PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 rooks

WolfGang
07-18-2015, 11:28 AM
I know it's early, but who are your top 5 rooks so far based on what you've seen? Mine are

1: Emmanuel Mudiay - He is easily the best guard in the draft imo. Athletic, quick, can get to the basket and score with contact. He is also a very capable passer and a good leader. A man amongst boys.

2: KAT - Versatility...that is all

3: Kelly Oubre Jr. - Consistent scorer. Attacks the basket with decent quickness. Has the confidence and skills to change the pace of a game. Great potential, weak defender.

4: Jahil Okafor - A much better scorer than given credit for. Knows how to use his size and length. Great foot work for a rook.

5: Devin Booker - The second best guard in the draft imo. Has the best jumper in the draft. Smart, consistent player that moves well without the ball. Sneaky athlete. He can finish above the rim. Doesn't attack the rim and has a weak handle. Could be a dominant force in time if let loose.

Out of all players I think these guys will have the best careers. Do you agree? If not, who you got?

IncarceratedBob
07-18-2015, 11:48 AM
Russell - easily the best guard in the draft imo. Athletic, quick, can get to the basket and score with contact. He is also a very capable passer and a good leader. A man amongst boys.

WolfGang
07-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Russell - easily the best guard in the draft imo. Athletic, quick, can get to the basket and score with contact. He is also a very capable passer and a good leader. A man amongst boys.

How is Russell athletic or quick? :biggums:

Millslapped
07-18-2015, 12:24 PM
KAT
Hezonja
Okafor
Mudiay
Russel

NugzFan
07-18-2015, 12:30 PM

:oldlol:

triangleoffense
07-18-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm a strong believer in the Laker's braintrust but Russell over Towns.. we shall see.

uber
07-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Porzingis (i'm obviously biased but who cares)
KAT
Okafor
Russel
Mudiay

no particular order

branslowski
07-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Op Leaving the best player in the draft out:facepalm

1. Russell
2. Okafor
3. KAT
4 Mudiay
5. Winslow

G0ATbe
07-18-2015, 01:31 PM
D'angelo
Towns
Stanley Johnson
Mudiay
Okafor

Lakers Fan
07-18-2015, 01:37 PM
1. KAT
2. Russell
3. Okafor
4. Mudiay
5. Porzingis

imdaman99
07-18-2015, 01:52 PM
How can I take anyone who doesn't have Zingy on their list seriously? :banana:

longtime lurker
07-18-2015, 03:20 PM
These lists need more Stanley Johnson

Relinquish
07-18-2015, 03:26 PM
I know it's early, but who are your top 5 rooks so far based on what you've seen? Mine are

1: Emmanuel Mudiay - He is easily the best guard in the draft imo. Athletic, quick, can get to the basket and score with contact. He is also a very capable passer and a good leader. A man amongst boys.

2: KAT - Versatility...that is all

3: Kelly Oubre Jr. - Consistent scorer. Attacks the basket with decent quickness. Has the confidence and skills to change the pace of a game. Great potential, weak defender.

4: Jahil Okafor - A much better scorer than given credit for. Knows how to use his size and length. Great foot work for a rook.

5: Devin Booker - The second best guard in the draft imo. Has the best jumper in the draft. Smart, consistent player that moves well without the ball. Sneaky athlete. He can finish above the rim. Doesn't attack the rim and has a weak handle. Could be a dominant force in time if let loose.

Out of all players I think these guys will have the best careers. Do you agree? If not, who you got?

You realize defense is his best trait right? :facepalm

Optimus Prime
07-18-2015, 04:18 PM
NOT D'Angelo Russell :facepalm

pastis
07-18-2015, 04:58 PM
nobody has an eye on Justin Anderson?

i would say:

russel: 16/5/5
Okafor: 16/8/3
Justin Anderson: 10/4/2 (has the full package, especially can create for his own AND playing d)

NugzFan
07-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Everyone just lists the rookie on their favorite team.

pastis
07-18-2015, 05:20 PM
i believe that justin anderson has huge potential. he should have been a top 10 pick at least and not nr. 21.
but good for the mavs. nobody has this dude on his radar.

outbreak
07-18-2015, 05:22 PM
You can tell alot of ish doesn't watch the Orlando summer league

sammichoffate
07-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Okafor
Mudiay
Towns
Johnson
Winslow

NugzFan
07-18-2015, 06:26 PM
i believe that justin anderson has huge potential. he should have been a top 10 pick at least and not nr. 21.
but good for the mavs. nobody has this dude on his radar.

How long until the potential is tapped? Just so I know when to come back to this thread. Thanks.

WolfGang
07-18-2015, 09:12 PM
You realize defense is his best trait right? :facepalm

Really? If so then he should be #1 on my list. I've seen him get a few blocks. Didn't watch him at all in college.

I really don't see how Russell is above Mudiay on anyone's list. This is a league of athletic point guards.

BallsOut
07-18-2015, 10:28 PM
1. KAT
2. Stanley Johnson
3. Myles Turner
4. Jahil Okafor
5. D'Angelo Russell

These 5 guys really impressed me so far and I think their games can translate to the real NBA

PickernRoller
07-18-2015, 10:33 PM
1. D'Angelo Russell.

.....The rest.

D'Angelo Russel + Randle + picks = DeMarcus Cousins.

So in short, Jahil Okafor will win Rookie of the Year....defacto #1.

Sportal
07-18-2015, 10:40 PM
No order:

Stanley Johnson
Mudiay
Myles Turner
KAT
Kelly Ombre

HM: WCS, Montrezl Harrell, Trey Lyles

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-19-2015, 04:13 PM
I won't do SL rankings. I'll do Rookie year rankings and overall projected future rankings.

Rookie year:
1. Okafor
2. Myles Turner
3. KAT
4. Mudiay
5. Russell

Career:
1. KAT
2. Porzingis
3. Russell
4. Okafor
5. Jerian Grant

It's all pretty self-explanatory. Except maybe Turner for dimwits. Basically, I think he tops out pretty quickly. See him as a 14/8 type as a rookie...and his career if he continues to be a starter.

I like Grant a lot. See him as a Reggie Jackson type - fly under the radar, blows up after a few years.

KendrickPerkins
07-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Cameron Payne getting slept on.

OKC LOVES UNDERDOGS WITHE CHIPS ON THEIR SHOULDER.

Look at Westbrook, and even Durant to a certain degree. (always #2)

Dudes gonna outwork everyone in this draft class and surprise a lot of you guys.

He'll be top 5.

KendrickPerkins
07-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Everyone just lists the rookie on their favorite team.
Except fans of OKC actually have credibility. Sam Presti is the best of the best.

smoovegittar
07-19-2015, 05:30 PM
1.) Porzingis
2.) Porzingis
3.) Porzingis
4.) Okafor
5.) WCS

NugzFan
07-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Except fans of OKC actually have credibility. Sam Presti is the best of the best.

Okc has some credibility.

Okc fans have none.

noob cake
07-19-2015, 06:54 PM
KAT does nothing yet people still list him #1. LMAO

I'm going to do this by their draft position and expectation.

Far Exceeds Expectation
Porzingis
Johnson
WCS
Turner

Above Expectation
Okafor
Mudiay
Oubre

At Expectation
Hezonja
Kaminsky

Below Expectation
Towns
Winslow

Disappointment
Russell

Did not watch enough Booker, Payne

ShawkFactory
07-19-2015, 07:29 PM

Far Exceeds Expectation
Porzingis
Johnson
WCS
Turner

Above Expectation
Okafor
Mudiay
Oubre

At Expectation
Hezonja
Kaminsky

Below Expectation
Towns
Winslow

Disappointment
Russell

Why is that weird that people still list him #1? It's a couple SL games. He's still an immense talent.

inclinerator
07-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Alan Williams
Alan Williams
Alan Williams
Alan Williams
Alan Williams

Sportal
07-19-2015, 08:26 PM

Far Exceeds Expectation
Porzingis
Johnson
WCS
Turner

Above Expectation
Okafor
Mudiay
Oubre

At Expectation
Hezonja
Kaminsky

Below Expectation
Towns
Winslow

Disappointment
Russell

Wait, so... You put Porzingis up there... With Oubre with just "above", and KAT with below?

Lmao. You're gonna bash another Wolves #1 pick all year, I see you.

noob cake
07-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Wait, so... You put Porzingis up there... With Oubre with just "above", and KAT with below?

Lmao. You're gonna bash another Wolves #1 pick all year, I see you.

Wiggins is a bust. Towns is a solid player, not a #1 pick. Try again without the personal attacks. Focus on their shitty play instead.

TemporaMutantur
07-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Stanley Johnson, Myles Turner, Justin Anderson, Devin Booker, Kelly Oubre Jr.,

Kyle Anderson is killing it, but I think he was drafted last year

Devin Booker is wrecking shit right now.

ZMonkey11
07-19-2015, 09:25 PM
Get em with that Stanley Johnson looooovvvee.

Ooooohhhhhh

FireDavidKahn
07-19-2015, 09:27 PM
5. Which player in Vegas will ultimately be the best pro?

Arnovitz: Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota. Basketball is played on the court, but listening to the 19-year-old chat postgame with an unusual combo of confidence and humility, it's hard not to see a winner. When suited up, Towns was always the most intuitive player on the floor -- an impressive passer out of double-teams, a defensive presence who will excel at that end, and an unselfish, communicative teammate. There's very little here not to like.

Elhassan: Towns. Don't overthink this one kids, he was drafted No. 1 for a reason.

Foster: Towns. In the absence of sustained dominance, you're looking for flashes. Towns gave us that in a variety of different settings, both as a passer and a finisher, and it's just hard to identify any real significant weaknesses in his game at such a young age. He's easily the safest bet for high-level production in this draft.

Pelton: Towns. The No. 1 overall pick has justified that selection by showing polish at both ends of the court. Of the top picks in Las Vegas, he's been the most productive.

Verrier: Towns. The numbers (12.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 2.0 APG) may elicit only tepid takes, but seeing him up close is a whole other experience. He's the biggest guy on the court ... and also the most fluid, the smartest, the most skilled; he's like a Gasol bro in a DeAndre Jordan body. Towns also has a bobbleheaded alter ego. SIGN ME UP.

It's funny as hell that nearly every scout and reporter raves about KAT and yet a large majority on here don't see anything special from him.:oldlol:

That tells you all you need to know about the basketball IQ on this forum.

Sportal
07-19-2015, 09:41 PM
It's funny as hell that nearly every scout and reporter raves about KAT and yet a large majority on here don't see anything special from him.:oldlol:

That tells you all you need to know about the basketball IQ on this forum.

Yeah, I don't know what media ol' noobcake has been watching. He has shown plenty, a lot of offence moves, showing that passing ability no-one really knew much about.. Showed more promise than most, but yet, "below expectation".

I'm not personally attacking you, I'm just querying your thought process. What could Porzingis have possibly have shown you in his limited minutes and you completely miss on Towns.

Kvnzhangyay
07-19-2015, 09:57 PM
I feel like Mudiay will definitely be at least top 5, especially with the fact that he's now the starting PG

Kvnzhangyay
07-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Wiggins is a bust. Towns is a solid player, not a #1 pick. Try again without the personal attacks. Focus on their shitty play instead.
:biggums: :biggums:

FKAri
07-19-2015, 10:16 PM
:biggums: :biggums:

I'm trying to think if any rookie of the year winner has ever been labelled bust

PejaNowitzki
07-19-2015, 10:25 PM

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

FireDavidKahn
07-19-2015, 11:25 PM
I'm trying to think if any rookie of the year winner has ever been labelled bust
Noobcake is known as the undisputed Wiggins hater

FireDavidKahn
07-19-2015, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I don't know what media ol' noobcake has been watching. He has shown plenty, a lot of offence moves, showing that passing ability no-one really knew much about.. Showed more promise than most, but yet, "below expectation".

I'm not personally attacking you, I'm just querying your thought process. What could Porzingis have possibly have shown you in his limited minutes and you completely miss on Towns.
Not exactly sure what question you are asking, but I lOve the zinger. I see either him or Towns being the best from this class

Sportal
07-20-2015, 12:58 AM
Not exactly sure what question you are asking, but I lOve the zinger. I see either him or Towns being the best from this class

I was talking to the Wiggins basher. He propped Zingis up and dismissed Towns.

FireMcFailPlease
07-20-2015, 01:06 AM
lets just hope that some of these people don't reproduce in this world

hawke812
07-20-2015, 02:01 AM
Completely unbiased and objective top 5 rooks:

D'Angelo Russell
Larry Nance, Jr.
Robert Upshaw
Anthony Brown
Will Davis II