PDA

View Full Version : Who still has Lebron over Bird

colts19
07-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Just wondering after this finals how many of you still think Bron is better than Bird was. While I do think Bron is a far better athlete. I don't think he is anywhere near Bird in the skills area of the game.

So lets hear it folks who ya got now.

Mirror
07-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Still?

Marchesk
07-06-2015, 06:54 PM
I got West over Lebron based on his finals performances. Notice how West got an MVP while losing a series, and Bran got snubbed in favor of a backup?

Dr Hawk
07-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Bird with Bron's athleticism would be craazy

24-Inch_Chrome
07-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Bird at 8, Bron at 9 for me.

jzek
07-06-2015, 06:59 PM
5 seconds left, game 7 of the NBA Finals, you're down one and your team has the ball.

Do you let Bird or LeBron take the last shot?

This is the reason why Bird will FOREVER be ahead of LeBron.

I mean, just this vid alone says it all really - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KBbjOfEjQI

So he hits a game-tying 3 but his coach stupidly calls a timeout so shot didn't count. Very next play? He hits ANOTHER 3 pointer. Then in the first overtime, he hits 2 FTs to send the game to another overtime. Then in the second overtime, hits ANOTHER 3 to win the game. 3 game tying shots + 1 game winner all in the same game.

PS - In case you want more - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=larry+bird+game+winner&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

aj1987
07-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Bird with Bron's athleticism would be craazy
So would LeBron with Bird's shooting.

Bird still has an extremely slight edge. LeBron might overtake him next season though.

5 seconds left, game 7 of the NBA Finals, you're down one and your team has the ball.

Do you let Bird or LeBron take the last shot?

This is the reason why Bird will FOREVER be ahead of LeBron.
I would let Bird take it over Shaq, KAJ, Russell, Duncan, etc.. Doesn't mean that he's better or ranked higher than any of those players. Stupid argument.

Bird had his fair share of chokes as well. You might want to look it up.

G0ATbe
07-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Never did.

Prometheus
07-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Bird > LeBron as a competitor and player.

1987_Lakers
07-06-2015, 07:05 PM
LeBron will eventually overtake Bird and this is coming from a huge Larry fan.

J Shuttlesworth
07-06-2015, 07:07 PM
I got LeBron on the BOAT list, Bird on the GOAT list

One more ring puts LeBron over the top for me

dubeta
07-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Stats? LeBron by a mile

PER? LeBron

MVPs? LeBron

FMVP? Tied

Longevity? LeBron

Having the most stacked teams his entire career? Bird

This is a classic case of nostalgia by the older posters in this forum (half of them are senile for gods sake)

If you truly believe Bird is better than LeBron, you are by far the most idiotic fool on here

colts19
07-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Stats? LeBron by a mile

PER? LeBron

MVPs? LeBron

FMVP? Tied

Longevity? LeBron

This is a classic case of nostalgia by the older posters in this forum (half of them are senile for gods sake)

If you truly believe Bird is better than LeBron, you are by far the most idiotic fool on here

You can post all the stats you want, they don't mean sh^t. Bron has played in a weak conference his entire career, while Bird played in the toughest conference ever. Then after fighting to get out of the East they had to play the Lakers.

Lebron has had some of the worst playoff melt downs in history. His 4th quarter in the playoffs are an embarrassment. The longer Bron plays the more he hurts his chances to overtake Bird. I use to think Bron had a real chance to catch Bird, but now I see him going in the other direction.

Kingwillball
07-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Lebron will easily surpass Bird anybody who thinks otherwise is in Denial.

COnDEMnED
07-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Someone had Lebrony over Bird?

FLDFSU
07-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Stats? LeBron by a mile

PER? LeBron

MVPs? LeBron

FMVP? Tied

Longevity? LeBron

:applause:

Akrazotile
07-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Its a really tough question.

Lebron has more ability to impact the game when both are at their best. The problem is just that Lebron's competitive mentality seems to short circuit sometimes at very inopportune moments. Most of the time, including most playoff series, hes just an absolute monster, often going straight god-tier. But then he just has these weird lapses of pouting or losing focus etc. With Bird obviously you get HAM effort 24/7. But lets not act like Bird ever carried anything. He had GREAT teammates. He was a great individual player, but he didnt do it alone. And probably couldnt have. So any comparisons of rings and so forth is inappropriate.

I dunno. Its a pretty even comparison IMO.

kennethgriffin
07-06-2015, 07:49 PM
3 for 5 > 1.5 for 6

RRR3
07-06-2015, 07:49 PM
I don't see a good argument for Bird once LeBron has a few more great years.

Bond007
07-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Bird still over Lebron

Da_Realist
07-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Just wondering after this finals how many of you still think Bron is better than Bird was. While I do think Bron is a far better athlete. I don't think he is anywhere near Bird in the skills area of the game.

So lets hear it folks who ya got now.

I never have. Bird > Lebron and it's not slight.

Bird's BBall IQ would make him top 3-5 in the league at any time, regardless of who else is playing. He could adapt to any situation.

His skill set would make him top 3 most effective/productive to any team blessed enough to have him. There are no holes in his game to exploit.

And his competitiveness would ensure we would always get the best he can offer under any circumstances. There would be no one that would question his character or desire to win.

redrich2000
07-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Rightly or wrongly, the NBA categorically requires rings for a player to reach the very top tier.

Bird has 4 rings competing primarily against a team that had 2 of the top 5 players of all time on it. That means LeBron needs at least one more ring before he is even eligible for consideration in Bird's tier.

I personally think there are three requirements to reach that tier:
1. Dominant play at an all-time level
2. 4 rings minimum
3. A unique, one-of-a-kind type X-factor (eg. MJ 6/6 finals; Kareem longevity/sky-hook; Magic showtime; Bird hustle, winning against Magic and Kareem)

Lebron has only one of those three. I think he will continue to divide opinion even if he finishes with 4-5 rings because it's arguable whether he has the x-factor. Maybe his all around statistical dominance and ability to literally single-handedly carry teams to the finals gets him there. But others will question his ability to win finals.

dubeta
07-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Rightly or wrongly, the NBA categorically requires rings for a player to reach the very top tier.

Bird has 4 rings competing primarily against a team that had 2 of the top 5 players of all time on it. That means LeBron needs at least one more ring before he is even eligible for consideration in Bird's tier.

I personally think there are three requirements to reach that tier:
1. Dominant play at an all-time level
2. 4 rings minimum
3. A unique, one-of-a-kind type X-factor (eg. MJ 6/6 finals; Kareem longevity/sky-hook; Magic showtime; Bird hustle, winning against Magic and Kareem)

Lebron has only one of those three. I think he will continue to divide opinion even if he finishes with 4-5 rings because it's arguable whether he has the x-factor. Maybe his all around statistical dominance and ability to literally single-handedly carry teams to the finals gets him there. But others will question his ability to win finals.

:wtf:

This is the type of ish I'm talkin about

SHAQisGOAT
07-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Ignorant people, imho... Mostly beta-ass kids...

Oh, and STILL? :rolleyes: :lol

JerrySeinfeld
07-06-2015, 08:34 PM
After watching LeBron fail in a variety of ways on the biggest stage

2011 in general, bulk stats but horrible efficiency (2015), horrible 4th quarter scoring (2011), insane turnover to assist ratio (2014), empty stats coming vs spurs bench lineup in garbage time, didn't do shit vs their first team squad (2014), 2007 was underwhelming at best.

It's gotta be Bird.

turret
07-06-2015, 08:40 PM
I never have. Bird > Lebron and it's not slight.

Bird's BBall IQ would make him top 3-5 in the league at any time, regardless of who else is playing. He could adapt to any situation.

His skill set would make him top 3 most effective/productive to any team blessed enough to have him. There are no holes in his game to exploit.

And his competitiveness would ensure we would always get the best he can offer under any circumstances. There would be no one that would question his character or desire to win.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Asukal
07-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Stats? LeBron by a mile

PER? LeBron

MVPs? LeBron

FMVP? Tied

Longevity? LeBron

The bolded applies to you when it comes to MJ vs LBJ. Besides, I'd take Bird over that mental midget anyday. Who cares if he is good, he is going to fold under pressure anyway. :oldlol: :lol :roll:

jayfan
07-06-2015, 08:56 PM

Surpass him in what, exactly? Games played?

Beastmode88
07-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Bird by a mile. Bird would mentally assassinate lebron on the court. Dude would be shook from all the jumpers he land in lebron's face.

Trollsmasher
07-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Larry "mental assassin" Bird has 10 less career gamewinners than LeBron

let that sink in:lol

and let's not forget he played in a shitty fast paced no D era so his stats are heavily inflated

redrich2000
07-06-2015, 09:14 PM

This is the type of ish I'm talkin about

Sorry that was a typo, doesn't change the point though. Bird is in a tier LeBron hasn't reached. I'm not anti-LeBron, I think he get's a rough deal and is undeniably head and shoulders above anyone since Kobe and Duncan.

But the only logic that can compare him to Bird is if it's just on level of play, which is not how most people judge it.

Pushxx
07-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Always had Bird above LeBron.

Bird would dominate in this touch-foul and floor-spacing era even more. Players like Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, and Kareem are perfectly tailored for domination in today's NBA.

diamenz
07-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Stats? LeBron by a mile

PER? LeBron

MVPs? LeBron

FMVP? Tied

Longevity? LeBron

bad.

bird by a long shot. fundamentals, higher iq and balls. eat your heart out, lebron.

RRR3
07-06-2015, 10:05 PM

He already has him beat there

Duncan21formvp
07-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Bird still. Lebron embarrassed the United States of America twice bringing home bronze medals in his prime.

RRR3
07-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Bird still. Lebron embarrassed the United States of America twice bringing home bronze medals in his prime.
Dumbest things you've ever heard on ISH thread.

Blaming LeBron for the 2004 Olympics is like blaming Toney Douglas for the Heat losing in 2014

Braincells
07-06-2015, 11:56 PM
I've always liked Sue Bird.

Harison
07-07-2015, 12:10 AM
Someone had Lebrony over Bird?
This. Nobody outside of Lestans have him over Larry the Legend.

the mesiah
07-07-2015, 12:11 AM
In LESS games played , basically same # of seasons since 1 year he appeared in only 6 games in his "13" years in the L , still has more steals,total (off and def) rebounds ,blocks , more championships: better shooter, leader, tougher, smarter, actually made teammates better, played in a easily tougher era against multiple HOFers and GOAT's caliber teams in their primes ..I'll take that Larry guy,.

Lebron23
07-07-2015, 12:15 AM
LeBron will eventually overtake Bird and this is coming from a huge Larry fan.

/End Thread

LAZERUSS
07-07-2015, 12:37 AM
Two the three greatest SF's in NBA (and ABA) history...with Dr. J close behind.

BTW, I would take a peak Bird, and a career Lebron.

Unfortunately for Bird, injuries cut his career short.

Kvnzhangyay
07-07-2015, 12:48 AM

This, and most people that disagree with this obviously haven't watched full games of both players

Asukal
07-07-2015, 12:54 AM
Bird any day and twice on a sunday. :bowdown:

Why would you choose a guy who gives FMVP's to players who guarded him? Heck, even his best sidekick(Wade) has more rings than he does. :whatever:

SHAQisGOAT
07-07-2015, 01:01 AM
This, and most people that disagree with this obviously haven't watched full games of both players

:roll:

If you've watched enough from both at their best, it's CLEAR to tell that Bird's better, if you know anything about basketball at least. Not by much but definitely better.

sportjames23
07-07-2015, 01:08 AM

This. If Lebron hasn't surpassed Bird on the All-Time list by now, he never will.

Kvnzhangyay
07-07-2015, 01:20 AM
:roll:

If you've watched enough from both at their best, it's CLEAR to tell that Bird's better, if you know anything about basketball at least. Not by much but definitely better.

It's hardly clear; it's quite debateable actually (I'm assuming you are talking about peaks when you say " at their best" . If you disagree, we can agree to disagree)

BlazerRed
07-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Bird >

Fire Colangelo
07-07-2015, 02:56 AM
In LESS games played , basically same # of seasons since 1 year he appeared in only 6 games in his "13" years in the L , still has more steals,total (off and def) rebounds ,blocks , more championships: better shooter, leader, tougher, smarter, actually made teammates better, played in a easily tougher era against multiple HOFers and GOAT's caliber teams in their primes ..I'll take that Larry guy,.

And LeBron has more points, assists and steals in the same amounts of played. Sure Bird had beaten hall of famers but he also had multiple hall of famers on his team, while LeBron in his first few years were stuck with mediocre/decent casts until Miami.

Sure 2011 will always be on his resume, but that's only one year out of whats looking like a 15-20 year career. It's extremly close, people who are saying it isn't close are ignorant as ****. These two are the greatest small forwards the game has ever seen and there isn't really a wrong answer imo. Bird had unfortunate injuries so LeBron most likely over takes him completely in a couple of more seasons.

cltcfn2924
07-07-2015, 04:01 AM
Stats? LeBron by a mile

PER? LeBron

MVPs? LeBron

FMVP? Tied

Longevity? LeBron

Having the most stacked teams his entire career? Bird.

You youngsters that never watched him really should not comment and especially not call others idiots. It shows total ignorance. If Birds' team was stacked he made it that way. Parish was ok with Golden state, never would have sniffed HOF. McHale would have been good anywhere, but HOF? DJ got into the hall on Birds' shoulders. LMAO at you punks, Larry and Magic changed the game forever, you don't know s*&t. Lefraud had to join forces to win his 2 chips on a truly stacked team. Should have been more but Lecramp and Letired kept disappearing in the 4th quarter. Learn this game before you presume to call anyone an idiot.

TheBigVeto
07-07-2015, 04:03 AM
Bron lost his chance to surpass Bird when he bought into Riley's deception and joined DWhistle and the Cheatles.
It's ok though, being the 2nd GOAT SF is nothing to sniff at.

SHAQisGOAT
07-07-2015, 05:27 AM
You youngsters that never watched him really should not comment and especially not call others idiots. It shows total ignorance. If Birds' team was stacked he made it that way. Parish was ok with Golden state, never would have sniffed HOF. McHale would have been good anywhere, but HOF? DJ got into the hall on Birds' shoulders. LMAO at you punks, Larry and Magic changed the game forever, you don't know s*&t. Lefraud had to join forces to win his 2 chips on a truly stacked team. Should have been more but Lecramp and Letired kept disappearing in the 4th quarter. Learn this game before you presume to call anyone an idiot.

Parish most likely wouldn't have been a HoF'er by now if he remained in Golden State.

DJ, as good as he was, most likely wouldn't have been a HoF'er if he never joined the Celtics... Even took him some to get in as it is; was FMVP before but still... Plus, he was viewed as a "cancer" by many teams across the league, before Boston went and got him (with Bird's aproval).

Walton winning a ring and 6moty for Bird's Celtics helped to, let's say, cement his legacy (short prime due to injuries but still terrific).

I can see McHale being a HoF'er if he played most of his career on his "own" team but still... He would've "needed" to come into his own faster than he did, and if he still has that type of short peak he actually had - due to injury - it certainly would've damped his case plenty.

Bird "made" many of those names that people love to reference nowadays.

Plus, people need to get through their heads that the Celtics were one of the very worse teams in the league, even a franchise falling apart internally, right before Bird got there...
Then with Larry, new coach and basically the same core roster, they improve by 32W and make the ECF.
As a sophomore, Bird is leading them all the way to the title, with the only main addition being Cowens replaced by Robert Parish, who was already 27 and never viewed as all that.

Again, look at the '84 Playoffs for example... Everybody playing well below their standards and not even remotely close to '86 level or so; Bird leads the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, FG% and FT%, all the way to the title against GOAT level competition.

And when everything was clicking, let's say, he leads what most call the GOAT team.

In 1989 when he was out and Reggie Lewis stepped up to replace him? They drop by 15W and get swept in the 1st round.
They even considerably improved again, when LB returned as a shell.

People need to realize that the C's were shitty just before he got there, VASTLY improved with him, were considerably worse without him, shitty again for many years right after he left.

Playing in the toughest era, in the GOAT conference, best time for SF's, tremendous superstars around the league...
Major success, building a dynasty from the ground up, staying through thick and thin, more than proving his value even if his career sadly ended by way of severe injuries.

LeBron didn't have as good of a prime as an overall player, nor as good of a career when you look at the whole picture

aj1987
07-07-2015, 07:34 AM
LeBron didn't have as good of a prime as an overall player, nor as good of a career when you look at the whole picture

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I know you're a MASSIVE Bird stan and are still stuck in the '80's, but still... :facepalm

poido123
07-07-2015, 07:39 AM
A lot hinged on how many championships he'd win.

It's hard to put him past Bird at this stage, Bird still has one more ring, but I think Lebron is the more dominant player(team permitting).

OldSchoolBBall
07-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Larry "mental assassin" Bird has 10 less career gamewinners than LeBron

let that sink in:lol

This is completely false. There is no comprehensive list of all of Bird's game-winners.

Blue&Orange
07-07-2015, 08:52 AM
Larry Bird with a broken back gets as many offensive rebounds and this unparalleled physical specimen in his prime called Lebron. Lebron is all about statpadding that defensive rebound away from TT and Mozgov hands.

Shooting? :roll: seriously?

Passing? Remember that game Mozgov dominated in the post, how many assists did Lebron had that game? Bird had Parish and McHale. Playmaking is not passing the ball to someone behind the 3 point and hope he makes it, that's statpadding.

What's LEbron better at again? Cherry picking, statpadding, ring chasing and failing.

Dude is so far behind Bird in every aspect only delusional idiots can even phantom the comparison, Like Pippen said Lebron is more on his tier.

pauk
07-07-2015, 09:17 AM
I always had Bird over Lebron and recently put Lebron always right next to him, their resumes etc. are extremly similar and if there is any edge it should go to Lebron i feel, he was somewhat more prominent individually imo & has a bit more hardware/honors, but i have Bird above due to nostalgia i guess....

..and if you have Lebron over Bird, understandable... but what do you mean with "still"? What happened/changed? Did he get stripped of some accolades? Unfortunately nothing will change no matter how many more times Lebron averages 30-40 point triple doubles & plays dpoy level versatile defense to take his scrubs to Finals... if there is any change, its for the better as it only shows determination, impact and ofcourse adds more playoff stat totals / memorable performances and hell even some accolades (winning the conference finals gives you the Eastern/Western Championship Trophy afterall)...

Kingwillball
07-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Larry Bird with a broken back gets as many offensive rebounds and this unparalleled physical specimen in his prime called Lebron. Lebron is all about statpadding that defensive rebound away from TT and Mozgov hands.

Passing? Remember that game Mozgov dominated in the post, how many assists did Lebron had that game? Bird had Parish and McHale. Playmaking is not passing the ball to someone behind the 3 point and hope he makes it, that's statpadding.

What's LEbron better at again? Cherry picking, statpadding, ring chasing and failing.

Dude is so far behind Bird in every aspect only delusional idiots can even phantom the comparison, Like Pippen said Lebron is more on his tier.

lol at this troll post I watched Larry bird play lebron if he hasn't passed bird already will with another championship or two. His achievements stats wise will dwarf bird so haters like you better hope somehow he doesn't win another ring cause that would be your only argument at this point once he ties bird with rings won its a wrap...

Trollsmasher
07-07-2015, 09:38 AM
This is completely false. There is no comprehensive list of all of Bird's game-winners.
there is

just because you haven't seen it does not mean there isn't

LeBron has 32 (RS plus PO), Bird only 22

pegasus
07-07-2015, 09:52 AM

This. One is a true winner and a leader, and the other a glorified statpadder. Absolutely no comparison.

pegasus
07-07-2015, 09:54 AM
I always had Bird over Lebron and recently put Lebron always right next to him, their resumes etc. are extremly similar and if there is any edge it should go to Lebron i feel, he was somewhat more prominent individually imo & has a bit more hardware/honors, but i have Bird above due to nostalgia i guess....

..and if you have Lebron over Bird, understandable... but what do you mean with "still"? What happened/changed? Did he get stripped of some accolades? Unfortunately nothing will change no matter how many more times Lebron averages 30-40 point triple doubles & plays dpoy level versatile defense to take his scrubs to Finals... if there is any change, its for the better as it only shows determination, impact and ofcourse adds more playoff stat totals / memorable performances and hell even some accolades (winning the conference finals gives you the Eastern/Western Championship Trophy afterall)...
:roll: :roll: :roll:

You are SO pathetic.:facepalm

PsychoBe
07-07-2015, 09:55 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I know you're a MASSIVE Bird stan and are still stuck in the '80's, but still... :facepalm

stop stanning son you're a wade fan not a bran fan hop off his small lil' sack.

OldSchoolBBall
07-07-2015, 10:01 AM
there is

just because you haven't seen it does not mean there isn't

LeBron has 32 (RS plus PO), Bird only 22

No, there is not - not one made by anyone reputable such as Elias Sports or some such who would have access to ALL of Bird's career games.

the mesiah
07-07-2015, 10:49 AM
And LeBron has more points, assists and steals in the same amounts of played. Sure Bird had beaten hall of famers but he also had multiple hall of famers on his team, while LeBron in his first few years were stuck with mediocre/decent casts until Miami.

Sure 2011 will always be on his resume, but that's only one year out of whats looking like a 15-20 year career. It's extremly close, people who are saying it isn't close are ignorant as ****. These two are the greatest small forwards the game has ever seen and there isn't really a wrong answer imo. Bird had unfortunate injuries so LeBron most likely over takes him completely in a couple of more seasons.
http://i60.tinypic.com/x5axjd.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/3483tlg.jpg
Several years before Boston wasn't doing shit , next thing u know Bird comes in and changes all from top to bottom in rookie year to create his dynasty.He made everyone on that team elevate their level of play and be that leader.Lebron going thru a weak ass Eastern conference and still couldn't win anything , had to ride the coattails of D-wade to get his rings .Of course he overtakes him in numbers cuz he would have played more games to do it.

aj1987
07-07-2015, 10:53 AM
stop stanning son you're a wade fan not a bran fan hop off his small lil' sack.

Did I not say that Bird still a SLIGHT edge over LeBron? :facepalm

Prime_Shaq
07-07-2015, 11:40 AM
LeBron can surpass Bird but Bird is above for now.

colts19
07-07-2015, 12:54 PM
My list of players better than Bron in the 4th quarter and OT if playoffs.
Bird
MJ
Magic
Wade
Hondo
Russell
I. Thomas
Rick Barry
Kareem
Wilt
Duncan
Clyde F.
Barkley

Never mind it would be easier to make a list of players worse than Bron in the 4th quarter and OT. I just can't think of any. I know Bron has had some big 4th quarters, when the game wasn't on the line. He has by far had more terrible 4th quarter than any all time great ever.

aj1987
07-07-2015, 01:53 PM
My list of players better than Bron in the 4th quarter and OT if playoffs.
Bird
MJ
Magic
Wade
Hondo
Russell
I. Thomas
Rick Barry
Kareem
Wilt
Duncan
Clyde F.
Barkley

Never mind it would be easier to make a list of players worse than Bron in the 4th quarter and OT. I just can't think of any. I know Bron has had some big 4th quarters, when the game wasn't on the line. He has by far had more terrible 4th quarter than any all time great ever.
:facepalm

This board is filled with idiots.

RRR3
07-07-2015, 02:03 PM
LeBron James

LeBron James Career Regular Season Stats so far (911 games)

39.3 MPG, 27.3 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 6.9 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.8 BPG on .496/.342/.745 shooting

Some of his best statistical seasons:

2009-10: 39.0 MPG, 29.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 8.6 APG, 1.6 SPG, 1.0 BPG on .503/.333/.767 shooting

2011-12: 37.5 MPG, 27.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 6.2 APG, 1.9 SPG, 0.8 BPG on .531/.362/.771 shooting

2012-13: 37.9 MPG, 26.8 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 7.3 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.9 BPG on .565/.406/.753 shooting

2005-06: 42.5 MPG, 31.4 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.8 BPG on .480/.335/.738 shooting

2013-14: 37.7 MPG, 27.1 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 6.3 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.3 BPG on .567/.379/.750 shooting

2007-08: 40.4 MPG, 30.0 PPG (led league), 7.9 RPG, 7.2 APG, 1.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG on .484/.315/.712 shooting

LeBron James Career NBA Playoff Stats so far (178 games)

42.5 MPG, 28.2 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 6.7 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.9 BPG on .473/.318/.752 shooting

Some of his most impressive playoff runs statistically:

2011-12: 23 games, 42.7 MPG, 30.3 PPG (led playoffs), 9.7 RPG, 5.6 APG, 1.9 SPG, 0.7 BPG on .500/.259/.739 shooting

2008-09: 14 games, 41.4 MPG, 35.3 PPG (led playoffs), 9.1 RPG, 7.3 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.9 BPG on .510/.333/.749 shooting

2013-14: 20 games, 38.2 MPG, 27.4 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 4.8 APG, 1.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG on .565/.407/.806 shooting

2014-15: 20 games, 42.2 MPG, 30.1 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 8.5 APG, 1.7 SPG, 1.1 BPG on .417/.227/.731 shooting

2012-13: 23 games, 41.7 MPG, 25.9 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.8 SPG, 0.8 BPG on .491/.375/.777 shooting

2009-10: 11 games, 41.8 MPG, 29.1 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 7.6 APG, 1.7 SPG, 1.8 BPG on .502/.400/.733 shooting

LeBron James Awards and Accolades so far

2x NBA Champion

4x NBA MVP

2X NBA Finals MVP

11x NBA All-Star

9x All-NBA 1st Team

2x All-NBA 2nd Team

Rookie of the Year

5x All-Defensive 1st Team

1x All-Defensive 2nd Team

Led NBA in Field Goals made 4 times

Led NBA in Free Throws Made in 2008-09

Scoring Title in 2007-08

4th in NBA History in PPG

5th in NBA Playoffs History in PPG

2 30+ PPG Seasons

1x All-Star Game MVP

One of a select group of players to have 10 or more 50+ point games (he has 10).

Larry Bird

Larry Bird Career NBA Stats (897 games, in other words LBJ has already played more)

38.4 MPG, 24.3 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 6.3 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.8 BPG on .496/.376/.886 shooting

Some of his best Stats in Regular Seasons

1986-87: 40.6 MPG, 28.1 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 7.6 APG, 1.8 SPG, 0.9 BPG on .525/.400/.910 (led NBA) shooting

1987-88: 39.0 MPG, 29.9 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 6.1 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.8 BPG on .527/.414/.916 shooting

1985-86: 38.0 MPG, 25.8 PPG, 9.8 RPG, 6.8 APG, 2.0 SPG, 0.6 BPG on .496/.423/.896 (led NBA) shooting

1984-85: 39.5 MPG, 28.7 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.6 SPG, 1.2 BPG on .522/.427/.882 shooting

1983-84: 38.3 MPG, 24.2 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 6.6 APG, 1.8 SPG, 0.9 BPG on .492/.247/.888 (led NBA) shooting

1982-83: 37.7 MPG, 23.6 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 5.8 APG, 1.9 SPG, 0.9 BPG on .504/.286/.840 shooting

Larry Bird Career Playoff Stats (164 games, again less than LBJ. To Bird's credit he has one more ring thus far)

42.0 MPG, 23.8 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 6.5 APG, 1.8 SPG, 0.9 BPG on .472/.321/.890 shooting

Some of his most impressive Playoff runs stats wise

1985-86: 18 games, 42.8 MPG, 25.9 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 8.2 APG, 2.1 SPG, 0.6 BPG on .517/.411/.927 shooting

1983-84: 23 games, 41.8 MPG, 27.5 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 5.9 APG, 2.3 SPG, 1.2 BPG on .524/.412/.879 shooting

1986-87: 23 ga,es. 44.1 MPG, 27.0 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 7.2 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.8 BPG on .476/.341/.912 shooting

1984-85: 20 games, 40.8 MPG, 26.0 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 5.8 APG, 1.7 SPG, 1.0 BPG on .461/.280/.890 shooting

1987-88: 17 games, 44.9 MPG, 24.5 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 6.8 APG, 2.1 SPG, 0.8 BPG on .450/.375/.894 shooting

1980-81: 17 games, 44.1 MPG, 21.9 PPG, 14.0 RPG, 6.1 APG, 2.3 SPG, 1.0 BPG on .470/.375/.894 shooting

Larry Bird Awards and Accolades

NBA Hall of Fame

3x NBA Champion

3x NBA MVP

2x NBA Finals MVP

12x NBA All-Star

9x All-NBA 1st Team

1x All-NBA 2nd Team

3x All-Defensive 2nd Team

Led NBA in 3PT FGs made twice

Led NBA in FT% 4 times

11th All-Time in NBA FT%

16th All-Time in NBA PPG

NBA 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

Number 33 retired by Celtics

1x All-Star Game MVP

3x 3Pt shootout champion

Bird is way better doe :yaohappy:

PP34Deuce
07-07-2015, 02:15 PM
People like to bring competition in so much. Control what can be controlled and that's their talent and achievements.

I'm not going to argue competition because I believe while 80's and 90's team D was more cohesive, 2000's has more athletic freaks and tougher defenders.

Lebron is slightly over larry Bird right now at this time.

aj1987
07-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Bird is way better doe :yaohappy:
I don't have a problem with people saying that Bird is higher. Heck, even I said it. People acting like it ain't even close is just retarded.

RRR3
07-07-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't have a problem with people saying that Bird is higher. Heck, even I said it. People acting like it ain't even close is just retarded.
What argument does Bird have if LeBron wins another ring?

TheMan
07-07-2015, 02:32 PM
LeBron has Bird on athleticism and durability, Bird has LeBron on just about everything else. Peak vs peak, Bird easily.

funnystuff
07-07-2015, 02:35 PM
People saying "Bird easily" :roll: :roll:

aj1987
07-07-2015, 02:40 PM
LeBron has Bird on athleticism and durability, Bird has LeBron on just about everything else. Peak vs peak, Bird easily.
Defense - Quite easily LeBron
Passing - Close. Wouldn't go wrong with either.
Scoring - Bird's got the shooting, but LeBron is a GOAT level finisher and has had an elite postgame since '12. Again, wouldn't go wrong with either. You don't score 27 PPG in the RS and 28 PPG in the PO's on elite efficiency over 12 years, without being one of the best EVER at it.
Rebounding - Bird quite easily.

LeBron, in his 12 year in the league, is more athletic that PEAK Bird. LeBron also has more accolades than Bird in 12 seasons, compared to 13 from Bird.

RRR3
07-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Defense - Quite easily LeBron
Passing - Close. Wouldn't go wrong with either.
Scoring - Bird's got the shooting, but LeBron is a GOAT level finisher and has had an elite postgame since '12. Again, wouldn't go wrong with either. You don't score 27 PPG in the RS and 28 PPG in the PO's on elite efficiency over 12 years, without being one of the best EVER at it.
Rebounding - Bird quite easily.

LeBron, in his 12 year in the league, is more athletic that PEAK Bird. LeBron also has more accolades than Bird in 12 seasons, compared to 13 from Bird.
LeBron is the better scorer.