PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Lakers and Mavs working on S&T for Lin

konex
07-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Sources: Dallas engaging Lakers on sign-and-trade options for free agent Jeremy Lin. Mavs low on space to sign him to market-level deal.

What do the Mavs have that we want? Picks?

34-24 Footwork
07-05-2015, 06:45 PM
I'll take Amare, even though most laker fans don't want em. Dude has PLENTY to prove.

HylianNightmare
07-05-2015, 06:46 PM
For Bernard James and Charlie V hopefully

brownmamba00
07-05-2015, 06:47 PM
EricPincus: Lakers liked Justin Anderson a lot in the draft, he was easily #27 if he fell - naturally he didn't (21st) long shot Dallas give him up

something like Anderson + 2nd rounder

BallsOut

A future first round pick and cash should do it

kentatm
the expiring contract of Ray Felton and a 3 way S&T w/Indiana involving Hibbert and Monta are probably what the talks center on

34-24 Footwork
07-05-2015, 06:49 PM
the expiring contract of Ray Felton and a 3 way S&T w/Indiana involving Hibbert and Monta are probably what the talks center on

Didn't Monta just sign 4 years with Indiana?

BallsOut
07-05-2015, 06:49 PM

Why would the Lakers want the corpse of Raymond Felton on this team when they already have Russell and Lou Williams at PG? Not to mention Jordan Clarkson..

Dallas is going to have to throw in a 1st round pick if they want Lin.

34-24 Footwork
07-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Raymond Felton for BBQ ribs and a playstation 3. Not giving up sh1t else for him.

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 06:50 PM

Bingo.

This is kind of too bad.

I think this opens up like 10 million of cap room if we do the Ellis sign and trade (perhaps more if we dump Felton in the deal along the way)...I'd have rather gone out and gotten a guy like Lou Williams on a good 3 year contract than overpay Lin for a year with that space.

FKAri
07-05-2015, 06:51 PM
I'll take Amare, even though most laker fans don't want em. Dude has PLENTY to prove.

No. No he doesn't.

- 0 athleticism
- cant rebound
- cant score unless spoonfed aside from a wide open 15 footer
- cant defend

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Why would the Lakers want the corpse of Raymond Felton on this team when they already have Russell and Lou Williams at PG? Not to mention Jordan Clarkson..

Good god no.

34-24 Footwork
07-05-2015, 06:52 PM
No. No he doesn't.

- 0 athleticism
- cant rebound
- cant defend

Wow....Dafuq are you talking about? Dude battled through some serious injuries, I'll take a healthy Amare.

34-24 Footwork
07-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Lol @ dumping lin on the Mavs. Get it done.

BallsOut
07-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Bingo.

This is kind of too bad.

I think this opens up like 10 million of cap room if we do the Ellis sign and trade (perhaps more if we dump Felton in the deal along the way)...I'd have rather gone out and gotten a guy like Lou Williams on a good 3 year contract than overpay Lin for a year with that space.

You'll be lucky if the Mavs are only overpaying Lin for one year. The kind of deals they've been signing this offseason, I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas offered Lin 3 years 24 mill in a S&T. Dude is BFFs with Parsons :oldlol:

StephHamann
07-05-2015, 06:54 PM
something like Anderson + 2nd rounder

Are you on drugs?

kentatm
07-05-2015, 06:55 PM

His value is that he has a decent sized expiring contract that the Lakers could use down the road in a trade.

He is also a pretty damn good teammate and the kind of guy that is good for a bench b/c he works hard in practice and doesn't complain about PT. (at least that was the case in Dallas)

and :lol at a first rounder for Lin

Didn't Monta just sign 4 years with Indiana?

he has agreed to terms but nobody can ink a deal until July 9. This gives teams a chance to try to work out S&Ts for players they are losing.

christian1923
07-05-2015, 06:55 PM
No. No he doesn't.

- 0 athleticism
- cant rebound
- cant defend
Sounds like a you didn't watch any amare last year

BallsOut
07-05-2015, 06:56 PM
[/B]

Good god no.

We could let Lin walk for nothing and you guys wouldn't be able to sign him since you're way over the cap. Dallas is going to have to give up at least a draft pick if they want Lin.

Lebron23
07-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Stephamman made the right prediction.

brownmamba00
07-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Are you on drugs?
Dallas will need to give up something whether it's a rookie or a first round pick, Lakers ain't helping out Mark Cuban for free.

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 06:57 PM
We could let Lin walk for nothing and you guys wouldn't be able to sign him since you're way over the cap. Dallas is going to have to give up at least a draft pick if they want Lin.

You aren't getting a first rounder for facilitating ****ing sign and trade with Jeremy Lin.

Unless Cuban is still drunk...

konex
07-05-2015, 06:59 PM
and at a first rounder for Lin

Houston GAVE us a first rounder to take him last year :roll:

StephHamann
07-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Dallas will need to give up something whether it's a rookie or a first round pick, Lakers ain't helping out Mark Cuban for free.

Second rounder at best. Maybe Dwight Powell, but giving up Anderson would destroy our nice offseason.

34-24 Footwork
07-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Man...I used to think I was another delusional laker fan, but some of you are really fvcking stupid and under estimate NBA players who aren't necessarily household names.

Hibbert, Williams and potentially Amare are GREAT additions considering how fast the free agency market is drying up.

imnew09
07-05-2015, 07:02 PM
I dont mind anything. Just dump him

34-24 Footwork
07-05-2015, 07:02 PM
And quite frankily, after Marc Gasol got punked by Draymond Gree in the playoffs, it was too reminiscent of 2008 Pau Gasol.

brownmamba00
07-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Second rounder at best. Maybe Dwight Powell, but giving up Anderson would destroy our nice offseason.
no thanks send your trash to philly not LA.

BallsOut
07-05-2015, 07:18 PM
You aren't getting a first rounder for facilitating ****ing sign and trade with Jeremy Lin.

Lakers aren't giving Lin up to the Mavs for free. They could let him walk for free. Mavs gotta give up at least a draft pick if they want Lin.

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Lakers aren't giving Lin up to the Mavs for free. They could let him walk for free. Mavs gotta give up at least a draft pick if they want Lin.

Free is relative.

You aren't getting a first round pick. Not a future pick (not even sure we can trade one) or Justin Anderson.

We are "punting" on this season unless something crazy happens anyway. And aren't giving up anything real for a 1 year rental of an average pg.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-05-2015, 07:24 PM

Don't be surprised. :oldlol: Even after "Linsanity" this guy has managed to be a starting PG for 2 teams. Pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Don't be surprised. :oldlol: Even after "Linsanity" this guy has managed to be a starting PG for 2 teams. Shit is ridiculous when you think about.

I'd track Cuban down in Dallas and kick him in the nuts if we give up a first round pick for a year rental of Lin.

BallsOut
07-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Don't be surprised. :oldlol: Even after "Linsanity" this guy has managed to be a starting PG for 2 teams. Pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

Lin
Matthews
Parsons
Dirk
Jordan

Lin actually fits their style. They wanna run and play p&r to death with Lin/Parsons handling the ball. A deal like first round pick to the Lakers for S&T Lin to something like 3 years 24 mill, player option for the 3rd year wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the Mavs this offseason.

longtime lurker
07-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Lin
Matthews
Parsons
Dirk
Jordan

Lin actually fits their style. They wanna run and play p&r to death with Lin/Parsons handling the ball. A deal like first round pick to the Lakers for S&T Lin to something like 3 years 24 mill, player option for the 3rd year wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the Mavs this offseason.

No is dealing a first round pick to get Lin. Mavs would seriously just tell us to **** off and sign Moe Williams instead. It wouldn't be a downgrade over Lin either.

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Lin
Matthews
Parsons
Dirk
Jordan

Lin absolutely fits well, but I doubt we take on salary past this year as Cuban is "punting" on this year anyway. We aren't in a rush anymore....

TheBigVeto
07-05-2015, 07:44 PM

What is there to prove for him? That he is a good player without Nash? Dream on.

bobopenguin
07-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Lin absolutely fits well, but I doubt we take on salary past this year as Cuban is "punting" on this year anyway. We aren't in a rush anymore....

tbh, Lin should just agree with minimum contract. He's need to prove to the league he can ball well.
beside, i doubt he can go anywhere. If marvs refuse to pay him 5mil+ a year, i doubt any other team would.
if he plays well, his next contract will explode again.

bobopenguin
07-05-2015, 07:52 PM

lol
dude, the moment u gave him a multi year contract, he will starts to rot and give u excuses not to play.
that's right, the dude is cancer!

brownmamba00
07-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Nathan Gottlieb ‏@zukovka 2m2 minutes ago New York, USA
Again, Lin agent rejected Mavs $2.8 mil offer. Mavs working on sign & trade with Lakers & a 3d team, likely Indy. This only way Mavs ...

Genaro
07-06-2015, 10:56 AM
I know the Lakers are prob pushing for Anderson or trying to get Nick involved. If we get either, it would be a great trade.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 2h2 hours ago
Jeremy Lin to Dallas remains likely. Mavs working to carve out salary slot for him. JJ Barea for $2.8M exception is close to sure thing.

If we actually give up something real here I'm going to ****ing lose it.

Lin would be an idiot not to take a discount on this Mavs team...it's literally the perfect fit for him and it will skyrocket his value next season when the cap jumps. If he can't understand that argument...then he's too ****ing stupid to play for us anyway.

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 11:00 AM

Picks give me picks...

Laker fans wanting Amare wtf????? We need picks, a bunch of them... the more the merrier. If I were the Lakers I would still go hard for DeMarcus Cousins. 20/10 center with more upside. As long as it's not at the expense of Russel and to a lesser extent Clarkson. **** everyone else, including Randle...

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Picks give me picks...

Laker fans wanting Amare wtf????? We need picks, a bunch of them... the more the merrier. If I were the Lakers I would still go hard for DeMarcus Cousins. 20/10 center with more upside. As long as it's not at the expense of Russel and to a lesser extent Clarkson. **** everyone else, including Randle...

Randle, Clarkson, Nick Young, and a future first rounder (obviously can't trade this years as it's likely going to Philly) for Cousins/Collison.

I don't think the money works, but some framework like that.

The Kings just have to blow this whole thing up...it's a disaster...and Randle, Clarkson, and a first rounder is as good as they could possibly do.

I know you like Clarkson, but giving him up to get Cousins here is a no brainer.

brownmamba00
07-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Randle, Clarkson, Nick Young, and a future first rounder (obviously can't trade this years as it's likely going to Philly) for Cousins/Collison.

The Kings just have to blow this whole thing up...it's a disaster...and Randle, Clarkson, and a first rounder is as good as they could possibly do.

I know you like Clarkson, but giving him up to get Cousins here is a no brainer.
No chance we deal both of Clarkson and Randle to SAC that ship has sailed.

Batz
07-06-2015, 11:40 AM
We don't need Amare, we don't want him.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 11:42 AM
No chance we deal both of Clarkson and Randle to SAC that ship has sailed.

You should if it could get DMC.

SwishSquared
07-06-2015, 11:51 AM

I know you like Clarkson, but giving him up to get Cousins here is a no brainer.Now they have a bunch of vets on long term deals and are out so many picks lol.

Blew the chance to take Randle/Clarkson/Russell I guess. I'd still push for that deal if I could. Trade DMC/Collison to Lakers and take back/waive Nick Young. Dump Rondo as soon as you can 3 months from now. Trade Rudy Gay sometime before next draft and tank for Simmons.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Now they have a bunch of vets on long term deals and are out so many picks lol.

Blew the chance to take Randle/Clarkson/Russell I guess. I'd still push for that deal if I could. Trade DMC/Collison to Lakers and take back/waive Nick Young. Dump Rondo as soon as you can 3 months from now. Trade Rudy Gay sometime before next draft and tank for Simmons.

Yea, the funny thing is...they built a decent team that actually kind of makes sense if they didn't have Cousins.

Why draft WCS and then sign Koufus if you have Cousins?

There isn't one player on the Kings that really fits well with Cousins other than Bellinelli now at this point.

Just a horrendous way to build a team around a monster in the paint.

That Sixers trade to open up cap was basically trading a first round pick, 2 pick swaps, Stauskas....for a year rental of Rondo and the Bellinelli signing.

Can't even include Kostas because they had the space to sign him regardless.

Might be the worst trade of all time.

brownmamba00
07-06-2015, 11:55 AM
You should if it could get DMC.
Mitch is high on Randle don't think he's getting traded without playing time.

how would DMC would fit in next to Hibbert tho?...unless SAC is ready to take on hibbs for a year along with Clarkson I don't see it happening.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Mitch is high on Randle don't think he's getting traded without playing time.

how would DMC would fit in next to Hibbert tho?...unless SAC is ready to take on hibbs for a year along with Clarkson I don't see it happening.

LOL...you don't make future decisions for your franchise based on Roy ****ing Hibbert on an expiring deal.

LOL...how does he fit? Who gives a **** is the answer.

He fits nicely into a garbage can.

Levity
07-06-2015, 12:16 PM

it's be a pretty good fit. DMC NEEDS a rim protector next to him. Offensively, DMC would still be able to operate from the high post and mid range, while still being able to dominate down low considering Hibbert is good from 15 ft.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-06-2015, 01:32 PM
the time to trade for DMC was before July 1st and not now

on the Lin S&T we want Justin Anderson and will take Fat Felton

otherwise Cuban can go Fcuk himself

Rooster
07-06-2015, 01:38 PM
the time to trade for DMC was before July 1st and not now

on the Lin S&T we want Justin Anderson and will take Fat Felton

otherwise Cuban can go Fcuk himself

Yeah. There's no sense for us to accommodate Cuban if we cannot get a first round pick. Whoever ask for a favor need to give up something. We could care less where Lin ended up.

brownmamba00
07-06-2015, 01:38 PM
LOL...you don't make future decisions for your franchise based on Roy ****ing Hibbert on an expiring deal.

LOL...how does he fit? Who gives a **** is the answer.

He fits nicely into a garbage can.
nah **** that noise lakers aren't about to give up all their assetts they gathered this last 3 years for an emotional lesbian in a toxic situation.

Mitch will wait and possibly bend over the amateur kings FO if that trade even ever happens.

Rooster
07-06-2015, 01:41 PM
nah **** that noise lakers aren't about to give up all their assetts they gathered this last 3 years for an emotional lesbian in a toxic situation.

Mitch will wait and possibly bend over the amateur kings FO if that trade even ever happens.

You changed your tune on Boogie:confusedshrug:

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 01:43 PM

You are telling me you wouldn't do Randle, Clarkson, and a future first rounder for Cousins and the ability to dump Nick Young?

No ****ing way you are actually against that.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 01:47 PM
And like I said before...if Mark Cuban ****ing trades any real asset for Lin...I'm going to hunt him down and slap him.

Lakers fans...I won't say you aren't getting Justin Anderson because teams are straight up retarded, but it would be one of the dumbest moves imaginable for the Mavericks to trade Justin Anderson or any other real asset for Lin.

We don't need him...

gts
07-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Second rounder at best. Maybe Dwight Powell, but giving up Anderson would destroy our nice offseason.Lakers probably won't take on any personnel just $ and a pick or the rights to a pick. Dallas is in no position to bargain, this is Lakers doing Dallas a favor

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Lakers probably won't take on any personnel just $ and a pick or the rights to a pick. Dallas is in no position to bargain, this is Lakers doing Dallas a favor

We don't need Lin that badly. There are other guards out there...and we aren't contending this year anyway.

There is no ****ing way we are giving anything real up...and if we do...it's a disaster.

StephHamann
07-06-2015, 01:52 PM
We don't need Lin that badly. There are other guards out there...and we aren't contending this year anyway.

There is no ****ing way we are giving anything real up...and if we do...it's a disaster.

Yup, makes no sense to give up a 3 and D guy first round rookie for a top 28 starting PG in the league.

(Only Rondo and that Philly guy are worse)

brownmamba00
07-06-2015, 01:57 PM
You changed your tune on Boogie:confusedshrug:
Nah man still the same, I'm down with any sort of trade for DMC as long as Russell and one of Randle or Clarkson are off the table...they can have clarkson+fillers and LA can take on another contract from SAC as long as hibbert is not signed (they're still searching for a third team)

why give up our best 2 prospects when the Kings will inevitably collapse come december/january:confusedshrug:...Vlade is apparently trying to glue it together but it won't last long with Rondo and Cousins bossin the locker room and Karl doing sneaky shit behind their back...I know Mitch is thinking the same:pimp:

they will let it drag on untill the deadline for a better deal

brownmamba00
07-06-2015, 02:01 PM
And like I said before...if Mark Cuban ****ing trades any real asset for Lin...I'm going to hunt him down and slap him.

Lakers fans...I won't say you aren't getting Justin Anderson because teams are straight up retarded, but it would be one of the dumbest moves imaginable for the Mavericks to trade Justin Anderson or any other real asset for Lin.

We don't need him...
did Barea take the 2.8 mill? if not, Lin is still in play and Lakers will hold out for a pick.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 02:03 PM
did Barea take the 2.8 mill? if not, Lin is still in play and Lakers will hold out for a pick.

reports are that Barea for the 2.8 exception is basically done.

Rooster
07-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Nah man still the same, I'm down with any sort of trade for DMC as long as Russell and Randle are off the table...they can have clarkson+fillers and LA can take on another contract from SAC as long as hibbert is not signed (they're still searching for a third team)

why give up our best 2 prospects when the Kings will inevitably collapse come december/january:confusedshrug:...Vlade is apparently trying to glue it together but it won't last long with Rondo and Cousins bossin the locker room and Karl doing sneaky shit behind their back...I know Mitch is thinking the same:pimp:

they will let it drag on untill the deadline if they want to make a deal.

Karl will be a 3 headed snake in the grass by the time this thing is done.:oldlol:

gts
07-06-2015, 02:04 PM

then why is Cuban trying to sign him via S&T?

West-Side
07-06-2015, 02:07 PM

My guess is Parsons misses his boyfriend.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 02:10 PM

because he'd help our team?

Why is this so difficult for you guys?

Lin would fit in very well on our team, but that doesn't mean we should give up a first round pick for him.

Rooster
07-06-2015, 02:10 PM

To run a pick and roll offense where Lin is best suited at basically.

Rooster
07-06-2015, 02:12 PM

Lin would fit in very well on our team, but that doesn't mean we should give up a first round pick for him.

I thought Mavs are not rebuilding:confusedshrug:

SpecialQue
07-06-2015, 02:13 PM

Why's it difficult for you to understand that Laker fans hate Cuban and want to ass rape him in a trade? If he wants Lin bad enough he'll have to give us more than table scraps. It's that simple.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Why's it difficult for you to understand that Laker fans hate Cuban and want to ass rape him in a trade? If he wants Lin bad enough he'll have to give us more than table scraps. It's that simple.

And nobody wants Lin "that bad"....that is what you guys are missing.

Nobody wants Lin bad enough to give up a first rounder for him this year...he's just not worth that.

And if Cuban does do that...he's a ****ing moron.

I think you guys need to learn the difference between wanting a player...and being willing to give up a first round pick for him.

you hang up the phone immediately if the Lakers are asking for Anderson for Lin.

daily
07-06-2015, 02:24 PM
I don't hate Cuban and the Mavs but I find it funny Mavs fans think the Mavs will be on the winning end of this deal. Mavs want Lin, there's no way the Lakers end up on the short end of the stick by taking some crap contract back in return :lol

I don't think it will take much

SwishSquared
07-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Yea, the funny thing is...they built a decent team that actually kind of makes sense if they didn't have Cousins.

Why draft WCS and then sign Koufus if you have Cousins?

There isn't one player on the Kings that really fits well with Cousins other than Bellinelli now at this point.

Just a horrendous way to build a team around a monster in the paint.

That Sixers trade to open up cap was basically trading a first round pick, 2 pick swaps, Stauskas....for a year rental of Rondo and the Bellinelli signing.

Can't even include Kostas because they had the space to sign him regardless.

Might be the worst trade of all time.+1. I seriously don't get what kind of stuff they're doing. Why sign Koufos if you drafted WCS? Why sign Rondo if you play through your bigs? Signing Bellinelli is good, but then don't clear cap for him if you room regardless.

That trade's already one of the 10 worst I can think of and I may be too generous.

Sacramento is too clueless. They need to use Cousins as a chip to hoard young talent and pawn off some other pieces so they can tank.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 02:31 PM
I don't hate Cuban and the Mavs but I find it funny Mavs fans think the Mavs will be on the winning end of this deal. Mavs want Lin, there's no way the Lakers end up on the short end of the stick by taking some crap contract back in return :lol

I don't think it will take much

We don't expect to win anything.

We are simply saying we'd be vehmently against giving up Justin Anderson for Lin.

Just like anyone with a ****ing brain would be against a deal like that.

If it's for something of no tangible value to the Mavs....great, but Justin Anderson? GTFO...as a fan we don't want any part of that for Jeremy Lin on a team that isn't a contender.

Cocaine80s
07-06-2015, 02:34 PM
My sources telling me Lin+Boozer for Dirk :applause:

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 02:34 PM
+1. I seriously don't get what kind of stuff they're doing. Why sign Koufos if you drafted WCS? Why sign Rondo if you play through your bigs? Signing Bellinelli is good, but then don't clear cap for him if you room regardless.

That trade's already one of the 10 worst I can think of and I may be too generous.

Sacramento is too clueless. They need to use Cousins as a chip to hoard young talent and pawn off some other pieces so they can tank.

Yep. Rudy Gay's contract isn't nearly as bad after this summer...the market has spoken and Gay at 3 years 40 million (or whatever it is...can't remember)with a player option in year 3 isn't that bad.

You get rid of Cousins and Gay for real assets...franchise is in fine shape.

That Stauskas trade was retarded, but it's terrible no matter what happens. No need in trying to save face by going all in for nothing regardless.

SwishSquared
07-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Yep. Rudy Gay's contract isn't nearly as bad after this summer...the market has spoken and Gay at 3 years 40 million (or whatever it is...can't remember)with a player option in year 3 isn't that bad.

You get rid of Cousins and Gay for real assets...franchise is in fine shape.

That Stauskas trade was retarded, but it's terrible no matter what happens. No need in trying to save face by going all in for nothing regardless.I think Rudy's contract is a steal- I don't think they'd get excellent value now, but by next draft I think teams will have real interest in acquiring him. He'll be so underpaid by next FA- so kudos to Kings for that contract.

I think you pull the trigger on Cousins sooner rather than later. Offers only will get worse I bet.

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 02:43 PM

I would do away with Clarkson. Would love a deal that makes us keep him and Russell. Clarkson has the athleticism upside that Russell does not have. Both have great upside in different areas. Just a great dynamic to look forward to with two PGs. Clarkson being a solid combo-guard candidate....

I am pretty high on him. I guess I've to give Russell a year of NBA caliber play to properly judge the two at their current level.

And yes, I sit here selfishly hoping that becomes true. But so are the Knicks and Clippers....

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
I think Rudy's contract is a steal- I don't think they'd get excellent value now, but by next draft I think teams will have real interest in acquiring him. He'll be so underpaid by next FA- so kudos to Kings for that contract.

I think you pull the trigger on Cousins sooner rather than later. Offers only will get worse I bet.

Yep.

Just trade him for a couple young guys and some picks. Start over....it's the only thing that makes sense now.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 02:46 PM
I would do away with Clarkson. Would love a deal that makes us keep him and Russell. Clarkson has the athleticism upside that Russell does not have. Both have great upside in different areas. Just a great dynamic to look forward to with two PGs. Clarkson being a solid combo-guard candidate....

Meh...that is just overvaluing your own players. Very common thing.

You don't hold up a trade for Boogie Cousins on a very good contract for Clarkson.

I like Clarkson as well...but come on.

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Meh...that is just overvaluing your own players. Very common thing.

Cmon...we were just arguing about Kawhi not too long ago. Dude has shown more than his pick in the draft ever did under the right system. You could say the same were I be a Spur fan being high about Leonard after his first year. Not to mention Leonard's first year isn't anywhere near the flash of Clarkson's first year. Hindsight is 20/20. Clarkson has Westbrook potential in my view.

Speculative of course but still....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhJCMUfzk3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHvVpzqCZI

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Cmon...we were just arguing about Kawhi not too long ago. Dude has shown more than his pick in the draft ever did under the right system. You could say the same were I be a Spur fan being high about Leonard after his first year. Not to mention Leonard's first year isn't anywhere near the flash of Clarkson's first year. Hindsight is 20/20. Clarkson has Westbrook potential in my view.

Speculative of course but still....

I don't know what else to say. You don't hold up a deal for Cousins because of Clarkson.

You could say what you say about any number of young players. The point is that Cousins is that guy and is only 24 iirc and on a very good deal. This helps you hugely next year in free agency.

If Russell is the real deal...everyone is flocking to the Lakers next summer when they have the money and team in place.

If Randle or Clarkson is a bust...and there is a much bigger chance of that than them turning into stars....the Lakers are yet again looking like a dire situation next summer.

You have to factor in worst case scenarios as well in your thinking. It can't always be about best cases.

What if Randle and Clarkson don't look good? What if the Lakers send the 5th pick in the draft to the Sixers after a rough year?

The risk/reward is just too great to choose Randle/Clarkson over a 24 year old center not even in his true prime yet on a great contract that just put up 24/13/4

COnDEMnED
07-06-2015, 03:05 PM
....If the Lakers get Justin Anderson out of this..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1o1LEaAgk

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 03:12 PM
I don't know what else to say. You don't hold up a deal for Cousins because of Clarkson.

I never I said I wouldn't trade him. But out of everyone in that roster those two I prefer to keep. And Kobe ain't moving so I don't have to mention him.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 03:14 PM
I never I said I wouldn't trade him. But out of everyone in that roster those two I prefer to keep. And Kobe ain't moving so I don't have to mention him.

So would you do Randle, Clarkson, pick/picks for Cousins?

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 03:18 PM

Yes. One of them is going to turn out great...Kings will net for sure but Cousins is already great so - and we need a center more so than an athletic PF and a potential Westbrook with more size - he could succumb to an injury with that athleticism. My only worry is that. I have no doubt he will be a great player if he works on his defense and jumpshot - hopefully adds a fadeaway off the low block. His pull-up is picture perfect.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Yes.

Good.

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 03:27 PM
....If the Lakers get Justin Anderson out of this..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1o1LEaAgk

If he was 6'8 I would be as static as you are at the proposition. 6'8, large wingspan, elite defender potential with a Lebron/Leonard type body - a glorified role player type for Lin - sign me up.

COnDEMnED
07-06-2015, 03:38 PM
If he was 6'8 I would be as static as you are at the proposition. 6'8, large wingspan, elite defender potential with a Lebron/Leonard type body - a glorified role player type for Lin - sign me up.
He's on the small side for a SF but that's the position we need to fill. This is a unique opportunity to get rid of Linfestation and plug a hole that we desperately need. It would be cool to add him to the young core.

West-Side
07-06-2015, 04:21 PM

If Cousins wasn't Bynum version 2 and was a mature basketball player; I wouldn't hesitate. But I don't like what he brings in terms of leadership or locker room morale; so I personally wouldn't make this deal.

Purely off talent; LA should make this trade every time.

Mirror
07-06-2015, 04:27 PM
If Cousins wasn't Bynum version 2 and was a mature basketball player; I wouldn't hesitate.

They are both immature, but Cousins actually cares about basketball, which puts him way above Bynum.

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 04:35 PM
They are both immature, but Cousins actually cares about basketball, which puts him way above Bynum.

+ no injuries. BIG.

BallsOut
07-07-2015, 11:51 PM
We don't need Lin that badly. There are other guards out there

Nope there aren't. No other guards better fit for the Mavs system than Lin. He runs the Pick and Roll well, he brings the Asian market, he's BFFs with Parsons, you don't think dude is pushing hard for this to happen after recruiting Jordan and Matthews?

Lakers want a future draft pick to cancel out the Hibbert trade. Just center it around the Indy s&t with Ellis. Something like..

Dallas sends 2nd round pick
Lakers send Sacre + Kelly
Pacers send Hibbert

Lakers receive Hibbert
Pacers receive Ellis, 2nd round pick
Mavs get Lin

DMAVS41
07-08-2015, 12:57 AM
Nope there aren't. No other guards better fit for the Mavs system than Lin. He runs the Pick and Roll well, he brings the Asian market, he's BFFs with Parsons, you don't think dude is pushing hard for this to happen after recruiting Jordan and Matthews?

Lakers want a future draft pick to cancel out the Hibbert trade. Just center it around the Indy s&t with Ellis. Something like..

Pacers send Hibbert

Lakers receive Hibbert
Mavs get Lin

A 2nd round pick would be fine. LOL....that is absolutely fine.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-08-2015, 02:11 AM

Pacers send Hibbert

Lakers receive Hibbert
Mavs get Lin

Why the fcuk would u help Mavs without getting anything for helping them?

Cuban just outright rejected the idea of S&T DJ. We will compete with Mavs for 7/8. Fcuk cuban/mavs no S&T unless Justin Anderson is coming back which is doubtful

Cocaine80s
07-08-2015, 02:52 AM
Why the fcuk would u help Mavs without getting anything for helping them?

Cuban just outright rejected the idea of S&T DJ. We will compete with Mavs for 7/8. Fcuk cuban/mavs no S&T unless Justin Anderson is coming back which is doubtful
:biggums: