PDA

View Full Version : Im not convinced the Spurs are the favorites

UK2K
07-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Third behind GS and Cleveland? Maybe. I think the Rockets and Memphis have an argument as to who will win the division.

Tony Parker? Who played his career worst year. He was worse than Rondo last season. Manu is old. Spltter is gone. Duncan is older. Kawhi is legit.

I think again, the SW division will continue to be the toughest in all of sports, but I don't think the Spurs roster, as constructed, is that much better than anyone else's.

JerrySeinfeld
07-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Parker is really gonna hurt them once the playoffs hit. He'll get murdered by Westbrook and Curry, it's just a matter of the Spurs being good enough to overcome it like the Lakers were in the past with Fisher

Mirror
07-06-2015, 04:41 PM
A frontline rotation of Duncan, LMA, David West, and Diaw is legit. They add 1 quality backup PG (Mo Williams?) and the Spurs are set.

UK2K
07-06-2015, 04:44 PM
A frontline rotation of Duncan, LMA, David West, and Diaw is legit. They add 1 quality backup PG (Mo Williams?) and the Spurs are set.

As much as I like Duncan, he played 29 mpg last season. When your back up C is going to be playing nearly 30mpg (or shit, what happens when Duncan sits which is like every other game), who do you have?

Spurs will be 4-6th seed. Book it.

Mirror
07-06-2015, 04:46 PM
As much as I like Duncan, he played 29 mpg last season. When your back up C is going to be playing nearly 30mpg (or shit, what happens when Duncan sits which is like every other game), who do you have?

With this front line, they can sit Duncan as much as they want and have him healthy for the playoffs. Start Duncan at C and LMA at PF. Eventually Duncan sits, LMA slides to C and West comes in at PF. Also, knowing the Spurs, they'll get some 3rd string quality C to come off the bench and play like a 2nd string C, but it won't be 30mpg.

SCdac
07-06-2015, 04:49 PM
The more even the Spurs get (as far as scoring) the more dangerous. Adding a natural scorer like Aldridge is going to help everybody, from Kawhi to Duncan to Parker. David West is a tough player with a great J. Hopefully Spurs can get these players to mesh as much as possible by the AS break, won't be surprised if there's some rough spots early on. Whether they are "favorites" or not, clearly the Spurs front office is putting in work and over a decade of playoff success is reaping it's rewards.

West-Side
07-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Popovich turns shit into gold.
The team just acquired LMA and West; two damn reliable PF's.
They will only get better under Pop's leadership.

I love GS because they are a TEAM; but so is SA.
But SA's experience and front court should be enough to dethrone the champs. They are my #1 team in the league to begin the year.

Timmy getting his 6th!

Levity
07-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Mills will have a much larger role this season.

Levity
07-06-2015, 05:06 PM

i can believe it, but thats probably going to be due to resting much of their starting 5 during the regular season. which will keep them primed for the playoffs.

BlakFrankWhite
07-06-2015, 05:07 PM
The frontcourt is the strongest in the league.....no other team comes close

Spurs m8
07-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Third behind GS and Cleveland? Maybe. I think the Rockets and Memphis have an argument as to who will win the division.

Tony Parker? Who played his career worst year. He was worse than Rondo last season. Manu is old. Spltter is gone. Duncan is older. Kawhi is legit.

I think again, the SW division will continue to be the toughest in all of sports, but I don't think the Spurs roster, as constructed, is that much better than anyone else's.

Keep telling yaself this champ...like every year...spurs will slide under the radar because of people like you.

Be very afraid.

Cheers

Velocirap31
07-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Counting out the Spurs has proved to be a bad idea.

UK2K
07-06-2015, 05:17 PM
With this front line, they can sit Duncan as much as they want and have him healthy for the playoffs. Start Duncan at C and LMA at PF. Eventually Duncan sits, LMA slides to C and West comes in at PF. Also, knowing the Spurs, they'll get some 3rd string quality C to come off the bench and play like a 2nd string C, but it won't be 30mpg.

I could see this happening if Aldridge said he didn't want to play C.

hawksdogsbraves
07-06-2015, 05:25 PM
I could see this happening if Aldridge said he didn't want to play C.

Doesn't much matter what he wants now, he signed his soul over to Pop :oldlol:

SpecialQue
07-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Keep telling yaself this champ...like every year...spurs will slide under the radar because of people like you.

Be very afraid.

Cheers

Oi! Spurs looking quite good, guvnuh, what what?

Mirror
07-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Doesn't much matter what he wants now, he signed his soul over to Pop :oldlol:

I imagine LMA saying that he wants to stay on that left block and Pop saying, "I don't care if you are more comfortable there. Learn to get comfortable here, and we have a chance to win."