PDA

View Full Version : Healthy TWolves = Playoffs

IGOTGAME
07-18-2015, 02:14 PM
They have a good roster and if they stay healthy they should be in the playoffs. Any reason why they shouldnt?

GIF REACTION
07-18-2015, 02:16 PM
I'll give you one reason.

Kings.

StephHamann
07-18-2015, 02:23 PM
They have a good roster and if they stay healthy they should be in the playoffs. Any reason why they shouldnt?

8 reasons:

Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Rockets
Clippers
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Suns/Jazz/Kings

Harison
07-18-2015, 02:24 PM
Too young. Give them few years.

Millslapped
07-18-2015, 02:28 PM
HELL no

Legends66NBA7
07-18-2015, 02:32 PM

Biggest reason in the bold. Minnesota lead th league in man games lost to injury last season. I don't expect them to catch a perfect storm and be completely healthy this season. Also, since they are young and inexperienced, the rest of West would have to be completely injured for this to even happen.

PejaNowitzki
07-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Too young. Give them few years.

I think eventually they'll develop into a top tier team but the lack of any real veteran presence other than Garnett is going to hinder them this season.

IGOTGAME
07-18-2015, 02:34 PM
8 reasons:

Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Rockets
Clippers
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Suns/Jazz/Kings

Its not unreasonable to think they could have a better season than the Pelicans/Suns/Jazz/Kings

and one or two teams will go down with injuries.

IGOTGAME
07-18-2015, 02:34 PM
I think eventually they'll develop into a top tier team but the lack of any real veteran presence other than Garnett is going to hinder them this season.

Rubio has a calming effect as a player.

PejaNowitzki
07-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Rubio has a calming effect as a player.

:biggums:

IGOTGAME
07-18-2015, 02:39 PM
:biggums:

When you have an elite floor general with a ton of experience it provides a calming effect. Rubio has been in huge games and has had the pressure on him.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Biggest reason in the bold. Minnesota lead th league in man games lost to injury last season. I don't expect them to catch a perfect storm and be completely healthy this season. Also, since they are young and inexperienced, the rest of West would have to be completely injured for this to even happen.

People always make fun of the Blazers training staff, but the T-Wolves may be worse. They've had like 3-4 straight years of a ton of injuries.

Legends66NBA7
07-18-2015, 02:52 PM
People always make fun of the Blazers training staff, but the T-Wolves may be worse. They've had like 3-4 straight years of a ton of injuries.

Yup. Last year wasn't close either.

http://mgl.mangameslostcom1.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/data_plots/NBA/2014_2015/End-of-Season-NBA-Team-Games-Missed-Quality-April-17-2015-600x300.png

RidonKs
07-18-2015, 03:43 PM
they'll be in the mix. the more i look at their roster, the more i like them over the jazz. the suns don't have depth though maybe i've forgotten a move they made. the kings are the biggest question mark though, if karl whips that team into shape, the wolves will be forgotten for at least one more year.

i'll be cheering for them though. wiggins and bennett represent. i also love rubio and hope he regains his confidence after last year's disaster. if he misses time during the year, minnasota is ****ed since that means heavy minutes at pg for lavine... not a good look.

but if he returns with even a semblance of a jump shot, this team will surprise a lot of people. he's such a great floor leader.

Akrazotile
07-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Still too young. West too tough.

Vancouver-Grizz
07-18-2015, 03:58 PM
they'll be in the mix. the more i look at their roster, the more i like them over the jazz. the suns don't have depth though maybe i've forgotten a move they made. the kings are the biggest question mark though, if karl whips that team into shape, the wolves will be forgotten for at least one more year.

i'll be cheering for them though. wiggins and bennett represent. i also love rubio and hope he regains his confidence after last year's disaster. if he misses time during the year, minnasota is ****ed since that means heavy minutes at pg for lavine... not a good look.

but if he returns with even a semblance of a jump shot, this team will surprise a lot of people. he's such a great floor leader.

Highly doubt they will be in the mix. A very young team and they will turn the ball over way too much to win consistently. Right now is all about developing the youngsters and possibly trade Kmart and Pek for some good assets and also giving the young guys room to play. Big question will be on Rubio. His contract will be very tempting for a lot of teams to go after him but it really depends on the direction the Wolves decide to go. Lavine has shown flashes but it is still up for debate if he can run an offense.

Cocaine80s
07-18-2015, 04:00 PM
They wouldnt even make the playoffs in the east

midatlantic09
07-18-2015, 04:03 PM
No way are they getting to the playoffs next season. They'll probably win 10-12 more games than they did last year, but that's it. You're kidding yourself if you think KAT aka Al Horford 2.0 is going to be some dominant force and that Wiggins and LaVine will turn into legit all-star caliber players.

IGOTGAME
07-18-2015, 04:11 PM
No way are they getting to the playoffs next season. They'll probably win 10-12 more games than they did last year, but that's it. You're kidding yourself if you think KAT aka Al Horford 2.0 is going to be some dominant force and that Wiggins and LaVine will turn into legit all-star caliber players.

Wiggins will be a borderline all star next year. West is tough because all of the good players are there.

pastis
07-18-2015, 05:35 PM
okc, spurs, clippers, rockets, GSW, Grizzlies certainly in the playoffs

NO, Kings, Phoenix, nuggets, utah an wolves maybe

right now i dont see portland, mavs and lakers in the playoff race.

but if kobe stays healthy and is abe top put up like 24ppg...russel, randle striking up.....well they could sniff for the 8th spot. on the paper lakers roster doesnt look that bad imo

Kobe_6/8
07-18-2015, 06:10 PM
It depends on if Wiggins is an all-time great or not.

midatlantic09
07-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Wiggins will be a borderline all star next year. West is tough because all of the good players are there.

Fact:

13.9 PER
16/5/2 per 36
43-44% shooting
Doesn't make teammates better
Plays on a bad team so stats are inflated

Dude's numbers are worse than Tony Wroten's.

hawksdogsbraves
07-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Wolves won't be close next year. 30-35 wins tops.

FireDavidKahn
07-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Wolves won't be close next year. 30-35 wins tops.
This, and that's only if if we are relatively healthy.

IGOTGAME
07-18-2015, 07:01 PM
If they stay healthy, a big "if", they are winning more than that. The only other thing that would set them back is playing Lavine at point guard.

Wiggins is gonna take a jump towards being on the path of an all time great. And the versatility that Towns brings is gonna be insane. Most exciting team in the league.

FireDavidKahn
07-18-2015, 07:54 PM
If they stay healthy, a big "if", they are winning more than that. The only other thing that would set them back is playing Lavine at point guard.

Wiggins is gonna take a jump towards being on the path of an all time great. And the versatility that Towns brings is gonna be insane. Most exciting team in the league.
I honestly don't know what to expect. Losing Love doesn't set a team back from 40 wins to 16. Having Rubio, despite his historically bad shooting, will improve our offense by so much. There's too many variables IMO to predict what the Wolves end up doing next year.

I don't see them winning much more than 30 games, but a healthy Rubio + Wiggins + Lavine + Bazz (health is a giant issues) + KAT could equal a very good overall offense. Pek is too damaged to even assume he will contribute anything.

Sportal
07-18-2015, 08:14 PM
I can't think of a good real world example for comparison.. Kart Racing to Formula1 with year of experience? Yeah...

Too young, too raw, too hard out West. Would be impressive to watch though.

JellyBean
07-18-2015, 08:34 PM
It would be nice having the Wolves in the playoffs. But we are a year or two away from making a serious run for the playoffs. The West is deep. We will have 5 teams from the Southwest making the playoffs again. The Clippers and Warriors will be back. That is 7 spots. OKC, unless the wheels just fall off, will be that 8th playoff team.

KendrickPerkins
07-18-2015, 09:24 PM
:facepalm

Bigsmoke
07-18-2015, 10:35 PM
The West being so loaded with talent doesn't help their case.

Bigsmoke
07-18-2015, 10:38 PM
Fact:

13.9 PER
16/5/2 per 36
43-44% shooting
Doesn't make teammates better
Plays on a bad team so stats are inflated

Dude's numbers are worse than Tony Wroten's.

The Potential is there if you see him play.

The people who think he ain't be shit are the ones that just look at stats all day.

FireMcFailPlease
07-18-2015, 10:46 PM
wont happen.

let the west get older, wolves accumulate more young talent to grow together...i agree with most, 2 years we should be in the playoff hunt. 4 or 5 who knows how good we'll be.

midatlantic09
07-19-2015, 01:02 AM
The Potential is there if you see him play.

The people who think he ain't be shit are the ones that just look at stats all day.

-No handles
-Can't create
-No leadership
-Potential is just that...potential. Potential = unrealized. Call me when it actually comes to fruition.

CarlosBoozer
07-19-2015, 01:25 AM
They don't have a lot of strengths or enough to make it to the playoffs
- no legit superstars yet (Wiggins has all-star potential)
- no dominant big men (defensive or offensive)
- not enough shooters
- highly doubt rubio and pek stay healthy the entire season
- other than Garnett, not enough leadership.
- coach?

morbius
07-19-2015, 01:46 PM
I think they could possibly sneak in this year if healthy, but next year is more likely. The biggest question is how good Wiggins and KAT will be this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shabazz or LaVine suddenly explode. Also, keep your eyes on Bjelica, the guy is real good.

Duderonomy
07-19-2015, 02:31 PM
I don't think that's the expectations for this season. It's a very young team with some depth issues. But Townes and Wiggins could very well be the best duo in the league in a few years, especially if WB and KD go separate ways