PDA

View Full Version : at least portland is at muuch worse situation

bobopenguin
07-05-2015, 10:27 AM
:lol
i know Lakers fked up big time, but hey, look at portland, i dont feel so bad anymore.
:lol
enjoy ur rebuild with Lillard + fked up medical crews + curse. :lol

RidonKs
07-05-2015, 10:31 AM
blazers are sitting a lot prettier than most teams in the league. the lakers excluded for obvious reasons. but it's never a bad time to be a blazers fan. lillard is top flight, just a little immature. but now he has room to maneuver, time to develop, no pressure to do much of anything except live up to his own hype which he created during all star weekend. it's a contract year and he's got nobody to share the ball with. dude will go ape.

it will be the same old shit where everybody will forget about him for the first few months of next season... and then people will start wondering if he's better than kyrie irving and john wall. he isn't better than either of them right now imo but he can be. next few years will be exciting. blazers fo will have to get busy making it worthwhile for him to stick around.

bobopenguin
07-05-2015, 10:36 AM
blazers are sitting a lot prettier than most teams in the league. the lakers excluded for obvious reasons. but it's never a bad time to be a blazers fan. lillard is top flight, just a little immature. but now he has room to maneuver, time to develop, no pressure to do much of anything except live up to his own hype which he created during all star weekend. it's a contract year and he's got nobody to share the ball with. dude will go ape.

it will be the same old shit where everybody will forget about him for the first few months of next season... and then people will start wondering if he's better than kyrie irving and john wall. he isn't better than either of them right now imo but he can be. next few years will be exciting. blazers fo will have to get busy making it worthwhile for him to stick around.

hey, at least Ed Davis and Aminu is solid. They can contribute, but dunno how long will it take to gel with all other new guys.

Fallen Angel
07-05-2015, 10:40 AM
25 Year Old 2x All-Star/2014 All-NBA Third Teamer, Damian Lillard
#9 Pick of the 2014 NBA Draft, Noah Vonleh
2014 FIBA World Cup Gold Medalist, Mason Plumlee

They also have their 2016 1st Round Pick. So yeah, they're in decent rebuilding state.

Nash
07-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Lillard
Vonleh
Plumlee
Leonard
CJ McCollum(who looked awesome in playoffs, can't wait to see more)

+picks

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Blazers still have a star and don't have Jim Buss. Blazers in a better situation.

Nastradamus
07-05-2015, 11:47 AM
They've made themselves into a completely new and very interesting team.
They have a lot of depth up front, Aminu is intriguing at the 3 and Mccollum is coming up. They need some depth at the 1,2 and 3 now

NugzFan
07-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Lillard
Vonleh
Plumlee
Leonard

+picks

After lillard, not much there at all

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Lillard
Vonleh
Plumlee
Leonard

+picks

Don't get the hate at all. I really like what the Blazers have done. They have a really good young core that can grow together and get better.

They'll be a lottery team probably the next two years and if they hit a couple of their picks....they'll be ripe and ready to go to add a star or fill out the roster.

That Portland team wasn't going to win it around LMA anyway....for them to lose all those guys and still be sitting in this situation is very nice.

Much better than going all in with LMA, Wes on injury, Batum, and Robin...you aren't winning the title with that in this league.

And I'm still not sure why LMA doesn't get criticized for his horrid scoring efficiency and unwillingness to play center the way a team was going to need him to.

Losing LMA hurts the Blazers, long term, a lot less than you guys think.

And I like LMA...he'll be great on a team/franchise like the Spurs. The Blazers weren't the place for him imo.

tpols
07-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Blazers still have a star and don't have Jim Buss. Blazers in a better situation.

Damien lilliard?:lol

Its like having mutumbo in a league of shaq Hakeem's and robinsons lol

The potential upside on russell is more worth it to wait on than what we know lilliard already is.

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 01:49 PM

The potential upside on russell is more worth it to wait on than what we know lilliard already is.

But Lillard surrounded by a good team and a better player could compete.

While I completely agree that Lillard isn't a Curry or Paul or WB...he's good enough to compete with those guys.

You put a superstar player on this team that makes sense and develop this core.

The Blazers will be in a very nice situation...a better one than relying on an aging LMA shooting 48% TS in the playoffs again.

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2015, 02:03 PM

We know he's a 25 year old star that's still getting better.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Don't get the hate at all. I really like what the Blazers have done. They have a really good young core that can grow together and get better.

They'll be a lottery team probably the next two years and if they hit a couple of their picks....they'll be ripe and ready to go to add a star or fill out the roster.

That Portland team wasn't going to win it around LMA anyway....for them to lose all those guys and still be sitting in this situation is very nice.

Much better than going all in with LMA, Wes on injury, Batum, and Robin...you aren't winning the title with that in this league.

And I'm still not sure why LMA doesn't get criticized for his horrid scoring efficiency and unwillingness to play center the way a team was going to need him to.

And I like LMA...he'll be great on a team/franchise like the Spurs. The Blazers weren't the place for him imo.
I really like what the Blazers have done too to weather the storm of LMA leaving. They've loaded up on good young bigs and have McCallum to hopefully turn into a good SG.

They still need a 2nd superstar to compete in the West, down the road obviously. Not sure if Plumlee or Vonleh or McCallum will develop into that in the next 2~3 years. Maybe they luck out in the lottery.

RidonKs
07-05-2015, 02:46 PM

great post

Jasper
07-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Got to feel for their coach....

He was flying high with a team early last year and the year b4

Now the organization will have to scramble .... and in the west that is not easy/

Mirror
07-06-2015, 12:13 AM
After lillard, not much there at all

They'll have shit loads of cap space plus Lillard in a year. If any of those other guys develop, they'll be fine.

BlazerRed
07-06-2015, 12:22 AM

Thanks bro, I needed the pick-me-up.. Blazers 2019 champs :djparty :party:

gts
07-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Blazers still have a star and don't have Jim Buss. Blazers in a better situation.Sadly for you Jim Buss is having a better offseason than Neil Olshey...

RoseCity07
07-06-2015, 01:44 AM
I'd rather have the Blazers roster than what the Lakers have dead serious. We are a couple top draft picks away from being back in contention. The management is good at drafting unlike the Lakers. The best draft pick Lakers have gotten in the last 20 years is Andrew Bynum. They never develop talent. The only sign established players.