PDA

View Full Version : Which Harry Potter movie was the best one? (Please move to OTCL)

GIF REACTION
07-09-2015, 08:52 AM
This is an uncommon opinion, but my favorite was always Chamber of Secrets. Shit got mad crazy around Hogwarts.

What you reckon?

GIF REACTION
07-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Oh shit this was meant to be in the OTCL

EDIT: can the mods move threads?

GIF REACTION
07-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Check out this dope Dubstep track. Shit's super-hot fire AF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lvj1qFpGec

scandisk_
07-09-2015, 09:37 AM
half blood prince by far (book and film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWtO0cfgewY

ralph_i_el
07-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Harry Pothead and the Sorcerer's Stoned

but for real doe, I fell asleep in the theater during the 5th movie. All the movies after the 4th are booty.

Derka
07-09-2015, 10:03 AM
I found the 5th movie pretty dull right up until the Order/Death Eater fight scene. 4.75 books prior to that had spent a good amount of time describing how nasty "the War" was, and that scene was the first time we get to see just how nasty. Great stuff.

And then Voldemort v. Dumbledore was epic.

Prisoner of Azkaban remains my favorite book and movie though by a wide margin.

ralph_i_el
07-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Prisoner of Azkaban remains my favorite book and movie though by a wide margin.

:cheers: agreed. Sirius Black is a ****ing rock star

rmt
07-09-2015, 10:36 AM
The best - Deathly Hallows Part 2 - has my favorite section of the series - when you find out that Snape protected Harry all along because he loved Lily. I am such a romantic :D
The worst - Deathly Hallows Part 1

Derka
07-09-2015, 10:38 AM
:cheers: agreed. Sirius Black is a ****ing rock star

That was my main man right from the jump when they introduced him. :cheers:

Fun story: a few years back I became a godfather to my homeboy's two kids. He and his ex-wife are also Harry Potter fans and knew Sirius was my guy. So as a thank you, they bought me his wand. Choked me right the f*ck up, lol.

Suguru101
07-09-2015, 01:51 PM
half blood prince by far (book and film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWtO0cfgewY

This. It is my favorite book, and the one I think was done the best.

Azkaban has the crazy going back in time sequence, but the Dumbledore and Harry pensieve scenes were amazing.

In the movie they cut out too much, so i don't know. Maybe the 5th. Voldemort vs Dumbledore was :bowdown:

West-Side
07-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Half Blood Prince or Prisoner of Azkaban
I also enjoyed Chambers of Secrets and Deathly Hallows Part 2.

West-Side
07-09-2015, 01:59 PM
I was rooting for Valdemort since after the first 30 minutes.
Harry was such a bitch in those movies.
Was genuinely pissed off I wasted so much of my time watching these films just to see that little ****** "somehow" pull of some magic on the Lord. :facepalm

GIF REACTION
07-09-2015, 02:01 PM
The first 2 movies still had that sense of majestic and joy to it... Brings back classic memories. The tonal shift started in number 3 which was probably the best film

kentatm
07-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Azkaban all the way

thats the movie that sold me on the series.

I dont get how people feel the first two were more "magical" w/the sterile ass world created by Chris Columbus. Shit looked like a Disney attraction with the way he filmed and had the sets made.

GIF REACTION
07-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Azkaban all the way

thats the movie that sold me on the series.

I dont get how people feel the first two were more "magical" w/the sterile ass world created by Chris Columbus. Shit looked like a Disney attraction with the way he filmed and had the sets made.
Well they were first years and young as shit. The tone fit for the early films, and they evolved in the right manner to a more serious tone as they got older.

kentatm
07-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Well they were first years and young as shit. The tone fit for the early films, and they evolved in the right manner to a more serious tone as they got older.

i just dont like the basic way he filmed and especially dont like how fake the world around them looked.

it didnt look lived in at all if that makes sense.

them being young shouldnt mean the film should look like it was shot on a stage at an amusement park.