PDA

View Full Version : Is this still the most underrated layup ever?

Dr. Ice
07-13-2015, 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBi0U4jd6Bk&index=12&list=FLyiykvnipAnGHT9O0jIdZSA

KNOW1EDGE
07-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Quite possibly.

I'd never seen it before, but it was amazing.

Can you imagine of Jordan did that in a game? Would it not easily be regarded as the greatest lay-up of all-time? -I think it would and we would be seeing it every fuhcking g where

MP.Trey
07-13-2015, 04:24 PM
I miss Herrman in the league. Deceptively athletic, crafty and could palm a f*cking medicine ball.

richi
07-13-2015, 04:25 PM
is a excellent move a lad who i play with does it all the time, would love to do it but my little bitch hands mean i cant palm a ball lol

xoneatom
07-13-2015, 04:26 PM
:eek: :eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause:

imdaman99
07-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Quite possibly.

I'd never seen it before, but it was amazing.

Can you imagine of Jordan did that in a game? Would it not easily be regarded as the greatest lay-up of all-time? -I think it would and we would be seeing it every fuhcking g where
According to 3ball, Jordan did that layup 3-4 times a game. Incoming gif collections :oldlol:

This thing is a beauty :bowdown:

Kvnzhangyay
07-13-2015, 04:32 PM
According to 3ball, Jordan did that layup 3-4 times a game. Incoming gif collections :oldlol:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

But wow that was a great move :bowdown: :bowdown:

MP.Trey
07-13-2015, 04:34 PM

The only reason Herrmann was able to do that was because of the spacing and new rules that don't allow paint camping. Jordan has done better over 6 defenders with all 4 of his teammates 2 feet to the left of him.

*Insert gifs of Jordan making contested layups*

*Insert gifs of Herrmann missing fadeaway jumpers*

comerb
07-13-2015, 04:44 PM
That was pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing.

DonDadda59
07-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Otis Thorpe used to shit like that all the time. :confusedshrug:

WorldWarriors
07-13-2015, 06:15 PM
Good old Walter Hermann. He was always doing something clever with a basketball with those gigantic hands. Nice.

Fire Colangelo
07-13-2015, 06:37 PM
Holy shit

avonbarksdale
07-13-2015, 06:48 PM
was good but lets be real the suns probably were not trying in this game

KungFuJoe
07-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Would have taken Lebron six steps to make that layup.

KNOW1EDGE
07-13-2015, 07:08 PM
The only reason Herrmann was able to do that was because of the spacing and new rules that don't allow paint camping. Jordan has done better over 6 defenders with all 4 of his teammates 2 feet to the left of him.

*Insert gifs of Jordan making contested layups*

*Insert gifs of Herrmann missing fadeaway jumpers*

Stay salty my friend.

No need to give credit where credit is due. No need to acknowledge and give props to a good play.

Crawl back into the whole you came out of

Sportal
07-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Ah yes, I remember this. Was pre-season not overly long ago.

aj1987
07-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Stay salty my friend.

No need to give credit where credit is due. No need to acknowledge and give props to a good play.

http://i.imgur.com/26TodEG.gif

:facepalm

dubnation
07-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Stay salty my friend.

He's joking :confusedshrug:

Sweet layup.

KNOW1EDGE
07-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Lol how tf am I supposed to know this dude I joking?

What he typed is literally what they teach you in ISH-101

dubnation
07-13-2015, 07:42 PM

lol he's mimicking 3ball man, I'd recognize that sh*t anywhere.

AboutBuckets
07-13-2015, 07:45 PM

Bruh that was pretty obvious

Nuff Said
07-13-2015, 08:03 PM

You should look up what the term literally means.

KNOW1EDGE
07-13-2015, 08:09 PM
You should look up what the term literally means.

Which term?

And no. It is not obvious. Do you know how many stupid people there are on this site? I see about a thousand similar posts every day from genuine posters. Lol.

Anyways, I'll take this L. :cheers:

Nuff Said
07-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Which term?

And no. It is not obvious. Do you know how many stupid people there are on this site? I see about a thousand similar posts every day from genuine posters. Lol.

The 6 defenders didn't give it away as a joke? Or the fake ass gifs?

Dr. Ice
07-14-2015, 02:32 PM
So can someone explain how exactly he ended up out of the nba?

SugarHill
07-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Stay salty my friend.

:biggums:

aj1987
07-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Which term?

You're a decent poster, but you need to lighten the **** up. STFU and have fun.

Magic 32
07-14-2015, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzsvbheXscg

triangleoffense
07-14-2015, 02:53 PM
lol wut... gtfo at anyone who wasn't watching Jordan in the early-mid 90s when he could still double clutch and finish. That's some basic ball-fake exercise shit. :facepalm this forum these days... even the trolls need to take notes

aj1987
07-14-2015, 03:13 PM
lol wut... gtfo at anyone who wasn't watching Jordan in the early-mid 90s when he could still double clutch and finish. That's some basic ball-fake exercise shit. :facepalm this forum these days... even the trolls need to take notes
MJ has some of the GOAT layups, but this dude did a Euro-Step with 3 fakes and. Excluding competition, this is one of the best layups ever.Crazy layup not matter what.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Another loser who wasted his talent. He was basically a combo of Jordan and Bird, with a bigger frame, bigger hands, and overseas mystique, and he played like 3 seasons. :facepalm

aj1987
07-14-2015, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzsvbheXscg
Dude, you suck so much Kobe dick, your lips much be chapped from it.

Wade, MJ, AI, LeBron, Kobe himself, etc. have better layups, BTW.

jstern
07-14-2015, 04:07 PM
It was very nice, and interesting. But a little too awkward looking for it to be the most underrated.

G0ATbe
07-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Kobe-esque.:applause:

Straight_Ballin
07-14-2015, 04:22 PM
MJ has some of the GOAT layups, but this dude did a Euro-Step with 3 fakes and. Excluding competition, this is one of the best layups ever.Crazy layup not matter what.

Relax...no one including that guy would ever have even attempted these types of acrobatic layups if not for MJ introducing the concept of them to the league.

Best layup of all time:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w7vsjOHq5E0

aj1987
07-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Relax...no one including that guy would ever have even attempted these types of acrobatic layups if not for MJ introducing the concept of them to the league.

Best layup of all time:

Nope.

Don't you ever get tired of pleasuring MJ?

MP.Trey
07-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Stay salty my friend.

*whoosh*

CeltsGarlic
07-14-2015, 05:17 PM
http://i.minus.com/ivbAd0L91za40.gif

WorldWarriors
07-14-2015, 05:29 PM
http://i.minus.com/ivbAd0L91za40.gif

I seem to recall Jordan doing that in a post season game once. My memory kind of fuzzy though. It was that or something similar.

Straight_Ballin
07-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Nope.

Don't you ever get tired of pleasuring MJ?

Having to explain basic principles of what constitutes a GOAT player and what doesn't is tiring, but someone has to do it other wise a wigglet will venture on in life thinking that his era's current superstar is GOAT when that couldn't be further from the truth. Saving someone from potentially walking through life being a dumbass is a good thing, but tiring.

FKAri
07-14-2015, 05:46 PM

Best layup of all time:

This layup kinda gets overrated. MJ himself has done better. This was more about the moment and that capped off MJ's epic overall performance.

Straight_Ballin
07-14-2015, 05:46 PM
I seem to recall Jordan doing that in a post season game once. My memory kind of fuzzy though. It was that or something similar.

There's so much less hang time on that jump compared to Jordan inventing the move that it is barely worth a mention.

Straight_Ballin
07-14-2015, 05:48 PM
This layup kinda gets overrated. MJ himself has done better. This was more about the moment and that capped off MJ's epic overall performance.

That layup was the first of it's kind, and other players felt inferior for not having thought of it. Just like they felt inferior for wearing their tight little nut hugger shorts until Jordan walked on the court with long shorts one day and the world nodded in agreement at the superior choice.

Such is the difference between a leader and followers.

KNOW1EDGE
07-14-2015, 05:49 PM

Yeah MJ did it against the lakers.

But I was unnecessary and basically just for show.

Brandon Roys was better in my opinion because he would have gotten his sho blocked so he switched hands and finished with the left. MJs defender didn't even contest really, he just switched hands

Still haven't seen a link to a better lay-up

Straight_Ballin
07-14-2015, 05:58 PM

Brandon Roys was better in my opinion because he would have gotten his sho blocked so he switched hands and finished with the left. MJs defender didn't even contest really, he just switched hands

Um.. no. Keep making shit up though. Magic even said that Jordan was outstretched to dunk, saw the defender looked like he was going to contest it, and then at the last minute switched it to his other hand. Something that only MJ could do because of his superior hang time. He didn't just do it for show.

ShawkFactory
07-14-2015, 06:35 PM
It's so interesting to me those people who ****-ride a guy who for all intents and purposes retired 17 years ago. Let it go. Everyone is a Jordan fan dumbass.

This is an underrated layup thread. No layup Jordan ever did was underrated.

And1AllDay
07-14-2015, 06:54 PM
I came in expecting to see a so-so layup, but damn, that was pretty sweet. Never seen it before :pimp:

WorldWarriors
07-14-2015, 07:06 PM

Well I saw it in real time and I don't recall if it was necessary or not. I just remember the switching hands in a game.

But the BRoy one was great too.

DonDadda59
07-14-2015, 07:33 PM

You ever see this one? :confusedshrug:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-14-2015/_sMI-t.gif

SugarHill
07-14-2015, 07:35 PM

oh wow

ShawkFactory
07-14-2015, 07:35 PM

My point is that most of the things Jordan did were analyzed and celebrated. Not really the case for Hermann in a preseason game

KNOW1EDGE
07-14-2015, 07:42 PM
Um.. no. Keep making shit up though. Magic even said that Jordan was outstretched to dunk, saw the defender looked like he was going to contest it, and then at the last minute switched it to his other hand. Something that only MJ could do because of his superior hang time. He didn't just do it for show.

Exactly. Like I said, the defender did not contest it. Jordan did not have to switch hands. It was an uncontested lay-up where he switched hands. Don't find that anywhere nearly as impressive as this Walter dunk. And I'm a HUGE MJ fan btw.

Link to lay-up with commentary from MJ and Magic

KNOW1EDGE
07-14-2015, 07:43 PM
It's so interesting to me those people who ****-ride a guy who for all intents and purposes retired 17 years ago. Let it go. Everyone is a Jordan fan dumbass.

Take note lil ni99as!!

To4
07-14-2015, 09:13 PM
The MJ layup with the Nets is still Boss as f*ck..

Dr. Ice
07-15-2015, 03:16 PM
So can someone explain how exactly he ended up out of the nba?
I don't normally repeat questions but...anyone? :confusedshrug:

FKAri
07-15-2015, 03:25 PM
I don't normally repeat questions but...anyone? :confusedshrug:

I think he had some issues in his personal life. From his Wiki it seems like he was a promising player.

In 2006, Herrmann signed a one-year contract worth $1.8 million with a team option for a 2nd year to play for the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats during the 2006–07 NBA season [3] Herrmann won the NBA Eastern Conference rookie of the month honors in March 2007.[4] In his 13 March games, Herrmann averaged 12.1 points and 4.2 rebounds per game and he shot 58.5 percent from the field and 47.2 percent from 3-point range.

Herrmann finished the 2006–07 NBA season averaging 9.2 points per game and 2.9 rebounds per game. Walter scored his NBA career-high 30 points against the Milwaukee Bucks on April 14 and also grabbed a career high 7 defensive rebounds in the same game. Walter made the NBA All-Rookie Second Team along with his teammate Adam Morrison at the end of the season.

Timmy D for MVP
07-15-2015, 03:33 PM
The things you can do when you can palm the ball so easily.

That's a nifty little collection of fakes there. Nice find.

kennethgriffin
07-15-2015, 03:39 PM
eddie jones 3 point layup is the most underrated ever

there isnt even a video of it anymore