PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Get New Arena

FireDavidKahn
07-15-2015, 09:43 PM
But cut funding to education:roll:

StreetHistory
‏@streethistory
Wisconsin Senate votes to give $250 Mil to Bucks but they cut Education and a bunch of other programs 😡😡😡

:facepalm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Magic 32
07-15-2015, 09:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwJt4bcnXs

Bernkastel
07-15-2015, 09:48 PM
Wisconsin stays winning.

outbreak
07-15-2015, 10:18 PM
In 10 years time it'll be called the Giannisdome

Dr. Ice
07-15-2015, 10:20 PM
Good job milwaukee, always good to see a city keep their team.

FireDavidKahn
07-15-2015, 10:23 PM
Good job milwaukee, always good to see a city keep their team.
I'm glad Milwaukee is keeping their team, I really am. But cutting funding to education and then giving money to a sports team is baffling.

outbreak
07-15-2015, 10:29 PM
I'm glad Milwaukee is keeping their team, I really am. But cutting funding to education and then giving money to a sports team is baffling.
Do you really need an education when you live in Milwaukee? Anyone who's intelligent leaves to get educated elsewhere don't they?

kentatm
07-15-2015, 10:30 PM

well... Scott Walker is the gov there so its not a shock their state govt would do shit like that.

Haymaker
07-15-2015, 10:37 PM
well... Scott Walker is the gov there so its not a shock their state govt would do shit like that.

Yeah, legit piece of shit.

Legends66NBA7
07-15-2015, 10:53 PM
Milwaukee is the lowest valued team in the league. I can see why they had to cut costs for education to do this.

FireDavidKahn
07-15-2015, 11:18 PM
Milwaukee is the lowest valued team in the league. I can see why they had to cut costs for education to do this.
There's been many studies done that indicate sports teams do nothing for a cities economy save for a few outliers

Sportal
07-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Another riot inbound? Geez, pretty cut-throat there... Sports team or education..

kamil
07-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Milwuakee citizens should be outraged. Not only are they footing the bill, the Bucks are a joke and on top of that, their education funding of a quarter of a billion dollars is being cut to build something that the team owner should be paying for?

I definitely expect riots.

HurricaneKid
07-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Milwuakee citizens should be outraged. Not only are they footing the bill, the Bucks are a joke and on top of that, their education funding of a quarter of a billion dollars is being cut to build something that the team owner should be paying for?

Bucks are a joke? They have the best U25 core in the NBA. The new owners have completely reinvigorated the franchise in just one year.

Education is a completely separate issue. And yes, that is totally a Walker thing.

When the new building opens the salary cap will be set at 108M. The state income taxes on players, if that cap number stays the same over 30 years, will be > the $250M (which is capped) the City/State/County will be contributing.

I don't disagree that the state shouldn't be footing the bill. But if they don't the Bucks can EASILY find cities that WOULD. So your principle stand directly leads to the loss of the team. And paying < half of the costs is a lot better than almost any other arena/stadium deal in recent memory.

BasedTom
07-16-2015, 12:48 PM

The Cavs are in the same division...

RidonKs
07-16-2015, 12:51 PM

riots would be more likely to come from sports fans if the government refused that quarter billion

Bobcats2013
07-16-2015, 02:52 PM
The Bucks have a young roster on the come up and will be relevant for the next 4-6 years, maybe even title contenders. So I get why they did it.