PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Parsons feels disrespected by DJ situation

Purch
07-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Dallas Mavericks small forward Chandler Parsons, who led the team's recruiting campaign for DeAndre Jordan, described himself as "shocked, very disappointed, frustrated, disrespected" that the big man reneged on his verbal commitment to join the Mavs and re-signed with the Los Angeles Clippers.

"This is something that I've never seen in my career, and I know that it doesn't happen very often," Parsons told ESPN.com on Thursday. "When a man gives you his word and an organization his word, especially when that organization put in so much effort and I walked him through this process and was very, very open and willing to work with him, it's just very unethical and disrespectful."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/13229198/chandler-parsons-feels-disrespected-deandre-jordan-decision-renege-deal-dallas-mavericks

A long article... but Parsons makes a lot of the same points we fans made..

Especilly to the point where he talked about DJ not responding to Marc, and texting Parsons after midnight saying that he hopes they can still be friends.

Legends66NBA7
07-09-2015, 06:52 PM
It's the real world. Shit happens.

MP.Trey
07-09-2015, 06:56 PM
He thought he had a good pump fake.

Knicksfever2010
07-09-2015, 06:59 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/hPYfTikpWuJMd4RaQxrbZ0KZYU0=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2497378/parsonscuban.0.jpg

Cuban to Parsons: "He disrespected me, you and the entire Mavs organization, NOW GO GET HIM!!!!"

HoopologyPhD
07-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Reddick>Parsons

SCdac
07-09-2015, 07:01 PM
wonder if he still thinks DJ is the best center in the league :oldlol:

K Xerxes
07-09-2015, 07:02 PM
It's the real world. Shit happens.

Anyone who spends more than two or three years having to be independent in the real world knows that this shit happens ALL the time. Until there is a legal binding contract, there is NOTHING of real value stopping a renege. It's delusional to think that ethics and 'your word' can stop a man from changing his mind. Maybe they think that they're protected under the national spotlight from this happening, but it's too naive to expect to be safe. Hopefully a lesson learnt for everyone involved that the world isn't a nice place where people are expected to live by their word.

DMAVS41
07-09-2015, 07:03 PM
wonder if he still thinks DJ is the best center in the league :oldlol:

:bowdown:

Purch
07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
"Be a professional. Pick up the phone. If you're not going to meet with him, pick up the phone and tell the guy that you're committed to what you're feeling, what you're going through and maybe he can talk it out and help you. But do not ignore the guy. Do not make him sit there and sweat it out. That's just very unprofessional. I can't get over that part."

Right on the Mark Parsons

knickballer
07-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Anyone who spends more than two or three years having to be independent in the real world knows that this shit happens ALL the time. Until there is a legal binding contract, there is NOTHING of real value stopping a renege. It's delusional to think that ethics and 'your word' can stop a man from changing his mind. Maybe they think that they're protected under the national spotlight from this happening, but it's too naive to expect to be safe. Hopefully a lesson learnt for everyone involved that the world isn't a nice place where people are expected to live by their word.

I think this is a bit different from your average Joe working accepting a $50k/yr job offer from company B after he previously interviewed & accepted a job offer from company A the week before. Higher stakes involved and some of these teams are planning their whole offseason around this move.

I just think it's funny how childish DJ was in the first place. He wanted to leave LA because he felt disrespected CP3 didn't give him a handshake after timeouts? Felt disrespected because coach told him to work on his free throws? DJ sounds like a beta.

L8krH8tr
07-09-2015, 07:09 PM
lol hes getting paid millions stfu and play

dazzer87
07-09-2015, 07:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/13229198/chandler-parsons-feels-disrespected-deandre-jordan-decision-renege-deal-dallas-mavericks

A long article... but Parsons makes a lot of the same points we fans made..

Especilly to the point where he talked about DJ not responding to Marc, and texting Parsons after midnight saying that he hopes they can still be friends.
DJ trolling like a mf..........:roll: :roll: :roll:

Vancouver-Grizz
07-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Well too damn bad. No point on dwelling on this situation. Move on!! Never in a million years would he expects this or seen this? kidd and Hedo.... Hello. Sh!t happens and it is what you do afterwards that defines you. Cuban is gonna go nuts once he catches his breath and make a fool out of himself. Watch it.

Funktion
07-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Code Red his ass then

BlazerRed
07-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Poor guy, he should go bathe in $100 bills and ***** to drown his sorrow.

Sarcastic
07-09-2015, 07:17 PM
I think this is a bit different from your average Joe working accepting a $50k/yr job offer from company B after he previously interviewed & accepted a job offer from company A the week before. Higher stakes involved and some of these teams are planning their whole offseason around this move.

I just think it's funny how childish DJ was in the first place. He wanted to leave LA because he felt disrespected CP3 didn't give him a handshake after timeouts? Felt disrespected because coach told him to work on his free throws? DJ sounds like a beta.

Higher stakes? It's fcking basketball dude. The stakes couldn't be lower.

Did you think Zayn Malik leaving One Direction was a big deal?

PJR
07-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Mad Af, but ether tho

Legends66NBA7
07-09-2015, 07:19 PM

I actually do think it's them thinking they are in heavy spotlight that things like this are foreign to them. It reminds me of the time Gilbert Arenas questioned being arrested for disturbing the peace because he proclaimed that he was a basketball player. Or when Carlos Boozer lied to a blind man about staying in Cleveland because it was his word.

And I agree, hopefully this is a lesson for the Mavericks and the rest of the league. Sign the contract and get it done.

knickballer
07-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Higher stakes? It's fcking basketball dude. The stakes couldn't be lower.

Did you think Zayn Malik leaving One Direction was a big deal?

I understand that it's just basketball but there's million dollars pending on this decision. If DJ stays put then Dallas rebuilds/tanks which means they will trade their players, lose on purpose(dip in attendance, loss revenue, etc) while LA still remains a championship contender. Maybe Dallas says no to the Wes Matthews contract(unlikely) or maybe they go after Hibbert(Which LAL traded for) and it has an effect on the market.

To me I don't give a **** but to these organizations it has an impact(for some of the teams). I know it's not the same impact as lets say some major political figure changing parties or quitting but this decision still has alot of money behind it.

Trollsmasher
07-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Parsons' mistake was thinking that negros are capable of understanding/upholding the concept of honor

Vancouver-Grizz
07-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Maybe Dallas says no to the Wes Matthews contract(unlikely)

But the Matthews contract was offered before they had DJ agree to terms.

DMAVS41
07-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I understand that it's just basketball but there's million dollars pending on this decision. If DJ stays put then Dallas rebuilds/tanks which means they will trade their players, lose on purpose(dip in attendance, loss revenue, etc) while LA still remains a championship contender. Maybe Dallas says no to the Wes Matthews contract(unlikely) or maybe they go after Hibbert(Which LAL traded for) and it has an effect on the market.

To me I don't give a **** but to these organizations it has an impact(for some of the teams). I know it's not the same impact as lets say some major political figure changing parties or quitting but this decision still has alot of money behind it.

We signed Wes before the first DJ decision. Wes's contract was 57 million if DJ comes and 70 million if he didn't.

We could have added Hibbert and gone after other guys though...that part is correct.

But Tyson was already gone and Wes was already signed by the time DJ made his first decision.

And to be honest...it's probably better this way...trying to patch together a team and wasting money is probably the worst option for our team.

BlazerRed
07-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Parsons' mistake was thinking that negros are capable of understanding/upholding the concept of honor
Damn..

knickballer
07-09-2015, 07:53 PM
We signed Wes before the first DJ decision. Wes's contract was 57 million if DJ comes and 70 million if he didn't.

We could have added Hibbert and gone after other guys though...that part is correct.

But Tyson was already gone and Wes was already signed by the time DJ made his first decision.

And to be honest...it's probably better this way...trying to patch together a team and wasting money is probably the worst option for our team.

But wasn't that just an agreement to sign or a promise similar to DJ's as players can't be signed until the 8th? What's stopping Dallas from rescinding their contract to Wes last night after they heard DJ pulled out? Am i missing something here?

DMAVS41
07-09-2015, 07:56 PM
But wasn't that just an agreement to sign or a promise similar to DJ's as players can't be signed until the 8th? What's stopping Dallas from rescinding their contract to Wes last night after they heard DJ pulled out? Am i missing something here?

You are missing a thing called "integrity"...

You don't screw someone else over just because you get screwed over....or at least I would argue that one shouldn't.

We should honor our deal with Wes regardless of what else happens because it's the right thing to do.

SpecialQue
07-09-2015, 07:58 PM
lol @ people saying "get over it" and "move on" when this shit JUST happened last night.

knickballer
07-09-2015, 08:00 PM
[/B]

You are missing a thing called "integrity"...

You don't screw someone else over just because you get screwed over....or at least I would argue that one shouldn't.

We should honor our deal with Wes regardless of what else happens because it's the right thing to do.

I understand that it's extremely unprofessional(not advocating they do it) I was just trying to state that Dallas could theoretically do the same with Wes to prove my point earlier that this decision had big implications to some of the teams.

DMAVS41
07-09-2015, 08:04 PM
I understand that it's extremely unprofessional(not advocating they do it) I was just trying to state that Dallas could theoretically do the same with Wes to prove my point earlier that this decision had big implications to some of the teams.

Yes, but a team doing that would kill their rep....players would not want to go there for years.

A player backing out is a completely different situation.

Think about it...a team makes way more deals and if their integrity is questioned...it's a huge deal.

DJ will what? Maybe sign 2 more contracts for his career? The ramifications for him just don't even register to the damage the Mavs would do the franchise if they went back on their word.

You are right that it's a huge deal...this summer has likely decimated the Mavs for years to come.

There are some scenarios where it's not horrible, but they involve a ton of luck.

bluechox2
07-09-2015, 08:28 PM
cuban said DJ is the next kwame