PDA

View Full Version : Report: Cavs and Dellavedova far apart on new contract

Hey Yo
07-15-2015, 04:38 PM
"The Cavaliers and Dellavedova both want reach a new deal that keeps the reserve point guard being the guy off the bench behind Kyrie Irving (Dellavedova is a restricted free agent, the Cavs can match any offer he gets). But they are nowhere near a deal, reports Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.

"Not much movement between the Cavaliers and Matthew Dellavedova on a new contract. A restricted free agent, Dellavedova is seeking a multiyear deal starting at $4 million per season, per a source, and the Cavs have balked, largely due to the enormous luxury tax implications that come with that type of contract. The market has largely dried up

outbreak
07-15-2015, 04:42 PM
I don't imagine he has a lot of other teams offering much. I like him but he had one good play off run but doesn't really look to have the tools to improve through out his career.

Foster5k
07-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Let him walk. He's stock went way down after the Cavs lost the Finals. It's just how it goes. If the Cavs would have won, he might would be getting paid.

Jailblazers7
07-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Delly has no leverage to be honest. I don't see any team in the league that would value Delly more than Cleveland would.

GreggPopazit
07-15-2015, 04:46 PM
I thought they already agreed on a deal. Must have just been an offer.

imnew09
07-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Shouldve gone for Lin 2mil/year...

Look at him wantin 4m/ year lol

WorldWarriors
07-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Well they got Mo Williams back now. Ace in the hole.

I'm wondering about TT. That's who they need to sign ASAP. Are they close yet?

kamil
07-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Cavs should keep him around so LeBrons* voodoo work continues of having opponents get injured.

GreggPopazit
07-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Cavs should keep him around so LeBrons* voodoo work continues of having opponents get injured.

Delly could just physically threaten Dan Gilbert as well.

ihatetimthomas
07-15-2015, 05:07 PM
He brings more than his on court ability. He has grit, toughness and leadership qualities. He is a Derek Fisher type of player. He will do in tangibles that don't show up in the box score and will win you games with those in tangibles. His value is not extremely high bc of playing behind a elite pg, but he provides more than his stats.

Hey Yo
07-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Well they got Mo Williams back now. Ace in the hole.

I'm wondering about TT. That's who they need to sign ASAP. Are they close yet?
Kind of, but right now Mo can more looked as the back-up SG since JR isn't signed. If and until that happens, Delly looks more like the back-up PG (if signed) than Mo does.

Watching Delly drive to the basket and shoot is cringe worthy. Looks scared as hell while doing so.

WorldWarriors
07-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Kind of, but right now Mo can more looked as the back-up SG since JR isn't signed. If and until that happens, Delly looks more like the back-up PG (if signed) than Mo does.

Watching Delly drive to the basket and shoot is cringe worthy. Looks scared as hell while doing so.

Oh snap. I forgot about JR. What is gonna happen with him. I think it was kind of dumb for him to opt out. Has he gotten any offers?

Hey Yo
07-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Not sure about JR. Haven't heard of any real offers.

midatlantic09
07-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Offer him $2 mil a yr and not a penny more. If he doesn't like it, let him walk...

TheBigVeto
07-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Shouldve gone for Lin 2mil/year...

Look at him wantin 4m/ year lol

They don't need Lin.
They need an MVP stoppa like Delly.

mark
07-15-2015, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]"The Cavaliers and Dellavedova both want reach a new deal that keeps the reserve point guard being the guy off the bench behind Kyrie Irving (Dellavedova is a restricted free agent, the Cavs can match any offer he gets). But they are nowhere near a deal, reports Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.

"Not much movement between the Cavaliers and Matthew Dellavedova on a new contract. A restricted free agent, Dellavedova is seeking a multiyear deal starting at $4 million per season, per a source, and the Cavs have balked, largely due to the enormous luxury tax implications that come with that type of contract. The market has largely dried up

Lebron23
07-15-2015, 10:18 PM
His game is easily replaceable. He had some few good games in the playoffs, but he had proven that he was just a 3rd stringer Point guard.

ISHGoat
07-15-2015, 10:24 PM
The guy is a complete joke complete meltdown after his one or two famous games where Curry just had off nights. Reality is his skill set is closer to the D League. I get it though cash out when you can. Something Lin should've done before he was exposed as mediocre. He rejected endorsements.

anyone know why?

LAZERUSS
07-15-2015, 10:30 PM
If this guy makes the NBA minimum, he is basically stealing.

Him, JR Smith, and Shumpert...

"The Three Stooges."

Lebron23
07-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Cavaliers needs to resign JR Smith.

Kvnzhangyay
07-15-2015, 11:34 PM

"The Three Stooges."

Shumpert and JR Smith are MILES better than Delly...

Cocaine80s
07-15-2015, 11:36 PM
Cavs dont need him now that they got Mo

Lebron23
07-15-2015, 11:59 PM
Cavs dont need him now that they got Mo

This

They might as well sign some point guard in the D-League. Trust me bro I like the under dog story, but let's be real Delly's role can be replace by any point guards in the league.

nzahir
07-16-2015, 12:05 AM
Who does delly think he is? Good, tough defender but he can barely dribble for an nba player. Looked shook when he had to create some offense. He can hit the spot up when open at a good rate(besides the finals), but one of worst finishers in the league.

plowking
07-16-2015, 02:24 AM
He brings more than his on court ability. He has grit, toughness and leadership qualities. He is a Derek Fisher type of player. He will do in tangibles that don't show up in the box score and will win you games with those in tangibles. His value is not extremely high bc of playing behind a elite pg, but he provides more than his stats.

He isn't half the player, hell even quarter of the player Fisher was. This coming from a fellow Aussie. :oldlol:

plowking
07-16-2015, 02:24 AM

"The Three Stooges."

JR and Shumpert are quality players. Delly not so much. Great defender though.

coin24
07-16-2015, 02:54 AM
He isn't half the player, hell even quarter of the player Fisher was. This coming from a fellow Aussie. :oldlol:

Delly is fkn garbage at best, he should take whatever the cavs offer:oldlol:
Obviously no one else wants that downy scrub

Prime_Shaq
07-16-2015, 06:22 AM
They don't even need Delly with Irving + Mo

Nash
07-16-2015, 06:28 AM
lol at cavs offering tristan 85m but have an issue with paying poor Delly 2m more.

DukeDelonte13
07-16-2015, 07:35 AM
he's only real skill is defense, unless you want to count not being a dumb ass as a skill. He plays within his limits.

He's there for defense AND insurance incase Kyrie and/or Mo go down.

Good to have on the roster for the right price.

Nash
07-16-2015, 07:57 AM
he's only real skill is defense, unless you want to count not being a dumb ass as a skill. He plays within his limits.

He's there for defense AND insurance incase Kyrie and/or Mo go down.

Good to have on the roster for the right price.
well since irving and mo williams don't exactly play tough defense delly is needed

BigTicket
07-16-2015, 07:58 AM
The real problem for the Cavs is that Shumpert was already overpaid so much, which makes it harder to sign other players to reasonable deals.

Delly is worth $8-10M over 4 years, but I don't blame him for trying to get more, I would do the same in his position.

coin24
07-16-2015, 08:09 AM
The real problem for the Cavs is that Shumpert was already overpaid so much, which makes it harder to sign other players to reasonable deals.

Delly is worth $8-10M over 4 years, but I don't blame him for trying to get more, I would do the same in his position.

They majorly overpaid shump. What's going on with JR? Both of those guys are like 100 times better than delly. He's seriously only worth like $1m per, obviously he wants more and who wouldn't try in that situation, but honestly he is garbage and could be replaced with any backups backup pg..

midatlantic09
07-16-2015, 08:36 AM
They majorly overpaid shump. What's going on with JR? Both of those guys are like 100 times better than delly. He's seriously only worth like $1m per, obviously he wants more and who wouldn't try in that situation, but honestly he is garbage and could be replaced with any backups backup pg..

BUT....BUT...he's a TREMENDOUS wing defender!

:lol

knickballer
07-16-2015, 10:12 AM
BUT....BUT...he's a TREMENDOUS wing defender!

:lol

Lmao. Shumpert is extremely overrated and I think most people think he's good because he has "swag".

He's a horrible offensive player. In the finals it was apparent how bad he was when he was missing wide open layups. Delly was bringing the ball up because atleast Delly has some vision and passing skills even if Delly has atrocious handling skill. Only thing he's got going for him offensively is that he's an okay shooter and athletic.

DukeDelonte13
07-16-2015, 10:15 AM
well since irving and mo williams don't exactly play tough defense delly is needed

Shump is a lockdown defender and JR is an above average defender.

AirTupac
07-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Shump is a lockdown defender and JR is an above average defender.

JR is an average defender.

bobopenguin
07-16-2015, 11:11 AM
what? this trash want 10mil a year contract too?
the league is going to lock out soon.

Derka
07-16-2015, 11:13 AM
I don't care how high your cap is, you don't pay that guy $4 million a f*cking year.

TheMilkyBarKid
07-16-2015, 11:18 AM
They should start talking to Norris Cole.

TylerOO
07-16-2015, 11:22 AM
OH DARN WE CANT LOSE DELADIVA.

Who cares

AcquiringSteak
07-16-2015, 11:28 AM
LOL no player is bigger than the club

except maybe LeBron

Overdrive
07-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Anything above the league minimum is too much. His game isn't even build on D, it's build on hustle and toughness. He's basically a bruiser at the PG position. Put any other scrub who's willing to put his body on the line on the court and you'll have the same outcome.

Nastradamus
07-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Lol what? He gets the minimum or see ya

Nastradamus
07-16-2015, 11:51 AM

Shumpert's actually projected to outperform his deal fwiw