PDA

View Full Version : Fire Byron

triangleoffense
07-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Believe

kennethgriffin
07-17-2015, 07:57 PM
How many black coaches have won a title

I feel players get too comfy playing for them cause they feel like they can be the coaches friend and slack off more. But when its a white coach they dont connect on a personal level as well. So they cant take a night off and rely on their "boi" to shrug it off

Remember how the lakers goofed around last season... the boston game. Kobes reaction...

Does that happen if a white guy was their coach

KendrickPerkins
07-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Doc in '08 was the last negro coach.

The last negro coach to win it all before Doc?

K.C. Jones in '86.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2015, 08:25 PM
The fact that he hired Mark Madsen to be a part of his staff really makes me question him...Thibs would be nice.

Akrazotile
07-17-2015, 08:26 PM

I feel players get too comfy playing for them cause they feel like they can be the coaches friend and slack off more. But when its a white coach they dont connect on a personal level as well. So they cant take a night off and rely on their "boi" to shrug it off

Remember how the lakers goofed around last season... the boston game. Kobes reaction...

:roll:

That line gave me generous lulz

buddha
07-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Thibs would be an upgrade but he isn't a great coach lol.

only way Thibs is ever winning a championship is with the best roster in the league.

mehyaM24
07-17-2015, 08:39 PM

doc is a no nonsense type of guy, so i don't think your point stands. it sounds kind of racist tbh

buddha
07-17-2015, 08:44 PM
doc is a no nonsense type of guy, so i don't think your point stands. it sounds kind of racist tbh

it is racist but stereotypes exist for a reason.

and there's varying levels of racism and this type isn't a problem.

FKAri
07-17-2015, 09:06 PM

I see what youre saying. Too many nigguhs in one group need a master.

Foster5k
07-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Lol. This thread shows we have a long way to go in America.

Akrazotile
07-17-2015, 09:16 PM
Lol. This thread shows we have a long way to go in America.

Until everyone has the same opinions and/or sense of humor as you have/approve of...?

Or... what?

TheMarkMadsen
07-17-2015, 09:24 PM
The fact that he hired Mark Madsen to be a part of his staff really makes me question him...Thibs would be nice.

underrated signing

triangleoffense
07-17-2015, 10:15 PM

They just face too many obstacles.. White coaches get in easier with the owners.. thus being able to grease the wheels easier for sign and trades etc.. real talk.

There are exceptions like KC Jones, Doc Rivers, etc but Spo and Steve Kerr taking over for Mark Jackson and winning it right away with the same squad are good examples.. shameful but true.

FKAri
07-17-2015, 11:06 PM
They just face too many obstacles.. White coaches get in easier with the owners.. thus being able to grease the wheels easier for sign and trades etc.. real talk.

There are exceptions like KC Jones, Doc Rivers, etc but Spo and Steve Kerr taking over for Mark Jackson and winning it right away with the same squad are good examples.. shameful but true.

Spo aint white

kennethgriffin
07-18-2015, 12:04 AM
theres a reason why black players always refer to black coaches as "a players coach"

they feel less pressure. take it easy knowing one of their own is in charge.

its not winning basketball

a player should be scared of their coach

its obvious the warriors worked 5 times harder under kerr than they did under jackson