PDA

View Full Version : Cavs current favorites to sign David West

Trollsmasher
07-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 23 min.
Sources: Cleveland hasn't only worked itself into contention for David West, Cavs took slight lead on Spurs. Pop isn't done recruiting yet.

He is apparently willing to take a discount to play on contender

My question is why - is TT not getting a deal? Or is Andy's rehab going badly?

Kingwillball
07-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Rather have a MO Williams and or wing defender...

Cocaine80s
07-04-2015, 01:56 PM
He's gonna play behind Thompson and Love?

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 01:59 PM
This seems very odd. Like very very very odd.

Are they just using this as leverage against TT in contract talks?

Why the **** would they add West with TT, Love, Mozgov, and Andy V on the roster?

BallsOut
07-04-2015, 02:00 PM
This seems very odd. Like very very very odd.

Are they just using this as leverage against TT in contract talks?

Why the **** would they add West with TT, Love, Mozgov, and Andy V on the roster?

They probably think West can make Aldridge/Nowitzki his b1tch

DMAVS41
07-04-2015, 02:01 PM
They probably think West can make Aldridge/Nowitzki his b1tch

I'll be the happiest person in the world if it's Cavs vs Mavs in the finals...David West can do whatever he ****ing thinks he can if we get there.

LOL

TheMarkMadsen
07-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Kyrie/Derozen/bran/Love/Mozgof bench: Wilson Chandler, Reggie Jackson, Iman, TT, Varejo, West

still could use some size, a few more off ball players and a couple of shooters, but this team definitely gives Lebron a chance to lead/carry them

Lebron23
07-04-2015, 02:11 PM
He's gonna be a solid acquisition. But he needs to ask for forgiveness to Moondog.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259464

Velocirap31
07-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Kyrie/Derozen/bran/Love/Mozgof bench: Wilson Chandler, Reggie Jackson, Iman, TT, Varejo, West

still could use some size, a few more off ball players and a couple of shooters, but this team definitely gives Lebron a chance to lead/carry them

Raptors are keeping Derozan.

Done_And_Done
07-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Is he trying to be this year's David Lee or something? Why sign to a team where there's a log jam of talent in your position?

oh the horror
07-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Is he trying to be this year's David Lee or something? Why sign to a team where there's a log jam of talent in your position?

Ring chasing is real bro.

StephHamann
07-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Cavs about to have more Power Forwards than the Sixers draft picks

:biggums:

Paul George 24
07-04-2015, 02:34 PM
A Spurs Soon

RedBlackAttack
07-04-2015, 03:58 PM
He is apparently willing to take a discount to play on contender

My question is why - is TT not getting a deal? Or is Andy's rehab going badly?
Oh, TT is getting a deal. The only stall on the announcement is the organization wants incentives in the contract and TT wants guarantees. I'd be surprised if the deal isn't announced in the next day or so.

Andy's rehab went according to plan by all accounts.

What West provides is more depth and more roster flexibility. No, he doesn't fill our biggest need, but he doesn't have to. The Cavs are likely to make a deal with that Haywood contract plus maybe a couple of other assets to fill the backup PG / backup SF issues. And, there's still probably a better than 50/50 chance JR is back on the roster when all is said and done.

West could then still sign with the mini-MLE.

What that gives the Cavs is a big who can come off the bench and provide range out beyond 15-feet, a great screen-setter and passer, and a serviceable defender.

Currently, all of the size we have coming off the bench are guys who can play defense and rebound. We don't have a scoring big who can supply some of what Love does when he isn't in the game or if -- god forbid -- there were an injury.

He's obviously going to have to sacrifice playing time, but he has to understand that coming in. Depending upon Andy's condition coming back from a torn Achilles (rough injury), I'd say West could be our 4th big in the rotation.

PG: Kyrie Irving - ? - Matthew Dellavedova
SG: Iman Shumpert - JR Smith
SF: LeBron James - ?
PF: Kevin Love - David West
C: Timofey Mozgov - Tristan Thompson - Anderson Varejao

Obviously, four of our five bigs (not counting Mozgov) can play multiple positions, meaning you can get really creative with lineups.

For instance, having either West or Love on the floor with Kyrie would allow the Cavs to give LeBron more rest than he is accustomed to. Those are three extremely skilled offensive players.

Let's face it... getting a player as good as David West for the mini-MLE is a steal. I don't care about "needs" as much as getting an abundance of good players on the roster.

francesco totti
07-04-2015, 04:06 PM
they wont spend money on a big anymore, they need guards.

RedBlackAttack
07-04-2015, 04:11 PM
they wont spend money on a big anymore, they need guards.
Once again, the Cavs could still make multiple moves. If West is willing to come here for the mini-MLE, you take him and don't look back. In an offseason where GMs have been throwing money around like it is nothing, that's a bargain.

lilteapot
07-04-2015, 04:44 PM
They need guards, but West would be a great pickup, especially since Varejao is going to get hurt at some point and he would help when their frontcourt gets thin.

Meticode
07-04-2015, 06:05 PM
I really don't see the point ins igning West. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, tough, etc. But TT is expected to resign, Varejao was actually ahead of schedule with the achilles situation, we also have Love and Mozgov. One of those guys is going to be the 5th big and honestly none o them should.

I know you can never have too many bigs, but someone is going to have to accept a lesser role and West shouldn't get big money from the Cavs. We really need a wing player.