PDA

View Full Version : any Tom Thibodeau news?

jzek
07-13-2015, 09:44 AM
How is one of the best defensive coaches in the game still not have a job? :wtf: Is he taking a break this season or what?

If I were a GM, I'd hire Thibs and pair him up with Mike D'Antoni and collect my 10 rings.

GIF REACTION
07-13-2015, 09:50 AM
He's keeping his options open to see where the ball lands with George Karl and The Kings.

As he should.

I<3NBA
07-13-2015, 01:24 PM
How is one of the best defensive coaches in the game still not have a job? :wtf: Is he taking a break this season or what?

If I were a GM, I'd hire Thibs and pair him up with Mike D'Antoni and collect my 10 rings.
What you would collect, are 10 injured players, not 10 rings.

BlakFrankWhite
07-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Thunder will decide

ISHGoat
07-13-2015, 01:37 PM

what you'd might collect is Thib's offense + Antoni's defense :roll:

nathanjizzle
07-13-2015, 03:26 PM
thibs is a red flag. he will push your players to the limit and run them into the ground trying to win.

SexSymbol
07-13-2015, 03:42 PM

You want the starting five to play 75 mpg?

Dr Seuss
07-13-2015, 03:47 PM

Do you honestly see either of these coaches taking an assistant/associate head coaching job at this point in their careers?

Kvnzhangyay
07-13-2015, 04:32 PM
thibs is a red flag. he will push your players to the limit and run them into the ground trying to win.

only if he's the head coach

Braincells
07-13-2015, 04:37 PM

Unstoppable force meets the immovable object.

Big Cheese
07-13-2015, 04:40 PM
He only wants to coach a team thats already good, I heard he wasnt interested in the pelicans job because he wasnt sure how long anthony davis would be there.

clipps
07-13-2015, 04:43 PM
He should reunite with Doc and be the Clippers Defensive Coordinator.

Dr Seuss
07-13-2015, 04:45 PM
I heard he wasnt interested in the pelicans job because he wasnt sure how long anthony davis would be there.

pretty dumb of him then

ihatetimthomas
07-13-2015, 06:15 PM

He does play his guys hard, but a coach who is driven to win and will push his players to the limit to get the most out of them is a red flag? A coach who wants to win that badly is not a bad thing. He got the most out his teams in Chicago and that was with their franchise player not playing years at a time. He's a good coach, he will preach defense and dedication. For a team trying to build a winning mentality, he's a guy who will get you there.

HoopologyPhD
07-13-2015, 06:20 PM
I heard that he might sit out just to spite the Bulls since they have to pay him anyway and they pay less if he signs with another team.

All the best teams have coaches in place anyways so he knows he isn't winning anything this year as HC.

tamaraw08
07-13-2015, 06:39 PM
I heard that he might sit out just to spite the Bulls since they have to pay him anyway and they pay less if he signs with another team.

All the best teams have coaches in place anyways so he knows he isn't winning anything this year as HC.

He would be hired by GatorAde and test/push the athletes how far they can go.

nathanjizzle
07-13-2015, 08:07 PM
He does play his guys hard, but a coach who is driven to win and will push his players to the limit to get the most out of them is a red flag? A coach who wants to win that badly is not a bad thing. He got the most out his teams in Chicago and that was with their franchise player not playing years at a time. He's a good coach, he will preach defense and dedication. For a team trying to build a winning mentality, he's a guy who will get you there.

yes, pushing your players to hte limit for 82 regular season games isnt the recipe to win in the playoffs.

chips93
07-13-2015, 09:55 PM

this

i dont know why orlando went for skiles, when hes basically a poor man's thibs