Millslapped
07-18-2015, 01:50 PM
:biggums:

uber
07-18-2015, 02:00 PM
who?

MP.Trey
07-18-2015, 02:02 PM
See, Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move.

R.I.P.
07-18-2015, 02:49 PM

A classic. :applause: :oldlol:

Akrazotile
07-18-2015, 03:30 PM

:roll: :roll:

Dont do em that way :roll:

HylianNightmare
07-18-2015, 05:25 PM
University of Florida alumni

outbreak
07-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Decent player i don't mind his game

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-18-2015, 05:46 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :roll:

\thread

Vancouver-Grizz
07-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Sixers rather give trade-able contracts to players then signing plays that can help. I think they signed another player a last week with a lot of non guaranteed years.

midatlantic09
07-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Sixers rather give trade-able contracts to players then signing plays that can help. I think they signed another player a last week with a lot of non guaranteed years.

I don't see what the problem is, especially since Wilbekin is currently a better, more NBA ready guard than D'Angelo Russell. You only feel as though he can't help because he's not a big name player who was drafted top 10, but he has good size at 6'2, solid handles, a very good shooter, has a high bball IQ, and is a decent passer. That said, I think he can be the Sixers starting PG next year and surprise a lot of people around the league.

Done_And_Done
07-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Watched him a bit this week. Kid has some nice handles and a good read on the game. He could end up being a very valued pick up for the bench. Not sure why they shat out 4 years though. Perhaps he was fending other offers after his strong showing in Vegas.

Milbuck
07-18-2015, 07:35 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Milbuck
07-18-2015, 07:35 PM
:roll: :roll:

Dont do em that way :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :cheers: :cheers:

AboutBuckets
07-19-2015, 12:33 AM
We all know that Summer League is just that - Summer League. But, if anyone actually watched a full game or two of ours they would realize that he was one of the few capable on either team of actually reining in the chaos and cranking out a few solid basketball plays. One of the better passers I saw, a good shooting stroke and attempts to give a shit on defense, which is bringing more to the table than ~80% of the players out there. If we want to give him a cheap contract, who the hell cares

SwishSquared
07-19-2015, 01:24 AM
Did he take the Hinkie Special? If he did, that's 3 years of non-guaranteed contracts at $1M/year. Philly doesn't use cap space on seasoned NBA players really at all nowadays, so may as well try to find future rotation players like RoCo and Hollis Thompson.

spiegel
07-19-2015, 02:32 AM
4 years for who?

Clyde
07-19-2015, 02:43 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

midatlantic09
07-19-2015, 05:11 AM
Did he take the Hinkie Special? If he did, that's 3 years of non-guaranteed contracts at $1M/year. Philly doesn't use cap space on seasoned NBA players really at all nowadays, so may as well try to find future rotation players like RoCo and Hollis Thompson.

The Hinkie Special seems to have two versions.

Version A: 4 years with the first 2 years guaranteed starting at 507k then going to 850k (roughly)...the last two years over $1 million with both years being a team option.

Version B: 4 years of roughly $1 million a year....first 3 years guaranteed, 4th year team option.

I'm not sure which he has. I'm glad they signed him and I'm glad they aren't handing out $70 million for role players (who honestly don't add much, well, at least not for the Sixers in their current state) like many other teams. Sixers should sit out free agency until they have found their franchise player and only need to add pieces to compliment said player. However, I think they made a mistake of not offering Austin Rivers a decent contract. If I were Hinkie, I would have taken a chance and offered $20 mil over 4 years since I think Rivers has a ton of untapped potential and I like his attitude and strong desire to get better and better.

GOBB
07-19-2015, 08:38 AM

Usually would have a pretty good comeback but for this? You sometimes have to just take it and laugh as I'm doing now. Hilarious post. :roll:

:cheers:

MP.Trey
07-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Usually would have a pretty good comeback but for this? You sometimes have to just take it and laugh as I'm doing now. Hilarious post. :roll:

:cheers:
:oldlol: :cheers:

christian1923
07-19-2015, 11:35 AM
This guy is a gamer

Springsteen
07-19-2015, 12:41 PM
funky wilkerbean?

Choke94
07-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Scottie played in Greece for AEK Athens last year,for 3 months. He seemed like a player with very good athletic skills who could play really good D.
Never thought he would actually find a contract in the NBA so soon, though...

midatlantic09
07-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Scottie played in Greece for AEK Athens last year,for 3 months. He seemed like a player with very good athletic skills who could play really good D.
Never thought he would actually find a contract in the NBA so soon, though...

Why not? He was SEC Player of the Year and was the best player on a top 3 college team.

I realize NBA teams are obsessed "upside" (even if a guy can't shoot or has 100 other flaws in his game) and combine measurements, but the SEC Player of the Year should be on an NBA roster regardless. The guy should have been drafted last year, at least somewhere in the 2nd round.

Millslapped
07-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Why not? He was SEC Player of the Year and was the best player on a top 3 college team.

I realize NBA teams are obsessed "upside" (even if a guy can't shoot or has 100 other flaws in his game) but the SEC Player of the Year should be on an NBA roster regardless.
maybe because he wasn't that good really?

midatlantic09
07-19-2015, 02:36 PM
maybe because he wasn't that good really?

Neither are most of the guys outside of the first round of the draft. He should have been picked up somewhere in the 2nd round of the 2014 draft. Teams always take a chance on athletic guys who can't actually play basketball or bigs who are total scrubs and clueless on the court, so why not take a chance on the SEC Player of the Year with the 47th pick or whatever?

smoovegittar
07-19-2015, 02:39 PM
He'll be fine. He was automatic from 3.

Levity
07-19-2015, 04:20 PM
What's a Scott Wilbekin?

Choke94
07-19-2015, 04:32 PM
I believed that Wilbekin would continue playing pro-ball in Europe, possibly for a lucrative contract in Turkey or Spain. I agree that a player like him being undrafted even late in the 2nd was a major surprise, so he gets a chance to prove he can compete this year.