PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the playoffs out West now?

Inferno
07-09-2015, 02:55 AM
Looks like the Blazers, Mavericks, and Pelicans(?) are all possible teams to drop out this year...

Warriors
Spurs
Thunder
Rockets
Clippers
Grizzlies
?
?
?

:confusedshrug:

Lebron23
07-09-2015, 02:56 AM
Sacramento Kings

bdreason
07-09-2015, 02:56 AM
Warriors
Spurs
Grizzlies
Clippers
Rockets
Thunder
Pelicans
Suns

wally_world
07-09-2015, 02:58 AM
Kings and Thunder over Mavs and Blazers

GSW
OKC
SAS
LAC
HOU
MEM
NOP
SAC

What a great 1st round that would be tho

iTare
07-09-2015, 02:59 AM
my beloved rocky mountain state!

GO JAZZ GO! :banana:

ClipperRevival
07-09-2015, 03:05 AM

Jazz have a very talented, young team. If Gobert continues to improve, he could make them playoff contenders. Hayward, Burke and Favors. Exum has high upside. Evans is athletic as hell but not much to show for it yet. Very long and formidable on the front court with Gobert, Favors and Booker. They can bang with anyone down low.

BigTicket
07-09-2015, 03:09 AM
Kings and Thunder over Mavs and Blazers

Agreed.

OKC is going to win their division by 20+ games.

iTare
07-09-2015, 03:10 AM
Jazz have a very talented, young team. If Gobert continues to improve, he could make them playoff contenders. Hayward, Burke and Favors. Exum has high upside. Evans is athletic as hell but not much to show for it yet. Very long and formidable on the front court with Gobert, Favors and Booker. They can bang with anyone down low.
I love you man. Let me rep you brotha!

Fallen Angel
07-09-2015, 03:10 AM
Guaranteed:

San Antonio
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis
Los Angeles C.
Golden State
Oklahoma City

Maybe:

Utah
Phoenix
Denver

No way:

Los Angeles L.
Dallas
Minnesota
Sacramento
Portland

Inferno
07-09-2015, 03:12 AM
Guaranteed:

San Antonio
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis
Los Angeles C.
Golden State
Oklahoma City

Maybe:

Utah
Phoenix
Denver

No way:

Los Angeles L.
Dallas
Minnesota
Sacramento
Portland

Why not Minnesota under maybe?

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins
Towns
Dieng/Pekovic

Could be a pretty good ****ing starting 5 :confusedshrug:

BigTicket
07-09-2015, 03:14 AM

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins
Towns
Dieng/Pekovic

No way, far too young.

They have a lot of potential, but they're not good enough yet.

ClipperRevival
07-09-2015, 03:16 AM
I love you man. Let me rep you brotha!

Funny thing was before the start of last season, the over/under for their win total was 25 games. I saw your team in several preseason games and thought you had way too much talent to just be a 25 win team. So I bet like $30 on the over and I obviously won. So I was sort of a Jazz fan all season long because of the bet. And when Gobert came out of nowhere, he really took your team to another level. Ingles is another guy who might be good, very high bball iq and passer. But how far you guys go will depend on Gobert and how good he can be. Don't you think?

ClipperRevival
07-09-2015, 03:18 AM

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins
Towns
Dieng/Pekovic

Yeah, just way too young and inexperienced. They will need at least this year to get their feet wet. Maybe starting next year they can do something.

iTare
Funny thing was before the start of last season, the over/under for their win total was 25 games. I saw your team in several preseason games and thought you had way too much talent to just be a 25 win team. So I bet like $30 on the over and I obviously won. So I was sort of a Jazz fan all season long because of the bet. And when Gobert came out of nowhere, he really took your team to another level. Ingles is another guy who might be good, very high bball iq and passer. But how far you guys go will depend on Gobert and how good he can be. Don't you think?
man that's funny i did a similar bet. for sure our best player is gobert, dude is so gifted when it comes to defense. can't wait to see how this all shapes up for us!

Fallen Angel
They are not a good team shooting the three and have problems keeping Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic healthy. Those two are key pieces for making this team go offensively.

bdreason
07-09-2015, 03:19 AM
I like the Jazz. They were playing awesome at the end of last season. Best defense in the league I think for a stretch.

But I also like what Hornacek is doing in Phoenix, and I think the style they play can translate to regular season wins if done right. They'll still be pretenders, but they can win a lot of games.

BlakFrankWhite
07-09-2015, 03:20 AM
Woah...easy there sonny....Thunder will be #1 seed from the West...so I suggest you edit your post.

Other than that

-Pels
-Kings
-Suns

iTare
07-09-2015, 03:21 AM
I like the Jazz. They were playing awesome at the end of last season. Best defense in the league I think for a stretch.

But I also like what Hornacek is doing in Phoenix, and I think the style they play can translate to regular season wins if done right. They'll still be pretenders, but they can win a lot of games.
I like Pheonix! Well mostly because of Hornacek :lol
But yes, the Suns do have that kind of squad.

DMAVS41
07-09-2015, 03:21 AM
Guaranteed:

San Antonio
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis
Los Angeles C.
Golden State
Oklahoma City

Maybe:

Utah
Phoenix
Denver

No way:

Los Angeles L.
Dallas
Minnesota
Sacramento
Portland

Denver might offload everyone and start over. I think Minny and the Kings will be a lot better than people are giving them credit for as well.

iTare
07-09-2015, 03:28 AM
Denver might offload everyone and start over. I think Minny and the Kings will be a lot better than people are giving them credit for as well.
I hope you're right! Makes the West even more fun to watch! Cheers man!
:banana:

DMAVS41
07-09-2015, 03:30 AM
I hope you're right! Makes the West even more fun to watch! Cheers man!
:banana:

Outside of Dallas and the Blazers now...I don't see any teams in the West that won't be competitive most nights.

The Lakers might not be, but they added some real NBA players. If Kobe is right and the rookies are good...they'll be alright.

The tough part is that barring injury...that top 7 is locked.

Legends66NBA7
07-09-2015, 03:35 AM
If everyone is healthy ? Hmmmm.... Not any real order but here's mine... I'm banking on Utah to make it.

Golden State
San Antonio
Oklahoma City
Houston
LA Clippers
Memphis
New Orleans
Utah

Phoenix
Sacramento
Denver
Dallas
Minnesota
Portland
LA Lakers

Mr. Jabbar
07-09-2015, 03:41 AM
D'Angelo Russell.

Cleverness
07-09-2015, 03:47 AM
Golden State
San Antonio
LA Clippers
Oklahoma City
Houston
Memphis
New Orleans
Utah

iTare
07-09-2015, 04:07 AM
If everyone is healthy ? Hmmmm.... Not any real order but here's mine... I'm banking on Utah to make it.

Golden State
San Antonio
Oklahoma City
Houston
LA Clippers
Memphis
New Orleans
Utah

Phoenix
Sacramento
Denver
Dallas
Minnesota
Portland
LA Lakers
:applause:

disel
07-09-2015, 04:21 AM
Best 4 teams in the west are

Warriors
Spurs
Houston
OKC(HEALTHY)

then you have the
Clippers
Memphis

After that I mean you could say the Pelicans, Mavs, Sacramento and even Wolves are a chance.

The most realistic scenario is

Spurs
Warriors
Houston
OKC
Clippers
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Kings or Mavs

JimmyMcAdocious
07-09-2015, 04:34 AM
Warriors
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Grizzlies
Rockets
Pelicans
D'Angelo

Xiao Yao You
07-09-2015, 05:34 AM
Jazz should be there even with the disappointing off-season thus far. One of the best teams at the end of the season and they add a healthy Burks. Exum just had an encouraging Summer League game too! Great D and the offense should just get better.

Sportal
07-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Teams that are, if healthy, absolute locks. Like, realistically, these teams just won't miss the playoffs without disasters:

OKC
GSW
Spurs
Rockets
Memphis
Clippers

Then I would like to see Utah, it's time.

But really it will be a group of:

Utah
N.O.
Dallas
Phoenix
Kings (Darkest possible horse)

5 into 2 obviously doesn't go, so I would hope for Utah and N.O.

CakeorDeath
07-09-2015, 08:28 AM

Great post; however, Evans signed with Dallas.

Unless Quinn Snyder, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, and Rudy Gobert kidnap him in his own house...

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Derka
07-09-2015, 08:30 AM

I dunno about this year, but in the next couple years...if they keep that young core together, they're definitely going places as the West starts to age some. :cheers:

UK2K
07-09-2015, 08:41 AM
1) Gs
2) Hou
3) Okc
4) Sas
5) Lac
6) Mem
7) ???
8) ???

coin24
07-09-2015, 08:45 AM
Let's go lakers!!:cheers:

BlakFrankWhite
07-09-2015, 08:46 AM
1) Gs
2) Hou
3) Okc
4) Sas
5) Lac
6) Mem
7) ???
8) ???

So you think OKC will have another injury crisis? Coz there's no way in hell they finished below Houston

SOD 21
07-09-2015, 09:17 AM
The playoff teams in the WC for next season will be as follows:

Tier 1
OKC, Spurs and GS (any order)

Tier 2
Memphis, LAC and Houston

Tier 3
New Orleans

Tier 4
Utah - lots of young talent