PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin will be the starter for the Hornets, not Kemba Walker

Kidbasketball20
07-11-2015, 01:55 AM
How are people thinking Kemba is better than Lin?

His efficiency is terrible and has numbers due to volume shooting and usage.

How exactly is 39% FG and 30% 3-point better than 42% FG and 37% 3-point?
Kemba also has a dismal TS%. Who can't get 17ppg when they take 16 shots per game?

Not to mention Lin is the far better playmaker. Even with a primary PG role and a 26% usage the most assists Kemba has managed is 6 per game, something Lin did as second fiddle to Harden getting 21% usage.

Give Lin the same usage with the freedom Kemba has had he's the better player easily.

Lin has put up much better efficiency and had much higher ceiling performances while being yo-yoed around in constantly changing roles not even suited to his game yet people dump all over the guy because they either hate his fans or because he doesn't pass their "eye test."

Fallen Angel
07-11-2015, 01:56 AM
Yeah, no.

34-24 Footwork
07-11-2015, 01:58 AM
Jerry Lin loss respect after he started b1tching about being "targeted" on a nightly basis (after playing like an all star for a month straight).

Dude also loss his starting to position to Patrick Beverages on the rockets.

He has no business starting over walker.

Sportal
07-11-2015, 02:00 AM
Yeah... nahh.

outbreak
07-11-2015, 02:05 AM
https://willpowerthru.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/nope3.gif

YouGotServed
07-11-2015, 02:06 AM
Ye-.......No.

roffie
07-11-2015, 02:14 AM
so thats why u are red. i see.

Kidbasketball20
07-11-2015, 03:00 AM
You are all so stupid.
i post real facts and you just say, "...no" without a counter.

Dummies here. Can't wait to bump this when Lin is dominating!

FKAri
07-11-2015, 03:04 AM
Neither should be starting on any team tbh

JohnMax
07-11-2015, 03:11 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000208-sports-and-racing-nba/72144629/825945631

theres lin fans already going on about how kemba walker is injury prone and lin can finally be THE guy without kobe/harden holding him back and without a racist head coach

not exaggerating

edit: not on this board to clarify

b0bab0i
07-11-2015, 03:11 AM
They both will start, Lin will probably be playing shooting guard.

KNOW1EDGE
07-11-2015, 03:19 AM
I don't think OP is too far-fetched to predict that Jeremy Lin will eventually start at point guard over Kemba Walker.

And at least he provided some statistics instead of just "no" or "your dumb"

Everything OP stated was factual. And even if Lin started Kemba would still get 30-35mpg.

spiegel
07-11-2015, 03:20 AM
I feel sorry for the however small hornets fans contingent that will have to deal with this cult(lin fans) . They are as dumb and as delusional as they come. They are a bunch of vindictive physcos.

spiegel
07-11-2015, 03:21 AM
I don't think OP is too far-fetched to predict that Jeremy Lin will eventually start at point guard over Kemba Walker.

And at least he provided some statistics instead of just "no" or "your dumb"

Everything OP stated was factual. And even if Lin started Kemba would still get 30-35mpg.
lol :roll:

KNOW1EDGE
07-11-2015, 03:28 AM
lol :roll:

Lol :roll: x2

Heavincent
07-11-2015, 03:34 AM
OP actually has a point this time. Are people just trolling him or what? Kemba is not a good PG.

CarlosBoozer
07-11-2015, 03:36 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/RddAJiGxTPQFa/giphy.gif

KNOW1EDGE
07-11-2015, 03:38 AM
OP actually has a point this time. Are people just trolling him or what? Kemba is not a good PG.

Finally. Thank you. Wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one.

Cocaine80s
07-11-2015, 03:52 AM
Kemba is black, therefore he starts.

spiegel
07-11-2015, 03:53 AM
he is still better then lin. if ya cant beatout Ronnie price and Patrick scrubbly you must suck

Lebron23
07-11-2015, 04:41 AM
Kemba Walker is better than Lin. Walker was playing like an all star before he got injured.

MellowYellow
07-11-2015, 04:46 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55082047.jpg

Spurs m8
07-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Walker was playing like an all star before he got injured.

Nah this is just hype.

Dude isn't a great shooter and loses way more in clutch than he wins, whether it be by shots or turnovers.

He's over-rated maybe coz he looks kinda cool out there and sinks the occasional buzzer beater that NBA TV replays a million times.

Having said all this, I don't rate Lin either.

Poor Charlotte haha

nathanjizzle
07-11-2015, 08:29 AM
lins definitely a starter in the east. i would take lin starting over kemba. i wouldnt be surprised if the hornets make the playoffs.

DMV2
07-11-2015, 08:46 AM
LOL...remember when Ronnie Price took Lin's starting job.

DMV2
07-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Ronnie Price

niko
07-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Charlotte doesn't push the ball down the court. They are a grind it out team where the PG's main responsibilities is to get the ball inside to the post players and be a spot up shooter. They also need to have some semblance of defense. Lin doesn't excel in any of these areas. Charlotte doesn't have spot up shooters, Lin excels when the ball is in his hand, and he can generate his offense and others can play off that. This is absolutely nothing like that at all. If the ball is in his hands, this offense isn't moving.

He's a backup at this point. People need to deal with it. He got $2M a year as his largest offer in a market where people were throwing money around like candy.

Anyone who watched Charlotte play at all last year and thinks Kemba really looks like he needs to be replaced by Lin is borderline retarded. Lin couldn't stay on the court for the Lakers and they were absolutely awful.

niko
07-11-2015, 10:00 AM
I like how the fact that Lin's playstyle doesn't match how Charlotte plays doesn't dissaude anyone from the fact that he should start.

smoovegittar
07-11-2015, 10:30 AM
I give him 5 - 6 games. Then it's back to towel boy.

They just want a look-see. Why wait?

spiegel
07-11-2015, 12:39 PM
:applause:
Charlotte doesn't push the ball down the court. They are a grind it out team where the PG's main responsibilities is to get the ball inside to the post players and be a spot up shooter. They also need to have some semblance of defense. Lin doesn't excel in any of these areas. Charlotte doesn't have spot up shooters, Lin excels when the ball is in his hand, and he can generate his offense and others can play off that. This is absolutely nothing like that at all. If the ball is in his hands, this offense isn't moving.

He's a backup at this point. People need to deal with it. He got $2M a year as his largest offer in a market where people were throwing money around like candy.

Anyone who watched Charlotte play at all last year and thinks Kemba really looks like he needs to be replaced by Lin is borderline retarded. Lin couldn't stay on the court for the Lakers and they were absolutely awful.:applause: . however good luck trying to talk logic to a fanbase who believes lin is better then harden :roll:

cranincu
07-11-2015, 12:47 PM
the people saying kemba should start didnt even watch a single small market hornets game and just see the rad crossovers on nba's youtube page. these are the same people that saw austin rivers high school highlights hoopstape thinking he should go top 5 in the draft.

inclinerator
07-11-2015, 01:00 PM
cant believe people on here believe ronnie price over lin bs, ronnie was better at tanking

Da Hammer
07-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Kemba will start just because he was a high draft pick.

SpecialQue
07-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Thank god Lin's no longer on the Lakers so I don't have to see this shit in game threads anymore. :rockon:

magictricked
07-11-2015, 01:47 PM
How many teams has Lin been on now? If he was as good as the OP says you'd think one team would keep him.

Dr. Ice
07-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Are people just trolling the op or something, or is there really this many kemba walker fans? Dude is TERRIBLE, it shouldn't be that hard for lin to take his spot.

wang4three
07-11-2015, 06:01 PM
I would imagine they would go Lin-Kemba as a 1-2 combo for stretches, most likely when they have Al Jeff's out of the game so they can play at a faster pace. Especially if they go Lin, Kemba, Batum, Kidd-Gilchrist/Marvin Williams, and Zeller as a fast lineup. Maybe Kaminsky for Zeller so that Frank can get those sneaky trailer spot up 3s when the opponent's center defaults and goes downlow and forgets that Frank loves to stop at the 3pt line. Or they use Frank as a decoy to open up lanes for Lin/Kemba/Batum to get into the paint.

Cocaine80s
07-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Are people just trolling the op or something, or is there really this many kemba walker fans? Dude is TERRIBLE, it shouldn't be that hard for lin to take his spot.
Are you saying Ronnie Price and Clarkson are better than Kemba too?

Lin lost his starting position to those two scrubs

ihatetimthomas
07-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Lin is not a consistent enough player to be a starter. He also doesn't have great traditional point guard skills and ball handling skills. He has the ability to create shots and get to the paint. But he also gets stripped a lot going in the lane and turns the ball over.

He shows you flashes of great skills but it can't be sustained in starter minutes. He is best for off the bench as a spark offensively and leading the 2nd unit.

brownmamba00
07-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Thank god we don't have to worry about this scrub anymore

gts
07-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Thank god we don't have to worry about this scrub anymoreamen

niko
07-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Lin is not a consistent enough player to be a starter. He also doesn't have great traditional point guard skills and ball handling skills. He has the ability to create shots and get to the paint. But he also gets stripped a lot going in the lane and turns the ball over.

He shows you flashes of great skills but it can't be sustained in starter minutes. He is best for off the bench as a spark offensively and leading the 2nd unit.

Which is exactly what he's been brought in to do. That's all. Anything else is fantasy.

disel
07-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Just when ya thought these crazy loonies couldn't get more stupid they start this thread. :roll: :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

oarabbus
07-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Lin will be the 6th man and will be one of the best 6th men in the league

rufuspaul
07-13-2015, 09:57 AM
You are all so stupid.
i post real facts and you just say, "...no" without a counter.

Dummies here. Can't wait to bump this when Lin is dominating!

Um

TheBigVeto
07-14-2015, 11:47 PM
I feel sorry for the however small hornets fans contingent that will have to deal with this cult(lin fans) . They are as dumb and as delusional as they come. They are a bunch of vindictive physcos.

They are still much more tolerable than Kobetards.

gts
07-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Lin hype same as last year same as the year before, wash rinse repeat...

Every same thing, Lin will be the starter and every year he loses the job to somebody else and gets less and less playing time as the season wears on and his weaknesses are exposed

yeaaaman
07-15-2015, 01:08 AM

Every same thing, Lin will be the starter and every year he loses the job to somebody else and gets less and less playing time as the season wears on and his weaknesses are exposed

It's not just Lin though, although he gets a lot of hype from certain groups. It's sports in general. It's ESPN following up on all these trades and signings. How many are going to have little to zero impact on the outcome of a teams season? It's just another interesting storyline to keep us talking and paying attention.

I mean, look at all the talk the Lakers are generating among their fans, are they even going to make the playoffs this year? Is Kemba Walker actually that good of a player, let alone PG? A shoot first PG who can't shoot? Oh well. Lance Stephenson turned out to be a horrible signing last year. Or Knick fans bashing the Prozingis pick, as if they were going to get a player at the 4 spot that was going to put them into win-now mode. It's all interesting to follow but really, a lot of it matters very little in the big picture outside of the basic entertainment value.

The Hornets likely won't be that good with either Kemba or Lin starting, so who really cares? Whether or not they have good individual seasons is still up in the air.

ihatetimthomas
07-15-2015, 02:24 AM

What hype? There is no more expectations. He isn't expected to start. I hear nothing about him anymore...

warriorfan
07-15-2015, 02:36 AM

You forgot the part when the chinese guys come in and tell us it's not about Lin, it's racist Coaches that don't know what they are doing. :rolleyes:

Smoke117
07-15-2015, 03:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4bUV7Ls.gif

bobopenguin
07-15-2015, 03:54 AM
let's get it clear and out of the way.

1) Ronnie price started cos lakers wanna tank. Lin on court was ruining laker's chance to tank.
2) Ronnie aka snake head sucks. Lin is better.
3) Lin needs to prove he's starter.
4) Lin is inconsistent, because he's not that good, also cos he never get consistent amount of time to play.
6) OP is obsessed and dumb, and i am a logical LOF.