PDA

View Full Version : Durant and Clippers have mutual interest

LoneyROY7
07-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Chris Palmer @ChrisPalmerNBA
Clippers will make a massive push for Kevin Durant next year. Mutual interest.
12:57 AM - 6 Jul 2015

Blake/KD/CP3.

Done.

dab0yech0
07-06-2015, 12:07 PM
If we decline Stephenson's option next year we have only Griffin and Paul at 20 mil each under contract and Paul Pierce's 3 mil. Hope Doc can pull something off.

StephHamann
07-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Why would he leave Westbrook to play with injury prone 2016 31 year old Chris Paul?

Paul had his best chance to win a title last season, and he choked it away in epic fashion against the Rockets.

ISHGoat
07-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Get it done Balmer. I support this move. OKC back to seattle please with a new ownership group please, not this cheap ass fakkit

LoneyROY7
07-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Why would he leave Westbrook to play with injury prone 2016 31 year old Chris Paul?

Paul had his best chance to win a title last season, and he choked it away in epic fashion against the Rockets.

Because Blake Griffin.

DMAVS41
07-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Meh...Mavs will have a much better basketball situation for him after this year.

Come to Dallas KD....

LoneyROY7
07-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Meh...Mavs will have a much better basketball situation for him after this year.

Come to Dallas KD....

:roll:

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2015, 12:22 PM

Come to Dallas KD....

http://ps3modding.com/styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-smilies-fap.gif

Chris Palmer lol

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2015, 12:24 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/8b957b9abd61a8f6b5fec2134810aa02.png

PJR
07-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Chris Palmer is a nobody.

NugzFan
07-06-2015, 01:11 PM

Come to Dallas KD....

How so?

NugzFan
07-06-2015, 01:11 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/8b957b9abd61a8f6b5fec2134810aa02.png

Which player was Palmer referring to?

dab0yech0
07-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Which player was Palmer referring to?

Nick Collison

StephHamann
07-06-2015, 01:15 PM
How so?

Durant never played with a defensive force at the 5, Mavs have DJ.

Durant could perfectly play the 4 in Dallas, with Parsons and Matthews there are good 3 point shooters to space the floor.

Rick Carlise>Doc

Dirk would be awesome as 6th man, destroying back up PFs.

IDK whether Griffin/Durant/JavelleMcGee would work.

But let's stay realistic, he will stay in OKC or join the Wizards.

HOoopCityJones
07-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Damn, Chris Palmer tho.

I remember he was once a legit NBA insider.

UK2K
07-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Durant is going to DC (60%), to Houston (20%), or staying in OKC (20%)

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Because Blake Griffin.

Westbrook mops the floor with Blake Grffin...lol

LoneyROY7
07-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Westbrook mops the floor with Blake Grffin...lol

Ummm, no he doesn't, but that's not the point.

Paul AND Blake >>>> Westbrook.

Thank you, next.

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Ummm, no he doesn't, but that's not the point.

Paul AND Blake >>>> Westbrook.

Thank you, next.

Keep dreaming boi.

There is more chance of KD "going home" than joining those chokers

Ca$H
07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
http://moranartwork.weebly.com/uploads/3/1/7/2/31728923/9439908_orig.jpg

BigNBAfan
07-06-2015, 02:51 PM
KD needs to be matched up with a good center.... too bad Jordan left otherwise that would be DEADLY

Relinquish
07-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Can't wait til KD comes to DC and we 5-peat :applause:

PickernRoller
07-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Y'all fight for KD.

We'll get Westbrook in LA. Trade one of our young guards, recent picks, and undrafted picks for an all-star center. Get an elite perimeter defender in free agency. Get an athletic PF who can shoot the 3. Fill out our bench.

Lakers and Kobe getting his 6th ring sooner that I thought. :banana: :banana:

We do have on thing in common. **** OKC.

J Shuttlesworth
07-07-2015, 05:40 AM
I hope Durant considers LAC. He'd be a great fit. Him/CP3/BG would be an awesome big 3. He's the type of player who could turn around the Clippers franchise.

Spurs m8
07-07-2015, 06:23 AM
Y'all fight for KD.

We'll get Westbrook in LA. Trade one of our young guards, recent picks, and undrafted picks for an all-star center. Get an elite perimeter defender in free agency. Get an athletic PF who can shoot the 3. Fill out our bench.

Lakers and Kobe getting his 6th ring sooner that I thought. :banana: :banana:

We do have on thing in common. **** OKC.

lol yes okay, kobe the biggest cancer in the league is getting another ring

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NumberSix
07-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Mutual interest? How would anybody know that? Durant is under contract. It's completely against the tampering rules for either side to express interest. Nobody would tell some reporter that they are actively braking the rules.

Sounds made up.

JohnMax
07-07-2015, 08:00 AM
NBA writer Chris Palmer (http://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-in-the-pros/2015/7/6/8901087/nba-writer-chris-palmer-thinks-jordan-clarkson-will-be-better-than) thinks Jordan Clarkson will be better than Andrew Wiggins

https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/status/617943628653002752

alanLA92
07-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Going to be fun next summer for the NBA. Prob better than 2010.

KendrickPerkins
07-07-2015, 11:33 AM
You have no credibility.

Akrazotile
07-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Damn, Chris Palmer tho.

I remember he was once a legit NBA insider.

:roll:

r15mohd
07-07-2015, 11:41 AM

DC - he said he doesn't want to play for his home team, too much distractions as he indicated

HOU - possible but I see a very similar situation as him being in OKC, tbh

OKC - only re-signs if they make the WCF for the least, if they are knocked out before, he's gone

MIA - east, star studded team, winning organization, a blank check and did I say East? :D

KendrickPerkins
07-07-2015, 11:44 AM
DC - he said he doesn't want to play for his home team, too much distractions as he indicated

OKC - only re-signs if they make the WCF for the least, if they are knocked out before, he's gone

MIA - east, star studded team, winning organization, a blank check and did I say East? :D
You're retarded if you think KD is going to Miami. You're retarded if you even think he'll consider it.

You're retarded if you don't know why you're retarded for thinking this.

r15mohd
07-07-2015, 11:50 AM
You're retarded if you think KD is going to Miami. You're retarded if you even think he'll consider it.

You're retarded if you don't know why you're retarded for thinking this.

we have just as much a chance as anyone else looking at him, and the same cap space (better than LA's state tax involvement too) and a very talented roster to win him over, plus a WINNING pedigree behind our name. nothing any of those other teams can propose to KD.

I wouldnt doubt Riley...sh!t, we weren't even interested in LMA but he phoned Riley to hear what can be done if he considered Miami an option. FA's want to relocate here...how "retarded" is that? :confusedshrug: :rolleyes: :facepalm

KendrickPerkins
07-07-2015, 12:01 PM
we have just as much a chance as anyone else looking at him, and the same cap space (better than LA's state tax involvement too) and a very talented roster to win him over, plus a WINNING pedigree behind our name. nothing any of those other teams can propose to KD.

I wouldnt doubt Riley...sh!t, we weren't even interested in LMA but he phoned Riley to hear what can be done if he considered Miami an option. FA's want to relocate here...how "retarded" is that? :confusedshrug: :rolleyes: :facepalm
Dude there's just no way. Can you imagine what people would say if he left for Miami? Why would he follow in Lebrons footsteps? No one would respect that.

There are other talented rosters where he could take over. He's not going to a place that wouldn't be considered "his"

OKC is his, 100%

The only three teams that even have a sliver of a chance are the clippers, rockets, and wizards. THAT'S IT.

And its a very small chance he goes anywhere... with the talent in OKC, and now the coaching staff. It's almost 0%. You think he's just gonna abandon Westbrook? They're blood brothers!

r15mohd
07-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Dude there's just no way. Can you imagine what people would say if he left for Miami? Why would he follow in Lebrons footsteps? No one would respect that.

There are other talented rosters where he could take over. He's not going to a place that wouldn't be considered "his"

OKC is his, 100%

The only three teams that even have a sliver of a chance are the clippers, rockets, and wizards. THAT'S IT.

And its a very small chance he goes anywhere... with the talent in OKC, and now the coaching staff. It's almost 0%. You think he's just gonna abandon Westbrook? They're blood brothers!

i guess you haven't been been listening to what KD has been saying:

first there is the statement where he doesn't want to play for DC, as it is a distraction to him...so we can assume they're off the list

then there's this:

"You could kind of tell once this whole thing started that he was trying to go somewhere else," Durant said of Aldridge, who signed with the Spurs for four years and $80 million. "But in those decisions, man, you've just got to respect the guy for making a decision that was right for him. I know a lot of fans were probably upset in Portland with the decision. But at this point of your life and your career, you've got to focus on you."

so again, taking it from what KD is saying...he has no worries off of what people would say if he went to Miami or what OKC would think of him if he were to choose Miami, either. he's doing it for his status and personal worth...not anyone else.

as for talent on OKC, yes...very talented. as for coaching, unproven...and this is where OKC likely shot themselves in the foot in ensuring KD returns. you dont risk a non-experienced coach when you know KD is about to be a FA. so that in itself is potentially a huge issue down the road if BillyD isn't up to par.

in the end, it comes down to KD choosing the perfect place with the best chances to secure a title...his next contract will be in his prime and on the declining of his prime, so he will need to win within those next 5yrs or be considred Barkle-esque or 2nd fiddle ring chaser. choosing a team from the East already gives him the upperhand at them being more likely a ECF/Finals lock...then you place a roster like Miami around him, where he'll be undoubtedly the 1st option (instead of a 1a/1b role in OKC with Westbrook, not to mention this tandem not breaking through in their years together so far, and likely the same in LAC with Blake/CP3 needing the ball to be effective, too). Bosh is used to accepting a lesser role, as is Wade so no issue there.

then tack on the winning pedigree that the Heat offer...something KD WILL be looking for, and all the while getting his max contract which the Heat can certainly offer and avoid the state tax issue in which LA includes.

that mainly leaves Houston and Miami...and I give the benefit to Miami based on the best exec in the NBA the past 10-15yrs to get KD locked up.

Ca$H
07-07-2015, 12:23 PM

The choice is obvious:

http://moranartwork.weebly.com/uploads/3/1/7/2/31728923/9439908_orig.jpg