PDA

View Full Version : The Kings have quietly won Free Agency

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:29 AM
Everyone and all the reporters were shitting on us for that Philly dump

Except look where we are now

We've won Free Agency so far

Got rid of Landry and his bad contract, A perennial mediocre PF who missed way too many easy shots, and a shooter who couldn't shoot

We gained a champion shooter in Belinelli, a champion playmaking PG, and the best backup center in the league.

We are not done yet either.

1+ For Vlade

1+ For Sacramento

Playoffs.

keep-itreal
07-05-2015, 02:31 AM
playoff rondo doe

bdreason
07-05-2015, 02:36 AM
I'd start Collison over Rondo.

TonyMontana
07-05-2015, 02:37 AM
Who the **** did they even get?

Is it just Rondo or am I missing something

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-05-2015, 02:38 AM
I'd start Collison over Rondo.
Collison is a better player for sure
and he can shoot. Rajon starting with DMC and Gay is a disaster

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:38 AM
Keep laughing.

DMC is Garnett

Belinelli is Ray Allen

Rudy is Paul Pierce

Rondo ready to bring it all together

WCS + Koufos + Demarcus + Moreland = Best shotblocking rotation in the league

Kings will be a top 10 defensive unit next season.

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:39 AM
So many people underrating Rondo here

Dallas didn't utilize him right

Took the steam out of his jets

hawksdogsbraves
07-05-2015, 02:42 AM
This is some good solid B- satire. :applause:

Dr. Cheesesteak
can't tell if OP is serious or just troll...

Either way - :lol

I mean, yeah, w/ Koufos and Beli, Kings improved a lot imo. But playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs?

MellowYellow
you lost derrick williams, your team has terrible spacing and you're trading lotto picks for cap space. :facepalm

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:45 AM
:roll:

Derrick Williams couldn't defend a trash can

NugzFan
07-05-2015, 02:45 AM
Op definitely trolling...or just went full retard. :lol

The Kings didn't "win" the offseason by settling on leftovers after their top choices rejected them over and over.

Overpaying for role players isn't winning shit. Just like the Kings.

Op just an insecure homer.

warriorfan
07-05-2015, 02:46 AM
Kings moving to seattle

hawksdogsbraves
07-05-2015, 02:46 AM
Rondo-Gay-Cousins + Karl does have the potential to be one of the most savage locker rooms we've ever seen, so we should be looking forward to that :oldlol:

Foster5k
07-05-2015, 02:47 AM
GIF REACTION: "We did great in free agency."

George Karl: "Huh?"

GIF REACTION: "DMC is Kevin Garnett. Belinelli is Ray Allen. Rudy is Paul Pierce. We have the best shotblocking rotation in the league."

George Karl: "Lay off the drugs mate."

NugzFan
07-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Rondo-Gay-Cousins + Karl does have the potential to be one of the most savage locker rooms we've ever seen, so we should be looking forward to that :oldlol:

And don't forget a controlling owner who has no idea what he's doing.

Looking forward to watching this team self destruct.

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:48 AM
can't tell if OP is serious or just troll...

Either way - :lol

I mean, yeah, w/ Koufos and Beli, Kings improved a lot imo. But playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs?
Believe

Just need to sign a backup guard/SF and then we're set

Probs re-sign Casspi

Might get lucky with Lou Williams

Maybe Dorrell Wright or Gerald Green

NugzFan
07-05-2015, 02:48 AM
GIF REACTION: "We did great in free agency."

George Karl: "Huh?"

GIF REACTION: "DMC is Kevin Garnett. Belinelli is Ray Allen. Rudy is Paul Pierce. We have the best shotblocking rotation in the league."

George Karl: "Lay off the drugs mate."

:oldlol:

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Why are you laughing? Your team is worse than ours.

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:50 AM
"Bu-bu-but Faried is a top player in the league"

Lol

hawksdogsbraves
07-05-2015, 02:50 AM
And don't forget a controlling owner who has no idea what he's doing.

Looking forward to watching this team self destruct.

You're right, I forgot the most deranged owner + pathetic yes-man insane GM combo of all time :oldlol:

It's gonna be a hilarious season in Sacramento :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
07-05-2015, 02:51 AM
no excuses

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:52 AM
How about you just focus trying to sell tickets Atlanta? 1st seed and still struggling to hit capacity

NugzFan
07-05-2015, 02:52 AM
Why are you laughing? Your team is worse than ours.

I know. Gotta rebuild the team. I'm ok with it. Overdue actually.

I just find it funny how much you hype your team and troll the shit out of the board and have no idea how much people laugh at the Kings and how stupid your owner is. The Kings are still going nowhere.

Maybe they will win 30 games finally.
Maybe.

NugzFan
07-05-2015, 02:53 AM
"Bu-bu-but Faried is a top player in the league"

Lol

Who said this?

But I must thank the Kings for proving how great of a contract he has. I knew it was good but Vivek is making it look really good! :cheers:

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 02:57 AM
I know. Gotta rebuild the team. I'm ok with it. Overdue actually.

I just find it funny how much you hype your team and troll the shit out of the board and have no idea how much people laugh at the Kings and how stupid your owner is. The Kings are still going nowhere.

Maybe they will win 30 games finally.
Maybe.
You are visibly denying the talent of Demarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, and Rondo

Not to mention we have the best backup C in the league AND the best backup PG now..... Best shotblocking big rotation, and a HOF coach

Denver has a PF who is really a no-defense poor mans WCS, and a rookie PG who stunk it up in China. George Karl made those scrubs look WAY better than they actually were. Fun fact - Faried and Gallo are not that good.

NugzFan
07-05-2015, 03:02 AM
You are visibly denying the talent of Demarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, and Rondo

Not to mention we have the best backup C in the league AND the best backup PG now..... Best shotblocking big rotation, and a HOF coach

Denver has a PF who is really a no-defense poor mans WCS, and a rookie PG who stunk it up in China. George Karl made those scrubs look WAY better than they actually were. Fun fact - Faried and Gallo are not that good.

You say this every year. Just another ish homer. - dime a dozen. Only difference is you never shut up. And that's why I enjoy when your team loses - you feel bad and then disappear from the board. Happened last year. :oldlol: and it'll happen again.

I already said Denver won't be good. If you want to start a thread on that, go ahead and I'll gladly participate

But this is about the Kings. And your insecurities. And you not realizing they will miss the playoffs. Again.

And now you have no cap space. And no picks. And no plan.

Cousins already counting down the days.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-05-2015, 03:03 AM
Believe

Just need to sign a backup guard/SF and then we're set

Probs re-sign Casspi

Might get lucky with Lou Williams

Maybe Dorrell Wright or Gerald Green
Green is on my wish list for sure. Still need a backup PF, though, or however they're gonna rotate the bigs. Brandon Bass is next on my wish list.

Cousins
Bass
Gay
McLemore
Rondo
-------
WCS
Koufos
Moreland
Casspi
GGreen
Beli
McCallum Jr
DCollison

I'll be honest - if that team BUYS IN to Karl's system and coaching, they could threaten for a playoff spot fo sho.

Kings are getting there. I love Koufos and Beli signings. Rondo I think is just a signing for the sake of signing. They're a couple more Koufos/Beli-like signings (i.e. Bass and Gerald Green!) away from actually being good.

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 03:12 AM
Green is on my wish list for sure. Still need a backup PF, though, or however they're gonna rotate the bigs. Brandon Bass is next on my wish list.

Cousins
Bass
Gay
McLemore
Rondo
-------
WCS
Koufos
Moreland
Casspi
GGreen
Beli
McCallum Jr
DCollison

I'll be honest - if that team BUYS IN to Karl's system and coaching, they could threaten for a playoff spot fo sho.

Kings are getting there. I love Koufos and Beli signings. Rondo I think is just a signing for the sake of signing. They're a couple more Koufos/Beli-like signings (i.e. Bass and Gerald Green!) away from actually being good.
Just feel like Rondo has his career on the line so he'll be giving it his all

J Shuttlesworth
07-05-2015, 03:15 AM
I'm thinking this is a 68 win team. Gonna wreck the league for sure

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-05-2015, 03:17 AM
Just feel like Rondo has his career on the line so he'll be giving it his all
I pray you are right. And that he isn't hindered by his own physical limitations.

FireDavidKahn
07-05-2015, 03:43 AM
Basically gave up 3 first round picks to dump salary.

Decided to pair Cousins with Rondo:facepalm

'winners in fa':roll:

SwishSquared
07-05-2015, 03:56 AM
In a vacuum, adding Marco & Koufos, both at roughly or slightly above-market prices is a good FA, especially with the cap jumping up going forward. Really dislike the Rondo signing on this specific team and thought he even got paid too much based on performance. Why not sign Corey Joseph for half as much annually to be the backup to Collison? Rondo was worse than Collison last year. RR may behave and overperform, but that just means SAC is more likely to lose their first rounder to Chicago (top 10 protected through 2017) next year and then they have to let Rondo leave or overpay him (most likely) next summer.

However, when you consider that recent trade and what they ended up with- this has been a bad summer. People view SAC as one of the worst run organizations in sports. Marco is a great, reliable shooter off the bench but they could have signed him without clearing all that space. It's fine if they had commitments from guys and then clear space, but don't do that prior to getting commitments.

I like Koufos as a player and he's better than J. Thompson & C. Landry, but they just drafted WCS to play lots of C. I know he's hurt, but is that a reason to sign Koufos when JT was cheaper, had mostly non-guaranteed deal for 2016-2017, and is a capable backup big? I think his fit doesn't make sense after drafting WCS. I don't love playing WCS/Koufos or DMC/Koufos at same time for extended periods every game, which I'd expect to happen.

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 03:56 AM
Basically gave up 3 first round picks to dump salary.

Decided to pair Cousins with Rondo:facepalm

'winners in fa':roll:
Hater Troll.

Kings will do SO much better than the T-Wolves.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-05-2015, 04:06 AM
Hey, GIF REACTIONS, what day are you planning on being a Celtics fan?

Sportal
07-05-2015, 04:25 AM
This team won't make the playoffs in the West.. Who drops out? Portland? Lol...OKC, Phoenix are right there..

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Hey, GIF REACTIONS, what day are you planning on being a Celtics fan?
Hater Troll.

Demarcus is staying put.

DukeDelonte13
07-05-2015, 09:26 AM
the kings are the cleveland browns of the nba.

comerb
07-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Rondo & Cousins in Sacramento should be hilarious. They should start a reality show or something.

Springsteen
07-05-2015, 02:43 PM
This team seems like a disaster on paper, but it might just work out.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Kings are fighting for the 8th seed. :confusedshrug:

T_L_P
07-05-2015, 03:28 PM
You gave a pick to Philly when you could have used the stretch provision and kept it.

:facepalm

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 03:44 PM
What a win...you have a bunch of crazy players that are aging around a 24 year old center....with the upside of this team likely being a round 1 playoff exit.

They drafted a player that doesn't make a ton of sense...then just added another center in free agency...gave away a ton for cap space....

They are the biggest joke franchise in the league, by far, currently.

The won alright...too bad they are playing a completely different game.

PejaNowitzki
07-05-2015, 03:59 PM

Derrick Williams couldn't defend a trash can

Thats not fair, I think he could hold his own with Hibbert.

GIF REACTION
07-05-2015, 04:20 PM
What a win...you have a bunch of crazy players that are aging around a 24 year old center....with the upside of this team likely being a round 1 playoff exit.

They drafted a player that doesn't make a ton of sense...then just added another center in free agency...gave away a ton for cap space....

They are the biggest joke franchise in the league, by far, currently.

The won alright...too bad they are playing a completely different game.
So much wrong with this

They'll do better than Dallas, that's for sure.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Actually WCS was a huge need for the Kings. Yeah it's a redundant position since Cousins is at C, but he's said he's willing to play PF before. But Kings needed a rim protector BAAAAAD. Cousins is only good at taking charges and maybe swatting a shot here or there.

The signing of Koufos makes me think the intention is to move Cousins (or WCS) to PF...