Per Marc Stein. Not sure how credible this is but we shall see

https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/619392514642948096

uber
07-10-2015, 02:49 AM
Can they just "release" him?

Droid101
07-10-2015, 02:51 AM
Can they just "release" him?
I think his contract can be "stretched" over his remaining years plus 2 seasons to lessen the tax blow, which also releases him.

However, there is no reason for them to do this, because they'd still be over the tax and wouldn't be able to sign a replacement. Trade or nothing in this case I'm thinking.

uber
07-10-2015, 02:55 AM
I think his contract can be "stretched" over his remaining years plus 2 seasons to lessen the tax blow, which also releases him.

However, there is no reason for them to do this, because they'd still be over the tax and wouldn't be able to sign a replacement. Trade or nothing in this case I'm thinking.

alright thanks :cheers:

pastis
07-10-2015, 02:56 AM
damn deron williams. pls bargnani, smith and kevin garnett in addition:lol :lol :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

:cry: :cry: :facepalm :facepalm

SCdac
07-10-2015, 02:59 AM
lol he snubbed the Mavs 3 years ago and now wants in. hopefully he's not a rondo 2.0 for the Mavs, at least Deron can shoot

COnDEMnED
07-10-2015, 03:01 AM
If this happens, things go from bad to worse for the Mavs.

BasedTom
07-10-2015, 03:02 AM
He's truly lost it.

clipps
07-10-2015, 03:06 AM
Haha, now he wants to go to the Mavs after bailing on them 3 years ago. I bet the Mavs will be dumb enough to bring him onboard. I think I'd rather have Rondo at this point.

coin24
07-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Pls mavs do this:lol :lol

Damn Deron fell off hard

JimmyMcAdocious
07-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Damn, Mavs stay winning the offseason :applause:

BlackWhiteGreen
07-10-2015, 03:22 AM
Deron, even in current condition, makes the Mavs good enough to not be a bottom 7 team - win for the Celtics

Nets lose a player for nothing and drop further down the standings - win for Celtics

:applause: if Deron and Joe go then Lopez will be putting up 30 a night (in 50 games)

ShackEelOKneel
07-10-2015, 03:22 AM
Me from 7 years ago is excited about this.

Fallen Angel
07-10-2015, 03:35 AM
Deron Williams
Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Zaza Pachulia

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/62529108.jpg

BasedTom
07-10-2015, 03:37 AM
deron williams is honestly depressing to think about

like those commercials with the dying animals

34-24 Footwork
07-10-2015, 03:59 AM
In before 4 years for $60 million.

Cuban is quite the retard...

Bernkastel
07-10-2015, 07:57 AM
If they want to make a trade then sure.

MrC1991
07-10-2015, 08:06 AM
I lived in Champaign, IL for years and I went to most of the University of Illinois games and Deron Williams was pretty damn good there and then he goes to the Jazz and goes back and forth with CP3, Nash about being the best PG in the game.....and now were here to this D Will....did he get his basketball ability taken away like in space jam? Its amazing.

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 08:10 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Deron-Williams-Eating-Wendys-and-Smiling.gif

UK2K
07-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Id take him on the Rockets if he wanted to play for scraps.

UK2K
07-10-2015, 08:12 AM
I lived in Champaign, IL for years and I went to most of the University of Illinois games and Deron Williams was pretty damn good there and then he goes to the Jazz and goes back and forth with CP3, Nash about being the best PG in the game.....and now were here to this D Will....did he get his basketball ability taken away like in space jam? Its amazing.

Dude was legit in college.

I believe the Illini beat UL that year in the tournament correct? Or the other way around.

I remember watching the game. Dont remember who won.

MrC1991
07-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Dude was legit in college.

I believe the Illini beat UL that year in the tournament correct? Or the other way around.

I remember watching the game. Dont remember who won.

Yeah they beat UL and ended up losing to UNC in the tourny final.

pastis
07-10-2015, 08:55 AM
he had the chance to team up with Dirk in 2012, where Dirk was still verry impressive and with deron they could have had a legit shot, looking how damns close these 4 games against goatbrook, harden and durant were.... and now he wanna join us? what a career fvcking loser

niko
07-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Media seems to think Deron gets released and the Nets suddenly have tons of cap space next year. Is he declining his option?

Derka
07-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Are you there, God? It's me, Derka.

I know you have a raging fun boner for cursing the Celtics with shit luck (you popped Russell in racist-as-f*ck 1950s/1960s Boston, you destroyed Larry's back, drafted Len Bias and Reggie Lewis, kept Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant away from us and YOU SENT US RICK PITINO AND YES IM STILL PISSED AT YOU FOR THAT)...and far be it for me to want to take your fun away from you. But maybe, just this once, we wonder if you could see it in your heart to break something our way? Please?

Deron Williams leaving the Nets just makes that 2016 unprotected first round pick of theirs...pretty f*cking sweet. We could really use that pick, Lord.

After all...there's an NBA franchise in Canada that I'm sure you could have a ton of fun f*cking with! Hell, Canadians are the nicest people ever...they'll take their shit luck, thank you for it and then invite you over for poutine afterwards! They won't even be mad!

Please, Lord. Throw us a bone here. I'll let you off the hook for the Pitino thing. I pinky swear AND spit swear.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Deron, even in current condition, makes the Mavs good enough to not be a bottom 7 team - win for the Celtics

Nets lose a player for nothing and drop further down the standings - win for Celtics

:applause: if Deron and Joe go then Lopez will be putting up 30 a night (in 50 games)

Did you see his numbers last year? He averaged 13 and 7 on 39% from the field in 68 games. I think if the Mavs get him it would actually help the tanking mentality not hurt it. Deron is more name than game at this point.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-10-2015, 09:30 AM

I know you have a raging fun boner for cursing the Celtics with shit luck (you popped Russell in racist-as-f*ck 1950s/1960s Boston, you destroyed Larry's back, drafted Len Bias and Reggie Lewis, kept Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant away from us and YOU SENT US RICK PITINO AND YES IM STILL PISSED AT YOU FOR THAT)...and far be it for me to want to take your fun away from you. But maybe, just this once, we wonder if you could see it in your heart to break something our way? Please?

Deron Williams leaving the Nets just makes that 2016 unprotected first round pick of theirs...pretty f*cking sweet. We could really use that pick, Lord.

After all...there's an NBA franchise in Canada that I'm sure you could have a ton of fun f*cking with! Hell, Canadians are the nicest people ever...they'll take their shit luck, thank you for it and then invite you over for poutine afterwards! They won't even be mad!

Please, Lord. Throw us a bone here. I'll let you off the hook for the Pitino thing. I pinky swear AND spit swear.

If you don't want the Mavs to tank then you want the Mavs to not sign Deron Williams.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Did you see his numbers last year? He averaged 13 and 7 on 39% from the field in 68 games. I think if the Mavs get him it would actually help the tanking mentality not hurt it. Deron is more name than game at this point.

Rather than who, f*cking Devin Harris? I'm still taking D Will, even in this shell of himself.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 09:37 AM
If you don't want the Mavs to tank then you want the Mavs to not sign Deron Williams.

You know what. This could be true.

But the Mavs aren't thinking like that at all. They are trying to be good next year....not bad.

And you know that....and it's just another reason why this front office has been a ****ing joke for over a decade now.

If you think they added Zaza and now are looking to add Deron Williams in an effort to tank....you are wrong. Simple as that.

And you never know...Deron might actually try hard. His ceiling is definitely higher than some random guard we'd sign.

Like almost every Mavs move of the last couple years...this makes almost no sense and has a horrible downside.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Rather than who, f*cking Devin Harris? I'm still taking D Will, even in this shell of himself.

Devin averaged 8 and 3 on 42% last year in 22 minutes. Deron was much better last year if you look beyond the PPG and APG. I am not going to pull up all the other stats... but go look at them.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-10-2015, 09:41 AM
You know what. This could be true.

But the Mavs aren't thinking like that at all. They are trying to be good next year....not bad.

And you know that....and it's just another reason why this front office has been a ****ing joke for over a decade now.

If you think they added Zaza and now are looking to add Deron Williams in an effort to tank....you are wrong. Simple as that.

And you never know...Deron might actually try hard this year in a contract year and be good. His ceiling is definitely higher than some random guard we'd sign.

Like almost every Mavs move of the last couple years...this makes almost no sense and has a horrible downside.

Deron is done. As for the Mavs, it makes perfect sense. It aint helping the future contractually, and it isn't helping in the short term based on wins.

It is the ultimate **meh** signing.

DMavs, you have to realize that the Mavs **have** to sign players to meet the required number on the roster.

bobopenguin
07-10-2015, 09:42 AM
What a mad disrespect for Deron in this place.
He still got it, and if he's in mavs, he will elongates dirks career.
The dude is still legit if he sets his mind straight, plus, mavs is still a very discipline team, just look how they sat Rondo during playoff.
Mavs and Deron can revitalize each other.

wang4three
07-10-2015, 09:56 AM
As a Nets fan, I'm upset at this..as an Illini fan, this may actually be very good for Deron. He just never really got used to the spotlight in Brooklyn. I think going back home and to a place he's familiar with will be better for him. He can regain his confidence, find his game again, and still be a 16/8 type player.

BlazerRed
07-10-2015, 09:58 AM

:oldlol:

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 09:58 AM
Deron is done. As for the Mavs, it makes perfect sense. It aint helping the future contractually, and it isn't helping in the short term based on wins.

It is the ultimate **meh** signing.

DMavs, you have to realize that the Mavs **have** to sign players to meet the required number on the roster.

And you have to realize that you don't sign veteran players that have no future on the team and "could" help you win more games than a young/raw prospect.

You have to realize that Adding guys like Deron and Zaza to this team has the potential to add way more wins than running with 2 young prospects instead and giving Anderson/Evans tons of burn.

If you think the Mavericks are legit trying to get the number 1 pick and these two moves are indications of that...you have lost your mind. Truly...have have lost it.

Now, like I said, it might still work out, but that isn't the plan....and you know it...you just simply will support anything they do now because you are so dug in and try to bend reality to your crazy narrative at this point.

It's a disaster....it's the worst case scenario anyone could have imagined. All for the chance to chase DeAndre Jordan and overpay Wes Matthews....with no semblance of a NBA contending roster outside of that.

It was a terrible plan with no safety net...and like most terrible plans...it failed miserably.

Deron/Wes/Parsons/Dirk/Zaza...with Harris/Barea/Jefferson/Charlie V...and maybe another player or two we pull out of a hat? That roster can get you like 35 to 40 wins...and that would be the biggest disaster of it all.

If we were tanking we wouldn't sign guys like that...and we'd trade Rick Carlisle.

If we trade Rick Carlisle...then I'll listen to your theory. That would be a smart franchise decision if we really are going all in for a rebuild. But we clearly aren't...so we won't do that.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Locked...

Do you realize that we would get Deron via a buyout if this were to happen? That means we don't use much of our cap on him iirc. (I'm not positive on this and if someone knows details...please provide)

But from what I can gather. He'd get bought out...and then join us. I don't think we'd use much of our cap on him. Which means we'd still go out and add other players.

This is absolutely a sign that the Mavs are NOT trying to tank. I'm not sure how you can't see this.

It was obvious with the Zaza thing last night...now it's even more obvious.

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Cuban went full retard.

They should start an all white team, would be fun.

Barea
Jimmer
Parsons
Dirk
Zaza

pastis
07-10-2015, 10:16 AM
@dmavvs: Dirk doesnt wanna tank. so, as long as dirk has a contract ( so at least until next year, cause player option), Cuban will compete for the 8th spot, despite the fact that its impossible with such a roster in this WC. dirk is gonna try no matter what. HE said it quite often: he always wants to compete. there is no tanking with him on board

thats a paradoxical and ironic situation, because with such a roster you are tanking, but not on full tank mode. so you are hurting you futre as a franchise? dunno

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-10-2015, 10:19 AM
And you have to realize that you don't sign veteran players that have no future on the team and "could" help you win more games than a young/raw prospect.

You have to realize that Adding guys like Deron and Zaza to this team has the potential to add way more wins than running with 2 young prospects instead and giving Anderson/Evans tons of burn.

If you think the Mavericks are legit trying to get the number 1 pick and these two moves are indications of that...you have lost your mind. Truly...have have lost it.

Now, like I said, it might still work out, but that isn't the plan....and you know it...you just simply will support anything they do now because you are so dug in and try to bend reality to your crazy narrative at this point.

It's a disaster....it's the worst case scenario anyone could have imagined. All for the chance to chase DeAndre Jordan and overpay Wes Matthews....with no semblance of a NBA contending roster outside of that.

It was a terrible plan with no safety net...and like most terrible plans...it failed miserably.

Deron/Wes/Parsons/Dirk/Zaza...with Harris/Barea/Jefferson/Charlie V...and maybe another player or two we pull out of a hat? That roster can get you like 35 to 40 wins...and that would be the biggest disaster of it all.

If we were tanking we wouldn't sign guys like that...and we'd trade Rick Carlisle.

If we trade Rick Carlisle...then I'll listen to your theory. That would be a smart franchise decision if we really are going all in for a rebuild. But we clearly aren't...so we won't do that.

Um, the Mavs verbally agreed to Barea/CV/Jefferson before Deandre. They kept their word.

The Mavs are in tank mode. Signing a washed up point guard and a center (in which they have **none** on the roster doesn't change that.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 10:19 AM
@dmavvs: Dirk doesnt wanna tank. so, as long as dirk has a contract ( so at least until next year, cause player option), Cuban will compete for the 8th spot, despite the fact that its impossible with such a roster in this WC. dirk is gonna try no matter what. HE said it quite often that he always wants to compete and to play the playoffs. not tanking with him.

Yea...and if Dirk says that...then you really do have to honor that. I feel like convincing him to just take a step back this year and get rest/fully healthy and come back to a much better team next summer makes more sense...and I think Dirk would be open to that.

But if not..then don't tank..we owe Dirk.

But I don't want to hear that these moves are evidence of tanking. Just not true....Locked has lost his mind.

Also, your post speaks exactly to why I've been against these high risk moves the last 2 years. We had a really good basis for a team in 14...it was only getting better in 15 with the right moves...and it was only getting back this year with the right moves.

You want to do Dirk right the last years of his career? Don't ****ing gamble on Wes, Parsons on a terrible contract, and DJ...where the best case scenario is marginally better, if at all, than bringing back a team you know is going to win 55 games if healthy.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Um, the Mavs verbally agreed to Barea/CV/Jefferson before Deandre. They kept their word.

The Mavs are in tank mode. Signing a washed up point guard and a center (in which they have **none** on the roster doesn't change that.

I know they had those guys already. I was just listing them as real players.

This team isn't in tank mode if it's adding Zaza and looking to add Deron Williams...and will look to add more.

Just ****ing stop it. Please...you have lost your mind.

It may work because they are so incompetent, but they are absolutely not trying to tank...that is beyond obvious at this point.

pastis
07-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Yea...and if Dirk says that...then you really do have to honor that. I feel like convincing him to just take a step back this year and get rest/fully healthy and come back to a much better team next summer makes more sense...and I think Dirk would be open to that.

But if not..then don't tank..we owe Dirk.

But I don't want to hear that these moves are evidence of tanking. Just not true....Locked has lost his mind.

Also, your post speaks exactly to why I've been against these high risk moves the last 2 years. We had a really good basis for a team in 14...it was only getting better in 15 with the right moves...and it was only getting back this year with the right moves.

You want to do Dirk right the last years of his career? Don't ****ing gamble on Wes, Parsons on a terrible contract, and DJ...where the best case scenario is marginally better, if at all, than bringing back a team you know is going to win 55 games if healthy.

the reasons for this disaster are way in the past. now the bad trades/moves/signings come to fruition. watching Dirks last interview on german (Buschi-) TV a few weeks ago, it seems that Dirk had such an huge expectation going in this summer..... i really dont now if he has the force to fvck this year around AND taking a legit last shot next year. nahhh....not with 38

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 10:29 AM
the reasons for this disaster are way in the past. now the bad trades/moves/signings come to fruition. watching Dirks last interview on german (Buschi-) TV a few weeks ago, it seems that Dirk had such a huge expectation to this summer..... i really dont now if he has the force to fvck this year around AND taking a legit last shot next year. nahhh....not with 38

Yea...it sucks no doubt.

It all depends if he wants to play beyond this year. With a real team...Dirk would have opted out after this comings season and then signed another 2+1...and it would have been great to watch him go out playing on 50 to 55 win teams with the chance to make a run at some point....including this coming season.

If Dirk is done after this year? Then we need to do everything we can to put a decent team out there and fight like hell all season for every win. Send our pick to the Celtics....let that **** Parsons leave in free agency...and start fresh.

I'm fine with that if that is what Dirk wants. I just was really hoping he'd play at least 2 more years after this coming season. But that takes a real team...and we likely won't have one going down this path.

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 10:39 AM
watching Dirks last interview on german (Buschi-) TV a few weeks ago, it seems that Dirk had such an huge expectation going in this summer.....

"Dirk, your team lost in the first round again, you need more help. Where do you need help the most?"

Dirk" Every position"

:roll:

UK2K
07-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Yeah they beat UL and ended up losing to UNC in the tourny final.

They had another dude on their team who was a baller too. Dee Brown? I think thats who Im thinking of.

Derka
07-10-2015, 11:09 AM

I don't care what the Mavs do. I want the Brooklyn Nets to be as bad as humanly possible.

wang4three
07-10-2015, 11:09 AM
They had another dude on their team who was a baller too. Dee Brown? I think thats who Im thinking of.

Luther Head had a more successful NBA career, but Dee was great too.

Technically, we should be the Champs that year since UNC admitted to academic fraud (Rashad McCants specifically).

UK2K
07-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Luther Head had a more successful NBA career, but Dee was great too.

Technically, we should be the Champs that year since UNC admitted to academic fraud (Rashad McCants specifically).

Yep I remember him too. I just remember Dee Brown because I think he played pretty well during the tournament. His name sticks out to me for some reason. IIRC, he was a bomber from deep.

Technically, since literally none of UNC's players were even legitimately enrolled in college, Illinois should be given the title.

MrC1991
07-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Dee Brown and Luther Head were ballers on that Illinois squad. James Augustine wasn't too bad either.

Shade8780
07-10-2015, 11:37 AM

This Brooklyn pick is gold :banana:

UK2K
07-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Dee Brown and Luther Head were ballers on that Illinois squad. James Augustine wasn't too bad either.

Oh my god its all coming back to me :lol

CarlosBoozer
07-10-2015, 11:43 AM
If mavs get deron + booze

Think about it...

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 11:49 AM
If mavs get deron + booze

Think about it...

Just talking to a friend at breakfast this am about this.

I bet it's a done deal already...if we get Deron...Boozer is coming.

Sick thing is...it actually makes sense going down this clear cut non tanking path.

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 11:51 AM

Sick thing is...it actually makes sense going down this clear cut non tanking path.

No it does not, Cuban is on his way to make the Mavericks the laughing stock they were in the 90s.

Bad decision after bad decision, when Dirk retires this franchise is doomed for at least 5 years.

CarlosBoozer
07-10-2015, 11:55 AM

People thought Mavs were going to tank this year, this deal has indeed opened a new path, a bright path, the only path to greatness, we'll be the dark horse if this goes through.

Let the new era usher in!

http://www.nba.com/media/video/preview07_377_uta.jpg

pastis
07-10-2015, 12:00 PM
boozer? why not bargnani? or reactivate Erika Dampier. Lets do everything for a legit shot.give Amare a 5 year 145 mio dollar contract. lets do it now

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 12:10 PM
boozer? why not bargnani? or reactivate Erika Dampier. Lets do everything for a legit shot.give Amare a 5 year 145 mio dollar contract. lets do it now

don't put it past them man. depending on how much money Deron nets in the buyout...he could sign real cheap with us. then boozer signs cheap.

then we'd still have cap room to make some other signing and or trade. Could definitely see us do the above and then give away more future assets for a year rental of wilson chandler or someone similar.

pastis
07-10-2015, 12:14 PM
don't put it past them man. depending on how much money Deron nets in the buyout...he could sign real cheap with us. then boozer signs cheap.

then we'd still have cap room to make some other signing and or trade. Could definitely see us do the above and then give away more future assets for a year rental of wilson chandler or someone similar.

boozer is someone who needs his minutes to be productive on the offense (on defense he is not existent).
but i hardly see boozer getting more than 10-12 min. so he will just be a garbage bin on the court. i wanna see charlie V more minutes and Powell. especially powell. wanna see how he developps. the first few games form him were pretty solid, then he declined already. hopefully he will have a hard summer, training and gaining muscles etc.

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 12:17 PM
There was only one rational way of handling the DJ situation.

Trade Rick Carlislse for a first round pick.

Parson and Matthews are not playing a single game next season because of "injuries".

Dirk plays the EuroBaskets he rest after that till mid December, then he can shoot 25 times a game to climb up the alltime ladder.

Develop Anderson and Evans, they can play for 30 minutes every game.

Try to lose as much as possible, get that top 5 pick.

Next year, start Wes and give him the ball every posession, maybe he averages 20 ppg this way, trade him aswell for a nr 1 pick .

Rebuild.

Now you have one huge cluster**** with Deron, Zaza, Boozer? :wtf:

pastis
07-10-2015, 12:19 PM
There was only one rational way of handling the DJ situation.

Trade Rick Carlislse for a first round pick.

Parson and Matthews are not playing a single game next season because of "injuries".

Dirk plays the EuroBaskets he rest after that till mid December, then he can shoot 25 times a game to climb up the alltime ladder.

Develop Anderson and Evans, they can play for 30 minutes every game.

Try to lose as much as possible, get that top 5 pick.

Next year, start Wes and give him the ball every posession, maybe he averages 20 ppg this way, trade him aswell for a nr 1 pick .

Rebuild.

Now you have one huge cluster**** with Deron, Zaza, Boozer? :wtf:

dude, you are just too logical and intelligent. we are talking about cubans and donnies basketball iq. so no. overpaying scrub is the motto:rockon:

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 12:20 PM
boozer is someone who needs his minutes to be productive on the offense (on defense he is not existent).
but i hardly see boozer getting more than 10-12 min. so he will just be a garbage bin on the court. i wanna see charlie V more minutes and Powell. especially powell. wanna see how he developps. the first few games form him were pretty solid, then he declined already. hopefully he will have a hard summer, training and gaining muscles etc.

The problem is...if you don't tank...which we clearly aren't if this Deron shit happens...

Then you aren't going to give your young guys enough burn. We aren't playing Anderson, Powell, and Evans much at all if we are trying to win games. It's as simple as that.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 12:20 PM
dude, you are just too logical and intelligent. we are talking about cubans and donnies basketball iq. so no. overpaying scrub is the motto:rockon:

:cheers:

niko
07-10-2015, 12:21 PM
I apologize for this Mavs fans. Apparently Deron will receive (from Dallas) and offer that offsets the $15M or so he'll give up to Brooklyn. So he will get about $5-6 a year for several years. :lol Windhorst has heard that.

UK2K
07-10-2015, 12:22 PM
The problem is...if you don't tank...which we clearly aren't if this Deron shit happens...

Then you aren't going to give your young guys enough burn. We aren't playing Anderson, Powell, and Evans much at all if we are trying to win games. It's as simple as that.

IMO, if you aren't one of the 8 or so teams that realistically have a shot at making a conference finals, you should be building towards the future.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 12:27 PM
IMO, if you aren't one of the 8 or so teams that realistically have a shot at making a conference finals, you should be building towards the future.

Of course. With some caveats of course with injuries and aging players.

Like...the 14 Mavs shouldn't have been rebuilding just because they probably couldn't win it all given their roster makeup.

But generally it's better to be looking towards the future rather than being a first round exit.

A perfect example of this is Hinkie trading Jrue Holiday. One of the best trades in recent memory.

It all depends on the goals of the franchise at the time and the makeup of the roster.

And what people seem incapable to grasp...is that you can build toward the future and develop young guys while also still being bad.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 12:29 PM
I apologize for this Mavs fans. Apparently Deron will receive (from Dallas) and offer that offsets the $15M or so he'll give up to Brooklyn. So he will get about $5-6 a year for several years. :lol Windhorst has heard that.

That is about what I expected.

Maybe a 2 year 10 million dollar deal with a player option for year 3. Something like that.

Hilarious....bring on Boozer. Then trade for Wilson Chandler....

:facepalm

CarlosBoozer
07-10-2015, 12:30 PM
fvck

ShackEelOKneel
07-10-2015, 12:33 PM
If Deron wants this so much, he should leave the remaining money on his contract. It is BS to force your way out of a contract and still expect to be paid.

pastis
07-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Ellis is rolling on the floor laughing

he is like :kobe:

and then :yaohappy:

GIF REACTION
07-10-2015, 12:37 PM
If Deron wants this so much, he should leave the remaining money on his contract. It is BS to force your way out of a contract and still expect to be paid.
Yeah no

Vancouver-Grizz
07-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Don't see this happening UNLESS Deron is leaving a huge amount of money on the table. Brooklyn is not going to pay him one of the top 10 salaries in the league so he can play somewhere else.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Don't see this happening UNLESS Deron is leaving a huge amount of money on the table. Brooklyn is not going to pay him one of the top 10 salaries in the league so he can play somewhere else.

he's getting bought out...it will save them millions in tax at the right number. And then they can stretch his buyout over the next 5 years if I remember the rules correctly.

the tax savings alone make this well worth it for the Nets.

imnew09
07-10-2015, 12:45 PM
How many more Ls are daLLss taking? :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Keep that nr 13 pick.

Draft Schroeder (Dirk said in an interview he wanted him, but they moved the pick down for salary :facepalm )

Keep Crowder

You could have paid Aminu

Schroeder
Anderson
Crowder
Aminu

ShackEelOKneel
07-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Yeah no

It is essentially quitting your job. Nobody should get paid after quitting.

Shade8780
07-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Link?

Pointguard
07-10-2015, 01:58 PM
For the Nets... Deron made the team worse. He was a pointless guard.

dazzer87
07-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Guess Dallas is ready for tank mode now!!!!!!!! :rockon:

niko
07-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Link?
It's what Windhorst heard. It's not confirmed. I'm not looking for a link because you think I'm making up what i heard him say on ESPN today.

Heavincent
07-10-2015, 03:18 PM
It's what Windhorst heard. It's not confirmed. I'm not looking for a link because you think I'm making up what i heard him say on ESPN today.

That fat **** isn't exactly a reliable source.

Not that it matters. Deron is a bum.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 03:32 PM

If they buy him out for 30 million and stretch it over 5 years...which seems like something in the range of what is expected.

That means if he got 6.5 million a year for two years from the Mavs...he'd make the exact same amount.

I'm assuming he'd be willing to take a bit less than that just to get out of that situation with the Mavs.

So something like 5 million a year for 2 years seems likely.

LOL...who cares really though...this whole thing is a joke.

CryinInTheCar
07-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Stefan Bondy

@SBondyNYDN

Around AS break, sources say Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from going after Hollins during a meeting to air out grievances.

bluechox2
07-10-2015, 04:13 PM
mavs should be able to absorb his contract istead of williams ****ing nets over again by eating his contract just cuause hes giving up on the nets

wang4three
07-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Stefan Bondy

@SBondyNYDN

Around AS break, sources say Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from going after Hollins during a meeting to air out grievances.

I imagine Deron's camp probably leaked out the seeking of a buyout and then the Nets camp leaked this out to get Deron to take a lower buyout than he's willing to.

This may get ugly fast...

That said, Lionel all throughout that first round with the Hawks defended Deron and his poor play. Especially after Game 2, Lionel was telling reporters to back off.

If this is true, maybe Lionel is at fault for inciting Deron. I know Deron has a past of not getting along with his coaches, but could it be that Lionel went a bit too far at some point?

bluechox2
07-10-2015, 04:30 PM
williams for MCW and fillers...kidd knows how to handle his friend

Fallen Angel
07-10-2015, 05:05 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/acf4428c0afe4b6bff956538b97e84ab.png

Fallen Angel
07-10-2015, 05:05 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/842338ddeba37e604267f79fd451eb5f.png

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 05:14 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/Nm3mS4RKOhteg/giphy.gif

Bernkastel
07-10-2015, 05:21 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif

Brokenbeat
07-10-2015, 05:24 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/Nm3mS4RKOhteg/giphy.gif

:oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
07-10-2015, 05:31 PM
I imagine Deron's camp probably leaked out the seeking of a buyout and then the Nets camp leaked this out to get Deron to take a lower buyout than he's willing to.

This may get ugly fast...

That said, Lionel all throughout that first round with the Hawks defended Deron and his poor play. Especially after Game 2, Lionel was telling reporters to back off.

If this is true, maybe Lionel is at fault for inciting Deron. I know Deron has a past of not getting along with his coaches, but could it be that Lionel went a bit too far at some point?

I'm sure it's a mix of both but Deron certainly deserves his 'coach killer' rep at this point :oldlol:

pastis
07-14-2015, 03:24 PM
damn... still not signed :lol :lol

will d-will "deandre" the mavs?

Aussie Dunker
07-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Can't help but to think that if healthy, the following team:

C - Jordan
PF - Dirk
SF - Parsons
SG - Wes
PG - Deron

Would have a chance to do some serious damage come playoffs.

Now, unfortunately, will be fighting for a #8 seed

outbreak
07-14-2015, 07:21 PM
afew years too late. If he'd gone to the mavs afew years back they would have had Deron, Dirk and Dwight