PDA

View Full Version : Nick Calathes Signed With Euroleague Team Panathinaikos Athens

Euroleague
07-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Nick Calathes left the Memphis Grizzlies and signed with Greek Euroleague team Panathinaikos Athens on a 3 year contract at an NBA equivalent salary (dollars and gross) of $14 million dollars.

SpecialQue
07-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Interesting. I wonder if he'll do as well as Goudelock.

Sarcastic
07-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Who?

Euroleague
07-16-2015, 07:03 PM

Goudelock got cut from both of the teams he played with in Europe, so I would hope so.

Goudelock is way more talented, as he's a great shooter (Calathes is a horrible shooter) and Goudelock is way more athletic.

But Goudelock does absolutely nothing but shoot. He is a shoot only player and does nothing other than that.

That is why he has been cut from every single professional team he has ever played on.

Calathes is a borderline scrub, but he is a better all around player, simply because he actually tries and gives a damn.

He won't get cut by his team.

Still, a fatal signing by Panathinaikos. You should never sign a point guard that can't shoot.

SpecialQue
07-16-2015, 07:03 PM
He averaged 4.6 PPG when he was on the Grizzlies for two seasons.

Needless to say, he's a Euroleague champion. Look it up. :lol

SpecialQue
07-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Goudelock got cut from both of the teams he played with in Europe, so I would hope so.

Goudelock is way more talented, as he's a great shooter (Calathes is a horrible shooter) and Goudelock is way more athletic.

But Goudelock does absolutely nothing but shoot. He is a shoot only player and does noting other than that.

That is why he has been cut from every single professional team he has ever played on.

Calathes is a borderline scrub, but he is a better all around player, simply because he actually tries and gives a damn.

He won't get cut by his team.

Still, a fatal signing by Panathinaikos. You should never sign a point guard that can't shoot.

Wow, you didn't use profanities or tell me to die in this post. I guess Jeff's post really got through to you.

Euroleague
07-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Wow, you didn't use profanities or tell me to die in this post. I guess Jeff's post really got through to you.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

MP.Trey
07-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Another NBA bench warmer signs to the Euroleague. Yawn.

imnew09
07-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Damn Euroleague gon be busy building statues for these Nba bench warmer soon to be Euro Mvp

bluechox2
07-16-2015, 07:16 PM
He averaged 4.6 PPG when he was on the Grizzlies for two seasons.

Needless to say, he's a Euroleague champion. Look it up. :lol
that translates to about 35ppg there

Nash
07-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Nope. 3 year, $7 million dollar total deal.

The usual Euroleague lies.

Emiliano Carchia: Nick Calathes signed the 3-year, $7M deal with Panathinaikos.
im guessing that is his net salary. The equivalent salary in the NBA would be 14M since in the nba they present the salary in gross.

Euroleague
07-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Nope. 3 year, $7 million dollar total deal.

The usual Euroleague lies.

Emiliano Carchia: Nick Calathes signed the 3-year, $7M deal with Panathinaikos.

The salaries in Europe are net idiot. This has been explained to you over 1,000 times already.

Jeff already told you to stop trolling and be nice and STOP it over these same exact kind of issues - in fact THIS EXACT issue.

I will report you if you don't stop it.

Euroleague
07-16-2015, 07:30 PM
that translates to about 35ppg there

I don't see how, considering 4.6 is also about what he averaged in Europe when he played there.

Droid101
07-16-2015, 07:36 PM
It is a FACT all salaries in Europe are reported in NET INCOME and NBA in gross income.

https://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/citation-needed.jpg

outbreak
07-16-2015, 07:42 PM
That's it. Reporting you directly to Jeff. He told you to STOP with the trolling and stirring up shit over these exact issues.

It is a FACT all salaries in Europe are reported in NET INCOME and NBA in gross income.

You are being reported to Jeff now.

Can you please answer my question from an earlier thread?

I understand that euroleague lists the salaries as net income. But where do you come up with the EXACT gross figure? I thought to get a gross you would need to know all their expenses which are unlisted?

Droid101
07-16-2015, 07:43 PM
You have been given about 50 already.
Link one.

Nash
07-16-2015, 07:44 PM
https://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/citation-needed.jpg
actually its true, same thing in soccer.

outbreak
07-16-2015, 07:50 PM
actually its true, same thing in soccer.

Maybe you can answer me then. How do you come up with the exact salary when doing the conversion? It should be an estimate without all their expense shouldn't it? especially when it's policy not to release all the terms?

HylianNightmare
07-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Nice to see him get payed more than he'd make in the league, still sad to see him go though

Rooster
07-16-2015, 08:26 PM

Goudeluck was the Euroleague 2nd leading scorer:bowdown:

If he has Greek blood running through his veins, he would have been naturalized

And given a Greek passport

Just like Calathes.:oldlol:

Choke94
07-17-2015, 07:42 AM
The million Euro question is; how can Panathinaikos afford him???!!

PAOK
07-17-2015, 07:50 AM
The million Euro question is; how can Panathinaikos afford him???!!

because the team's owner is a bilionaire pharmaceuticals-tycoon
:confusedshrug:

also, all reported european sports salaries are NET, and taking into consideration the greek tax laws, 7 mil NET is around 12-14 mil GROSS

Choke94
07-17-2015, 07:52 AM
I know who the owner is, I've heard that VIANEX has been in a tough spot the last few years, that's why I'm surprised.... Guess I heard wrong:pimp:

zeerghit
07-17-2015, 10:51 AM
Damn Euroleague gon be busy building statues for these Nba bench warmer soon to be Euro Mvp

guess the stats
7.4 ppg 3 reb 1.6 ast on 44/37 shooting
16.4 ppg 3.7 reb 6.6 ast on 48/36 shooting same player same years
we called him scrub in euroleague

HoopologyPhD
07-17-2015, 12:28 PM
This guy made Delly look like a legit NBA player during last year's playoffs.

I have never seen a bigger scrub on both ends of the floor as this guy when he started game 1 against GS.

You could have put a cardboard cutout of Conley on the court for game 1 and it would have had more of an impact on the game and probably would have guarded Curry equally well.

kentatm
07-17-2015, 01:25 PM
The salaries in Europe are net idiot. This has been explained to you over 1,000 times already.

Jeff already told you to stop trolling and be nice and STOP it over these same exact kind of issues - in fact THIS EXACT issue.

I will report you if you don't stop it.

he also told us all to be nicer

seems like you didnt listen to Jeff

par for the course

Rooster
07-17-2015, 01:31 PM
guess the stats
7.4 ppg 3 reb 1.6 ast on 44/37 shooting
16.4 ppg 3.7 reb 6.6 ast on 48/36 shooting same player same years
we called him scrub in euroleague

So why do scrubs like Shved, Freeland and Calathes are getting paid like stars on that minor league.:facepalm :rolleyes:

Something does not add up here.:oldlol:

zeerghit
07-18-2015, 01:02 AM
So why do scrubs like Shved, Freeland and Calathes are getting paid like stars on that minor league.:facepalm :rolleyes:

Something does not add up here.:oldlol:

why u answer question with question?

brooks_thompson
07-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Sayonara, wussy boy.

Beno Udrih was a godsend for the Grizzlies.