PDA

View Full Version : Clippers desperation plea to DeAndre Jordan could endanger Roy Hibbert trade

J Shuttlesworth
07-08-2015, 10:39 PM
NBA free agency took one final twist before the moratorium ends on July 9, and the Los Angeles Clippers are putting a full-court press on DeAndre Jordan to persuade him to return instead of signing with the Dallas Mavericks, according to Marc Stein of ESPN. Blake Griffin "huddled" with Jordan Tuesday night, and a contingency of Clippers are traveling to Houston to make a final plea before he signs his contract with Dallas. Chris Paul is also said to be a key part of the push to bring Jordan back.

Will this affect the Lakers, though? The Mavericks were one of the teams interested in trading for Roy Hibbert if they didn't sign Jordan. Without DeAndre, would they switch gears and try to renegotiate with Indiana? The Lakers and Pacers have yet to finalize the trade, which wasn't expected to be completed until July 9. As it stands the only details that seem certain is the Lakers are offering a second-round draft pick to absorb Roy's salary from Indiana. It's unclear if the Pacers would be willing to break off of a deal that was said to be agreed upon besides the final assets being shifted.

Los Angeles was said to be interested in gaining additional financial flexibility by seeking salary-dump trades for Nick Young, Ryan Kelly and Robert Sacre, but have yet to execute the next step in their plan. The NBA also finalizes the salary cap figure for the season, which is reportedly anticipated to be approximately $2 million higher than the league initially projected. That number could assist the Lakers in finalizing their deals with Lou Williams and Brandon Bass.

As it stands the Lakers shouldn't be more than a few hours away from finalizing their deals once the moratorium lifts Wednesday night at 9 p.m. PT. If DeAndre changes his mind on going to Dallas, it's worth keeping an eye on the Hibbert situation.

Clippers ****ing with the entire league

IncarceratedBob
07-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Cuban already said they're tanking if he missed out on DJ dummy

J Shuttlesworth
07-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Cuban already said they're tanking if he missed out on DJ dummy
Isn't Mr. "Double Bagel" Hibbert the perfect piece to have for tanking?

Doranku
07-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Meh. It's Roy Hibbert, if the Lakers don't get him because of this then oh well. It was worth it for the drama. :roll:

WeGetRing2012
07-08-2015, 10:43 PM
What else can they offer??

Everyone is not going to start pulling out of deals because of DeAndre.

Fallen Angel
07-08-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm curious if Cuban would actually do the S&T for Hibbert because him getting Roy would soften the blow the Mavericks took this offseason and weaken his argument about changing the use of verbal agreements for free agents.

ClipperRevival
07-09-2015, 12:26 AM
I don't want Hibbert. He would stunt our flow with the youngsters who will want to run, run and run. I think Upshaw has a good shot at giving us good minutes. I don't have a problem with Black playing C in the meantime. This season should be for player development and evaluation. And in 2016-17, we go all in the FA market and try to actually win.

nashwade
07-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Dj >>>>>> Rh

Fowl
07-09-2015, 01:24 AM
I don't think Larry Bird would **** with the Lakers like that. He's a man of his word, an old school guy.

Bosnian Sajo
07-09-2015, 02:06 AM
If Cuban really is tanking and wanted to make it up to Nowitzki for staying patient after that title in 2011, he'd trade em to the Spurs for Diaw.

Can you imagine?

Aldridge/West
Duncan/Nowitzki

COnDEMnED
07-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Oh no Mavericks!! Don't steal Roy Hibbert away from us!! Said Nobody ever.

iTare
07-09-2015, 02:16 AM
Oh no Mavericks!! Don't steal Roy Hibbert away from us!! Said Nobody ever.
Yeah that has never been said because these circumstances have never appeared before.
Negged.

COnDEMnED
07-09-2015, 02:55 AM
Yeah that has never been said because these circumstances have never appeared before.
Negged.
I don't think you get it. Neg me twice for good measure. These "circumstances" have no effect on how good or bad, most likely bad, Roy Hibbert plays. Oh no..please don't take him from us Dallas!!

ihatetimthomas
07-09-2015, 06:01 AM
I don't want Hibbert. He would stunt our flow with the youngsters who will want to run, run and run. I think Upshaw has a good shot at giving us good minutes. I don't have a problem with Black playing C in the meantime. This season should be for player development and evaluation. And in 2016-17, we go all in the FA market and try to actually win.

Lakers don't have much flexibility here. They need to fill up the cap for this season and Hibbert actually fits the bill perfectly. He plays a position which won't take away from their 3 best young players (Russell, Clarkson and Randle) He is a one year rental, they keep their financial flexibility . They have a few young centers but it will be good to learn from the a former DPOY candidate even though he had a off year last season. Those guys are not ready for big minutes.

pastis
07-09-2015, 06:07 AM
next summer parsons and dirk have player ptions. i expect parsons to opt out. so mavs could go in a lakers-esque tanking mode over a 2 year stretch.

KelticForce1349
07-09-2015, 09:14 AM
If Cuban really is tanking and wanted to make it up to Nowitzki for staying patient after that title in 2011, he'd trade em to the Spurs for Diaw.

Can you imagine?

Aldridge/West
Duncan/Nowitzki

Do the salaries match? That would be just insane...

ralph_i_el
07-09-2015, 09:51 AM

Can you imagine?

Aldridge/West
Duncan/Nowitzki

:rockon: 3 of the 4 best midrange shooting big men(the 4th is Al Horford)+ Tim Duncan

Cold soul
07-09-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't think Larry Bird would **** with the Lakers like that. He's a man of his word, an old school guy.

Exactly. Although Bird was Celtic he is old school I imagine he will honor his word even with Lakers.

gts
07-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Supposedly trade went through last night or was sent to the league...

monkeypox
07-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Hibbert changed the background of his twitter to a Laker logo. It's done.

gts
07-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 11m11 minutes ago
The Lakers have acquired center Roy Hibbert in a trade with Indiana for a future 2nd round pick. Hibbert was in All-Star in 2012 and 2014.