PDA

View Full Version : How much of your own money you actually see nowadays?

Tarik One
07-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Certain most people handle most of their business online.

I get virtually no mail. I'm 100% paperless when it comes to bills. As far as cash goes, I only see about $80 - $100 of actual paper money a month maximum.

How much of your money do you get your hands on?

PistonsFan#21
07-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Certain most people handle most of their business online.

I get virtually no mail. I'm 100% paperless when it comes to bills. As far as cash goes, I only see about $80 - $100 of actual paper money a month maximum.

How much of your money do you get your hands on?

not more than $200 per month. I pay almost everything with the debit/credit card

enayes
07-17-2015, 01:28 AM
I keep a $10 bill in my wallet, it's been there for a couple months now. I pick up/steal change whenever I see it and place it in my Vitamin Water piggy bank.

And that's it, everything is credit cards and racking up the cash back/rewards.

Raymone
07-17-2015, 01:39 AM
I always keep cash on me. Usually no more than a few hundred.

I use credit too, but you fools who are all cards and no cash will eventually end up regretting it in a bind.

enayes
07-17-2015, 01:42 AM
I always keep cash on me. Usually no more than a few hundred.

I use credit too, but you fools who are all cards and no cash will eventually end up regretting it in a bind.

Give some examples to back up this statement.

DCL
07-17-2015, 09:04 AM
you still need cash for so many things.

don't be that assho!e who pays parking with a fking credit card when there are 10 other cars behind you.

JohnnySic
07-17-2015, 09:08 AM
I try to keep $50-$100 n my wallet. I prefer to pay for small everyday purchases in cash.

Thorpesaurous
07-17-2015, 09:57 AM
I usually keep about 300 bucks cash on me. I keep a 100 dollar bill on me that I may go six months without breaking. And then I usually keep another 200 bucks. My bills and paystub are all digital. But I like paying cash in most small social situations. Lunch, drinks, movies. For me it keeps my checking steadier. Big dinners or stuff I'll pay with credit, but I usually tip in cash.

Those numbers can be skewed heavily during gambling seasons of football and basketball. I may pull more cash, but often am walking around with more. A good payday from gambling, like I got after the NBA playoffs, usually means I won't withdraw cash from my account for 6- 8 weeks. That's a nice boon.

enayes
07-17-2015, 11:32 AM
I try to keep $50-$100 n my wallet. I prefer to pay for small everyday purchases in cash.

Why?

Benefits of using credit for everyday purchases:
1. Easy to use, just swipe
2. Earn cash back rewards on everything, actually SAVE money
3. No fumbling with change

Benefits of using cash:
1. :confusedshrug:
2. :confusedshrug:
3. :confusedshrug:

highwhey
07-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Always keep cash.

There are a couple restaurants i visit that only accept cash. That and some gas stations will charge a couple more cents per gallon on gas if you use your debit.

UK2K
07-17-2015, 12:36 PM
I havent used cash in... a long long time.

Its 2015.

Yeah my account will probably be wiped out but... shit happens.

riseagainst
07-17-2015, 12:47 PM
i rob banks. So all i have are cash.

Riley Martin
07-17-2015, 12:52 PM
Give some examples to back up this statement.

If your country suddenly becomes Greece in 2015 then you'd probably rather have cash than plastic.

Velocirap31
07-17-2015, 12:59 PM
The only people with large amounts of cash are drug dealers.

Riley Martin
07-17-2015, 01:05 PM
The only people with large amounts of cash are drug dealers.

Large like thousands? Probably true.

Yoda
07-17-2015, 01:17 PM
If cash you have, without Yoda you may never be.

http://www.gisforgift.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/cash-money-yoda-gift.png

West-Side
07-17-2015, 01:27 PM
I use online banking for everything; pre-authorize all my payments and keep my budget updated on excel. I even lend money to friends and family via e-transfers. I have a 78k a year job but I'm honestly so broke. I pay so much towards my students loans and line of credits and visa a month; roughly $1,000 in interest & principal payments, sigh.

My mom keeps telling me to start dating and have a dual income, but I'm not willing to just settle. :oldlol:

I definitely wish I had rich parents who would just pay for my education; I'd have so much more discretionary income.

I use my debit and credit cards to pay for every-thing. When I go out I'd probably withdraw money (like 60/80 bucks) and leave my cards at home; because I don't know my limits when I party.

I'm pretty careful with my money and I still feel broke despite having a decent paying job.

**** you graduate school!