PDA

View Full Version : Whos the most boring all time great??

NZStreetBaller
07-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Tim duncan? Steve nash?

lilteapot
07-04-2015, 12:01 AM
Duncan definitely isn't boring, and no way Nash is boring either.

Fallen Angel
07-04-2015, 12:01 AM
John Stockton

Prometheus
07-04-2015, 12:02 AM
Michael Jordan

kennethgriffin
07-04-2015, 12:02 AM
tim duncan by far. theres people in texas who still don't know who he is

J Shuttlesworth
07-04-2015, 12:03 AM
tim duncan by far. theres people in texas who still don't know who he is
Yeah pretty much. I appreciate his game, but it's not flashy at all for the casual fan.

kennethgriffin
07-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Duncan definitely isn't boring, and no way Nash is boring either.

duncan is extremely boring. hes very talented... sure

but the man has the personality of a vulcan

the facial expression of a mannequin

the attitude of a buddhist

the vocal leadership of a mute

the athleticism of a stillborn

the versatility of a gun rack to wayne campbell

the excitement of a mime

the jubilation of a buzzkillington

the publicity of a building 7

the fandom of a mormon church

the market of a christian rock band

the appeal of an STD

tim duncan is the absolute worst star in league history. if we can even call him that

the man flys so low under the radar that fans/haters alike give him full credit for a 3rd option role player title averaging 15ppg and skipping back to backs

if duncan was any other top 10 star of the last decade ... he would have been shat on for that last title and been given zero credit

but hes tim duncan... hes invisible to controversy because we just can't give enough of a damn to nitpick anything he does or didnt do

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2015, 12:16 AM

the excitement of a mime

the appeal of an STD

tim duncan is the absolute worst star in league history. if we can even call him that

the man flys so low under the radar that fans/haters alike give him full credit for a 3rd option role player title averaging 15ppg and skipping back to backs

if duncan was any other top 10 star of the last decade ... he would have been shat on for that last title and been given zero credit

but hes tim duncan... hes invisible to controversy because we just can't give enough of a damn to nitpick anything he does or didnt do

Duncan was definitely not a "role player" for 2 of those titles, nor did he come close to averaging 15 ppg

Heavincent
07-04-2015, 12:16 AM
Steve Nash led one of the most exciting teams of all time.

sd3035
07-04-2015, 12:17 AM
If you consider him an all time great, Lebald is the obvious choice

Westbrook0
Steve Nash is super ****ing exciting.

Why is no one saying Kareem yet?

JohnMax
Don't confuse Duncan's teammates being slow and unathletic for him being boring.

If he had Wade, Lebron, Griffin, Jordan as teammates. You'd see him run in transition, throw lobs and outlet passes.

JimmyMcAdocious
How is Nash boring? People don't like alltime great shooting, ball handling, and playmaking? Or how a guy who isn't that much more athletic (at least not like comparing yourself to MJ) than you and I somehow shredded defenses at all three levels, ran the best and most explosive offense in the NBA, all while winning b2b MVPs? He was a pretty ridiculous shot maker off the dribble and at the rim, two things people seem to love about the "entertaining" PGs in the NBA now. Those two and probably dunking, I guess.

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2015, 12:18 AM
If you consider him an all time great, Lebald is the obvious choice

Then it's sad your so obsessed with a person you admit is boring

kennethgriffin
07-04-2015, 12:22 AM
Duncan was definitely not a "role player" for 2 of those titles, nor did he come close to averaging 15 ppg

i said in 2014 duncan was a 15ppg role player

he was

15.1ppg regular season
16.3ppg playoffs
15.4ppg finals

he played good defense but the spurs over the last 2 years havent been winning with defense. theyre strictly a deep offensive juggernaut with great all around shooting and passing. plus the leagues best bench during that time

duncan was infact a role player

15-16ppg 3rd highest scorer = role player

period

even the guy who won fmvp was a boarderline role player... the team is just a bunch of solid players. no superstars... the only guy who can even be argued as a star is parker. and even hes slipping

J Shuttlesworth
07-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Don't confuse Duncan's teammates being slow and unathletic for him being boring.

If he had Wade, Lebron, Griffin, Jordan as teammates. You'd see him run in transition, throw lobs and outlet passes.
What? Even when Parker/Ginobli were in their primes, the Spurs had some of the lowest rated finals of all time.

midatlantic09
07-04-2015, 12:58 AM
Duncan. Nothing exciting about his game.

sd3035
07-04-2015, 01:05 AM

obsessed? I like making fun of him on these forums because he's a clown, and his fans here are retarded. I couldn't care less about him other than that

You're the one who seems to be catching feelings :roll:

dubeta
07-04-2015, 01:13 AM

true #rentfree

J Shuttlesworth
07-04-2015, 01:16 AM
obsessed? I like making fun of him on these forums because he's a clown, and his fans here are retarded. I couldn't care less about him other than that

You're the one who seems to be catching feelings :roll:
So you've only cared about LeBron 3,699 times in your life?

Got it.

sd3035
07-04-2015, 01:23 AM
So you've only cared about LeBron 3,699 times in your life?

Got it.

If this board matters that much to you, then you need to get some fresh air :lol

Bankaii
07-04-2015, 01:25 AM
If this board matters that much to you, then you need to get some fresh air :lol
Says the one with almost 4000 posts dedicated to the life of someone he "hates" lol.:roll:

toxicxr6
07-04-2015, 01:29 AM
i said in 2014 duncan was a 15ppg role player

he was

15.1ppg regular season
16.3ppg playoffs
15.4ppg finals

he played good defense but the spurs over the last 2 years havent been winning with defense. theyre strictly a deep offensive juggernaut with great all around shooting and passing. plus the leagues best bench during that time

duncan was infact a role player

15-16ppg 3rd highest scorer = role player

period

even the guy who won fmvp was a boarderline role player... the team is just a bunch of solid players. no superstars... the only guy who can even be argued as a star is parker. and even hes slipping

The reality is that you don't even know what a role player is.. It's obvious and your just embarrassing yourself

Duncan In 2014 being the 2nd/3rd option on offense on high efficientcy
Being the primary rebounder
Primary rim protector/shot blocker
On and off court leader of the team
All star
All defensive team

Sorry bro you have no idea what a role player is.. Your an idiot.. You can't be a role player when your role is almost everything

Kobe is more of a role player than Duncan..jut cause Kobe chucks 30+ shots a game for 22 points does not make him better than a role player.. Heck Kobe isn't even a good role player.. He is a terrible one

sd3035
07-04-2015, 01:35 AM
Says the one with almost 4000 posts dedicated to the life of someone he "hates" lol.:roll:

3700, and I don't hate him at all. Although he's a tremendously boring basketball player, his ridiculously tacky behaviour, choking, flopping, etc. creates many laughable scenarios. He's like a walking punchline

Harison
07-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Tim duncan? Steve nash?
With Duncan I can see the point, but Nash? He ran very exciting offense, while off-court he was funny laid-back guy. There was nothing boring about him.

From Top10 All-time its probably Kareem and Duncan, maybe to lesser extent Russell. They are asocial introverts IRL, while playing fundamental but not flashy basketball.

Fawker
07-04-2015, 02:38 AM
timmy and nash the most sound actually.

SamuraiSWISH
07-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Easily Duncan. And it isn't just the lack of artistry in his game. He's all fundamental, but his personality is boring as well. Don't even think it's a debate with anyone else. Shaq / Hakeem / KG / Dirk as all-time geat big men were definitely more fun to watch.

kennethgriffin
07-04-2015, 02:57 AM
The reality is that you don't even know what a role player is.. It's obvious and your just embarrassing yourself

Duncan In 2014 being the 2nd/3rd option on offense on high efficientcy
Being the primary rebounder
Primary rim protector/shot blocker
On and off court leader of the team
All star
All defensive team

Sorry bro you have no idea what a role player is.. Your an idiot.. You can't be a role player when your role is almost everything

Kobe is more of a role player than Duncan..jut cause Kobe chucks 30+ shots a game for 22 points does not make him better than a role player.. Heck Kobe isn't even a good role player.. He is a terrible one

role players are guys that don't command a big part of the offense

a guy can be one of the best defensive players and still be a role player

- bruce bowen
- tony allen
- tyson chandler
etc...

15ppg is bullsh*t... i'm sorry.

nzahir
07-04-2015, 03:30 AM
How is nash here....? He is arguably the most exciting point guard of all time.
Duncan is boring, russell isnt in my top 10 but hes pretty boring(some exceptions, but everyone has exceptions).

SyRyanYang
07-04-2015, 03:32 AM
Duncan
Lebron
Malone

bdreason
07-04-2015, 03:43 AM
LeBron's game isn't exciting to me. I enjoy some of his passing abilities, but the rest of his game is too mechanical for my liking.

Harison
07-04-2015, 04:26 AM
LeBron's game isn't exciting to me. I enjoy some of his passing abilities, but the rest of his game is too mechanical for my liking.
I'm not the fan of his game too. Its not just thats its mechanical, Lebron's dominance is more based on raw talent and athleticism than skills. His mentality is also not on par with anyone from Top10 All-time.

Uncle Drew
07-04-2015, 04:30 AM
Tim Duncan as a person is boring, his game sure as hell wasn't.

livinglegend
07-04-2015, 04:30 AM
Jordan

nzahir
07-04-2015, 04:35 AM
I'm not the fan of his game too. Its not just thats its mechanical, Lebron's dominance is more based on raw talent and athleticism than skills. His mentality is also not on par with anyone from Top10 All-time.
If he is all athleticism and talent then how isnt that exciting?(and that info is false) 40% from 3 a couple years ago in mia, one of the best shooters at the basket takes skill, elite passer

livinglegend
07-04-2015, 04:36 AM
Still Jordan.

toxicxr6
07-04-2015, 05:40 AM
role players are guys that don't command a big part of the offense

a guy can be one of the best defensive players and still be a role player

- bruce bowen
- tony allen
- tyson chandler
etc...

15ppg is bullsh*t... i'm sorry.

Sorry bro YOU JUST DONT GET IT.. It's ok.. Your like the retarded kid I have at my work.. No matter how many times I explain to him how to do his properly.. Everyday he doesn't.. He never will.. And In the end it isn't his fault.. He has a learning disability it's just impossible for him to grasp everything.. But hey he's worth keeping around.. The government sponsors him to be there so he pretty much works for free.. So you let it slide..

You want to know what is BULLSH!T.. Having a player shoot 37% from the field and still being allowed to shoot at will.. That was probably one of the worst seasons I have ever seen from any player.. It was a total embarrassment.. And if the lakers have any will to win Kobe would sit his ass on the bench all game long.. Kobe was the ultimate tanker this season... Greatest tanker I have ever seen

TANKBE
:facepalm

SwayDizzle
07-04-2015, 05:41 AM
Duncan might be able to cure insomnia

RRR3
07-04-2015, 06:17 AM
Anyone who says LeBron is lying to themselves. This whole forum is OBSESSED with everything the man does.

24-Inch_Chrome
07-04-2015, 08:12 AM
How is Nash boring? People don't like alltime great shooting, ball handling, and playmaking? Or how a guy who isn't that much more athletic (at least not like comparing yourself to MJ) than you and I somehow shredded defenses at all three levels, ran the best and most explosive offense in the NBA, all while winning b2b MVPs? He was a pretty ridiculous shot maker off the dribble and at the rim, two things people seem to love about the "entertaining" PGs in the NBA now. Those two and probably dunking, I guess.

:applause:

ArbitraryWater
07-04-2015, 08:34 AM

the excitement of a mime

the appeal of an STD

:roll:

kshutts1
07-04-2015, 09:07 AM
First of all, none of them are boring. But depending on where we draw the line for "all time great", the most boring is probably Duncan. But I still love watching him play.

JZ600
07-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Kill yourself op for suggesting nash
Duncan and its not even close

smoovegittar
07-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Boring? How can you be "boring" and yet an all-time great?

Try harder, OP.

KyrieTheFuture
07-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Honestly if you find any all time great, or even good player boring, find a new sport

Ne 1
07-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Anyone who says LeBron is lying to themselves. This whole forum is OBSESSED with everything the man does.
LeBron just looks clunky. He's a good slasher with GOAT finishing ability, but his finishes have no flair to them whatsoever. When I think of aesthetically pleasing... I think of guys like Jordan, Kobe, or prime T-Mac. Jordan for example...he swooped over and around people, slashed and used impeccable footwork.. he sliced up defenses, his first step was pretty amazing also, and his spins.. later in his career he relied on the turnaround fadeaway J which damn near always went in and was a thing of beauty. Bron just bulldozes his way to the basket/lane for layups or a dunk and runs into the other player and gets free throws.

smoovegittar
07-04-2015, 09:30 AM
LeBron just looks clunky. He's a good slasher with GOAT finishing ability, but his finishes have no flair to them whatsoever. When I think of aesthetically pleasing... I think of guys like Jordan, Kobe, or prime T-Mac. Jordan for example...he swooped over and around people, slashed and used impeccable footwork.. he sliced up defenses, his first step was pretty amazing also, and his spins.. later in his career he relied on the turnaround fadeaway J which damn near always went in and was a thing of beauty. Bron just bulldozes his way to the basket/lane for layups or a dunk and runs into the other player and gets free throws.

What's true is Bron needs to refine his game. Always looking for the whistle STILL, and travels at least half the time. But boring? Hardly.

Derka
07-04-2015, 09:36 AM
There was some aspect of ALL of the all-time greats that made them fun to watch...at least the ones I've seen. The simplicity of Duncan's game, to me, was just as exciting and great to witness as were the times when Shaq could just overpower anyone and damn near rip the hoop down.

To the casual fan, I could see how Duncan is pretty boring if what you're looking for is flashy moves and highlight reel stuff.

T_L_P
07-04-2015, 09:44 AM

Horry, Bowen, Rasho and Manu have all said he's the most vocal player on the team - and a constant talker in-game.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/3365357_o.gif

http://q9ajg3m8r764ux2l1qldhv3k5.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Parker-Duncan.gif

And he's a very athletic player. He was explosive before his knee injury in 2000, but hops aren't the only thing that make you athletic.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/vpGaeG.gif

http://share.gifyoutube.com/m2ZowP.gif

kunk75
07-04-2015, 11:12 AM
has to be Timmy doesnt make him any less great

Dragonyeuw
07-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Steve Nash boring? WTF?

SCdac
07-04-2015, 11:51 AM
I guess not every player can get arrested on a rape charge or be narcissistic like Lebron and Shaq..

sdot_thadon
07-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Duncan, so fundamentally sound and legit it's boring.

G0ATbe
07-04-2015, 11:54 AM
To watch? Definitely LeBald. Does the same 1 or 2 dunks everytime and that's pretty much the only thing someone would get excited about when watching him. His repertoire is just plain ugly, and built on getting away with offensive fouls and/or travelling.

SexSymbol
07-05-2015, 12:00 PM
LeBron, Duncan, Kareem are obvious choices.

sd3035
07-05-2015, 12:17 PM
To watch? Definitely LeBald. Does the same 1 or 2 dunks everytime and that's pretty much the only thing someone would get excited about when watching him. His repertoire is just plain ugly, and built on getting away with offensive fouls and/or travelling.

/thread

stephanieg
07-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Kareem is the most boring. If you've seen 5 Kareem games you've seen 'em all. He's like a sky hook robot. The only fun part is watching him fight for position on the box and the rare times he would show emotion and get into a confrontation.

I don't think Duncan is that boring. He has a variety of post moves and is a great passer. I loved watching him go against Shaq back in the day. He has the classic Duncan face and googly eyes when a call goes against him. He has a low key sense of humor. Probably wouldn't tune in to watch him in a random January game against some scrub team though.

Alamо
07-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Duncan and Nash are two of my favorite players to watch all time

Springsteen
07-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Look at the Lakers fans hating on Duncan, as usual.

SHAQisGOAT
07-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Nash's game is boring now? :wtf:

I can see why some would find Timmy's game boring but always loved to watch him play, especially in his prime.

Kareem is the most boring. If you've seen 5 Kareem games you've seen 'em all. He's like a sky hook robot. The only fun part is watching him fight for position on the box and the rare times he would show emotion and get into a confrontation.

I don't think Duncan is that boring. He has a variety of post moves and is a great passer. I loved watching him go against Shaq back in the day. He has the classic Duncan face and googly eyes when a call goes against him. He has a low key sense of humor. Probably wouldn't tune in to watch him in a random January game against some scrub team though.

So, Duncan's not that boring because he has variety of post moves and is a great passer but then again Kareem's the most boring? :rolleyes: Because Jabbar didn't have a variety of post moves and wasn't a great passer :rolleyes: And then some...

You must be talking about old ass Kareem there though (and even so)...
To me there's nothing boring about a 7'2 center moving around extremely well, jumping very high, dunking ferociously at times, while being a great rebounder, a shot eraser, a great passer at the 5, could run the break, had tremendous offensive IQ, with many moves on the block, equipped with a fadeaway and hitting skyhooks from everywhere, which to me was just poetry in motion, amazing to see, the greatest basketball move ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_xZWKVUyaY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qak1eeHqfJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTtcKfo2T8

What's boring about that? :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
07-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Nash's game is boring now? :wtf:

I can see why some would find Timmy's game boring but always loved to watch him play, especially in his prime.

So, Duncan's not that boring because he has variety of post moves and is a great passer but then again Kareem's the most boring? :rolleyes: Because Jabbar didn't have a variety of post moves and wasn't a great passer :rolleyes: And then some...

You must be talking about old ass Kareem there though (and even so)...
To me there's nothing boring about a 7'2 center moving around extremely well, jumping very high, dunking ferociously at times, while being a great rebounder, a shot eraser, a great passer at the 5, could run the break, had tremendous offensive IQ, with many moves on the block, equipped with a fadeaway and hitting skyhooks from everywhere, which to me was just poetry in motion, amazing to see, the greatest basketball move ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_xZWKVUyaY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qak1eeHqfJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTtcKfo2T8

What's boring about that? :confusedshrug:

Yeah I was about to say.. like Kareem didn't have a sick post game. I find him very entertaining, just dominating his oppsition.

Cold soul
07-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Tim Duncan.

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 08:57 AM
I got my Top 5 most exciting.

Magic
Kobe
Jordan
Hakeem
Bird

Duncan is boring but he's not the most boring. Dude can get on a groove and his smoothness can be beauty. Well, at least back in the day when he was a scoring force. Those sweet hooks uhhmmm..... perfection.

I say Wilt and Russell. Cause hell I didn't watch much of them and what i did watch on youtube sucks. Kareem after them - I did watch some substantial footage of him...but that sky-hook tho...

So out of the Top 10 that's that. If we are talking Top 15, then LeBaldo is my pick - dude's moves are just raw and grotesque. Oscar, Isiah, Doctor J, West... all smoothness and flash in the Top 15.

Nikola_
07-06-2015, 09:23 AM
50 000 views :biggums: :biggums:

sd3035
07-06-2015, 09:27 AM
50 000 views :biggums: :biggums:

and only 5 pages, strong view to post count ratio

I think it's because there isn't much of an argument, Lebron and Duncan seem to have this on lock

Psileas
07-06-2015, 10:18 AM

I've never found Kareem's skyhook boring and I don't see why people find it so. It's like finding Jordan's or Kobe's fadeaways boring. It's a graceful move. Some of his passes are really great as well, as are some of his blocked shots (even failed attempts, with him typically jumping on one foot, with his head routinely getting near rim level). Plus, he'd often outsmart his opponents who'd expect a sky hook and instead spin for a dunk or take a jump shot.
For me, the most boring star player would be probably someone like Alex English, a mid range shot master with as much flash in just about everything he did as a typical FT shooter when taking FT's.
Btw, although most fans generally consider them exciting, nothing makes my eyes hurt more than small guys dribbling for 20'', desperately trying to create flashy stuff and still failing to create some quality situation for them or their team after all this dribbling overkill (more like "oversuicide"), ultimately resorting to some ill-adviced shot or some bailout pass. Just ugly. :facepalm

HOoopCityJones
07-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Duncan's only boring when he plays the Lakers in the playoffs. Except for 2003-04.

Highly entertaining otherwise, you just have to know what you're seeing to understand how impressive it is.

Choke94
07-06-2015, 12:23 PM
For me, the most boring HOF player is Reggie Miller.
One of the greatest 3pt shooters in the history of the game and excellent in trash talking and mind games,but other than that not a very exciting player to watch.
Except when he was spiking Spike Lee, that was epic :D

rmt
07-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Duncan's only boring when he plays the Lakers in the playoffs. Except for 2003-04.

Highly entertaining otherwise, you just have to know what you're seeing to understand how impressive it is.

When I see the other big men of today like Jordan, McGee, etc., I appreciate Duncan's economy of motion, fundamentals, basketball IQ and competitiveness (this is underrated in that it can't be easy to want to play in MIN in some regular season game when you've accomplished so much).

He is smooth, efficient, no wasted motion - that's why he's playing so well in his old age. Seems like he's gonna outlast Manu and Parker.

Duggrr
07-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Moses Malone