PDA

View Full Version : Report: The Nets and Deron Williams have reached a buyout agreement

Shade8780
07-10-2015, 05:04 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 3m3 minutes ago

The Nets and Deron Williams have reached a buyout agreement, per source.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/619611740104445952

YESSSS!! Brooklyn handing us that top 5 lottery pick next year :banana:

Shade8780
07-10-2015, 05:05 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 34s35 seconds ago

The agreement will clear the way, once Williams goes thru waivers, for him to sign with his hometown Mavericks, who need a starting PG.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/619613035611705344

GIF REACTION
07-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Dallas ****ing Mavericks. Worst Pro sports franchise. Mark Cuban gon' Mark Cuban. Laughing stock of the League.

Shade8780
07-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 7m7 minutes ago

ESPN sources say Deron Williams is expected to sign a two-year deal with Dallas in the $10 million range once he hits the open market

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/619613042628653056

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6s6 seconds ago

As part of his buyout arrangement w/Nets, Deron Williams expected to get in the $25-to-$30 million range and then add Mavs deal on top of it

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/619614949715750912

SwishSquared
07-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Are the Nets going to stretch out the buyout (a la Sanders) or are they going to have it hit the books the next 2 seasons?

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-10-2015, 05:20 PM
I guess I should say YAY! or whatever.

Someone start the championship cruise. Better yet, showing a pic of the Titanic.

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 05:20 PM
https://swishgeneration.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/tumblr_mjvevjtzqj1rlijh0o1_500.jpg

Ariza4three
07-10-2015, 05:21 PM
https://swishgeneration.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/tumblr_mjvevjtzqj1rlijh0o1_500.jpg

Awesome shirt :applause:

pastis
07-10-2015, 05:27 PM

haha

even better than the "moam moam moam" gif :applause: :applause:

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 05:28 PM
I guess I should say YAY! or whatever.

Someone start the championship cruise. Better yet, showing a pic of the Titanic.

Once again.

You have lost your mind if you think this is part of a plan to tank...just lost your damn mind.

imdaman99
07-10-2015, 05:29 PM
If you guys thought Rondo was bad... welcome in mr 0 points in a playoff game and underachiever Deron Williams. He won't fight the coach, he'll just want no part of any responsibilities of leadership.

pastis
07-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Once again.

You have lost your mind if you think this is part of a plan to tank...just lost your damn mind.

exactly, cuban is scraping up half-trash on the market, so that Dirk can at least try to fight for the 8th spot.
but its ridiculous, no chance at all. i see us at best at rank 10. at best. i have even the wolves better than us. in fact, i dont see any franchise who is worse than the mavs....maybe the jazz...

but in fact locked-up-tonight ist right: the result will be nearly the same as going full tank mode

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 05:34 PM
exactly, cuban is scraping up half-trash on the market, so that Dirk can at least try to fight for the 8th spot.
but its ridiculous, no chance at all. i see us at best at rank 10. at best. i have even the wolves better than us. in fact, i dont see any franchise who is worse than the mavs....maybe the jazz...

What? The Jazz are really good, they were the best defensive team last year with Gobert in the starting lineup.

The only teams that are maybe worse than us in the west are Portland and the Lakers if Kobe is still injured.

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/jazzdefense_1152.jpg?w=694

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 05:37 PM

The Jazz? They will be strong this year imo.

The Blazers will be worse than us now.

Lakers could be worse than us as well if we are healthy. I mean....Wes/Parsons/Dirk...even surrounded by garbage is worth like 35 wins minimum if they are healthy.

I'm done...put me on ice

This is just comedy from here on in. Trying to support what Mark and Nellie Jr. have done since 11 now is impossible. It's been one disaster after another...and before then? It wasn't any better...they just had that "big/tall German guy" to quote Mark Cuban...to bail them out every year.

If Dirk wants to hang in Big D through this...great, but at least trade Carlisle and let that guy use his talents elsewhere after this thing inevitably blows up in our faces half way through the year.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Boozer to Dallas news...followed up by a trade for one of the Nuggets guys.

"Can't Wait"

pastis
07-10-2015, 05:37 PM
What? The Jazz are really good, they were the best defensive team last year with Gobert in the starting lineup.

The only teams that are maybe worse than us in the west are Portland and the Lakers if Kobe is still injured.

ah yea there is portland. forgot about them:lol

yea lakers will be better with their 2 top prospects and kobe dropping like 22 at least a game. all depends on kobe.

Lebron23
07-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Deron owed his NBA Career to Jerry Sloan. Sloan and his pick and roll system turned him into a top 2 point guard during his prime.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 05:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/boozerderon_300_071108.jpg

“Yesterday’s gone and we can’t get it back.”

Or can we?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Carlos-Boozer-Open-Mouth-Shock-Reaction-Chicago-Bulls.gif

pastis
07-10-2015, 05:48 PM
The Jazz? They will be strong this year imo.

The Blazers will be worse than us now.

Lakers could be worse than us as well if we are healthy. I mean....Wes/Parsons/Dirk...even surrounded by garbage is worth like 35 wins minimum if they are healthy.

I'm done...put me on ice

This is just comedy from here on in. Trying to support what Mark and Nellie Jr. have done since 11 now is impossible. It's been one disaster after another...and before then? It wasn't any better...they just had that "big/tall German guy" to quote Mark Cuban...to bail them out every year.

If Dirk wants to hang in Big D through this...great, but at least trade Carlisle and let that guy use his talents elsewhere after this thing inevitably blows up in our faces half way through the year.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Boozer to Dallas news...followed up by a trade for one of the Nuggets guys.

"Can't Wait"

yea i dont think that in the WC there will be much gap between last place and rank 9. nearly every bottom team in the WC will have their 30-35 wins
Trade Carlise for a 1st rounder. cant believe carlise will go through a rebuild with the mavs
i mean, are cuban donnie really giving the playoffs as their goal. their minimum goal. even second reound? wouldnt suprise me at all. i mean i dont understand d. wills decision. he is bad, but could force a buyout and going to a contender would be better as a good backup pg with high mpg?

:biggums:

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 05:54 PM
yea i dont think that in the WC there will be much gap between last place and rank 9.
i mean, are cuban donnie really giving the playoffs as their goal. their minimum goal. even second reound? wouldnt suprise me at all. i mean i dont understand d. wills decision. he is bad, but could force a buyout and going to a contender would be better as good backup pg with high mpg?

:biggums:

He just wants to come home I bet as well. Also, there isn't a better situation in the league for him drive up his value.

These moves are actually decent if we had a real team.

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 05:56 PM
He just wants to come home I bet as well. Also, there isn't a better situation in the league for him drive up his value.

Deron/Harris
Matthews/Anderson
Parsons/Jefferson
Dirk/Evans
Jordan/Biyombo

Coulda woulda shoulda, but that team could make the WCF.

pastis
07-10-2015, 05:57 PM

drive up his value? his value as a backup pg you mean? because this dude is consistently declining since 2-3 years

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 06:00 PM
drive up his value? his value as a backup pg you mean? because this dude is consistently declining since 2-3 years

yes. drive up his value around the league.

he's only 30 years old man. if he has 2 good years...somebody will pay him for a 3 year deal.

and with the way the money is trending...and he can go home and basically lose nothing...it's a great deal for him. way better deal for him than it is the Mavs...that's for sure.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 2m2 minutes ago
Mavs considered trying to trade for Ty Lawson before focusing on Deron Williams.Took significantly less expensive route.

Locked?

You still think this is a tank plan?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 2m2 minutes ago
Mavs considered trying to trade for Ty Lawson before focusing on Deron Williams.Took significantly less expensive route.

Locked?

You still think this is a tank plan?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lawson Matthews is actually a nice backcourt. Would compliment each other.

pastis
07-10-2015, 06:04 PM
damn your right. he is only 30. dont know why, but i had age 32 on the radar. so yea, you are propably right

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Deron/Harris
Matthews/Anderson
Parsons/Jefferson
Dirk/Evans
Jordan/Biyombo

You want to know the sick thing.

Replace DJ with Tyson (who we could have gotten for 4 years 48 million I bet) and add one other legit rotation player and we are as good or better than the team above....and we could have done way more than that.

We had Tyson's bird rights. And if we were all in like we should have been...we could have gotten into a 3 way sign and trade with Ellis and the Pacers/Lakers to open up 10 more million in cap.

Could have added Lou Williams and another piece easily. Could have made the Lawson trade...etc.

Just awful.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Lawson Matthews is actually a nice backcourt. Would compliment each other.

Oh I agree.

I'm laughing because Locked keeps insisting we are trying to tank. We clearly aren't.

This is so annoying....we could have done so much in free agency this year if we had just brought back Tyson at 4/48...we had his bird rights. We could have opened up 10 more million in cap with an Ellis sign and trade as well.

That would have been a good use of that 2nd round we gave away for Zaza...

So many options...

Shade8780
07-10-2015, 06:09 PM
You want to know the sick thing.

Replace DJ with Tyson (who we could have gotten for 4 years 48 million I bet) and add one other legit rotation player and we are as good or better than the team above....and we could have done way more than that.

We had Tyson's bird rights. And if we were all in like we should have been...we could have gotten into a 3 way sign and trade with Ellis and the Pacers/Lakers to open up 10 more million in cap.

Could have added Lou Williams and another piece easily.

Just awful.
Hey, just want to say thanks for the lottery pick. It's greatly appreciated and will be cared for.

Also, thanks Nets for just always being there for us, the absolute dumbasses you are :applause:

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 06:10 PM
Hey, just want to say thanks for the lottery pick. It's greatly appreciated and will be cared for.

Also, thanks Nets for just always being there for us, the absolute dumbasses you are :applause:

Use it wisely Boston...use it wisely.

bdreason
07-10-2015, 06:10 PM
Landing Deron for $5m per is a nice move from Cuban. Williams showed some glimpses of old DWill at the end of last season. Maybe a change of scenery can reinvigorate his career.

StephHamann
07-10-2015, 06:11 PM
I personally think Chandler is 85% done. The only thing Cuban is good at is getting rid of old players.

Terry sucked in Boston
Kidd was awful in New York
Marion was done in Cleveland
Vince is a zero factor in Memphis.

Tyson was awful against Houston, clearly played through injuries.

But the Suns only need 25 minutes of Tyson with Len, that might help him.

DMAVS41
07-10-2015, 06:15 PM
I personally think Chandler is 85% done. The only thing Cuban is good at is getting rid of old players.

Terry sucked in Boston
Kidd was awful in New York
Marion was done in Cleveland
Vince is a zero factor in Memphis.

Tyson was awful against Houston, clearly played through injuries.

But the Suns only need 25 minutes of Tyson with Len, that might help him.

I won't deny he looked bad, but can you really blame him given the situation? You'd have to go out and get a guy like Ed Davis or Biyombo to keep his minutes down all season...I fully grant that.

Point being though...we would have had plenty of space to do these things.

wang4three
07-10-2015, 06:21 PM
How Billy King is not fired yet is beyond me.

smoovegittar
07-10-2015, 06:23 PM
It's what he wanted. If he has anything left, Mavs will get the most out of him. I won't be shocked if he plays well - even though I can't stand him.

Xoush
07-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Landing Deron for $5m per is a nice move from Cuban. Williams showed some glimpses of old DWill at the end of last season. Maybe a change of scenery can reinvigorate his career.

That'd be great if it were true. Would love to see Dirk go out swinging, but I think it is just a pipe dream. So don't get your hopes up.

Xoush
07-10-2015, 06:37 PM

Must have a sex tape of the owner in his pocket.

bobopenguin
07-10-2015, 08:19 PM
U guys are dumb. Deron can still be one of the top pg in the league. Healthy deron and brook can make playoff...
But whatever, deron will shuts haters up this season. Watch it.

NBASTATMAN
07-10-2015, 08:25 PM
ON a good team Deron can still ball... I think the system will also help him next year... Soft west coast ball may be more his thing

smoovegittar
07-10-2015, 08:50 PM

Only guy in Net's management with English as first language.

longtime lurker
07-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Can't believe that Williams managed to bitch out of his contract. WTF are the Nets thinking, they know they don't have a draft pick right?

Duderonomy
07-10-2015, 09:32 PM
That is the question. DWill doesn't have much value but a buyout :wtf:
Either way I'm done with this mess of a franchise.

TheMarkMadsen
07-10-2015, 09:37 PM
U guys are dumb. Deron can still be one of the top pg in the league. Healthy deron and brook can make playoff...
But whatever, deron will shuts haters up this season. Watch it.

in the east doe

HylianNightmare
07-10-2015, 10:02 PM
comeback year incoming

Nets fan 93
07-10-2015, 11:24 PM
He's not gonna be any different in a different uniform. They have a better PG on the bench.

kentatm
07-11-2015, 03:27 AM
Can't believe that Williams managed to bitch out of his contract. WTF are the Nets thinking, they know they don't have a draft pick right?

they are thinking Prok is trying to sell the team and they don't want to pay the repeat violator luxury tax

coin24
07-11-2015, 03:47 AM
The nets are a disgrace

eliteballer
07-11-2015, 04:05 AM
Deron/Harris
Matthews/Anderson
Parsons/Jefferson
Dirk/Evans
Jordan/Biyombo

Some of the worst analysis ever.

Deron and Dirk are completely washed up, Jordan can't do anything on offense besides catch lobs, and Parsons and Matthews are coming off major, major injuries.

OG LeeTSkeeT
07-11-2015, 06:51 AM
Damn the Celtics lookin real good next year especially if Mavs get a pick 8-20 range and Nets totally suck and get 1-10 range. Ainge has done a real good job turning Rondo and Pierce into valuable picks. Teams are retarded not to take the draft picks package that was supposedly offered during the draft. Wouldn't be surprised if Ben Simmons end up with Celtics through the Nets pick next year.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Damn the Celtics lookin real good next year especially if Mavs get a pick 8-20 range and Nets totally suck and get 1-10 range. Ainge has done a real good job turning Rondo and Pierce into valuable picks. Teams are retarded not to take the draft picks package that was supposedly offered during the draft. Wouldn't be surprised if Ben Simmons end up with Celtics through the Nets pick next year.

I'll be amazed if the Mavs make it to the playoffs, not because they might not be a good team but there's just so many other teams that should be good enough to push them out. I have them projected at 9th-12th in the West - should be enough to secure the Celtics a pick between 8 and 14. The Nets could legit be bottom 5 in the league, but that would hinge on them either dealing JJ or Lopez missing an extended period of time.

Nets fan 93
07-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Deron was a cancer. He wasn't the one that got the nets to the playoffs last year. Nets will stay around the same w/ or w/out him. He got worse every year.