PDA

View Full Version : How the fk can Cavs get Joe Johnson? His salary is 24.9 mil 2015-16

imnew09
07-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Max contract

Kyrie
Love
TT
Lebron

Joe johnson 24.9 mil.

Plus role and bench players Da Fu. Fken rigged or Gilbert is fken stacked

STATUTORY
07-07-2015, 12:00 PM
all they need is syrup cuz they stacked like pancakes

Mr Clutch Melo
07-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Just FAThorst talking garbage to stay relevant. He mad cuz Lebrons peeps are not giving him inside stuff anymore

PejaNowitzki
07-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Dan Gilbert's net worth is around $5 billion and he isnt dependent on the NBA to generate income, I dont think he gives a flying **** about paying a 9 figure luxury tax as long as he can be the guy to bring the first championship to Cleveland in over 50 years.

Velocirap31
07-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Dan Gilbert's net worth is around $5 billion and he isnt dependent on the NBA to generate income, I dont think he gives a flying **** about paying a 9 figure luxury tax as long as he can be the guy to bring the first championship to Cleveland in over 50 years.

Pretty badass. :rockon:

Doranku
07-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Bought, not earned :bowdown: :applause:

Springsteen
07-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Dan Gilbert literally owns half of Detroit.

HurricaneKid
07-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Max contract

Kyrie
Love
TT
Lebron

Joe johnson 24.9 mil.

Plus role and bench players Da Fu. Fken rigged or Gilbert is fken stacked

Salary cap wise they just trade the Haywood voidable contract which is 10.5M + Andy V's 10M deal and its within 25% and works. For NJN it saves them 40M in salary/tax.

Makes sense to both teams. Outside of the one game that was already lost he was a travesty in the Finals and has had disappearing acts like that in the playoffs more often than not in the past as well. Replacing him with a known quantity and shooter in JJ who could then sign on for a lesser salary in the future makes great sense.

The only people it doesn't make sense to is LBJ haters who are now grasping the doom ahead of them.

imnew09
07-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Salary cap wise they just trade the Haywood voidable contract which is 10.5M + Andy V's 10M deal and its within 25% and works. For NJN it saves them 40M in salary/tax.

Makes sense to both teams. Outside of the one game that was already lost he was a travesty in the Finals and has had disappearing acts like that in the playoffs more often than not in the past as well. Replacing him with a known quantity and shooter in JJ who could then sign on for a lesser salary in the future makes great sense.

The only people it doesn't make sense to is LBJ haters who are now grasping the doom ahead of them.

It makes more sense if they just waived Haywood. But lebeta needs more help

nou1990
07-07-2015, 01:33 PM
they're not, everybody over reacts for no reason

pegasus
07-07-2015, 01:35 PM
How will they sign Lebron? They don't have his bird rights, do they?

TheMarkMadsen
07-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Kyrie/Mo/Delly
JJ/Shump/Crawford
Bran/Jones
Love/TT
Mozgof/Andy V

Bran stans be like

"Need moar"

HurricaneKid
07-07-2015, 02:58 PM
How will they sign Lebron? They don't have his bird rights, do they?

Of course they do.

atljonesbro
07-07-2015, 03:01 PM
How alpha would it be if LeBron just decided to up and leave Cleveland?

HurricaneKid
07-07-2015, 03:03 PM
It makes more sense if they just waived Haywood. But lebeta needs more help

The duty of every front office is to put together the best team they can.

Are you suggesting that because some kid in Missouri doesn't like LeBron they should shirk their duties?

I don't care if people don't like LeBron. But making comments about how a front office shouldn't utilize the resources at its disposal to make the best team possible is just silly.

RRR3
07-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Kyrie/Mo/Delly
JJ/Shump/Crawford
Bran/Jones
Love/TT
Mozgof/Andy V

Bran stans be like

"Need moar"

They aren't getting JJ and Crawford :roll:

He doesn't need more help, he just needs his teammates to be healthy :confusedshrug:

RRR3
07-07-2015, 03:06 PM
BTW, why are you guys acting like Joe Johnson is anything more than mediocre these days? :biggums:

***** put up 14/5/4 on 44/36/80 on a marginal team and you act like he's a superstar

christian1923
07-07-2015, 03:24 PM
BTW, why are you guys acting like Joe Johnson is anything more than mediocre these days? :biggums:

***** put up 14/5/4 on 44/36/80 on a marginal team and you act like he's a superstar
He can still takeover games in the 4th. He's clutch as hell

RedBlackAttack
07-07-2015, 04:47 PM

I actually think it is more likely that we would just re-sign JR Smith if the Cavs pick up JJ. It would only be one of Crawford or JJ, not both... and I'd MUCH rather have JJ.

Johnson would be a great piece coming off the bench. It's not about him being a "superstar." It's about building a team that makes sense. To me, the Cavs' starting five is set right now. All of the work that is being done at the moment is to fortify the bench unit, which we saw the importance of in the Finals.

What we currently don't have is a backup small forward. Johnson would be the best backup SF in the league along with Iggy. And, JJ hasn't been on a team where he wasn't the first or second option since his days in PHX, where he was fantastic.

I think it is safe to say this lineup would have insane potential.

PG: Kyrie Irving / Mo Williams / Matthew Dellavedova
SG: Iman Shumpert / JR Smith
SF: LeBron James / Joe Johnson
PF: Kevin Love / Tristan Thompson
C: Timofey Mozgov / Anderson Varejao

If they stayed healthy, this team doesn't have many holes. Excellent combination of shooting/slashing/playmaking, defense and transition. Also, very versatile, with most guys on the roster capable of playing multiple positions.

protox
07-07-2015, 04:52 PM
I actually think it is more likely that we would just re-sign JR Smith if the Cavs pick up JJ. It would only be one of Crawford or JJ, not both... and I'd MUCH rather have JJ.

Johnson would be a great piece coming off the bench. It's not about him being a "superstar." It's about building a team that makes sense. To me, the Cavs' starting five is set right now. All of the work that is being done at the moment is to fortify the bench unit, which we saw the importance of in the Finals.

What we currently don't have is a backup small forward. Johnson would be the best backup SF in the league along with Iggy. And, JJ hasn't been on a team where he wasn't the first or second option since his days in PHX, where he was fantastic.

I think it is safe to say this lineup would have insane potential.

PG: Kyrie Irving / Mo Williams / Matthew Dellavedova
SG: Iman Shumpert / JR Smith
SF: LeBron James / Joe Johnson
PF: Kevin Love / Tristan Thompson
C: Timofey Mozgov / Anderson Varejao

If they stayed healthy, this team doesn't have many holes. Excellent combination of shooting/slashing/playmaking, defense and transition. Also, very versatile, with most guys on the roster capable of playing multiple positions.

Andy wouldn't be in the line up. He'd be gone and replace him with Amare. Solid.

Droid101
07-07-2015, 04:57 PM
RBA avoiding the other JJ thread like the plague. :roll:

Cocaine80s
07-07-2015, 05:01 PM
RBA, ban this clown for harassment.

J Shuttlesworth
07-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Yet here you are following him around :biggums:

RedBlackAttack
07-07-2015, 05:08 PM
Andy wouldn't be in the line up. He'd be gone and replace him with Amare. Solid.
That's one of the many predicitons of what a potential deal might look like, but since none of us know for sure and it is all educating guessing, I'll leave things as they are. I don't think deducting Varejao and adding Amar'e really changes things.

Droid,
I have no idea what you're even talking about. What other thread? I literally just logged on for the first time today. Trust me, I'm not "avoiding" anything. Although your fascination with my posting habits is becoming something I'd rather avoid.

imnew09
07-08-2015, 01:54 AM

Even Lebeta fans are so used to getting Ls nowadays