PDA

View Full Version : Is Portland re-signing Wesley Matthews?

Inferno
07-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Haven't heard anything regarding him :coleman:

What the hell is Portland even looking like right now?

Lillard
?
Henderson?
Vonleh
Davis

:coleman:

Droid101
07-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Haven't heard anything regarding him :coleman:

What the hell is Portland even looking like right now?

Lillard
?
Henderson?
Vonleh
Davis

:coleman:
GET WRECKED
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/9a/58/ec9a5890073ab5f7108709e7cec25802.jpg

J Shuttlesworth
07-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Why so many ":coleman: " smilies?

You Mark Henson AE bro?

JimmyMcAdocious
07-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Portland rebuilding like a mf. Gonna tank for that 1st overall, draft Simmons, and then pick up Durant where he should have ended up in the first place.

Damian Lillard
Ben Simmons
Kevin Durant
Noah Vonleh
Anthony Davis

:eek:

bdreason
07-02-2015, 08:48 PM
I've been thinking about Portlands moves, and at first I thought they were cleaning house because Aldridge was leaving... but now I think they were cleaning house to try and keep Aldridge. I think there were chemistry issues in that locker room, and Batum might have been at the middle of it.

Unless Aldridge has issues with Mathews, I think the Blazers will eventually bring him back... along with Aldridge.

buddha
07-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Damian Lillard is gonna lead that team to 20 wins next season.

RoseCity07
07-02-2015, 09:55 PM
I've been thinking about Portlands moves, and at first I thought they were cleaning house because Aldridge was leaving... but now I think they were cleaning house to try and keep Aldridge. I think there were chemistry issues in that locker room, and Batum might have been at the middle of it.

Unless Aldridge has issues with Mathews, I think the Blazers will eventually bring him back... along with Aldridge.

Aldridge and Matthews are friends. So that's not it. I think Aldridge was sick of Nic "next year" Batum.

midatlantic09
07-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Portland rebuilding like a mf. Gonna tank for that 1st overall, draft Simmons, and then pick up Durant where he should have ended up in the first place.

Damian Lillard
Ben Simmons
Kevin Durant
Noah Vonleh
Anthony Davis

:eek:

99% sure none of the guys in bold will ever put on a Blazers uniform...

KNOW1EDGE
07-02-2015, 10:02 PM
He has an offer on the table from the Kings.
But apparently is more interested in signing with the Mavs.(according to realgm)

If the Blazers can somehow bring back LMA then I think Wes will follow

ArbitraryWater
07-02-2015, 10:07 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/e7a513f567da310f5b0d0a37eafa1739.png

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 11:15 PM
SAC upped their offer to $65M/4 years. They are desperate to land somebody with a big name.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:20 PM
SAC upped their offer to $65M/4 years. They are desperate to land somebody with a big name.

Just saw this.

Unreal....He's actually worth that if healthy and at the level he was last year (quite easily)...but off of that injury? Damn...thought the Mavs could get somewhat of a discount.

Mavs could have had some lineup similar to Ellis/Ariza/IT for a combined 25 million a year.

Now our dream scenario is Matthews and Parsons for a combined 33 million a year? With Parsons set to opt out after this year and potentially leave? Holy shit....

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Just saw this.

Unreal....He's actually worth that if healthy and at the level he was last year (quite easily)...but off of that injury? Damn...thought the Mavs could get somewhat of a discount.

Mavs could have had some lineup similar to Ellis/Ariza/IT for a combined 25 million a year.

Now our dream scenario is Matthews and Parsons for a combined 33 million a year? With Parsons set to opt out after this year and potentially leave? Holy shit....I saw Marc Stein wrote that Matthews preferred joining the Mavs alongside DJ, but that was before the latest contract offer. I still can't imagine the Kings guaranteeing him *that* much money off this injury without seeing him play first. I thought he'd lose a LOT more money. Good for Wes, it he wants to take it. He definitely deserved that before the injury. This free agency is insane.

I was 100% on the bandwagon for your Mavs to land Ariza or others last summer. Heck, imagine if the Clippers salary-dumped Dudley onto you with the $ money you would have saved not pursuing Parsons. Maybe CP successfully recruits Wes & DJ + a big FA next summer. He might be the GOAT smooth talker. But Cuban does such silly stuff in FA just to tick off Morey.

Anyways, next summer if you CP & Dirk opt-out, doesn't that leave you with close to $80M in cap space, accounting for empty roster charges? You could rebuild MIA style in 1 summer if some collusion goes down.

Fowl
07-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Maybe Portland can draft Sabonis' son next year, Domantas Sabonis.

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:35 PM
I saw Marc Stein wrote that Matthews preferred joining the Mavs alongside DJ, but that was before the latest contract offer. I still can't imagine the Kings guaranteeing him *that* much money off this injury without seeing him play first. I thought he'd lose a LOT more money. Good for Wes, it he wants to take it. He definitely deserved that before the injury. This free agency is insane.

I was 100% on the bandwagon for your Mavs to land Ariza or others last summer. Heck, imagine if the Clippers salary-dumped Dudley onto you with the $ money you would have saved not pursuing Parsons. Maybe CP successfully recruits Wes & DJ + a big FA next summer. He might be the GOAT smooth talker. But Cuban does such silly stuff in FA just to tick off Morey.

Anyways, next summer if you CP & Dirk opt-out, doesn't that leave you with close to $80M in cap space, accounting for empty roster charges? You could rebuild MIA style in 1 summer if some collusion goes down.

Yea....if we strike out...we should sign guys all on one year deals and tank hard....like Ben Simmons tank. Dirk should just take the year off...fake an injury in month 1 and rest and relax.

Hope you get a top 3 pick...maybe get lucky with the 1....then build the team out in free agency when we will have essentially no team.

I'd love for Dirk to come back, but the downside to this plan would be him retiring...which would suck.

But the franchise must go on...and they put themselves in a situation where hoping to overpay a guy off a potentially career changing injury and DJ are the all or nothing.

Not a good place to be in given what we had going into last summer...

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-02-2015, 11:37 PM
The ironic thing about that contract... 4 years 64 million in California... or 3 years 45 million with the Mavs?

Matthews would actually make more money with the Mavs because of taxes.... but then again.. he might like the extra year of job security.

Bless Mathews
07-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Wessy is going where he wants.

I told him to follow his heart, not his brain.

He is leaning towards staying.

MellowYellow
07-02-2015, 11:41 PM
He would be stupid to choose Mavs. Demarcus>>>>>>>>>> broken down Nowitzki. Mavs need to rebuild the right way and tank this year.

SwishSquared
07-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Yea....if we strike out...we should sign guys all on one year deals and tank hard....like Ben Simmons tank. Dirk should just take the year off...fake an injury in month 1 and rest and relax.

Hope you get a top 3 pick...maybe get lucky with the 1....then build the team out in free agency when we will have essentially no team.

I'd love for Dirk to come back, but the downside to this plan would be him retiring...which would suck.

But the franchise must go on...and they put themselves in a situation where hoping to overpay a guy off a potentially career changing injury and DJ are the all or nothing.

Not a good place to be in given what we had going into last summer...It is definitely a precarious position Cubes put you in and I'd really hate for Dirk to go down like that if you guys completely strike out. But that's basically your only option and hope for a great pick.

Dirk's one of my favorite players of all time but Cuban/Nelson botched the past couple seasons. I know you can't count on landing D-Will/Howard/CP3/Melo/etc, but the supporting guys you could have gotten last summer would have set you up so nicely.

This is basically counting out this year, but there are some talented guys who will be FAs next year who are young, including Jordan Clarkson (Lakers didn't give him the Hinkie special), aside from the obvious names (Durant, etc.).

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:45 PM
The ironic thing about that contract... 4 years 64 million in California... or 3 years 45 million with the Mavs?

Matthews would actually make more money with the Mavs because of taxes.... but then again.. he might like the extra year of job security.

Yea, but I'm wondering why the Mavs wouldn't be offering 4 years as well.

What does that matter given where the cap is going? It's better to get these guys on long term deals now.

I mean...we are about to pay a huge price for that Parsons contract.

4 years 56 for Matthews is a better deal than 3 years 45 imo for the Mavs.

bluechox2
07-02-2015, 11:45 PM
that portland lineup looks weak, lilard bout to have a career year

DMAVS41
07-02-2015, 11:53 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
Yahoo Source: After Clippers meeting, DeAndre Jordan remains "truly 50-50" and "torn" on choice between Mavs and Clippers. Decision looms.

Ugh...brutal.

Need this to end soon.

SwishSquared
07-03-2015, 12:01 AM
Yahoo Source: After Clippers meeting, DeAndre Jordan remains "truly 50-50" and "torn" on choice between Mavs and Clippers. Decision looms.

Ugh...brutal.

Need this to end soon.I'm pretty sure one of the legit NBA writers several hours ago (like pre-LAC meeting) tweeted he really doesn't want to drag this out and should decide fairly quickly. Maybe we wake up to some news? I think if you land DJ, then Wes comes along. If not, I don't even know about Wes...

JimmyMcAdocious
07-03-2015, 12:21 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/fantasy-basketball-today/25095586/history-not-kind-for-ruptured-achilles

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-03-2015, 12:38 AM
@ESPNSteinLine

Wes Matthews Latest: ESPN sources say Matthews' camp has notified Kings he's unlikely to take their offer, making Dallas even more likely

Still doesn't mean he is Mavs bound.

SwishSquared
07-03-2015, 12:41 AM
@ESPNSteinLine

Wes Matthews Latest: ESPN sources say Matthews' camp has notified Kings he's unlikely to take their offer, making Dallas even more likely

Still doesn't mean he is Mavs bound.If Vlade offers a full max to him after this...

KNOW1EDGE
07-03-2015, 12:43 AM
He's gonna follow LaMarcus back to Portland.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-03-2015, 12:46 AM
He's gonna follow LaMarcus back to Portland.

I don't think they have even reached out to him. Supposedly the Raptors have, but I just don't see how/why they get him considering Caroll/Derozen/etc etc...

SwishSquared
07-03-2015, 12:50 AM

Ugh...brutal.

Need this to end soon.So my previous post has wrong info now- DJ saying decision won't be made in next 24 hours according to "sources." One source said that he may wait until LMA decides.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Well...

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 1m1 minute ago

Wes Matthews has agreed in principle with the Mavericks on a four-year deal, per source. Turned down huge offer from Sacramento..

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-03-2015, 12:53 AM
I know he has been hurt. But the Mavs have a legit SG on their roster. A 3 and D guy. Finally.

DMAVS41
07-03-2015, 12:53 AM
Well...

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 1m1 minute ago

Wes Matthews has agreed in principle with the Mavericks on a four-year deal, per source. Turned down huge offer from Sacramento..

Nice.

Glad we went with 4 years. Actually makes the most sense if we were gonna do this.

I'm assuming they can't give hard confirm on money because of potential DJ?

Cone
07-03-2015, 12:54 AM
lmao. ellis > matthews

mavs lose again...

DMAVS41
07-03-2015, 12:56 AM
lmao. ellis > matthews

mavs lose again...

not on a team with Parons. Not even close to be honest.

and i'm higher on ellis than most, but next to Parsons on this team...Matthews fits much better.

if he gets to 90% or equal to his play last year...this is a great signing if we have him locked up for 4 years.

well, it's a great signing if we get a real team around these guys now. reality check is that we just spent a shit ton of money on a guy coming off a career altering injury.