PDA

View Full Version : we gonna act like D'angelo didn't absolutely go off today?

STATUTORY
07-17-2015, 10:34 PM
haters couldn't get his name out of their mouth and now he entering his prime they silent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObhZlLVhcTY

Millslapped
07-17-2015, 10:35 PM
yay 21 points! SL MVP!!!

OnFire
07-17-2015, 10:35 PM
no, we just know its summer league... How's Glen Rice Jr doing with his 35ppg or whatever in the summer league last year lol.

Millslapped
07-17-2015, 10:37 PM
21 points on 20 shots :applause:

asd
07-17-2015, 10:38 PM
21 points on 20 shots

more turnovers than assists

lowest +/- out of everyone on his team

lost the game

He da bess, yo!

:rockon:

OnFire
07-17-2015, 10:38 PM

Ready to step right in for Kobe.

STATUTORY
07-17-2015, 10:39 PM
salty af cuz D'Angelo and Randle gonna be running them corners like Barksdale and Weybey for the next decade or so

:applause:

SuperPippen
07-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Threads like this are why people are gonna love to hate on D for years to come.

Carbine
07-17-2015, 10:43 PM
Court vision and his fundamentals will overcome his athletic short comings. He's not unathletic, just not a guy who will out athlete other players which is fine.

He will be a success, I believe.

Braincells
07-17-2015, 10:43 PM

lol... why would people hate on a player because of a few bad apple fans? It's not D'Angelo's fault he's playing for the most outspoken and largest fanbase.

Here's an interview of him being disappointed with his summer league games (despite the good game he just had): http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/150717post_russell

The kid is very humble.

STATUTORY
07-17-2015, 10:45 PM
lol... why would people hate on a player because of a few bad apple fans? It's not D'Angelo's fault he's playing for the most outspoken and largest fanbase.

Here's an interview of him being disappointed with his summer league games (despite the good game he just had): http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/150717post_russell

The kid is very humble.

kobe-esque drive and work ethic

FKAri
07-17-2015, 10:47 PM
no, we just know its summer league... How's Glen Rice Jr doing with his 35ppg or whatever in the summer league last year lol.

He's killing it again this year!

Glenn Rice Jr. Summer League GOAT! :bowdown:

Thunderfan86
07-17-2015, 10:49 PM
salty af cuz D'Angelo and Randle gonna be running them corners like Barksdale and Weybey for the next decade or so

Meh......Marlow, Chris, and Snoop's crew is where it's at my nikka

Smoke117
07-17-2015, 10:53 PM

He's not going to be good enough to bother hating on.

RRR3
07-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Yeah in a way. Hopefully these stans don't repeat their mistake and find a "rival" to hate on incessantly and create a rival stanbase.

Foster5k
07-17-2015, 10:56 PM
So far, I haven't been impressed by him. Everyone says he has great court vision and is an elite passer, however he has more turnovers than assist. He also can't shoot and lacks elite athleticism. It is just Summer League. So, the jury is still out.

RRR3
07-17-2015, 10:57 PM
He can shoot. Smooth shot and great percentages in college.

nzahir
07-17-2015, 10:58 PM
Damn he really looking up to kobe

Nets fan 93
07-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Can this dude just get his own thread already?

Foster5k
07-17-2015, 11:00 PM
He can shoot. Smooth shot and great percentages in college.
Keyword is college. This is the NBA. So far, his shooting has been horrible. Besides that, everyone praises him for his so called elite court vision and passing. However, as stated, he has more turnovers than assist. I'm just judging from what I've seen so far. It's only Summer League, so nothing is set in stone.

STATUTORY
07-17-2015, 11:01 PM
So far, I haven't been impressed by him. Everyone says he has great court vision and is an elite passer, however he has more turnovers than assist. He also can't shoot and lacks elite athleticism. It is just Summer League. So, the jury is still out.

the only reason he has turnovers is because he's hitting open guys who don't even know they are open

wait till an intelligent basketball player like kobe is on the receiving end of his passes

Braincells
07-17-2015, 11:01 PM

I'm not putting much stock in summer league either, but a lot of those turnovers were the result of his teammates being out of place. He kind of vindicated himself against Dallas last game and showed some amazing passes. Also doesn't help that Scott wants to run an archaic offense that limits his abilities. SL is really more about transitioning to NBA level ball.

And he can shoot. He demonstrated his midrange game pretty well tonight IMO. Teams won't be able to slack on him on the perimeter. Has a little bit of Curry in his game.

Foster5k
07-17-2015, 11:05 PM
And he can shoot. He demonstrated his midrange game pretty well tonight IMO. Teams won't be able to slack on him on the perimeter. Has a little bit of Curry in his game.
His shooting has been bad so far. Even tonight, 21 points on 20 shots.

Braincells
07-17-2015, 11:09 PM
His shooting has been bad so far. Even tonight, 21 points on 20 shots.

On 50% shooting though, so I'll take it. The gimme jumpers he missed last game finally went in. It's just an adjustment period for him. I'm sure the kid will be fine.

Foster5k
07-17-2015, 11:12 PM
On 50% shooting though, so I'll take it. The gimme jumpers he missed last game finally went in. It's just an adjustment period for him. I'm sure the kid will be fine.
Yes, tonight was one of his better shooting performances. However, it's still far from being a great shooter. However, that isn't even the point. The point is, everyone praises this guy, not for his shooting, but for his so called elite court vision and passing ability. So far, I haven't seen it. He has more turnovers than assist. Again, it's only Summer League. It's impossible to tell how bad/great this kid will become as of now.

STATUTORY
07-17-2015, 11:14 PM
Yes, tonight was one of his better shooting performances. However, it's still far from being a great shooter. However, that isn't even the point. The point is, everyone praises this guy, not for his shooting, but for his so called elite court vision and passing ability. So far, I haven't seen it. He has more turnovers than assist. Again, it's only Summer League. It's impossible to tell how bad/great this kid will become as of now.

shot 45% from the field in SL even when he was off, better than Mudiay...

Millslapped
07-17-2015, 11:23 PM
shot 45% from the field in SL even when he was off, better than Mudiay...
lol he was shooting 31% before this

Lakers Fan
07-18-2015, 01:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObhZlLVhcTY

644 comments

You don't see that very often.

Ass Dan
07-18-2015, 01:41 AM
If this is going off it is gonna be a long decade for the Lakers.

Kobe will never let him chuck like that, only one chucker in Tinsletown.

Lakers chasing the pack and not leading, sad to see.

Last wave of players were perimeter, that ended with Jabari and Wiggins.

This next wave is bigs, and the KATs, Jahs, WCSs, Pork-zingers, BigFranks will be what this draft is remembered for, not the bust at 2.

senelcoolidge
07-18-2015, 01:42 AM
21 points on 20 shots. 1 ast 3 turnovers. I think he's averaging more turnovers than assists.
Not really impressive but I guess it's some improvement.

RoseCity07
07-18-2015, 01:59 AM
He's a bust already.:oldlol: So slow out there.

Jarryd Bayless average 30 PPG in summer league. This guy is barely getting 20 on horrible efficiency. Can't wait for Lillard to torch him.

nathanjizzle
07-18-2015, 01:59 AM
most of those shots were the same shots:biggums:

Lakers Fan
07-18-2015, 02:25 AM
21 points on 20 shots. 1 ast 3 turnovers. I think he's averaging more turnovers than assists.

After another half of his teammates dropping passes and/or not being ready for them, DLo said screw it in the 2nd half and looked for his own shot. He was doing so well his teammates froze him out the last 3 minutes or they would have won, and he would have had a lot more than 22, dude was on fire. Seriously, watch the games, he has been spoon feeding these guys but they still can't finish. You can only imagine how frustrated DLo has been this whole series.

He's a bust already.:oldlol: So slow out there.

Jarryd Bayless average 30 PPG in summer league. This guy is barely getting 20 on horrible efficiency

50% FG% is "horrible"? :biggums:

dazzer87
07-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Damn looking like Kobrick already......:bowdown:

Mr. Jabbar
07-18-2015, 03:33 AM
feel bad for the rest of the league

outbreak
07-18-2015, 03:42 AM
20 pts 20 shots since when is that absolutely going off? Tyler harvey did better in the Orlando summer league and we didn't make a thread about that

bigkingsfan
07-18-2015, 03:52 AM
Ramon Sessions Jr

buddha
07-18-2015, 04:57 AM

0 free throws

makes no sense when people act like 21 points on 15 shots with 10 freethrows is any different than 21 points on 20 shots.

BoutPractice
07-18-2015, 05:02 AM
Talented as hell, has an arrogant air about him, plays for the Lakers… I'd be surprised if Russell doesn't become one of the most hated players in the league.

Chief Keef
07-18-2015, 05:10 AM
0 free throws

makes no sense when people act like 21 points on 15 shots with 10 freethrows is any different than 21 points on 20 shots.

Dude couldn't even get to the line once? Soft

SyRyanYang
07-18-2015, 05:55 AM
Haters gonna hate. Mentally healthy people don't hate on a person because his fans are notorious.

clipps
07-18-2015, 06:08 AM
Mudiay > Russell.

MJ(Mean John)
07-18-2015, 06:29 AM
Keyword is college. This is the NBA. So far, his shooting has been horrible. Besides that, everyone praises him for his so called elite court vision and passing. However, as stated, he has more turnovers than assist. I'm just judging from what I've seen so far. It's only Summer League, so nothing is set in stone.

You have to take into account

1. He's 19
2. He's passing to Tarik Black and Larry Nance, Jr.
3. He hasn't played with these guys
4. Doesn't know the offense
5. Makes a lot of passes teammates aren't catching
6. Oh. It's the 5th game of summer league.
7. I SAID SUMMER LEAGUE.

With all that said, Kid is going to be nice. His passes are nice and he sees and us an ability to throw passes all different types of ways and Angles.

Kid had a sweet jumpshot and a really nice handle.

He's a decent defender and a decent athlete. He's 6'5 but he's got the skinniest legs. He's going to struggle against guys like Westbrook who will punk him in the post.

I see a Nash/Harden/Ginobili hybrid. He's very crafty. NOT saying he'll be as good as any of those guys, just saying the way he plays and that was going back to college. However, in summer league, it seems he's trying really hard to pass and isn't really looking for his shot (Sans last game) like he was at Ohio State. He was much more shoot first in college.

We'll see. I think the kid will be good.

senelcoolidge
07-18-2015, 07:49 AM
0 free throws

He has no first step or explosion, he can't drive to the basket or get into the paint. I mean it's his best game so far even with the turnovers..isn't he D' angelo Turnover, whatever his nickname is. The excuse that his passing is too good for others to catch is silly.

STATUTORY
07-18-2015, 08:15 AM
He has no first step or explosion, he can't drive to the basket or get into the paint. I mean it's his best game so far even with the turnovers..isn't he D' angelo Turnover, whatever his nickname is. The excuse that his passing is too good for others to catch is silly.

dude has that lateral dribble to get himself an open shot off anytime he want...:rolleyes:

outbreak
07-18-2015, 08:18 AM
dude has that lateral dribble to get himself an open shot off anytime he want...:rolleyes:
So what you are saying is he CHOOSES to be playing like shit?

pastis
07-18-2015, 08:21 AM
he is just 19! lets see how he plays and develop this season before judging.
will he be an all time great? well the chances arent that high, especially if you see other young prospects at the time like AD, Durant, Lebron etc.

Will he be an all-star calibre player? yes, he has all the chances!

so lets just wait and see

outbreak
07-18-2015, 08:27 AM
he is just 19! lets see how he plays and develop this season before judging.
will he be an all time great? well the chances arent that high, especially if you see other young prospects at the time like AD, Durant, Lebron etc.

Will he be an all-star calibre player? yes, he has all the chances!

so lets just wait and see
That's the correct attitude, stop over hyping and stop over reacting imo

STATUTORY
07-18-2015, 08:35 AM
So what you are saying is he CHOOSES to be playing like shit?

has hasn't though, for all the props mudiay has gotten this SL, Russell has comparable overall numbers, better fg%, more rebounds, fewer points, more assists

and he was taking the same open shots in the other games, they just weren't going in all short. But he obviously has ability to make those shots, you can't judge basd on results but based on the process

Lakers Fan
07-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Mudiay > Russell.

Mudiay's line was 8 points, 1 assist and 7 TOs.

outbreak
07-18-2015, 10:43 AM
has hasn't though, for all the props mudiay has gotten this SL, Russell has comparable overall numbers, better fg%, more rebounds, fewer points, more assists

and he was taking the same open shots in the other games, they just weren't going in all short. But he obviously has ability to make those shots, you can't judge basd on results but based on the process

Mudiay - 12PPG, 3.5RB, 5.8APG 38% FG
Russell - 11.8PPG, 5.2RB, 3.2APG, 37% FG

SO he hasn't had a better FG% and he hasn't had more assists. He's also had more turnovers. It's not about the stats though it's about how they've played, Mudiay looked like his game was ready to contribute at the NBA level right away where as Russell looks like he needs work before you'd feel comfortable playing him. Their both young but I don't see any way you can say Russell looked as good as Mudiay unless you are being biased.

Optimus Prime
07-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Waste of a rare high draft pick for the Lakers. :facepalm

Lakers Fan
07-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Mudiay - 12PPG, 3.5RB, 5.8APG 38% FG
Russell - 11.8PPG, 5.2RB, 3.2APG, 37% FG

SO he hasn't had a better FG% and he hasn't had more assists. He's also had more turnovers. It's not about the stats though it's about how they've played, Mudiay looked like his game was ready to contribute at the NBA level right away where as Russell looks like he needs work before you'd feel comfortable playing him. Their both young but I don't see any way you can say Russell looked as good as Mudiay unless you are being biased.

I like how you rounded up the FG% for Mudiay but not Russell. :oldlol: .377 vs .385.

In any case Russell ended up on a high note and Mudiay ended playing like crap. Actually Russell didn't do crap the first half of his last game when he continued to try to get his teammates involved but they continued to have the lack of awareness of his passes. So he decided to look for his own shot and absolutely destroyed the Jazz scoring 5 straight baskets at which point his teammates got jealous and froze him out the last few minutes of the game. When DLo starts playing with a regular roster of NBA level players and develops some chemistry, he's gonna be good, really good. The chaotic selfish play of the SL is not really suited to his game though.

AirTupac
07-18-2015, 02:02 PM
I like how you rounded up the FG% for Mudiay but not Russell. :oldlol: .377 vs .385.

In any case Russell ended up on a high note and Mudiay ended playing like crap. Actually Russell didn't do crap the first half of his last game when he continued to try to get his teammates involved but they continued to have the lack of awareness of his passes. So he decided to look for his own shot and absolutely destroyed the Jazz scoring 5 straight baskets at which point his teammates got jealous and froze him out the last few minutes of the game. When DLo starts playing with a regular roster of NBA level players and develops some chemistry, he's gonna be good, really good. The chaotic selfish play of the SL is not really suited to his game though.

100% right. Some of those guys couldnt finish layups which skewed up Russell's assist numbers. Russell will now have training camp, preseason and training with the staff + Nash to deal with. He will become an allstar, I can feel it in my plums.

outbreak
07-18-2015, 05:19 PM

I didnt i went off what was listed from google search its still lower that mudiay which the other post lied about. Any way i think he will be ok its just annoying seeing threads like this. Young guys take time but 20pts on 20shots isnt absolutely going off

raprap
07-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Midrange game on point. :applause:

WorldWarriors
07-18-2015, 07:00 PM
Definite improvement. I think maybe that's what the coaches wanted him to focus on in these last couple of games. The playmaking will get worked on during training camp with the regular squad.

Lakers Fan
07-18-2015, 07:06 PM
I didnt i went off what was listed from google search its still lower that mudiay which the other post lied about. Any way i think he will be ok its just annoying seeing threads like this. Young guys take time but 20pts on 20shots isnt absolutely going off

Actually, if you rounded up Mudiay's FG%, he is still up over Russell 1%, I fired off the post when I was doing something else and not paying attention. So I'm the idiot and shouldn't have brought that up. :oldlol:

outbreak
07-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Actually, if you rounded up Mudiay's FG%, he is still up over Russell 1%, I fired off the post when I was doing something else and not paying attention. So I'm the idiot and shouldn't have brought that up. :oldlol:
Yeah the only reason I posted them was because someone had said things that weren't true. They were pretty close but Mudiay looked immediately better in summer league. That being said if Russell can find ways to get his shot off and connect on passes in the NBA he could be better long term, if Mudiay develops a jump shot he could be better, both are young and we aren't seeing eithers complete games yet.

PickernRoller
07-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Regaining his value....good...good. No doubt in mind we getting Big Cuzz...

Smoke117
07-18-2015, 11:17 PM
laker fans melting down :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DFish24
07-19-2015, 01:02 AM
Laker haters scared cuz Russell is turning into the Lakers next ATG right before their eyes.:lol

AirTupac
07-19-2015, 03:18 AM
Beauty

http://share.gifyoutube.com/vZPQ2V.gif