PDA

View Full Version : All-time best pick-up game stats today

triangleoffense
07-14-2015, 03:03 PM
So check this out I was getting my cardio workout in after like 3 months of sedentary/office type of living with a friend of mine from college.. we were working out in the University Rec Center so a lot of young boys/men in their prime play in their including members of our D1 basketball program.

So I'm dying/gassed and I see my friend getting fustrated.. he's kind of like my little brother as I'm taller/more athletic than him but he's gotten in much better shape than I am so it's like he's doing all the hustle plays...

It's just a little 2 on 2 but the other 2 players regularly play with each other and have been friends since childhood. We are playing to 15 going by 1s and 2s.. best out of three since we called rematch after the first loss was by a point.. after barely winning the 2nd game we are down 10-1 in the third tie-breaking game.. this is like the 3rd consecutive game I've played and it's not looking good. Then for some reason I'm like "hell nah I played JV ball these freshman are not going to take us out that easily!".. I start playing crazy hard defense (why i was even starting on the JV squad to begin with) and my friend is still kinda doing nothing because he's frustrated from the first two games. Then I start hitting all my midrange shots and driving the rim every possession.. personally scoring like 14 of the last 15 points for us going 4/4 from three after not being able to hit the ocean the last two games.. we come back from 10-1 to take it 10-15.. that's what great defense does and I took pride in watching the best during my short tenure as a "student athlete".

So yea ISH.. i was BOSS for maybe 5 minutes today

iTare
07-14-2015, 03:04 PM
I would f*cking school you.

triangleoffense
07-14-2015, 03:05 PM
I would f*cking school you.
It's about the effort bro.. I was known for being "clutch" too so give a brotha some love :rockon: :pimp:

Oh yea and little side note.. at like 10-1 I was the one who got fired up and said "we're not losing today!" so loud half the gym could hear.. then I proceed to destroy the competition like Lakers did Boston in 2010.

sweggeh
07-14-2015, 03:09 PM
I tried to do a crossover but broke my leg.

iTare
07-14-2015, 03:28 PM
It's about the effort bro.. I was known for being "clutch" too so give a brotha some love :rockon: :pimp:

Oh yea and little side note.. at like 10-1 I was the one who got fired up and said "we're not losing today!" so loud half the gym could hear.. then I proceed to destroy the competition like Lakers did Boston in 2010.
I am just f*cking witchu. Good sh*t!

GIF REACTION
07-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Correction: "I don't want to piss anyone off here so I'll pretend that verbal attack was a joke. Can't risk my reputation being damaged."

sweggeh
07-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Correction: "I don't want to piss anyone off here so I'll pretend that verbal attack was a joke. Can't risk my reputation being damaged."

You are Budadi arent you?

I CAN RECOGNISE THAT SWAGGER FROM A MILE AWAY

WELCOME BACK BRO

iTare
07-14-2015, 03:33 PM
:lol

triangleoffense
07-14-2015, 03:39 PM
In all honesty the best feeling about that was being able to do with my friend and essentially calling my shot after we are down like 10-3... it's down 10-1 and then I make like a driving layup and then a 15-foot/wing jumper.. the two easy buckets and the fact that i finally felt my legs under me gave me just a huge explosion of will and confidence and i just knew we weren't losing today because of me.. anyone else get that feeling?

BTW thought i would share some OTC: swag stories with my b-ball bros today.. no one else is just going to understand. :cheers:

kentatm
07-14-2015, 03:57 PM
triangleoffense

evo8 is this you?????

dat YMCA quad season was boss!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GIF REACTION
07-14-2015, 04:03 PM
evo8 is this you?????

dat YMCA quad season was boss!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
GOAT thread in ISH history

GIF REACTION
07-14-2015, 04:05 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/vy5mqa.png

triangleoffense
07-14-2015, 04:34 PM
lol no who the hell is evo8. I've never played YMCA.. just church rec leagues and JV High school 10th and 11th.

DaHeezy
07-14-2015, 07:42 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/vy5mqa.png
What's with newbies acting like this is their only account then posting about something long before their time?

Levity
07-14-2015, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry, OP. but you seriously have been posting some weird ass shit today. :lol

triangleoffense
07-14-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry, OP. but you seriously have been posting some weird ass shit today. :lol
it's that kind of 5-star thread day for me.. also i'm incredibly tired and still up because i'm looking over patient reports from this cardiac rehab site =/