PDA

View Full Version : Pacers draft picks looking nice so far.

bdreason
07-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Joe Young and Myles Turner doing work in Summer League.

I know, I know, it's only Summer League.

AirTupac
07-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Summer league

bluechox2
07-10-2015, 04:17 PM
league in the summer

Lakers Fan
07-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Myles Turner at 2:40 :oldlol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBd33aOcT1M

Lebron23
07-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Myles Turner looks like a young Jermaine O'Neal.

KNOW1EDGE
07-10-2015, 05:45 PM
I heard his name but never seen Turner play until summer league. Dude has def shown up and looks like a great, great pick by the Pacers.

And living in Oregon I go to watch a ton of Joe Young, he can really play, don't know how his game will transfer to the league but I like him as a player and think it was a solid pick.

Fallen Angel
07-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Myles Turner always had great skills, but for some reason his coach at Texas (who is now fired) never played him significantly. His stock dropped because of his role at Texas and it was hard for him to rise his stock while competing for attention against Kristaps Porzingis and Frank Kaminsky.

Lebron23
07-10-2015, 05:52 PM
I heard his name but never seen Turner play until summer league. Dude has def shown up and looks like a great, great pick by the Pacers.

And living in Oregon I go to watch a ton of Joe Young, he can really play, don't know how his game will transfer to the league but I like him as a player and think it was a solid pick.

Myles Turner always had great skills, but for some reason his coach at Texas (who is now fired) never played him significantly. His stock dropped because of his role at Texas and it was hard for him to rise his stock while competing for attention against Kristaps Porzingis and Frank Kaminsky.

I can see him as a Dark horse Candidate for Rookie of the Year. I was very impressed with his performance in the Summer League. He's already NBA Ready.

Levity
07-10-2015, 06:02 PM
For a big man, Turner moves around the court pretty damn good. One poster said something along the lines of Turner's legs being two different lengths, which is known to cause problems in an NBA career, thus why he dropped a bit in the draft. Anyone know this to be true?

mentallooser
07-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Another Jermaine O'Neal would be mighty fine....mighty fine indeed!

Fallen Angel
07-10-2015, 07:22 PM
For a big man, Turner moves around the court pretty damn good. One poster said something along the lines of Turner's legs being two different lengths, which is known to cause problems in an NBA career, thus why he dropped a bit in the draft. Anyone know this to be true?
I never heard of that story, but I can't confirm it to be 100% false because I really wasn't on the Myles Turner rumor train during the buildup to the draft. The consensus of why his stock fell was because he didn't get as much prime time exposure as you'd expect a lottery pick would get.

NuggetsFan
07-10-2015, 07:30 PM

Not 100% positive but I think it was more about his running style. His legs are the same size but he ran really awkwardly for his size and people were worried about that in the future. Pretty sure he hired somebody before the draft to help him correct it.

Turner has potential. Indy getting him at 11 is a solid pick.

hawksdogsbraves
07-10-2015, 07:44 PM
I swear I read an article talking about how his legs were slightly different lengths and that was why he had an awkward running style which scouts worried would lead to leg problems. It talked about how Greg Oden had a similar issue. Can't find any word of it online now, so I might be crazy.

Scouts for sure were always worried about his running style though, and the worry that it signified some sort of stiffness or impending knee issue is one of the reasons he dropped from being a top 5 prospect pre-season to being out of the lottery in a lot of drafts. He also probably wasn't helped by Rick Barnes' dumb ass.

Anyway apparently his pre-draft workouts and physicals assuaged a lot of those fears because he still went (near) top 10 and looks good in summer league so maybe he'll end up being a big time steal. He's not a great athlete but if his upside is Greg Monroe with three point range that looks pretty damned good.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Watched a lot of Young and, imo, he plays 8-10+ years in the NBA. He'll never start (or, rather, be someone you want starting), but the guy can shoot and he can score at a really impressive rate.

Everyone keeps saying he needs to improve his PG skills, but he's never going to be Steph Curry or even like Augustin. All he needs to do is pick up his defense a bit and focus on being that instant offense kind of 6th/7th man. Reminds me a bit of Isaiah Thomas. Obvious shortcomings as prospects with undeniable ability.

Lebron23
07-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Bird stays winning.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/Larrybird.jpg

NBAplayoffs2001
07-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Myles Turner looks like a young Jermaine O'Neal.

Damn. Didn't think of that. I actually agree with this :applause:. Looks a little more developed than Jermaine O'Neal in the first year or so. Jermaine O'Neal was a bench warmer and once he got playing time, he had some really good years. Under appreciated big from the early 2000s.

mentallooser
07-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Damn. Didn't think of that. I actually agree with this :applause:. Looks a little more developed than Jermaine O'Neal in the first year or so. Jermaine O'Neal was a bench warmer and once he got playing time, he had some really good years. Under appreciated big from the early 2000s.

He was arguably the 3rd best PF in the league when Garnett and Duncan were in their prime at number 1 and 2. Not even being a homer. He was impressive. Was sad to see his career wreck.