PDA

View Full Version : Mavs New Rotation?

Optimus Prime
07-03-2015, 06:30 PM
With DeAndre Jordan now officially joining the Mavs, what does their rotation and depth chart look like?

PGs???
Matthews/???
Chandler/???
Dirk/???
DeAndre/???

Didn't really pay too much attention to them last year, but this year could be very interesting depending on the players they get to fill out the roster.

Nice to see Mark Cuban committed to building a contender and taking care of Dirk the right way in his twilight years. Too bad we still got 2 more years of Jimmy Buss apparently. :facepalm

Spurs m8
07-03-2015, 06:35 PM
won't get that far tbh

J Shuttlesworth
07-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Both teams get worse... well, Mavs stay the same. Clippers become a first round exit instead of 2nd round

DMAVS41
07-03-2015, 06:38 PM
With DeAndre Jordan now officially joining the Mavs, what does their rotation and depth chart look like?

PGs???
Matthews/???
Chandler/???
Dirk/???
DeAndre/???

Didn't really pay too much attention to them last year, but this year could be very interesting depending on the players they get to fill out the roster.

Nice to see Mark Cuban committed to building a contender and taking care of Dirk the right way in his twilight years. Too bad we still got 2 more years of Jimmy Buss apparently. :facepalm

We have Harris...and he's a good backup.

All reports indicate that Barea will be brought back after all of this over.

We drafted a sg/sf type guy in Justin Anderson.

This team is incredibly thin right now...it's why I'm hoping we manage to keep some cap space via sign and trade and get a starting pg and some depth at the 4/5 positions.

Optimus Prime
07-03-2015, 06:57 PM
We have Harris...and he's a good backup.

All reports indicate that Barea will be brought back after all of this over.

We drafted a sg/sf type guy in Justin Anderson.

This team is incredibly thin right now...it's why I'm hoping we manage to keep some cap space via sign and trade and get a starting pg and some depth at the 4/5 positions.

So Harris and Barea at PG.

What about backup SF, PF and C? Do the Mavs even have anyone they can S&T? I thought they cleared space to chase after DJ.

That roster would be Top 3 in The Least easily, but you need depth in The Best.

DMAVS41
07-03-2015, 07:01 PM
So Harris and Barea at PG.

What about backup SF, PF and C? Do the Mavs even have anyone they can S&T? I thought they cleared space to chase after DJ.

That roster would be Top 3 in The Least easily, but you need depth in The Best.

We need to add another pg...Harris isn't a starter and Barea is a 3rd guard type guy.

We have Richard Jefferson coming back it looks like.

We have Powell at pf/c.

We also currently have Felton on the roster, but I'm assuming we figure out a way to shed him.

If we figure out a way to sign and trade with either the Pacers with Ellis or Blazers with Aminu...we can salvage some cap room. Not sure if Cuban will go for this as I'm sure he wants max cap room next season.

I bet we get Lin at the mid level. He actually makes a ton of sense on this team now, but at the same time...perhaps a really good 3/D point guard makes more sense as I'd imagine the Mavs are going to run the offense through Parsons a ton next year.

As for the other spots? Really don't know...

BarberSchool
07-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Barea is a 3rd guard type guy.Starting Barea might be Carlisles most unorthodox and gutsy move, and i wonder who in the organization thinks it would be too much of a defensive risk ?

hawksdogsbraves
07-03-2015, 09:05 PM
They'll have a pretty good starting lineup but wow are they thin. Definitely still have some work to do this offseason, how much cap room do they have?

Feels like Cuban is always holding out for a superstar FA who never quite arrives. 2016 here they come.

Dro
07-03-2015, 09:07 PM
If they get a couple more bench guys and a starting PG, I thin they'll be better than people think.........Matthews seems really underrated......

warriorfan
07-03-2015, 09:11 PM
They need more scoring

bobopenguin
07-03-2015, 09:13 PM
If u guys land Lin, I will show my support for marvs, just cos rockets are full of *****. Lol.

hawksdogsbraves
07-03-2015, 09:17 PM
If they get a couple more bench guys and a starting PG, I thin they'll be better than people think.........Matthews seems really underrated......

I think it's more that achilles injuries are historically super brutal to recover from in basketball.

Dominique Wilkins is the only player who's ever recovered from an achilles tear and made an all star game after coming back from it.

Granted Matthews never made one to begin with, but it's a tough road to hoe.

Dro
07-03-2015, 09:17 PM
I think it's more that achilles injuries are historically super brutal to recover from in basketball.

Dominique Wilkins is the only player who's ever recovered from an achilles tear and made an all star game after coming back from it.

Granted Matthews never made one to begin with, but it's a tough road to hoe.
That's true, forgot about his injury.......

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Ask the question in Auguest when the roster is mostly set.

Last year the Mavs signed Aminu for the vet minimum.

I bet they sign someone like that (in other words great value contract/reclamation project) in which no one thought would turn out....

The Mavs are looking towards the future post Dirk. And Jordan/Parsons/Matthews is a nice crew. And that trio may attract another decent free agent next year.

DMAVS41
07-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Ask the question in Auguest when the roster is mostly set.

Last year the Mavs signed Aminu for the vet minimum.

I bet they sign someone like that (in other words great value contract/reclamation project) in which no one thought would turn out....

The Mavs are looking towards the future post Dirk. And Jordan/Parsons/Matthews is a nice crew. And that trio may attract another decent free agent next year.

I sure hope it's better than that...will be hard to have a more attractive situation if Dirk/Parsons opt out...Parsons signs a 5 year contract...Dirk comes on a cheap 3 year deal

Dirk/Parsons/Wes/DJ all on long term deals with max cap space....I hope we could get a superstar with that.

gasolina
07-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Wont be surprised if greg buckner and/or adrian griffin gets minimum contracts, seems those two always round up the mavs teams :oldlol:

Kidding aside. Worst case they dont sign anyone of note and Anderson and Harris start. You hope that Matthews gets back once Justin hits the rookie wall and that Harris dont get hurt at all. I think a Harris/DJ p&r could be potent if youve got Dirk, Parsons, and Matthews spreading the floor.

Cuban offers Yi a contract to fill backup 4 and also that megawatt smile