PDA

View Full Version : Robert Upshaw

AirTupac
07-05-2015, 06:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/S5JiOHV.jpg

Do you think this kid can pull it together (has had past issues with his behavior) and become the steal of the draft? He seems to be a headcase but hes young.

BigNBAfan
07-05-2015, 06:03 PM
PER40? C'mon mang

FireDavidKahn
07-05-2015, 08:53 PM
No chance. Can't take crazy and cancer out of someone.

STATUTORY
07-05-2015, 08:55 PM
drug use aside, best big prospect in the draft

once kobe put that midas touch on him

he gonna be good

bobopenguin
07-05-2015, 08:59 PM
7 blocks per game?
wow...

but again, if he wishes to become like Beasley.. then no one can help him.

HylianNightmare
07-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Hopefully, the Lakers need everything to go right

Straight_Ballin
07-05-2015, 09:28 PM
He's an Upshaw.

Potential is limitless.

Need I say more:

http://www.dksbaseballcards.com/WillieUpshaw-1.jpg

longtime lurker
07-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Question about his drug use. Was he doing hard drugs or weed? Because if its weed then its absolutely ridiculous since it should be legal.

inclinerator
07-05-2015, 09:39 PM
robert shaww

Dro
07-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Thought you were talking about that wack azz poster who makes stupid ass "I get it now" threads, yet never comes back to answer for all the times he was wrong........

AirTupac
07-11-2015, 07:12 PM
He's out of shape and he managed to get a few blocks on KAT. He made a great move on Upshaw and Upshaw still blocked his shot! That's straight up INSTINCT, TIMING and elite LENGTH. If Upshaw was better conditioned, wow...

ClipperRevival
07-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Only based on what I saw in yesterday's game, he's pretty stiff. Of course, if he was more fluid and coordinated, he would've went much higher. But he has the wingspan (7'5") and standing reach (9'5") you can't teach. So he's a big guy in the middle. Not as stiff as a Hibbert but I would've liked to see a little more fluidity. But still, he's got some potential. Let's see what he can do.

Lakers Fan
07-11-2015, 08:32 PM
So the Lakers just signed him to a 2 year deal? They must be very impressed with him.

I Love the Game
07-11-2015, 08:34 PM
So the Lakers just signed him to a 2 year deal? They must be very impressed with him.

Second year is a team option I believe. I think we'll see Upshaw start out in the D-League so Mitch and the team can evaluate him as he gets back in shape. Dude being a headaches makes me nervous, but we've had success taming headaches in the past (MWP for example).

chocolatethunder
07-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Ding ding ding

/thread

Lakers Fan
07-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Second year is a team option I believe. I think we'll see Upshaw start out in the D-League so Mitch and the team can evaluate him as he gets back in shape. Dude being a headaches makes me nervous, but we've had success taming headaches in the past (MWP for example).

Actually Rodman was working out really well with the Lakers too but Rambis was in over his head as a young coach, and couldn't be bothered accept a little stress from his off the court antics.

hawksdogsbraves
07-11-2015, 08:44 PM

Idk about that. A guy can mature a lot from being a 19 year old punk to a 23 year old man. Look at Whiteside in Miami.

Not saying it's easy or even likely, but it's worth a shot.

FireDavidKahn
07-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Idk about that. A guy can mature a lot from being a 19 year old punk to a 23 year old man. Look at Whiteside in Miami.

Not saying it's easy or even likely, but it's worth a shot.
Whiteside was crazy and immature in Miami last year...Wade even called him out on it.:oldlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SklqtiGoWGQ

Chris Wittyngham
‏@1043Chris
Dwyane Wade with strong words about Hassan Whiteside. Transcribed from his postgame interview.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_tHytNUsAAafC_.jpg

Mature?:oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
07-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Whiteside was crazy and immature in Miami last year...Wade even called him out on it.:oldlol:

Yeah but he still played great and the Heat have a lot of hope for him. If you have talent especially as a big man you're gonna get a lot of chances in this league.

I don't know that Upshaw or Whiteside will ever get it together but it's not like it's impossible. Look at guys like Rasheed Wallace or Zach Randolph.

FireDavidKahn
07-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Yeah but he still played great and the Heat have a lot of hope for him. If you have talent especially as a big man you're gonna get a lot of chances in this league.

I don't know that Upshaw or Whiteside will ever get it together but it's not like it's impossible. Look at guys like Rasheed Wallace or Zach Randolph.
Guys who are legitimately crazy like Whiteside and Upshaw wont ever mature. They may get chance after chance because of their bodies but they will never calm down and be reliable. Whiteside only got back into the league because his frame filled out.

hawksdogsbraves
07-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Guys who are legitimately crazy like Whiteside and Upshaw wont ever mature. They may get chance after chance because of their bodies but they will never calm down and be reliable. Whiteside only got back into the league because his frame filled out.

Yeah maybe but if you've got somebody as talented as Whiteside or if you're a team as shitty as the Lakers then it's worth taking a chance.