PDA

View Full Version : 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship Finals USA vs Croatia Game Thread

tragicbronson
07-05-2015, 01:09 PM
I think you can watch it here if you are interested
http://www.livebasketball.tv/

What do you think, does Croatia stand a chance? They are missing some of the key players so i think it's a big thing they even came this far but there's always a chance. USA is the best team i'd say but the difference between them and the other teams is not so big as it is with senior squads.

Players to watch on Croatian side.

Ivica Zubac 7'1'' center 2 years younger than his competition, big and strong, really plays well, has like 80% fg in the last couple of games.

Marko Arapovic. Big guy that can really shoot, but i think he relies too much on that aspect of his game so he had games where he shot something like 3-15 but if he gets it going he can really decide games.

Luka Bozic. 6'5'' SF, really versatile, nice shot, playing it cool, really like his game

Achilleas
07-05-2015, 01:11 PM
i will watch the game,who is the best player from usa;
and do you think anyone from usa team will be a star in the nba;

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Probably doesn't matter anyway...

If the USA had decided to send their more talented players, this would have been a cakewalk.

tragicbronson
07-05-2015, 01:20 PM
i will watch the game,who is the best player from usa;
and do you think anyone from usa team will be a star in the nba;

Brunson is clearly their best player, really looks mature and a level above others but i don't think he'll ever be a star in the NBA. He may have a nice college career but that should be it. Tatum and Giles have bigger potential, they could be something more but it's really early to talk about it.

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Probably doesn't matter anyway...

If the USA had decided to send their more talented players, this would have been a cakewalk.

It's Croatia's 2nd team.

USA only beat Greece's 2nd team in the semifinals because they missed a bunch of free throws down the stretch.

And according to USA Basketball and their coaching staff, these are 12 of the 16 USA best players in the entire nation, as performed over a 3 month competition.

Maga_1
07-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Brunson is their best player but i have the impression that he's not going to develop a lot more, it's weird to see but his game is "too much mature" for his age. Just an impression.

I like Jason Tantum, i think he has tremendous potential.
Harry Giles is well rounded, lots of ofensive skills but lacks something.. maybe getting a lot stronger? I still don't get if he's a 3 or a 4.

Arapovic still is the best player on the court, tremendous talent. Just a lil bit off in the first half.
Slavica is very very intriguing, athleticism off the charts. I see so many similarities with Hezonja, even when he pull from 3. (Even tho Hezonja was way more mature at this stage).

Maga_1
07-05-2015, 03:19 PM
What - a - game!

chips93
07-05-2015, 03:24 PM
What - a - game!

i missed the second half, i only tuned in for the last couple seconds of the 4th

what happened?

Maga_1
07-05-2015, 03:28 PM
i missed the second half, i only tuned in for the last couple seconds of the 4th

what happened?

Croatia lost their best player in Arapovic because of the foul trouble.
Slavica and Bozic took the game and made them go to overtime!

In the overtime USA defense suffocated Croatia and it's a 10 point game with 1.17s left

KG215
07-05-2015, 03:33 PM
It's Croatia's 2nd team.

USA only beat Greece's 2nd team in the semifinals because they missed a bunch of free throws down the stretch.

And according to USA Basketball and their coaching staff, these are 12 of the 16 USA best players in the entire nation, as performed over a 3 month competition.
Yawn.

Another gold medal for USA men's basketball in international play. Just another day at the office.

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Yawn.

Another gold medal for USA men's basketball in international play. Just another day at the office.

Just truly laughable. We even send our second-tier players over there, and they STILL romp to a title.

I think FIBA needs to set-up "USA" rules to even things out. Like the USA can only play four players at a time. And every made FG only counts for 1 point, etc.

Oh, and to make the rest of the world happy..make it like our Tee-Ball leagues...where everyone wins a trophy.

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Just truly laughable. We even send our second-tier players over there, and they STILL romp to a title.

I think FIBA needs to set-up "USA" rules to even things out. Like the USA can only play four players at a time. And every made FG only counts for 1 point, etc.

Oh, and to make the rest of the world happy..make it like our Tee-Ball leagues...where everyone wins a trophy.

USA best players beat the other team's 2nd teams with half their players missing and injured.

And BARELY beat them.

What was funny was how even the AMERICAN announcers after the games were saying how Greece and Croatia had as good or better players than USA did........

https://media0.giphy.com/media/q3bKJQuvnjAJi/200.gif

chips93
07-05-2015, 04:10 PM
you guys didnt even watch the game, why do you care to discuss it?

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 04:12 PM
USA best players beat the other team's 2nd teams with half their players missing and injured.

And BARELY beat them.

What was funny was how even the AMERICAN announcers after the games were saying how Greece and Croatia had as good or better players than USA did........

https://media0.giphy.com/media/q3bKJQuvnjAJi/200.gif

Keep telling yourself that.

REALITY...USA >>>>> the rest of the world.

Rooster
07-05-2015, 04:12 PM

Minor league like Euroleague has a rule that limit a number of Americans in a team. :oldlol:

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 04:14 PM

Why waste the time? As usual, the USA sends a team of misfits overseas, and they dominate the best of the world.

I decided to watch reruns of Happy Days instead.

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Brunson is their best player but i have the impression that he's not going to develop a lot more, it's weird to see but his game is "too much mature" for his age. Just an impression.

I like Jason Tantum, i think he has tremendous potential.
Harry Giles is well rounded, lots of ofensive skills but lacks something.. maybe getting a lot stronger? I still don't get if he's a 3 or a 4.

Arapovic still is the best player on the court, tremendous talent. Just a lil bit off in the first half.
Slavica is very very intriguing, athleticism off the charts. I see so many similarities with Hezonja, even when he pull from 3. (Even tho Hezonja was way more mature at this stage).

Brunson is like a combination of Damon Stoudamire and Derek Fisher.

Crystallas
07-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Do you think FIBA would allow the USA womens U19 to play next tourney?

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 04:18 PM

Because they are racist assholes that only post to make attacks against Europeans or "foreigners" whenever the subject of international basketball comes up.

If you have not figured that out yet, then you are not very quick on the uptake.

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Keep telling yourself that.

REALITY...USA >>>>> the rest of the world.

Reality ....it's time for you to go hoist up another confederate flag, and go burn another cross on someone's lawn.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/6XGN2Bng2WYTK/200.gif

Profound
07-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Shame we didn't get to see Dragan Bender at all was really looking forward to watching him.

Nashty
07-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Play of the day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAD18pdBOT0)

tragicbronson
07-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Both Lazeruss and Euroleague exaggerate big time. I don't know if it is something between them or they are just trying to get a reaction.

Euroleague is constantly saying that Croatia and Greece sent their 2nd teams to the tournament, while i don't know about Greece, i know that Croatia didn't send their B team as you say it. Best player, Dragan Bender, future lottery pick was out because of the problems with sponsors and 2 other important players were also out. That really hurt the team since starters had to carry a big load, rotation was really short, but to say that this was a 2nd team would be a lie.

Lazeruss is saying the same thing about the USA and again, just as the Euroleague, whom he really despise, is lieing. And to say that it was easy for them, i don't know if you watched a game, but Croatia was really close to the victory, Luka Bozic missed a free throw 4seconds before the end of the 4th quarter to give Croatia a 1 point lead.

It was a great game, there are some really promising players, congratulations USA, but try to stay humble, everybody knows(except Euroleague :D ) that USA has without a doubt the best basketball team in the world, you don't need to constantly point that out. :cheers:

Dom213
07-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Reality ....it's time for you to go hoist up another confederate flag, and go burn another cross on someone's lawn.

Says the hick from Arkansas.

Maga_1
07-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Play of the day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAD18pdBOT0)

And he would have the play of the tournament if he made the dunk in the semi finals that he missed in the fast break trying to posterize a guy.. I'm going to find a link.

kaktus14
07-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Both Lazeruss and Euroleague exaggerate big time. I don't know if it is something between them or they are just trying to get a reaction.

Euroleague is constantly saying that Croatia and Greece sent their 2nd teams to the tournament, while i don't know about Greece, i know that Croatia didn't send their B team as you say it. Best player, Dragan Bender, future lottery pick was out because of the problems with sponsors and 2 other important players were also out. That really hurt the team since starters had to carry a big load, rotation was really short, but to say that this was a 2nd team would be a lie.

Lazeruss is saying the same thing about the USA and again, just as the Euroleague, whom he really despise, is lieing. And to say that it was easy for them, i don't know if you watched a game, but Croatia was really close to the victory, Luka Bozic missed a free throw 4seconds before the end of the 4th quarter to give Croatia a 1 point lead.

It was a great game, there are some really promising players, congratulations USA, but try to stay humble, everybody knows(except Euroleague :D ) that USA has without a doubt the best basketball team in the world, you don't need to constantly point that out. :cheers:

It wasn't B team but 3 players from starting 5 were missed,Mazalin,Bender,Zizic.

Great game from Cro tho, they sticked to game plan and fought, too bad for missed FT but thats life,but future is bright for Cro basketball

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Lazeruss is saying because USA missed one, two, maybe 3 players, or as according to their own coach and USA basketball, they had 12 of the top 16 players in the entire country as they had tested out over 3 months........

he is claiming because of that they send a "second team"......

if that is the case then both Greece and Croatia played with their second team, and TOP OF THAT, the second team of Greece was injured.

I'm not exaggerating anything. I am using his own SICK IN THE HEAD "logic" against him. Rooster and KG215 claimed the exact same shit in the thread also.

At least have the damn courtesy to call out the actual perpetrators of the trolling.

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Lazeruss is saying because USA missed one, two, maybe 3 players, or as according to their own coach and USA basketball, they had 16 of the top 16 players in the entire country as they had tested out over 3 months........

he is claiming because of that they send a "second team"......

if that is the case then both Greece and Croatia played with their second team, and TOP OF THAT, the second team of Greece was injured.

I'm not exaggerating anything. I am using his own SICK IN THE HEAD "logic" against him. Rooster and KG215 claimed the exact same shit in the thread also.

At least have the damn courtesy to call out the actual perpetrators of the trolling.

Here is REALITY.

The team that we sent to that second-rate tournament might have 1-2 possible NBA players, and more than likely, if that, they won't be stars.

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 07:34 PM
It wasn't B team but 3 players from starting 5 were missed,Mazalin,Bender,Zizic.

Great game from Cro tho, they sticked to game plan and fought, too bad for missed FT but thats life,but future is bright for Cro basketball

https://media4.giphy.com/media/QjArfKbg5ICvS/200.gif

These freaking SOBs like Rooster, KG215, and lazeruss (AKA gabepizza) claim here hundreds of times that this would constitute a "B" or even a "C" team it if was USA playing.

And tragic is going to call me out just for calling them out on their trolling?

Piss off tragic.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/hHUakEcHLfpLy/200.gif

chips93
07-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Why waste the time? As usual, the USA sends a team of misfits overseas, and they dominate the best of the world.

I decided to watch reruns of Happy Days instead.

If you didn't watch the game why do you care to post about?

It's obviously just to argue with euroleague

you ruin a thread like this for people who actually have a genuine interest in discussing international basketball.

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 07:38 PM
If you didn't watch the game why do you care to post about?

It's obviously just to argue with euroleague

you ruin a thread like this for people who actually have a genuine interest in discussing international basketball.

It's not to troll. Stop saying that. It's because he's a racist POS. How many times does this have to be explained here?

It's amazing how stupid you people are.

They are RACISTS. It's unbelievable what sheltered pieces of shit you clowns are that you can't even identify blatant racism when it is right in front of you.

The people that refuse to call the racism out and do anything about it, and just call it "trolling" are only a little bit better than the racists to be totally honest about it.

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 07:39 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/QjArfKbg5ICvS/200.gif

These freaking SOBs like Rooster, KG215, and lazeruss (AKA gabepizza) claim here hundreds of times that this would constitute a "B" or even a "C" team it if was USA playing.

And tragic is going to call me out just for calling them out on their trolling?

Piss off tragic.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/hHUakEcHLfpLy/200.gif

And you keep spouting nonsense like this...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282976

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309399

I'm sorry to tell you, but IF there were ANY US colleges that were thinking about signing this POS, you can be sure they are in the process of rescinding those invitations right now.

Your boy Papagiannis will have to settle for being a career backup in the Euroleague.

Pure garbage.

The next Sabonis?!

Again...at best, the next Uwe Blab (and really...nope...not even that good.)

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 07:42 PM
And you keep spouting nonsense like this...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282976

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309399

I'm sorry to tell you, but IF there were ANY US colleges that were thinking about signing this POS, you can be sure they are in the process of rescinding those invitations right now.

Your boy Papagiannis will have to settle for being a career backup in the Euroleague.

Pure garbage.

The next Sabonis?!

Again...at best, the next Uwe Blab (and really...nope...not even that good.)

Don't you have a Nazi book burning rally to attend somewhere?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/ykVoReZPlGekg/200.gif

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Don't you have a Nazi book burning rally to attend somewhere?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/ykVoReZPlGekg/200.gif

Pretty amazing coming from someone that so vigerously defends Europe.

I am WHITE, and yet, my Top-10 has 9 BLACKS. Oh, and my Top-20 has another four more WHITES.

How about YOUR list, my friend.

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Pretty amazing coming from someone that so vigerously defends Europe.

I am WHITE, and yet, my Top-10 has 9 BLACKS. Oh, and my Top-20 has another four more WHITES.

How about YOUR list, my friend.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/PBJw6ZSMYmzXq/200.gif

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 07:59 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/PBJw6ZSMYmzXq/200.gif

Not a racist. A realist.

Euroleague=Trash.

And when we do send our rejects to Euroleague, they win MVPs and titles.

All hail the God of Euroleague...the great Anthony Parker.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Euroleague
07-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Not a racist.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/xTiTntqIidUgoey68E/200.gif

Maga_1
07-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Not a racist. A realist.

Euroleague=Trash.

And when we do send our rejects to Euroleague, they win MVPs and titles.

All hail the God of Euroleague...the great Anthony Parker.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Man shut the **** up.
Argue with Euroleague on private messages.
I'm tired of your bullshits, create a random thread and chat with them.. I don't want to read all that shit that you write in every international thread.

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Man shut the **** up.
Argue with Euroleague on private messages.
I'm tired of your bullshits, create a random thread and chat with them.. I don't want to read all that shit that you write in every international thread.

Look, I do apologize to those here that really have an interest in these "tournaments." Good for you.

Now, here is my take.

These are 19 year-old and younger...some being 17, I believe, and perhaps even younger.

Guess what? Who really cares?

If I told you that Shaq was not even considered the best center on his own team when he arrived at LSU, you would probably laugh me off this forum. The reality was, Dale Brown actually believed Stanley Roberts was the better player. And you know what? He was. In their scrimmages, Roberts routinely outplayed Shaq. And yet, less than two years later, and before he even left LSU, Shaq was already a top-5 center...in the WORLD.

Look up the name Johnny Neumann when you get a chance. The man had a college season of 40 ppg. Some were even comparing him to Pistol Pete. And yet, he was basically a bust in the ABA. As was Rick Mount.

And how about Tyler Hansborough? He was winning CPOY of the year, and breaking school records. Then, we realized...he can't shoot, dribble, rebound, pass, or defend. His best assets...he can take a charge, and get in fights with the other team's better players. Basically worthless.

So, these "world" tournaments are basically meaningless. Hell, we seldom even send our best players, and on top of that, we don't even KNOW who are best players really are.

And this clown Euroleague inundates this forum with nonsensical topics such as Papagiannis is going to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft. Granted, he is only 18...and like Shaq...who really knows. But, please don't make these topics as FACT.

And I know that I have been brutal on the "Euro's" There have been several great, or at least potentially great players from Europe. Dirk, is probably Top-20 all-time in the NBA. And other's like the Gasols...well at last Pau...very good. One of my favorite players growing up was Swen Nater. Look him up. He was a backup behind Walton at UCLA, and went on to have an outstanding pro career.

And Sabonis? I think a healthy Sabonis would have had the potential to be a Top-15 all-time NBA center. In any case, this guy was outplaying guys like Sampson. And he and Robinson basically battled to draws...albeit, Robinson developed into a much better player than he was then.

And the rest of the world has provided the NBA with many good, to average, to below-average players. But, I have long maintained that those "average and below" players could just as easily be filled by US D-Leaguers and some college talent.

But let's not act like the rest of the world has given us their Shaq's, Kareem's, Magic's, Bird's, Wilt's, and MJ's. They haven't. PERIOD. And while I don't consider Hakeem even close to those levels, the reality was, it was the US that developed him. Same with Ewing. And Duncan not only developed his game in the US, he was from the US Virgin Islands.

And yet we have this POS constantly make topics about just how great Euroleague is. And just how great players like Papagiannis are. Oh, and for some strange reason he honestly believes that Spanoulis is a world-class player. The reality...he was a complete bust in the NBA.

So, once again I apologize to those that actually enjoy these topics, and I will try to refrain from making a mockery of them again. But hopefully Euroleague does the same.

Dr.J4ever
07-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Look, I do apologize to those here that really have an interest in these "tournaments." Good for you.

Now, here is my take.

These are 19 year-old and younger...some being 17, I believe, and perhaps even younger.

If I told you that Shaq was not even considered the best center on his own team when he arrived at LSU, you would probably laugh me off this forum. The reality was, Dale Brown actually believed Stanley Roberts was the better player. And you know what? He was. In their scrimmages, Roberts routinely outplayed Shaq. And yet, less than two years later, and before he even left LSU, Shaq was already a top-5 center...in the WORLD.

Look up the name Johnny Neumann when you get a chance. The man had a college season of 40 ppg. Some were even comparing him to Pistol Pete. And yet, he was basically a bust in the ABA. As was Rick Mount.

And how about Tyler Hansborough? He was winning CPOY of the year, and breaking school records. Then, we realized...he can't shoot, dribble, rebound, pass, or defend. His best assets...he can take a charge, and get in fights with the other team's better players. Basically worthless.

So, these "world" tournaments are basically meaningless. Hell, we seldom even send our best players, and on top of that, we don't even KNOW who are best players really are.

And this clown Euroleague inundates this forum with nonsensical topics such as Papagiannis is going to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft. Granted, he is only 18...and like Shaq...who really knows. But, please don't make these topics as FACT.

And I know that I have been brutal on the "Euro's" There have been several great, or at least potentially great players from Europe. Dirk, is probably Top-20 all-time in the NBA. And other's like the Gasols...well at last Pau...very good. One of my favorite players growing up was Swen Nater. Look him up. He was a backup behind Walton at UCLA, and went on to have an outstanding pro career.

And Sabonis? I think a healthy Sabonis would have had the potential to be a Top-15 all-time NBA center. In any case, this guy was outplaying guys like Sampson. And he and Robinson basically battled to draws...albeit, Robinson developed into a much better player than he was then.

And the rest of the world has provided the NBA with many good, to average, to below-average players. But, I have long maintained that those "average and below" players could just as easily be filled by US D-Leaguers and some college talent.

But let's not act like the rest of the world has given us their Shaq's, Kareem's, Magic's, Bird's, Wilt's, and MJ's. They haven't. PERIOD. And while I don't consider Hakeem even close to those levels, the reality was, it was the US that developed him. Same with Ewing. And Duncan not only developed his game in the US, he was from the US Virgin Islands.

And yet we have this POS constantly make topics about just how great Euroleague is. And just how great players like Papagiannis are. Oh, and for some strange reason he honestly believes that Spanoulis is a world-class player. The reality...he was a complete bust in the NBA.

So, once again I apologize to those that actually enjoy these topics, and I will try to refrain from making a mockery of them again. But hopefully Euroleague does the same.

Be kinder, Laz.

Not one thing you said above isn't true, but I like watching international basketball(well this one I missed), especially among the men's senior level. It's not because they are necessarily better than Americans, but due to the contrast in styles, the difference in schools of thought on how the game should be played, the collision of basketball worlds,and the more fundamental style internationals use, which is kind of a throwback really.

But yeah, not this tournament, but the last Fiba worlds showed how much more dominant US hoops have become over the rest of the world after a bit of a period when parity seemed to be inevitable from 2000-2006.

Last year's tournament, played without Durant or Lebron, but with Kyrie and Steph showed how far internationals need to reach for full parity.

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Be kinder, Laz.

Not one thing you said above isn't true, but I like watching international basketball(well this one I missed), especially among the men's senior level. It's not because they are necessarily better than Americans, but due to the contrast in styles, the difference in schools of thought on how the game should be played, the collision of basketball worlds, and the more fundamental style internationals use, which is kind of a throwback really.

But yeah, not this tournament, but the last Fiba worlds showed how much more dominant US hoops have become over the rest of the world after a bit of a period when parity seemed to be inevitable from 2000-2006.

Last year's tournament, played without Durant or Lebron, but with Kyrie and Steph showed how far internationals need to reach for full parity.

I will try.

And good post.

:cheers:

Maga_1
07-05-2015, 11:16 PM

Now, here is my take.

Man, look i don't care about your beef with him.
I get why people do that and i get sometimes why he does that too with you guys.

But i don't really want to read that "blablabla american rejects", "blablabla minor league", "blablabla we got money and athleticism", "blablabla we always win".

I like basketball, pure and simple.
You put me to watch an under16 game between Guatemala and Jamaica and i will watch because i like the complexity variances between every single game that i watch.
If you like basketball like i (and certainly more people do) you will get it.
You have to respect that we are the guys that wake up at 3am to watch NBA and we watch euro basketball at 6pm and we don't care what the level is, it's basketball and we don't need to downgrade the others to make us feel good like most of you do (or troll, or whatever).

Basketball will always have various levels but finding joy watching them it's what makes you a basketball fan.
And you certainly have to agree with me that the gap of talent between the US and most of world is decreasing, even if it's just a little bit.

I know you didn't watch a single game of this competition.
But i can name you at least 20 players non-US that the u19 US coach would like to have the opportunity to work with, because the talent is there.

LAZERUSS
07-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Man, look i don't care about your beef with him.
I get why people do that and i get sometimes why he does that too with you guys.

But i don't really want to read that "blablabla american rejects", "blablabla minor league", "blablabla we got money and athleticism", "blablabla we always win".

I like basketball, pure and simple.
You put me to watch an under16 game between Guatemala and Jamaica and i will watch because i like the complexity variances between every single game that i watch.
If you like basketball like i (and certainly more people do) you will get it.
You have to respect that we are the guys that wake up at 3am to watch NBA and we watch euro basketball at 6pm and we don't care what the level is, it's basketball and we don't need to downgrade the others to make us feel good like most of you do (or troll, or whatever).

Basketball will always have various levels but finding joy watching them it's what makes you a basketball fan.
And you certainly have to agree with me that the gap of talent between the US and most of world is decreasing, even if it's just a little bit.

I know you didn't watch a single game of this competition.
But i can name you at least 20 players non-US that the u19 US coach would like to have the opportunity to work with, because the talent is there.

Maga_1
07-05-2015, 11:32 PM

Do you want me to name you the guys?
I certainly can do that and it would be true.

Do you think that some of the top youth european players playing in the NCAA would get all the hype like most of americans do?
I'm going to give you an example. Alonzo Trier, big time player according to most of the recruit websites. He was a non-factor in every tournament, yet.. he's hyped a lot.
Do you know who Nik Slavica is? I can say that we would thrive playing NCAA and getting ready for NBA and he's not even top3 in his team.

We all know that US has a TREMENDOUS pool of talent, but your youth system totally sucks comparing to Europe in terms of competitions and trainning style.

Euroleague
07-06-2015, 01:50 PM

Now, here is my take.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/XNzYBOhw7C3mw/200.gif

Rooster
07-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Do you want me to name you the guys?
I certainly can do that and it would be true.

Do you think that some of the top youth european players playing in the NCAA would get all the hype like most of americans do?
I'm going to give you an example. Alonzo Trier, big time player according to most of the recruit websites. He was a non-factor in every tournament, yet.. he's hyped a lot.
Do you know who Nik Slavica is? I can say that we would thrive playing NCAA and getting ready for NBA and he's not even top3 in his team.

We all know that US has a TREMENDOUS pool of talent, but your youth system totally sucks comparing to Europe in terms of competitions and trainning style.

Give it a rest:no:

Greece just bended over and gave Tyler Dorsey a passport and he was clearly their best player.

What training and competition:pimp:

You guys keep naturalizing our players to play for your national team.:rolleyes:

Euroleague
07-06-2015, 03:02 PM

Greece just bended over and gave Tyler Dorsey a passport and he was clearly their best player.

You guys keep naturalizing our players to play for your national team.:rolleyes:

Greece never used a naturalized player in its entire history.

USA on the other hand has used a whole bunch of naturalized players. Even Seikaly that they stole from Greece.

Patrick Ewing
Hakeem Olajuwon
Rony Seikaly
Tim Duncan

Not to mention how many other "foreign born" players Team USA has used (a favorite TROLL claim of the RACIST POS SOBs like YOU when directed at other countries).

Kyrie Irving
Steve Kerr
Dominique Wilkins
Carlos Boozer

etc., etc., there are more.

PLUS, all of the players Team USA has used that were "developed in other countries" (a favorite TROLL claim of the RACIST POS SOBs like YOU when directed at other countries).

Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant
Steve Kerr
Rony Seikaly
Tim Duncan

etc., etc., there are more.

Then there is the whole fact that, you know, it was the USA itself that petitioned FIBA to create the naturalized player rule in the first place, so that guys like Hakeem and Ewing could play for Team "USA", despite not being allowed to under the rules, because Hakeem was a part of Jordan's national team, and Ewing was a part of Jamaica's national team.

Even going one step further....

Tim Duncan already played for the Virgin Islands national team, and Team USA STOLE HIM off the Virgin Islands national team. Just like they stole Seikaly away from Greece (he was even training with Greece's national team at the time they stole him to naturalize him).

One better....Patrick Ewing's son, Patrick Jr., he plays for the Jamaican national team, you know, because Team USA didn't steal him from Jamaica, because I guess they did not figure he was worth stealing from Jamaica (his actual national team) and then paying him to play for USA.

And newsflash retard, you can't be naturalized in Greece without living in the country for 5 consecutive years. So calling Dorsey "naturalized" is lame as **** trolling.

You might want to up your troll shtick game. Because yours is WEAK AS ****ING HELL.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/cz7qzDJoYAg5G/200.gif

Maga_1
07-07-2015, 12:23 AM

He's a good player. He could even be from Mongolia or something like that, it doesn't matter :lol

Actually, it matters. Since you know a lot of european basketball, how the hell is he there?

LAZERUSS
07-07-2015, 12:26 AM
He's a good player. He could even be from Mongolia or something like that, it doesn't matter :lol

Actually, it matters. Since you know a lot of european basketball, how the hell is he there?

Something about his Grandmother was Greek. It was a lame excuse.

Euroleague
07-07-2015, 02:04 AM
His mother is Greek you freaking idiot.