PDA

View Full Version : D'Angelo Russell vs Emmanuel Mudiay

LoneyROY7
07-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Who will be the better player long-term?

I like what I've seen from Mudi thus far.

The_Pharcyde
07-15-2015, 01:37 PM
i like travis best and aj guyton over both these dudes

tsforthrees
07-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Mudiay. I really don't think these two will ever be in the same conversation again by the time they hit their second years.

midatlantic09
07-15-2015, 02:03 PM
I have a feeling Mudiay will end up the better NBA player and people will be saying "jeez...I can't believe the Lakers passed on Mudiay" in 4-5 years.

Cocaine80s
07-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Mudiay

West-Side
07-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Non-Laker fans on ISH, in regards to this question:

Mudiay - 124 votes
Russell - 0 votes

IncarceratedBob
07-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Russell is gonna be yet another James Harden. An overall net zero due to his boring scoring and non existent defense.

Mudiay is more like a Westbrook/Kobe fusion

24/7
07-15-2015, 03:01 PM
Mudiay skills are nothing special in the NBA. All he has is size. He's decently athletic in a league filled with suberb athletes. But what teams need are passing and shooting. Mudiay is an average passer and a below average shooter, while Russell is superb at these(outside of the SL). Russell also has better handles than Mudiay, but is a worse defender. Assuming Russell gets his confidence back, he should easily be the more successful NBA player as his skills are much more rare and in demand than Mudiay's.

ClipperRevival
07-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Mudiay skills are nothing special in the NBA. All he has is size. He's decently athletic in a league filled with suberb athletes. But what teams need are passing and shooting. Mudiay is an average passer and a below average shooter, while Russell is superb at these(outside of the SL). Russell also has better handles than Mudiay, but is a worse defender. Assuming Russell gets his confidence back, he should easily be the more successful NBA player as his skills are much more rare and in demand than Mudiay's.

100% agreed. :applause:

Only thing that worries me is Russell's lack of quickness. I am hoping it just looked worse than it really is in the summer league.

NuggetsFan
07-15-2015, 03:07 PM

- First step/change of pace/quickness for his size
- Getting into the lane/penetrating the defense
- Pick and roll. Really important in the NBA and Mudiay is crazy good at it for his age/experience.
- His midrange shooting isn't that broken, just inconsistent. His 3 pointer is pretty broken tho.
- He's a pretty good passer. He can find guys most wouldn't see. He's been doing some crazy cross court passes after driving so far.

Mudiay isn't a crazy leaper. Atleast not in the sense Rose/Wall/Westbrook are. Outside of that I would say he's far more than "decently" athletic. He's also bigger than those guys. He's got pretty good speed, quickness, strength, body control etc.

brandonislegend
07-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Russell is gonna be yet another James Harden. An overall net zero due to his boring scoring and non existent defense.

Except the fact defense has probably been his strongest attribute so far.

LoneyROY7
07-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Tough days ahead for a once prestigious Laker franchise.

Once associated with royalty, purple and gold has now become the face of mockery and broken promises.

SugarHill
07-15-2015, 03:36 PM
#teamdarkskin

christian1923
07-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Russell.

He's the kind of player who can lead the league in scoring.

tpols
07-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Mudiay can't shoot long range in a league that prioritizes 3s and spacing.. so russell .

midatlantic09
07-15-2015, 03:51 PM
#teamdarkskin
:lol :lol :lol

magic chiongson
07-15-2015, 04:17 PM

harden is a lot more athletic than russell, i can't really see the comparison. i can see russell's worst case scenario as an andre miller-like player with better range

DonDadda59
07-15-2015, 04:26 PM
#teamdarkskin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khwsqIknsXU

It was fun while it lasted. Memories forever. #RIPteamlightskin

outbreak
07-15-2015, 04:26 PM
harden is a lot more athletic than russell, i can't really see the comparison. i can see russell's worst case scenario as an andre miller-like player with better range
me either. I have no idea where the harden comparison comes from considering he is a good driver yet Russell looks to settle for pull up jumpers and doesn't drive or go for contact much. It's like some posters here just pick a random player they like and say they are getting a clone of him.

HylianNightmare
07-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Russell

Pointguard
07-15-2015, 11:47 PM
Russell isn't a superb shooter. I'm hesitant to say "good" as players will be able to play up on him and he's not a good shooter in that scenario. Russell lost his confidence mostly against guys that won't start, and a lot of that was because of the speed of the game. He is likely to lose his confidence again in the playoffs.

Mudiay has a very good first step and already knows how to use his body. He is very agile and attacks better than Russell. Right now they are on different levels in creating their own shot.

On the court Mudiay is a very good leader, he has poise, and naturally knows where to be on the court. The media said these things about Russ and Russell claimed the leadership thing a bit prematurely. I definitely think Mudiay is the better player now and for the next two years. Russell will likely take some time to know how he's going to work the seams of defense's. After the third year, I will probably re-evaluate. I do agree that he has a unique skill set. But he isn't a sure "big thing" either.

Lebron23
07-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Emmanuel Mudiay, and it's not even close.

imnew09
07-16-2015, 12:07 AM
Emmanuel Mudiay, and it's not even close.
Youre beta just like lechoke

Lebron23
07-16-2015, 12:11 AM
Youre beta just like lechoke

I just reported you to Jeff. You Kobeta fanboy. Watch some games, You'll see that Manny Mudiay is more NBA ready than D'Angelo Russell.

raprap
07-16-2015, 12:38 AM
Russell. Im never wrong with this shit.

Magic 32
07-16-2015, 12:39 AM
Who will be the better player long-term?

I just reported you to Jeff. You Kobeta fanboy. Watch some games, You'll see that Manny Mudiay is more NBA ready than D'Angelo Russell.

http://i.imgur.com/1oiNyfY.gif

bobopenguin
07-16-2015, 12:41 AM
#teamdarkskin

civil war between dark skin and beige skin and light skin begins.

imnew09
07-16-2015, 12:47 AM

In what aspect you dumb fk. This is only SL and Russel is showing his elite passing vision along with a good step back jumpshot. Once Nba starts Mudiay wouldnt even avg 10 points

Lebron23
07-16-2015, 12:53 AM
In what aspect you dumb fk. This is only SL and Russel is showing his elite passing vision along with a good step back jumpshot. Once Nba starts Mudiay wouldnt even avg 10 points

Hey idiot, Russell is a turn over machine, and slow as $hit. Mudiay can score, and pass. He's like a future John Wall in the making.

And Mudiay so far is a better player and athlete than him.

RRR3
07-16-2015, 12:54 AM
I see LeBron and Kobe somehow entered the topic.

Might as well bring up MICHAEL JORDAN now and get it over with.

Prime_Shaq
07-16-2015, 01:09 AM
Mudiay right now but I think Russell will be the better player in the future