg in the playoffs this year, that sense of entitlement... :bowdown:

disel
07-03-2015, 04:03 AM
Everyone knows he is spurs bound and is just enjoying the attention.

keep-itreal
07-03-2015, 04:57 AM
this is starting to become The Decision version 2

Paul George 24
07-03-2015, 10:13 AM
He Is No Brain If He Choose Suns & Lakers

Clifton
07-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Spurs having no center is a non-issue. Duncan didn't play center either. Diaw can guard most centers. I've seen him do it for 2 teams. All you need is a big guy who's willing to get between his man and the basket. Hardly any current NBA big men are skilled interior bangers.

SCdac
07-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Everyone knows he is spurs bound and is just enjoying the attention.

something feels off, though... as a Spurs fan, I'm too used to players using the team to drive up their value. seems to happen with alot of marquee FA's... Still, I'm hoping for the best... Just glad TD is coming back and Kawhi and Green are locked down

rmt
07-03-2015, 12:34 PM
Spurs are toast if LMA doesn't choose them. Left with Diaw, Bonner, Ayres :cry: and a 40 year old Duncan. Can we get Splitter back? :(

DMAVS41
07-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Spurs are toast if LMA doesn't choose them. Left with Diaw, Bonner, Ayres :cry: and a 40 year old Duncan. Can we get Splitter back? :(

It certainly would be a very costly mistake with that Splitter trade.

We all thought it was a done deal once that trade happened...very un-Spurs like to make a move like that with so much uncertainty....especially as LMA seems to never want to play center.

Seems like keeping splitter and opening up room other ways would have made more sense in terms of at least getting LMA.

Splitter's injuries could have played a role, but Splitter is a valuable player/contract and giving him away for nothing is going to be painful if the Spurs don't get LMA or have another backup plan.

imnew09
07-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Dude averaged 33% fg in the playoffs this year, that sense of entitlement... :bowdown:

This. Thats why i would hate it if Lakers offer the 30yrs old 4-years max...

SCdac
07-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Not too worried about Splitter, actually more saddened by the loss of Banes. Kinda saw the writing on the wall w/ Splitter and knew he wasn't going to be a lifelong Spur (but getting something back would have been nice). Much like acquiring Banes, or in the past - Oberto, I think the Spurs can manage something for backup bigs that wasn't foreseen. A true center in today's league is largely just a rebounder and foul-absorber imo. Get em to play D and they're sufficient.

kennethgriffin
07-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Aldridge is worried about his average playing with kobe... says he doesnt want a gasol role

Yet gasol averaged 19ppg

On the spurs aldridge will be lucky to average 16ppg

Doesnt make sense

toxicxr6
07-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Aldridge is worried about his average playing with kobe... says he doesnt want a gasol role

Yet gasol averaged 19ppg

On the spurs aldridge will be lucky to average 16ppg

Doesnt make sense

LMA wants to win.. A Kobe lead lakers is only ever going to be a lottery team

Makes a lot of sense to anyone that isn't an idiot

kennethgriffin
07-03-2015, 01:47 PM
LMA wants to win.. A Kobe lead lakers is only ever going to be a lottery team

Makes a lot of sense to anyone that isn't an idiot

In 2 years parker duncan manu will all be retired

In 2 years russell clarkson and randle will be beasting

Aldridge is dumb if he goes to sanantonio

Springsteen
07-03-2015, 02:10 PM

Kawhi is a DPOY and FMVP and not even 25 yet. And we locked up Danny Green, who's on the uptick. Parker has said he's not retiring even after 2016.

We don't even know how Randle or Russell are going to pan out. :confusedshrug:

AirTupac
07-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Kawhi is a DPOY and FMVP and not even 25 yet. And we locked up Danny Green, who's on the uptick. Parker has said he's not retiring even after 2016.

Why do people keep mentioning Green and Parker. Last time I checked Parker had a mediocre season coming off a lot of injuries AND he's not young by any means. Green on the other hand is a decent player but thats about it.

DMAVS41
07-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Why do people keep mentioning Green and Parker. Last time I checked Parker had a mediocre season coming off a lot of injuries AND he's not young by any means. Green on the other hand is a decent player but thats about it.

Danny Green is so under-rated here if he's deemed just a "decent player and that's about it"....

kennethgriffin
07-03-2015, 02:23 PM

Whether or not parker wants to retire. He will within 2 years.. hes like 36 or 37 next season

Kawhis a great up and coming star in this league but he cant carry a team. Hes a role player allot of the time. Has bursts of scoring sometimes. But hes mostly a defensive stopper

Danny green is just a role player. Hes good if hes surrounded by great play makers

The spurs will be way too dependant on 2 guys in order to win.. while if he were on the laoers 4 guys would carry the team..

A great forward should pare up with a great point guard.. russell will be a superstar in 3 years.. parker will be gone

Carbine
07-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Whether or not parker wants to retire. He will within 2 years.. hes like 36 or 37 next season

Kawhis a great up and coming star in this league but he cant carry a team. Hes a role player allot of the time. Has bursts of scoring sometimes. But hes mostly a defensive stopper

Danny green is just a role player. Hes good if hes surrounded by great play makers

The spurs will be way too dependant on 2 guys in order to win.. while if he were on the laoers 4 guys would carry the team..

A great forward should pare up with a great point guard.. russell will be a superstar in 3 years.. parker will be gone

Tony is entering his age 33 season.

Springsteen
07-03-2015, 02:33 PM
russell will be a superstar in 3 years..

And you know this... how? :whatever:

HurricaneKid
07-03-2015, 03:24 PM
It certainly would be a very costly mistake with that Splitter trade.

We all thought it was a done deal once that trade happened...very un-Spurs like to make a move like that with so much uncertainty....especially as LMA seems to never want to play center.

Seems like keeping splitter and opening up room other ways would have made more sense in terms of at least getting LMA.

Splitter's injuries could have played a role, but Splitter is a valuable player/contract and giving him away for nothing is going to be painful if the Spurs don't get LMA or have another backup plan.

If they dont get LMA (and I'm confident they will) they will just get David West. Its not a bad backup plan. Splitter and Timmy were playing together less and less the past few years.

LA_Showtime
07-03-2015, 03:26 PM
If the Spurs sign Aldridge, they will be better than if they do not sign Aldridge.

Dbrog
07-03-2015, 03:36 PM

He was just being talked about as the best PF in the League two years ago though. I mean, to even get a top 3-5 position on your team is a huge deal. Makes you better than almost everyone at that spot. He'd be by far the best big man Timmy has played with since probably 99'

rmt
07-03-2015, 03:37 PM

Kobe stans are delusional. You guys would be slobbering if you had a young, PROVEN (as in 2 NBA Finals performances, FMVP, and a DPOY award) talent like Leonard. Parker just turned 33. Green holds the NBA Playoffs record for 3 pointers and is an elite wing defender.

Your guys are unproven and NO ONE knows how they'll develop - like there's been much success developing players under Kobe - lol. Meanwhile there is PROOF of all-stars/all-nbas/FMVPs/DPOY/all defensive/MVP development under Pop and Duncan.

Spurs are in win-mode now. Lakers will take years to develop (and that's a big question IF they do develop).

rmt
07-03-2015, 03:45 PM
He'd be by far the best big man Timmy has played with since probably 99'

Since '98. DRob didn't win any award in '99.

Carbine
07-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Kobe stans are delusional. You guys would be slobbering if you had a young, PROVEN (as in 2 NBA Finals performances, FMVP, and a DPOY award) talent like Leonard. Parker just turned 33. Green holds the NBA Playoffs record for 3 pointers and is an elite wing defender.

Your guys are unproven and NO ONE knows how they'll develop - like there's been much success developing players under Kobe - lol. Meanwhile there is PROOF of all-stars/all-nbas/FMVPs/DPOY/all defensive/MVP development under Pop and Duncan.

Right.

One thing that is gettin lost in the future of the Spurs once Timmy and Manu leave..... And eventually Parker...... Is that the Spurs are in GREAT position cap wise in the coming years. They don't have any long term deals that will hinder them.

Everyone will have money to spend with the cap going up but the Spurs will have enough to make huge multiple additions to build around Aldridge and Kawai.

Aldridge will be set up to compete for titles for the next five years with San Antonio. Not just this year.

NuggetsFan
07-03-2015, 04:04 PM
In a weird way kinda hope the Spurs land Aldridge. Small market teams with amazing FO's should get rewarded. Be nice to see another player pass up big markets like L.A/N.Y.

L.A would be tempting because of the youth. More of a wait. Things are more uncertain with the Spurs after your first few years. Duncan, Pop, Parker, Manu could all be gone while your still playing.

rmt
07-03-2015, 04:26 PM
In a weird way kinda hope the Spurs land Aldridge. Small market teams with amazing FO's should get rewarded. Be nice to see another player pass up big markets like L.A/N.Y.

L.A would be tempting because of the youth. More of a wait. Things are more uncertain with the Spurs after your first few years. Duncan, Pop, Parker, Manu could all be gone while your still playing.

Aldridge is 29. Mills is 26. Leonard just turned 24 and Green just turned 28. All younger with LOTS less mileage than Aldridge. The Laker group is WAY too young for him to wait to develop. He needs to win now - while Duncan's still playing and Parker/Diaw under contract.

Paul George 24
07-03-2015, 04:44 PM

LET'S WAIT HIM PLAY 1 NBA GAME 1ST TO PROVE HIMSELF :facepalm

Paul George 24
07-03-2015, 04:48 PM

KOBE IS DONE,AND QUESTIONABLE HEALTH ISSUE THIS SEASON

CoastalRyan
07-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Right.

One thing that is gettin lost in the future of the Spurs once Timmy and Manu leave..... And eventually Parker...... Is that the Spurs are in GREAT position cap wise in the coming years. They don't have any long term deals that will hinder them.

Everyone will have money to spend with the cap going up but the Spurs will have enough to make huge multiple additions to build around Aldridge and Kawai.

Aldridge will be set up to compete for titles for the next five years with San Antonio. Not just this year.
Great point and to add to that the Spurs are one of the best teams at filling out their roster. Time and time again they've managed to land the right vet or role player which compliments the team best.

Between the draft and free agency I don't think they'll have any issue staying competitive.

Just look at the last few years.

No one knew who Splitter was.
Same goes for Baynes.
Marco Bellinelli's develops into a legit role player.
Diaw reemerges.
Development of Patty Mills.

You don't win 50+ games for what? 16 years in a row by not being able to round out a roster.

alanLA92
07-03-2015, 05:01 PM
LMA is milking this for all its worth at this point.

PejaNowitzki
07-03-2015, 05:09 PM

At least he's not out of the country, off watching ****ing soccer.

Dbrog
07-03-2015, 05:12 PM
For the people talking about why come here when the vets are retiring, you need to remember something. The spurs have made the Playoffs in 24 of the last 25 years. That's right...they've only missed the playoffs once in a quarter of a dacade. In their entire history, they've only missed it 4 times. You don't have to worry about this franchise winning :bowdown: :applause:

chips93
07-03-2015, 05:13 PM

This

He's probably salty that lillard got all the attention these past few years, and is making the most of his time in the spotlight now.

navy
07-03-2015, 05:13 PM
You mean the media is. There is nothing wrong with going to team meetings when free agency started two days ago.

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2015, 05:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJBNIMMWUAIZF7g.jpg

Dbrog
07-03-2015, 05:20 PM
The creepiest part of that picture to me is that Pop looks jovial :lol

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2015, 05:22 PM
The creepiest part of that picture to me is that Pop looks jovial :lol

and how are these meetings all in the open :lol

that Bron/Love one was at some pool resort

rmt
07-03-2015, 05:39 PM

Please tell me that's Aldridge signing on the dotted line.

DirkNowitzki41
07-03-2015, 05:42 PM

aldridge wearing that blazer red :eek:

sorry spurs

LoneyROY7
07-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Aldrige to THHAAAAA KKKNNIIICCCCKKKKKSSSSSS!

Apparently, Patrick Ewing was his favorite player growing up and he wants to be the one to resurrect New York basketball.

ortonsaw
07-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Aldrige to THHAAAAA KKKNNIIICCCCKKKKKSSSSSS!

Apparently, Patrick Ewing was his favorite player growing up and he wants to be the one to resurrect New York basketball.
Troll

Springsteen
07-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Yahoo: The Spurs and Suns are front runners to sign LaMarcus Aldridge.

UPDATE: LaMarcus Aldridge cuts list to two teams; Spurs and Suns.

Report: The Spurs and Suns have become the frontrunners to sign LaMarcus Aldridge

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

JerrySeinfeld
07-03-2015, 08:10 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

god damn, can anyone relevant from the West please go to the East?

PickernRoller
07-03-2015, 08:44 PM
If this nikka falls for the Spurs charm offensive...lol.

If in 2 years he doesn't get a ring he's never going to get one with the Spurs. Pop or no pop.

Springsteen
07-03-2015, 09:12 PM
If this nikka falls for the Spurs charm offensive...lol.

If in 2 years he doesn't get a ring he's never going to get one with the Spurs. Pop or no pop.

Somehow he's got a better chance if he signs with the Lakers?

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

PickernRoller
07-03-2015, 09:20 PM
Somehow he's got a better chance if he signs with the Lakers?

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

2 years from now - absolutely. Or are you working under the impression that the Lakers will continue to be an underachieving franchise for the next millennium? Actually that's not a question, I know it's a statement given the way retards here think.