PDA

View Full Version : Which West teams the Lakers better than?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Dangelo/Lou
Kobe/Clarkson
Young/Brown
Randle/Bass/Nance/Kelly
Hibbert/Sacre/Black

so which teams yall?

Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Grizzlies
Rockets
Mavericks
Clippers
Pelicans
Kings
Jazz
Suns
Wolves
Blazers
Nuggets

DMAVS41
07-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Depends on too much unknown at this point.

Could easily be the worst team (in West)...and could also easily be much better than that.

AirTupac
07-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Depends on too much unknown at this point.

Could easily be the worst team...and could also easily be much better than that.

Yeah I have no idea. Could be a 20 win team, could be a .500 , or we could shit out a rainbow and be in the playoffs.

coin24
07-05-2015, 08:23 PM
6-8 seed currently. Awaiting a few more signings for championship cruise:rockon:

Wait and see what we get for Lin/hill maybe another FA also, looking a lot brighter

lilteapot
07-05-2015, 08:24 PM
The Kings and Portland

dubeta
07-05-2015, 08:24 PM
6-8 seed currently. Awaiting a few more signings for championship cruise:rockon:

No excuses for IeatfirstBe championship or bust :lol

coin24
07-05-2015, 08:27 PM
No excuses for IeatfirstBe championship or bust :lol

Like the no excuses for LeBald from Nike after losing the finals again..:lol

smoovegittar
07-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Thinking positive, the only teams I see that are prob better than LA right now would be SA, and Golden State. The Rockets could give them the business.

Of course, we're talking healthy and hungry Bryant and some chemistry developing real quick.

sammichoffate
07-05-2015, 08:36 PM
At the moment, Lakers are a 9-10th seed looking in. Anything can happen though, if we somehow got a good SF for Young then:
http://media.giphy.com/media/cawM99wkizZBe/giphy.gif

toxicxr6
07-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Dangelo/Lou
Kobe/Clarkson
Young/Brown
Randle/Bass/Nance/Kelly
Hibbert/Sacre/Black

so which teams yall?

Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Grizzlies
Rockets
Mavericks
Clippers
Pelicans
Kings
Jazz
Suns
Wolves
Blazers
Nuggets

I think the bold teams will all be better
Kings, Suns and wolves are a maybe as well

Think the lakers are with nuggets and blazers somewhere near the bottom

Foster5k
07-05-2015, 08:38 PM
All I know is that between Kobe, Swaggy, and Lou Williams, they're going to shoot enough bricks to build Kobe a retirement home.

33teeth
07-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Rosters as they stand, I'd say there's very near a 0% chance the Lakers make the playoffs. I'd also say I'm 85% sure they'll end with a worse record than the Kings.

They'll be bad.

Spurs m8
07-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Not one single team.

They're barely better than anyone in the East hahahahaha

Team is a pack of shit, will finish last.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Only the Nuggets. LAL vs Sac and LAL vs Portland is a toss-up.

longtime lurker
07-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Portland, Nuggets and Timberwolves.

Could easily be the Kings once they have their annual mid-season implosion.

KNOW1EDGE
07-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Nuggets.

That's about it

T_L_P
07-05-2015, 09:17 PM
T-Wolves, Blazers and Nuggets will finish with worse records, imo.

eliteballer
07-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Useless making predictions at this point because Kobe, Randle, and Russell are huge unknowns.

HOoopCityJones
07-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Outside of GSW, Spurs, Rockets, Memphis and possibly The Clippers I see us having a decent shot to beat most of the mid-to-bottom Teams out West. We have more talent than Utah, Denver and arguably even Portland. Us and The Mavs will likely be a good match up this year, I don't see where a core of DJ and Parsons can take them but I don't think they're as good as last season despite getting rid of Rondo. (This all assuming Kobe and The rooks play up to expectations.)

TheBigVeto
07-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Dangelo/Lou
Kobe/Clarkson
Young/Brown
Randle/Bass/Nance/Kelly
Hibbert/Sacre/Black

so which teams yall?

Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Grizzlies
Rockets
Mavericks
Clippers
Pelicans
Kings
Jazz
Suns
Wolves
Blazers
Nuggets

All of them.
The Lakers are stacked now, great offseason, thanks Jim Buss, Kobe finally got help to go to the finals.

CelticBaller
07-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Dangelo/Lou
Kobe/Clarkson
Young/Brown
Randle/Bass/Nance/Kelly
Hibbert/Sacre/Black

so which teams yall?

Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Grizzlies
Rockets
Mavericks
Clippers
Pelicans
Kings
Jazz
Suns
Wolves
Blazers
Nuggets
:oldlol:

longtime lurker
07-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Outside of GSW, Spurs, Rockets, Memphis and possibly The Clippers I see us having a decent shot to beat most of the mid-to-bottom Teams out West. We have more talent than Utah, Denver and arguably even Portland. Us and The Mavs will likely be a good match up this year, I don't see where a core of DJ and Parsons can take them but I don't think they're as good as last season despite getting rid of Rondo.

No we don't. The Mavs will fvcking assrape us as well.

HOoopCityJones
07-05-2015, 09:28 PM
No we don't. The Mavs will fvcking assrape us as well.

Aside from Gordon , who over there is making any noise? I know we're not acting like Trey Burke is an All Star. If Mavs "assrape" us this year it'll be because of coaching discrepancy. They lost a lot of their talent.

We'll see if Parsons-Dirk-DJ will be as good together as people expect.

Heavincent
07-05-2015, 09:28 PM
I don't think they're that bad. Not a playoff team (they probably would be in the East), but not bad for a rebuild project.

Clarkson/Russell
Kobe/Williams
SF ?
Bass/Randle
Hibert

In fact, that backcourt is pretty nice.

longtime lurker
07-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Aside from Gordon , who over there is making any noise? I know we're not acting like Trey Burke is an All Star. If Mavs "assrape" us this year it'll be because of coaching discrepancy. They lost a lot of their talent.

We'll see if Parsons-Dirk-DJ will be as good together as people expect.

Utah has one of the best if not the best defensive big man in the whole league plus they have Favors. They finished with a much better record than us last year and that was without Burks for half the year. Their young players like Exum haven't even developed. Their core has been playing with each other for the past few years as well.

Dirk is just a bad match up for our PF's. Hibbert is a great defensive center but DJ will absolutely work him on the boards. Plus like you said their coach is miles above anything we have.

longtime lurker
07-05-2015, 09:35 PM
I don't think they're that bad. Not a playoff team (they probably would be in the East), but not bad for a rebuild project.

Clarkson/Russell
Kobe/Williams
SF ?
Bass/Randle
Hibert

In fact, that backcourt is pretty nice.

There's no way Russell doesn't start. The lineup will probably be
PG-Russell
SG-Clarkson
SF-Kobe
PF-Randle
C-Hibbert

SpecialQue
07-05-2015, 09:35 PM
We don't know if Kobe will play, or if he'll get injured again.

We don't know how Randle will do, or if he'll get injured again.

We don't know how Russell's game will translate.

We don't know if Hibbert's gonna stay in trash mode.

There are way too many question marks hanging over this team to make any kind of prediction at this point.

Heavincent
07-05-2015, 09:38 PM
There's no way Russell doesn't start. The lineup will probably be
PG-Russell
SG-Clarkson
SF-Kobe
PF-Randle
C-Hibbert

Yeah, that would probably it.

Minny and LA will be good young teams to watch on league pass imo.

HOoopCityJones
07-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Utah has one of the best if not the best defensive big man in the whole league plus they have Favors. They finished with a much better record than us last year and that was without Burks for half the year. Their young players like Exum haven't even developed. Their core has been playing with each other for the past few years as well.

Dirk is just a bad match up for our PF's. Hibbert is a great defensive center but DJ will absolutely work him on the boards. Plus like you said their coach is miles above anything we have.

And ours has? :biggums:

Randle went down first game last year, he had minimal to no time with Kobe and alittle chemistry brewing with Clarkson that was never expanded on beyond last Summer League. Clarkson , who's a totally different beast from then compared to now will definitely thrive in a Backcourt with someone who can shoot and pass as well as Russell. Theres also the reports that says Randle has looked spectacular in workouts since recovering from injury and The Lakers wouldn't even include him in a trade for Cousins.

We also just acquired one of the best Defensive big men in the league (best currently in LA, that's for sure) Along with Kobe, Lou, Bass, Blak and Upshaw , I don't see how our youth doesn't have a real chance to thrive. Don't sleep on Brown and Nance either. All we really need now is a back up PG and a starting forward (if it isn't Kobe)

This all comes down to Byron imo, will he use this roster to it's full potential or remain stuck in the stone age where we force an offensively challenged Hibbert to put up buckets? Because if so they were better off choosing Okafor.

Xiao Yao You
07-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Outside of GSW, Spurs, Rockets, Memphis and possibly The Clippers I see us having a decent shot to beat most of the mid-to-bottom Teams out West. We have more talent than Utah, Denver and arguably even Portland. Us and The Mavs will likely be a good match up this year, I don't see where a core of DJ and Parsons can take them but I don't think they're as good as last season despite getting rid of Rondo. (This all assuming Kobe and The rooks play up to expectations.)

Gobert/Favors/Hayward/Hood/Burks matches up well with anyone. Certainly better than the shit the Lakers have put together. You do know they were one of the top teams at the end of the year without Burks? They still have a bunch of cap space too!